Type keyword(s) to search

S30.E14: It's A Fickle, Fickle Game / S30.E15: Worlds Apart Reunion

• Start Topic

Really hate all the people who gave Cas a second chance. The rest are a mix of either I like them or I'm indifferent to them.........but Cas can't get voted off quick enough for me.

If Shirin had known she was going to be playing a again so soon she'd never have dropped that info at final tribal that she made her "first" million at 25......wonder how many second chancers caught that and if it'll come back to haunt her .

I hope it does, I can't stand her.  

I think Probst stopped his rant at Will when Will's wife got into the mix.  That was not going to be pretty.

Most of my second chance votes got in. I did not vote for Kass or Abi-Maria though.

• Love 1

So after Shirin saying Carolyn had her vote, she voted for Mike? Because it showed Sierra voting for Carolyn, and Carolyn only got one vote,

I think Shirin said something like, "you're still in it" as if she had not yet made a final decision whether to vote for Carolyn or Mike.  I don't believe she told Carolyn that she definitely was voting for her.

• Love 4
(edited)

I think the fact she went to rocks was a bigger deal. It annoys me too they bring up the fact she voted out her mom all the time. I do like her better than her mom and voted for her.

I liked that move better.  Ciera did get my votes, but that's all I ever see her game referenced to.  I mean, the whole point is to vote people off.  I'd vote my mom off in a heartbeat for a million, and she'd do the same to me, if it improved our chances.  It's not like we wouldn't be sharing the wealth anyway.

Joe looked like a little kid at Christmas.  I still think it was funny they left him, Spencer, and Brad for last.

I wonder if there will be a lot of sour grapes from the dirty30 tomorrow over how the reunion went, and lack of time spent on everyone.  Did they even talk to Sierra? 

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1

I liked that move better.  Ciera did get my votes, but that's all I ever see her game referenced to.  I mean, the whole point is to vote people off.  I'd vote my mom off in a heartbeat for a million, and she'd do the same to me, if it improved our chances.  It's not like we wouldn't be sharing the wealth anyway.

Plus for me at least it would be a bigger deal if she was the swing vote her mom was going home anyway. I think the fact no one had gone to rocks in 23 seasons is huge! I never thought it would happen again. I do think it does hinder her chances though playing again. I wouldn't trust her in a heartbeat.

• Love 1

Count me in the group who doesn't buy Mike as likeable. He was a bit of a douche early on, but simply got overshadowed by pure awfulness.

From a Survivor standpoint, Mike didn't have much of a strategic game, as he consistently torpedoed his standing among his alliance when he was in it. Socially, he was pretty significantly disliked by most players, but the combination of his strategic ineptitude pushed him into becoming friends with the people on the outs. Only by the graces of his physical play and the overall lack of physical prowess by the remaining cast did these not come back to bite him.

I have to say that, the more I think about it, the more dissatisfying this end is. Of course, virtually any other end would've been equally or more dissatisfying...so...I don't know.

Personally, I find it insulting that Carolyn only got one vote. She arguably played as well as Mike did. Better strategically, not great socially, decent physically. Will got a vote, which is ridiculous, but Rodney is Rodney.

Next season is already better than this one.

• Love 6
(edited)

And Malcolm was Dollar Store Ozzy....... Ozzy may not be the prettiest but he was the Original Flavour/Gangster in my opinion.... cannot be beat.  Even Woo is like a different version of him...

Sucks for Carolyn; she lost in the votes twice tonight.  Maybe Survivor fans/audiences just really didn't like her and couldn't warm up to her.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 4
Personally, I find it insulting that Carolyn only got one vote. She arguably played as well as Mike did. Better strategically, not great socially, decent physically. Will got a vote, which is ridiculous, but Rodney is Rodney.

I disagree.  At the merge Carolyn and Tyler (along with Will) had the offer of a F4 secret alliance dropped in their lap by Rodney.  I think she erred in burning the bridge with Shirin, who would have given her more options.  While I don't remember the exact specifics of the particular TC, she might have been wiser to try to keep Tyler around.  I give her credit for playing her HII when she needed to.  But I don't give her any credit for aligning with Mike at F5.  That was as much Mike's move as it was hers.  

I think Carolyn had a much higher impression of her own gameplay than was warranted.  

It seems like Mike's social game was pretty weak.  But you can't discount that Immunity Run, all occurring when he absolutely needed it.  And I thought him gambit with the HII in the TC that Shirin was sent home was fairly astute.

As far as Will, frankly I think getting a vote from Rodney actually makes him look worse, if that's possible.

