Type keyword(s) to search

Former Hosts: PERSONAL Life After The View

• Start Topic

42 minutes ago, Jaded said:

Her kid is barely 1 1/2 so her ranting about kids not wearing masks when she doesn't really have much skin in the game in regards to that subject is really ironic to put it nicely.

It's classic Meghan though. She always acts like things affect her so personally when they never do. 

• Love 6
13 hours ago, Jaded said:

Her kid is barely 1 1/2 so her ranting about kids not wearing masks when she doesn't really have much skin in the game in regards to that subject is really ironic to put it nicely.

A lot of the people ranting about it have no skin in the game. Like Meghan they like to make out that they're the victims along with other peoples kids. My 4 year old grandson chastises his parents if they & him are not wearing a mask when going shopping etc.

• Love 10
13 hours ago, Jaded said:

That's never stopped her before.  Remember when she was ranting about not being able to go buy a crib? She has the kind of money a crib store would have have had different cribs delivered to her for her to choose from.

If Meghan isn't complaining and blaming something on the opposing team she isn't happy.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, HerkyJerky said:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/just-cast-responded-meghan-mccain-224106184.html

MeAgain pissed some more people off.  Pretty soon she won't have any friends left.  Oh wait...😏

From the article:

Nicole Ari Parker — who plays Lisa on the show — then addressed Meghan's column, "Comments like that say more about the person saying them. Maybe in your living room, when you step outside, or go to the grocery store, it looks the same. Maybe it is too much for you. For these characters in New York City, it's not."

Sure does.

Also from the article: Meghan tweeted this less than a year ago.

Sex and the City aged so poorly for so many different reasons (apparently Manhattan is only filled with white people among other things). But I would rather cut my baby toe off than ever go back to being single and dating again.

Geez you think Meghan's anger is just manufactured for her columns?

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

I'm happy they made AJLT more diverse and disagree with Meghan that "wokeness kills everything," but I have to agree with her that AJLT just wasn't done very well. It's like they tried to make up for many years of minorities being ignored with ONE season. You can't do that. And a lot of the writing was cringey regarding both race and sex. I also agree with her that AJLT wasn't as fun or funny as SATC. But I'd blame it on bad writing and not blame it on wokeness. 

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I'm happy they made AJLT more diverse and disagree with Meghan that "wokeness kills everything," but I have to agree with her that AJLT just wasn't done very well. It's like they tried to make up for many years of minorities being ignored with ONE season. You can't do that. And a lot of the writing was cringey regarding both race and sex. I also agree with her that AJLT wasn't as fun or funny as SATC. But I'd blame it on bad writing and not blame it on wokeness. 

I agree with you that the show is bad due to bad writing that was so out of character that I will not watch the show if there is a second season but I digress. 

Megan's manufactured outrage is so off-putting that it makes me roll my eyes and it is just another reason for her to rage at people she sees as her enemy. Megan needs therapy to deal with her demons it is not healthy to be so pissed off about everything in life. She is too young to be so bitter,

Edited by Pearson80
  • Like 1
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Megan's manufactured outrage is so off-putting it makes me roll my eyes

Especially since she had the same criticism she is now criticizing.  

I myself have criticized AJLT as @RealHousewife knows.  But my criticism isn't that it's woke. It's that it was written so poorly. That they shoehorned in storylines that were not organic to the show.  But Meghan is saying the show shouldn't be telling those stories.  Hate to break it you Meghan but just because you don't want to see those stories doesn't mean there aren't people who do want to see them.

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

I agree with you that the show is bad due to bad writing that was so out of character that I will not watch the show if there is a second season but I digress. 

Megan's manufactured outrage is so off-putting that it makes me roll my eyes and it is just another reason for her to rage at people she sees as her enemy. Megan needs therapy to deal with her demons it is not healthy to be so pissed off about everything in life. She is too young to be so bitter,

Couldn't agree with you more. 

