Type keyword(s) to search

Former Hosts: PERSONAL Life After The View

• Start Topic

I've never been a huge Rosie fan, but hope for her sake that Chelsea isn't just using her now that her circumstances are shaky.  Chelsea doesn't seem to be on a very stable path (IMO).

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Tunia said:

I've never been a huge Rosie fan, but hope for her sake that Chelsea isn't just using her now that her circumstances are shaky.  Chelsea doesn't seem to be on a very stable path (IMO).

Not on a stable path and isn't doing anything to prevent bringing children into it either.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Jaded said:

Not on a stable path and isn't doing anything to prevent bringing children into it either.

At least the creep of a husband is out of her life. And she has re-connected with Rosie.  And probably, Kelly and the rest of the family as well. So as long as she'll allow them, she'll have family (and financial) support if she needs them. 

I do wonder if she''ll be stable enough to raise a child.  It won't surprise me if Rosie ends up with another baby. ☹️

• Love 7
1 hour ago, General Days said:

I don't know. When your oldest kid is 23, marrying a 33 year old seems strange to me (not to mention ill-advised). I wish her well, but I'm not betting any money that it will last. 

I think that Rosie is very needy and her last marriage was a hot mess. I wish her well and I hope that she has an ironclad prenup. Her fiancee is very pretty. Rosie seems to have a certain type. I would not be surprise if she has a baby with her via a donor.

• Love 6

I like how she's wearing her hair grey now. I saw her on Nicolle's Deadline: White House last week. A lot of times, I find Rosie's political talk rubs me wrong, but (as I think was noted in this thread), it was a strong episode all around. 

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, General Days said:

I like how she's wearing her hair grey now. I saw her on Nicolle's Deadline: White House last week. A lot of times, I find Rosie's political talk rubs me wrong, but (as I think was noted in this thread), it was a strong episode all around. 

Why does her political talk rub you the wrong way? I think politics triggers her demons and her depression.

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Why does her political talk rub you the wrong way? I think politics triggers her demons and her depression.

I totally feel her on this. I'm usually a glass ½ full type of person, but recent political events really make me feel down.

• Love 8
22 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I think that's exactly what it is, but I'm not sure I would have thought of that, if you didn't suggest it. 

When (I perceive) Rosie's depression is kicking in, it bothers me to watch in a hard-to-describe way. I feel very bad for her, and I don't want it to continue. Similarly, I used to try to read her blog, and it was just not a good experience (for me), so I stopped.

If she came back to The View again, I'd probably stop watching (unless she was like she was on Deadline: White House last week).  I don't think Rosie is right for the show, but I also don't think the show is right for her. 

I like her, but I did not enjoy her last, short return to The View. Aside from being concerned for her health, I was just relieved (as a viewer) when she left. There can be an edge to her anger that I find upsetting, and it also just makes me sad.

Edited by General Days
correct omitted word
  • Love 7
On 10/24/2018 at 2:17 PM, Apprentice79 said:

I think that Rosie is very needy and her last marriage was a hot mess. I wish her well and I hope that she has an ironclad prenup. Her fiancee is very pretty. Rosie seems to have a certain type. I would not be surprise if she has a baby with her via a donor.

Is that Rosie's ex doing news items on Today?  Kelly Odonnell?

Any other Rosie followers notice the lack of mentions and photos of her fiancee as of late?

ETA- I spoke too soon- Liz has joined Rosie and her children on vacation in Miami!

Edited by springtime
updated information
6 hours ago, Tammee said:

Is that Rosie's ex doing news items on Today?  Kelly Odonnell?

Her ex Kelli goes by her maiden name on Twitter. She's remarried to a singer named Anne Steele.

21 hours ago, springtime said:

Any other Rosie followers notice the lack of mentions and photos of her fiancee as of late?