• Love 12
A lot has been covered, but I never saw a Colby/Tina situation with Mike and Carolyn. I knew those men would never vote for a...how did Rodney put it..."fugazi ass female" over a dude, and the No-Collars clearly hated Carolyn because she looked down her nose at them the entire time they were a tribe.
Yeah, I think Carolyn's main hope was to be in with Sierra and Will. She earned the dislike of the No Collars, but I think she was screwed by the general misogyny of the rest of the BC group. For some reason, Tyler voting for Mike, in particular, cracks me up because I feel like it's Tyler voting against his own game.

I'm okay with Mike winning because he was a decent enough person and his immunity run was very impressive, but lengthy immunity runs are my least favorite way for a person to earn a victory. It allows people to sidestep the outwit and potential betrayal aspect. Mike played a pretty poor strategic game. He had the numbers right alongside Carolyn and then botched it through very poor play at both the auction and post-auction letter reading. His HII gamble with Shirin was something, I guess, but it didn't appear to have any actual effect on the game. I think Carolyn played better, but she's not the first case where the better player doesn't win. 

I'm glad Shirin made it to Second Chances. She's not the only socially awkward person, so hopefully she'll have an easier go of things this time around. I pray Shirin and Peih-Gee are on the same tribe. Throw Kimmi on there, too.

• Love 3

I didn't believe Jeff when he said this was a great season, because, well, he's Jeff. The first half was horribly boring when it wasn't being a display of the worst of the humanity. But the last half really did pick up, and I enjoyed it.

I am glad Mike won. He had his jerky moments for sure, but I respect his gameplay because he was "public enemy number one" for a long time, and managed to stay in it. I wanted him to win mostly because he was less terrible than all these other assholes. I didn't like Carolyn from day one, and I'm glad she didn't win, but I was really surprised that she got only one voter. Really surprised.

Why did Will and Rodney vote out Sierra at five? Why not Carolyn, who they had just tried to vote out, and who had an even better chance of beating them? Confusing.

I don't buy Dan or Will's apologies on the reunion show, because I've been paying attention to social media where they both defend their actions and admit no wrongdoing. They were all bullshit tonight. Jeff really hates Dan, doesn't he? Wow. Just wish he had given Will the same treatment.

Wow, Jenn would have voted for Rodney over Mike?

Jen and Hali would have voted for Rodney in a F3 scenario? Color me shocked.

That was so surprising to me! Why in the world would either of them vote for Rodney to win?? Either they were being silly, or there is a story there that I would like to know.

• Love 9

Jenn is awesome. One of the best final tribal speeches ever. She was 100% (make that 150,000%!) correct about people being bitter that they got beat. I think she probably helped sway some people.

I loved that Joe very frankly told Carolyn that she comes across as cold. Because she is. She looked devastated when Jeff told her she wasn't returning. I'm not at all surprised. She came across as cold, calculating and unlikeable. But the difference between her and Kass is that Kass knew she was being the villain. Carolyn has absolutely no idea how she comes across to people. I bet she would claim that that's the New Yorker in her, but in any event it made people not want to vote for her.

Happy for Andrew. And Tasha. And Peih Gee. And Varner and Kimmi. I was worried they wouldn't make it and they seemed so happy.

• Love 12
(edited)

Why did Will and Rodney vote out Sierra at five? Why not Carolyn, who they had just tried to vote out, and who had an even better chance of beating them? Confusing.

This has me scratching my head too. But it seemed Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dumb finally remembered there is a jury and realized Sierra was more likable than Carolyn and, amazingly, were correct in thinking Mike preferred to keep Carolyn, so Sierra was an easier sell.

Edited by escatefromny
  • Love 4

I think Savage thought he was toast when Terry was announced first. Next to him were the woman Abi & Kass. He probably thought that since Terry was picked he wouldn't and then Jeff would go right to the woman. His head was down and he looked a little despondent and then jumped for joy when Jeff gave him the good news. I'm still curious if Terry and Savage will work together or target each other. Should be fun.

• Love 1
(edited)

Congrats Ironman Mike.  Shirin, you gave the nuttiest speech since Sue Hawk.  Well Dan, I guess you will deservedly be remembered, because when you finished Shirin's sentence with "dead fish", I was howling.

Edited by Dobian
  • Love 5

Andrew, Peih-Gee, Kimmi, and Varner looked so happy and excited.  I'm sure they thought they had an uphill battle, and with it being rumored that at least 3 of them might be bubblers, I can see why they were worried.  When Jeff went to Teresa, Stephanie, and Peih-Gee, and said only one of them was making it, Peih-Gee almost looked resigned to the fact that she wasn't getting on.  For most of the people selected, this is what I consider second chances all about.  They may have gotten a raw deal in their respective seasons by circumstances out of their control, or maybe they did play a crap game but can improve.  I'm hoping that they don't disappoint, but seeing Spencer, Abi, Stephen, Joe, Jeremy, PG, the two Kelley's, Varner, and Savage, and I'm excited about the prospects there.  Throw in my other faves who made it and it will be a great season.  I think Varner will really make for an entertaining season and I hope he goes the distance.  