3 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

Especially since she had the same criticism she is now criticizing.  

I myself have criticized AJLT as @RealHousewife knows.  But my criticism isn't that it's woke. It's that it was written so poorly. That they shoehorned in storylines that were not organic to the show.  But Meghan is saying the show shouldn't be telling those stories.  Hate to break it you Meghan but just because you don't want to see those stories doesn't mean there aren't people who do want to see them.

Haha, yes I can vouch for this! :) I was happy to see you post so hopefully I wouldn't look too crazy for not entirely disagreeing with Meghan. lol We've all critiqued the hell out of the show, just in a different way from Meghan. She talks like she'd be happy keeping SATC the exact same. She fancies herself a huge ally of the LGBT community and has said the worst thing she could be called is a racist, but it's always political culture wars over actually caring about minorities with her. 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

She fancies herself a huge ally of the LGBT community and has said the worst thing she could be called is a racist, but it's always political culture wars over actually caring about minorities with her. 

It's all performative with her.  I think she is an ally to only one group.  And that group is not known for it's diversity.  

• Love 7

I'm not a big fan of Sherri as a personality--she is a very good actor though--still I'm happy for her that she got a talkshow!

So this counts her in with Rosie O'Donnell, Joy, and Meredith Vieira as being among co-hosts who had solo shows separate from the show. Are there any others? I believe Whoopi had a short-lived one, too, before my time. Not sure about Jenny McCarthy...

• Love 1
1 minute ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I'm not a big fan of Sherri as a personality--she is a very good actor though--still I'm happy for her that she got a talkshow!

So this counts her in with Rosie O'Donnell, Joy, and Meredith Vieira as being among co-hosts who had solo shows separate from the show. Are there any others? I believe Whoopi had a short-lived one, too, before my time. Not sure about Jenny McCarthy...

Not a talk show, but Jenny did have a radio show for awhile.

2 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

No coincidentally those are my three favorite View cohosts.

And I am happy for Sherri. Not a big fan of hers but I do think she will be good at hosting that type of show.  Pop culture was more her lane.

• Love 5
On 2/23/2022 at 1:03 PM, TheGreenKnight said:

I believe Whoopi had a late night talk show in the 90s.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 2/23/2022 at 2:03 PM, TheGreenKnight said:

Lisa Ling too, and Star Jones had some kind of law show.

Edited by Tunia
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 2/15/2022 at 5:32 AM, TheGreenKnight said:

I didn't think Joy even used Twitter, lol. Part of me thinks this was deliberate on Joy's part to help divert attention from Whoopi's first day back, who McCain had helped to dogpile after all. I mean, it would be easy to predict McCain going psychotic, since she would over anything related to Joy.

Projection is the name of the game these days though. McCain sounds like she's describing herself with the way she spent months whining about how she was fired, then coming out to knife a former co-worker in a weak moment. Joy tweeted one word while McCain has made like five different rants about it already going by that article alone, lmao.

I don’t tweet so to speak or check it unless someone mentions a tweet. The other day I was watching a podcast of 2 comedians I like and they mentioned this and the female comic made a crack about an 80 year old that’s jealous and the male said something about how Megan is nice she follows him and  always likes his tweets .  So I went to the tweet and Joy was responding to the person who was originally questioning the need to post every thought. I might add that it’s almost exact tweet Michele Obama tweeted and Megan’s picture was from years ago,  I think was from her cowboy rooting tooting wedding week. 
In previous segment the female comic mentioned that at one point she was invited to a Mar-largo party and although she didn’t go after much thought she says who doesn’t want to o to a fab party? I’d rather have teeth pulled than the thought of going to a Mar a Largo party 
Therefore guess  guess whose podcast I’m dropping. 