I guess I kinda did, but thought maybe she was preoccupied with her new granddaughter.    If they broke up, it's not surprising.  Besides the large age difference, the fiancee lives in Boston and has a full-time job as a Mounted Police officer, and probably doesn't want to give up that job and move to New York.  And I doubt Rosie would move to Boston.   And the fiancee also probably can't just drop everything on a moment's notice to jet off on vacation with Rosie, or to a Broadway show, etc.  If they have split, glad they didn't get married, at least. Poor Rosie. At least it appears she and Chelsea are on good terms again. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, buffynut said:

I guess I kinda did, but thought maybe she was preoccupied with her new granddaughter.    If they broke up, it's not surprising.  Besides the large age difference, the fiancee lives in Boston and has a full-time job as a Mounted Police officer, and probably doesn't want to give up that job and move to New York.  And I doubt Rosie would move to Boston.   And the fiancee also probably can't just drop everything on a moment's notice to jet off on vacation with Rosie, or to a Broadway show, etc.  If they have split, glad they didn't get married, at least. Poor Rosie. At least it appears she and Chelsea are on good terms again. 

Rosie seems like a difficult woman.  I remember that Barbara Walters said that Rosie wants too much emotionally and it is very hard for anybody to fill it. She also theorized that it stems from Rosie losing her mother at a very young age.  I love Rosie and I wish her all the best..

• Love 10

I've always liked Ro and hopefully she won't rush into another marriage. The ring she gave is absolutely gorgeous! I think they will be engaged forever.

20 hours ago, buffynut said:

Besides the large age difference, the fiancee lives in Boston and has a full-time job as a Mounted Police officer, and probably doesn't want to give up that job and move to New York.  And I doubt Rosie would move to Boston.   And the fiancee also probably can't just drop everything on a moment's notice to jet off on vacation with Rosie, or to a Broadway show, etc. 

Boston and NYC aren't that far apart and with Ro's money it probably is easier to jet off on vacation. I think Ro was in Boston most of summer filming her new show. They can make it work.

• Love 3
On 12/28/2018 at 7:10 PM, Apprentice79 said:

Rosie seems like a difficult woman.  I remember that Barbara Walters said that Rosie wants too much emotionally and it is very hard for anybody to fill it. She also theorized that it stems from Rosie losing her mother at a very young age.  I love Rosie and I wish her all the best..

I still remember when Rosie was on Oprah and, speaking of her feud with Barbara, said "I had demanded an emotional connection from her that she was not willing or maybe even able to give, and that I had no right to ask for."

• Love 7
13 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

Barbara Walters does not seem to be a very warm and loving person.  Any respect I had for her went away when I found out she dated Roy Cohn.

You mean she doesn't radiate warmth and joy to you? ... please note the sarcasm, lol. She may be a decorated and accomplished professional in her industry but she has never struck me as being warm, loving or relatable. I've always felt like Barbara uses so much of energy exuding a very polished demeanor that she rarely had any energy left to be truly authentic. But that's just this girl's opinion. 

• Love 17
On 12/29/2018 at 12:06 PM, OnTime said:

Boston and NYC aren't that far apart and with Ro's money it probably is easier to jet off on vacation.

UNLESS the new girlfriend intends/needs* to keep her job...then spur (pun intended) of the moment getting away ain't so easy.

*smart enough to learn Rosie's romantic history.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, springtime said:

Worcester mounted police - uniform restrictions and care of "her" horse- she gets a pass on her nail care!

I do give her a pass under normal circumstances; I grew up with horses.  Still..she has fake nails and overgrown cuticles--someone did a bad job.  She'd be better with natural nails and some cuticle care.

• Love 1
On 2/19/2019 at 3:26 PM, rcc said:

Paula's father died in Michigan. She spoke of him often about their love of U of Michigan sports. Rip Mr. Faris.

Paula back at the GMA desk. Robin Roberts acknowledged her Dad's passing. Paula responded well- thanking ABC and all for condolences and support. She held it together- I would've been a bumbling mess!

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, Haleth said:

You mean she isn't demanding everyone pay tribute to her father or coddle her due to her exception grief?  Or posting endless tweets to keep the world aware of her singular loss?

Paula is a grown up. Meghan is not.

• Love 17