• Love 3

So could someone give the final lineup for next season?

Men: Jeff Varner, Terry, Andrew, Woo, Spencer, Jeremy, Keith, Vytas, Joe, Stephen Fishbach

Women: Kelly Wigglesworth, Kimmi, Peih Gee, Ciera, Kelly Wentworth, Kass, Abi-Maria, Tasha, Monica, Shirin

• Love 1

So could someone give the final lineup for next season?

Women: Kelly Wiglesworth, Kimmi, Peih-Gee, Monica, Abi-Maria, Ciera, Tasha, Kass, Kelley Wentworth, Shirin

Men: Jeff, Andrew, Terry, Stephen, Vytas, Spencer, Woo, Jeremy, Keith, Joe

https://instagram.com/p/27LrXOPNi9/

Here's a photo from Tyler's instagram of the entire cast before the finale.  Since we only saw about, what, 5 of them during the reunion, it was nice to see everyone together again.  And look at the hair on Joaquin.

• Love 1

I don't know why everyone thinks Mike outwitted anyone when he pretty much had to rely on immunity wins to get to the end.  That's not outwitting or outplaying.  That's just kind of outlasting.

Well, he outlasted them because he outplayed them. Maybe he wasn't a master strategizer (arguments could be made either way), but he won 5 individual immunities in a row when he was a sure boot without immunity - not sure how that isn't outplaying. And to quote Meatloaf, two out of three ain't bad.

• Love 9

Mike deserved to win.  It's amazing to me Will even got a vote.  Well not so amazing because Rodney was in the jury.  That guy is a waste of life.  Sure some people love him.  Yet still a waste of life.  I think the dead fish analogy was incorrect for Will.  He was the place filler.  He was the safest person in that whole game because he did nothing, he was lazy, he was an asshole.  It's not surprising the other asshole voted for him.  Low class loves low class.  I'm sick of all the 2nd chances people get on Survivor.  Every or everyother season is second or third chances for people that don't deserve it.  I wish there was a way to prevent CBS and Probst from giving everyone chance after chance.  There are hundreds of thousands of people that want to be on and will never have that chance because CBS can't help itself.

The worst of all the 2nd chances over the years has to be Colton.  That guy should be dead and buried and doing some good for a flower bed somewhere.  CBS couldn't resist by putting him on for a 2nd time.  I wish I could punch Probst in the face.

• Love 1

Those that didn't make it:

Men: Jim Rice, Max (yay), Shane (too bad, I wanted the crazy), Culpepper and Troyzan. And Mike, who was Top 10 but ineligible.

Women: Teresa, Sabrina, Stephanie, Natalie, Carolyn (yay), Mikayla

So glad Max didn't make it. Jeff was talking to Shirin and Joe and Max is there going all "what about me"???? What about you, Max? America seems to hate you. Haha

• Love 3
(edited)

Men: Jeff Varner, Terry, Andrew, Woo, Spencer, Jeremy, Keith, Vytas, Joe, Stephen Fishbach

Women: Kelly Wigglesworth, Kimmi, Peih Gee, Ciera, Kelly Wentworth, Kass, Abi-Maria, Tasha, Monica, Shirin

Women: Kelly Wiglesworth, Kimmi, Peih-Gee, Monica, Abi-Maria, Ciera, Tasha, Kass, Kelley Wentworth, Shirin

Men: Jeff, Andrew, Terry, Stephen, Vytas, Spencer, Woo, Jeremy, Keith, Joe

Glad Kelley got on, since I really do think that being tied to Dale screwed her last season.  As for the other women . . . well, this is pretty decent.  I haven't seen Borneo or Australian Outback, so I have no opinion on Kelly or Kimmi, but I'm okay with the rest.  Peih-Gee got screwed by a weaker tribe in challenges, so I hope she can get on a better tribe this time around.  Monica . . . I hope she does better in a season where she might get more screentime now that camera hog Russell won't be there.  I hope Abi's more pleasant.  I hope Kass has learned not to put emotion over strategy.  Shirin can be around more fans now and not be super awkward.  Ciera won't have her mom to worry about, though I think she'll go early since she was one of the challenge liabilities on her tribe last time, but survived due to the alpha-male posturing on her pre-swap tribe and being the only woman on her post-swap tribe among many burly men.  And Tasha?  Absolute favorite in Cagayan.  Screwed to the max by Kass.  Glad she's coming back.