Edited by athousandclowns
Typo

She doesn't have to send Liberty to pre-school at two years old.  She can wait until she's older or simply not send her to school at all until kindergarten.  In my day, we didn't even have kindergarten--we just went straight to first grade.  If she's worried about socialization, she has relatives and many friends (or so she says) who probably have kids around Liberty's age.

• Love 7
(edited)
6 minutes ago, SusannahM said:

What on earth makes MM think she is remotely qualified to weigh in on international politics?  Just because she tries to look like Princess Leia?

6 minutes ago, SusannahM said:

What?  You don’t think her art history degree and a couple years on the View are enough to qualify her as a pundint?

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 15
  • Love 2

Meghan McCain has shared her take on motherhood — and it sparked some very fair rebuttals. The Daily Mail columnist and former host of The View, who gave birth to her daughter Liberty in 2020, took to Twitter with the following message:

“The biggest and worst lie my generation was ever sold is that motherhood is a burden and something you could take or leave,” she wrote. “But nothing in my life compares to being Liberty’s mom – the sheer joy, fulfillment, privilege it is. & I’ve experienced A LOT of amazing/surreal things.”

More from SheKnows

The second half of the tweet is sweet. It’s wonderful that McCain is having such an incredible experience as a mother! The first part of the tweet feels misguided. For many people, motherhood would be an extreme burden — and not one that they could flippantly take. McCain is approaching the idea of parenting from a privileged perspective, one where childcare is a possibility, bank accounts are stable and insurance is affordable.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
30 minutes ago, HerkyJerky said:

Meghan McCain has shared her take on motherhood — and it sparked some very fair rebuttals. The Daily Mail columnist and former host of The View, who gave birth to her daughter Liberty in 2020, took to Twitter with the following message:

“The biggest and worst lie my generation was ever sold is that motherhood is a burden and something you could take or leave,” she wrote. “But nothing in my life compares to being Liberty’s mom – the sheer joy, fulfillment, privilege it is. & I’ve experienced A LOT of amazing/surreal things.”

More from SheKnows

The second half of the tweet is sweet. It’s wonderful that McCain is having such an incredible experience as a mother! The first part of the tweet feels misguided. For many people, motherhood would be an extreme burden — and not one that they could flippantly take. McCain is approaching the idea of parenting from a privileged perspective, one where childcare is a possibility, bank accounts are stable and insurance is affordable.

I don't know any folks who say motherhood is a burden, just a lot of responsibility and something that is not for every woman. 

And that is right on. Meghan's never had to worry about how she would support a family. She's an heiress. 

• Love 10
(edited)

Meghan McCain "liked" a tweet on Saturday (May 7), that referred to the Lincoln Project and Steve Schmidt (as a person who ran it) as a "pedo racket."

Steve Schmidt then opened the floodgates on John McCain's daughter (and the McCain campaign) and how difficult she was to deal with. There are a number of different threads from today on his Twitter page. Here are some of his greatest hits on Meghan McCain.

There are two more tweets in that thread,  but they're not about Meghan.

This is from later in the day, regarding Meghan's poor book sales and bad attitude.

Here's more on her sparkling personality.

Edited by General Days
Edited my first sentence to make sense.
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14
(edited)

Wow, that picture.  No words.

I can hear Steve Schmitt's voice saying those things.  I'm not a fan but absolutely believe every word he said.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 12
41 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Wow, that picture.  No words.

I can hear Steve Schmitt's voice saying those things.  I'm not a fan but absolutely believe every word he said.

All of us here saw her act that way during her tenure on the View.  It's who she is.  

• Love 16
(edited)

Steve Schmidt was on FIRE on Twitter Saturday night (5/7/22) !! It wasn't all about Meghan McCain, but she ignited it. For those of you that don't know Mr. Schmidt, he was John McCain's campaign manager (along with Nicole Wallace) in the 2008 Presidential campaign. You know, the one with Sarah Palin as his VP pick. From that campaign, he knows the real Meghan McCain quite well.

I have been a follower and huge fan of Schmidt in the years since. He has a great mind, knows American history, is an awesome wordsmith and takes no prisoners. He is often on MSNBC as a guest commentator. He is a former Republican. And has seen the light. He is a co-founder of The Lincoln Project, along with Reed Galen, Rick Wilson and others. Tara Setmeyer (often a guest host on The View) is an advisor. They are all "recovering" Republicans who have seen the light.

https://www.politicususa.com/2022/05/08/steve-schmidt-goes-off-and-obliterates-meghan-mccain.html

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 12

Schmidt truly loved, adored, and respected Senator John McCain.

Prior to McCain's funeral in 2018, Meghan leaked who was not invited, which included Steve Schmidt and Nicole Wallace, I remember being shocked that they were not invited. I suspected they were very hurt. 

"When news broke about McCain’s death, a few hours passed, until stories were viciously leaked by @MeghanMcCain about who wasn’t invited to the funeral..."

"She hit the mark. @MeghanMcCain I want you to know that was the greatest act of cruelty I ever experienced. It was for all of us that you targeted. It was humiliating and shaming."

(edited)

More Schmidt:

" Meghan McCain is "a bully, entitled, unaccomplished, spoiled & mean. She has rejected her Family’s history of service for a shallow purposeless celebrity where she trades on a famous name like a fourth generation wannabe."

THE BURN.

Hmm. I think many of us that watched The View during her tenure, may have suspected that was her real character.

If I smoked, I'd be cockily puffing my cigarette in a fancy holder while tossing my hair. 😁

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • LOL 10
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, General Days said:

Meghan McCain "liked" a tweet on Saturday (May 7), that referred to the Lincoln Project (and Steve Schmidt) as a person who ran it as a "pedo."

For all her many faults I did not realize she was Qanon as well.  That kind of accusation is exactly where they go to when they want to smear someone.

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
49 minutes ago, SusanM said:

For all her many faults I did not realize she was Qanon as well.  That kind of accusation is exactly where they go to when they want to smear someone.

Meghan is a vicious petty immature brat.  She will go after someone anyway she can.  

• Love 12
(edited)
23 hours ago, Bossa Nova said:

Steve Schmidt was on FIRE on Twitter Saturday night (5/7/22) !! It wasn't all about Meghan McCain, but she ignited it.

I didn't get into the parts that were not about Meghan, because we're not supposed to talk about politics or center our conversation on her family.

In other words, I didn't want to see the parts that are about Meghan get deleted, because it turned political.

23 hours ago, Bossa Nova said:

More Schmidt:

" Meghan McCain is "a bully, entitled, unaccomplished, spoiled & mean. She has rejected her Family’s history of service for a shallow purposeless celebrity where she trades on a famous name like a fourth generation wannabe."

THE BURN.

Hmm. I think many of us that watched The View during her tenure, may have suspected that was her real character.

If I smoked, I'd be cockily puffing my cigarette in a fancy holder while tossing my hair. 😁

Right?! It's gratifying to see someone say that publicly. (That tweet is in the fifth Twitter embedded link in my earlier post, if anyone wants to click and go to it on Twitter.)

I laughed when I read it, because so many people in this forum could tell she is like that, just from watching her on The View.

22 hours ago, SusanM said:

I don't think she is. Remember how tribal she always was on The View? I think she will just say anything about people who aren't on her "team."

Edited by General Days
typo
  • Like 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Bossa Nova said:

More Schmidt:

THE BURN.

Nobody does "a burn" better than Steve Schmidt!!!  LOLOLOL.

• Fire 1
  • Love 8
24 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

Nobody does "a burn" better than Steve Schmidt!!!  LOLOLOL.

I particularly liked his comment about her during John McCain's campaign (that she got booted off of): "She was a 24 year old 2 year old."  Now she's proving she is a 37.5 year old 2 year old.  Soon Libs will be more mature than her mother.

• Love 11