For the men . . . eesh.  I'm not thrilled with most of these men.  Again, haven't seen Australian Outback, so no thoughts on Jeff, and as I haven't watched Pearl Islands yet (which is weird, as I've had it on my computer for years now!), I have also no thoughts on Andrew.  Terry, Vytas, and Woo each get an "ugh" from me.  I imagine one or more might go on an immunity run.  Stephen, I hope, has learned not to latch onto people too tightly.  Spencer I'm not surprised about.  Joe I'm not surprised about, either.  They both get raves from me, along with Jeremy.  If the Keith listed is last season's Keith, then I wonder if he'll be around as long this time?  His "stick to the plan" might have anyone wary of trusting him.

ETA: Sabrina didn't make it?!  Noooooooo!

Edited by Donny Ketchum

Mike deserved to win. It's amazing to me Will even got a vote. Well not so amazing because Rodney was in the jury. That guy is a waste of life. Sure some people love him. Yet still a waste of life. I think the dead fish analogy was incorrect for Will. He was the place filler. He was the safest person in that whole game because he did nothing, he was lazy, he was an asshole. It's not surprising the other asshole voted for him. Low class loves low class. I'm sick of all the 2nd chances people get on Survivor. Every or everyother season is second or third chances for people that don't deserve it. I wish there was a way to prevent CBS and Probst from giving everyone chance after chance. There are hundreds of thousands of people that want to be on and will never have that chance because CBS can't help itself.

The worst of all the 2nd chances over the years has to be Colton. That guy should be dead and buried and doing some good for a flower bed somewhere. CBS couldn't resist by putting him on for a 2nd time. I wish I could punch Probst in the face.

Well probst was pretty vocal that he didn't think Colton deserved a second chance. I don't blame that one on him.

• Love 6

So overall I think this has the highest combination of dumb and awful ever.  Usually awful is at least exciting and unpredictable because people have hair trigger emotions (Gabon, for example).  And dumb is boring but with a mostly likable cast isn't a terrible experience to watch (Redemption Island outside Phillip).  And then there's just plain boring (Nicaragua).  Closest we've come to more boring assholes is Thailand, but I think this beats it out for worst season ever.

• Love 4
(edited)

Well probst was pretty vocal that he didn't think Colton deserved a second chance. I don't blame that one on him.

I didn't realize that.  I thought Probst had final say over who and who didn't get on the show.  That first reunion with that waste of life on there and that dumbass from the big bang theory saying that she would like to see him return on the show.  That scalded me bad.  It showed me what kind of morals she had.  I guess I'll save my theoretical punch in the face for whom ever has the final say on casting decisions.

Edited by Cavington

I didn't realize that.  I thought Probst had final say over who and who didn't get on the show.  That first reunion with that waste of life on there and that dumbass from the big bang theory saying that she would like to see him return on the show.  That scalded me bad.  It showed me what kind of morals she had.  I guess I'll save my theoretical punch in the face for whom ever has the final say on casting decisions.

Probst also didn't want Jonny Fairplay back for FvsF, but he was overruled on that one, too.  I think Jiffy does have some say and is brought onboard for pitching ideas and look at prospective contestants, but apparently not as much say as I thought he did.

• Love 1

That sucked, I hate that Mike won.

I love how Rodney was outraged that Carolyn didn’t tell them she had the HII & she kept saying “you voted for me!”. He really didn’t get it, & then he voted out “Ciara” at tribal.

WTF Mike, if you want Caroline there, then convince either Will or Rodney to vote for the other one, don’t make her do a fire challenge. And what was up with Sierra’s stripper makeup at tribal?

STFU Shirin

(edited)

I wanted to punch Will when he supposedly apologized to Shirin, but couldn't resist saying she needed to forgive. It's not his place as the party in the wrong to say that! It's totally up to her whether she chooses to forgive after he gives a proper heartfelt apology. And it's none of his wife's business.

Dan is a major asshole. Glad he got his ass reamed. Jeff wouldn't have challenged him on his sexist comments nearly so much if Dan hadn't claimed the show did him wrong. The show cares about the show above all. Once Dan ragged on the producers, he was toast.

Glad Mike won -- Carolyn would have been OK, too. I guess it's a good outcome, considering who we had to work with. I like how Mike engineered a way to keep any other blue collars out of the finals. Suck on that, blues!

I didn't understand why Mike voted out Sierra instead of Rodney, when Will was saying Mike would be next to go, and they didn't show Will and Mike coming to any kind of agreement, unlike Sierra and Mike.

Still watching the second-chancer reveals. I'm glad a lot of old-timers made it in. I can't remember quite a few of them. Yay to Shirin making it in, and to Kelly Wigglesworth.

Interesting that Shirin uptalked Carolyn, and they were hugging -- considering how Carolyn hated her early on. Nice to see them getting along.

Edited by Andromeda
  • Love 5

That sucked, I hate that Mike won.

I love how Rodney was outraged that Carolyn didn’t tell them she had the HII & she kept saying “you voted for me!”. He really didn’t get it, & then he voted out “Ciara” at tribal.

WTF Mike, if you want Caroline there, then convince either Will or Rodney to vote for the other one, don’t make her do a fire challenge. And what was up with Sierra’s stripper makeup at tribal?

STFU Shirin

I see you like low class as well. 

It is my understanding that Mark Burnett has the final say on all casting decisions.

• Love 1
(edited)

Props to Jeff for plugging David Letterman's final show, classy of him. Dave pretty famously had no interest in Survivor, even when it was a national phenomenon, still Love Dave and Survivor though.

That was gracious -- and mandated by CBS. I got tired of Dave ragging on Survivor, even though I have been a fan. He's got an attitude about reality TV, and always acted like it was some strange weird thing he had no idea how to discuss. Because he refused to watch it. that turned me toward Kimmel instead -- Kimmel watches and loves it.

I love that the new cast came with their backpacks and were sent right to the bus. Now I have time to study up on all of them and remember who in the heck some of them are!

Edited by Andromeda
  • Love 4

I'm thrilled that Mike won if only because he forced Rodney to compete in one more challenge, seemingly just for the hell of it. Watching Rodney lose one last challenge was the perfect swan song.

• Love 12
(edited)

Since when did Probst's nickname change from Peachy to Jiffy?

I've called him Jiffy before, though I think I might be the only one.  I saw him called that before on another site, and for whatever reason, it always stuck with me.  Sometimes I type Jiffy and don't even realize I'm doing it lol

I didn't understand why they voted Sierra off over Carolyn.  Was Sierra that much more of a physical threat?  I didn't understand that, because that's what Mike seemed to imply.  And, quite honestly, I think she would have tanked her final TC.  I couldn't see the jury voting for her, when her game was basically riding coattails.

I wonder if the fire challenge was made to look worse than it was.  Maybe they were trying to create another Cook Islands moment.  Now that was horribly epic.  Those girls were having trouble with matches for crying out loud.  I loved the reaction shot of the jury, especially Joe.  He would have needed about 5 minutes, I'm thinking.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 4

I love that the new cast came with their backpacks and were sent right to the bus. Now I have time to study up on all of them and remember who in the heck some of them are!

Wait.  They were sent straight out?  They're heading out tonight?!

STFU Shirin

Unbelievable.  Ozzy, Malcolm, Spencer were prime targets who went on immunity runs but couldn't break through to the final three, but raspy-voice Mike did it.  Of course it helped that he was up against a bunch of useless idiots.  To me it looked like in that maze challenge they were walking around like zombies, not even trying to feel their way around it.

I seriously hope that Shirin will be the first one voted out next season because I don't think I can take her crappy psychological issues being regurgitated over and over again.  She might be Survivor-savvy but she really doesn't know when to shut up.

• Love 5

Yep.  I had to go look for the exact details, but they were supposedly getting on a plane tonight and heading out.

• Love 1
(edited)

That's what Jeffy said. And they all had backpacks. He said they were headed straight for the bus that would take them to Cambodia (that will be a cool location). I can't think of any other reason they'd each have a backpack with them -- it's not the usual luggage for a city trip. If that's the case (and I think it is), in one way I don't like it, because they'll probably have their alliances set before they even get to Cambodia. Were probably forming early versions in the green room!

LOL at Jeff saying at the very end, “Thank you for your loyalty even when you don’t like everybody.” Looks like message received.

Just have to remark on Dan’s jury faces. So over the top. What a dweeb. Does he have even an inkling of how awful he comes across?

Edited by Andromeda
  • Love 5

Watching them go to get on the bus, I wondered if they would wear  the same clothes  in Cambodia.  Shirin was wearing an ankle-length tube skirt, which I don't think would be helpful for challenges.  Or do they give them clothes (colour-coordinated) once there?

...Missed the opening statements and closing pleas to the jury.   

• Love 5

Oh no they didn't with the birthday cake for the little boy who whined about not having a good birthday. Boo!

Sucky apology Will.

Yeah, but it was clearly a baby's b-day cake and hat, which fit Rodney perfectly!!

• Love 11