Type keyword(s) to search

S30.E12: Holding On For Dear Life

• Start Topic

I actually felt for Rodney.  I loved that Jeff rubbed it in that Rodney has yet to win a RC, but I did sort of feel bad for him.  Although Mike especially doesn't owe Rodney a damn thing.  Dan's team for the RC was a disaster.  I loved Jeff's angry side coming out.  Why do I think some of them were more interested in the food than delivering supplies to under privileged kids?  

The RC is exactly why I hate Mike.  Kudos to them winning, but seriously dude, the girls are capable.  You wouldn't have been doing yourself any favors if you lost because you were stubborn.

• Love 1

I didn't feel bad for Rodney at all! He said he wasn't going to ask for anything or plead his case, but then he wouldn't shut up about his stupid birthday. Hard to believe it was his 30th because he was acting like it was his 10th.

Well my moment of sympathy didn't last lol after his tirade back at camp.  I agreed with Dan of all people!  That's scary.  Please tell me Mike isn't that stupid.  We're seeing a lot of the invisibles tonight, I have a feeling a blindside is coming but not who Rodney expects.  Also, I gave up caring about birthdays when I was in my teens.

• Love 6
(edited)

Also, didn't Rodney say the "all bets are off" after Joaquin got voted off?  And he hasn't done much.  No one does anything to cause chaos out there.  Even the blow up over the Dan votes was disappointing.  Hmm, maybe we're starting to see some of that Carolyn game play we heard about.  Took long enough to get interesting.  What's with all the endurance challenges this season?

Rodney is going for a Razzie award with this performance.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 10

I don't like Carolyn, either, but she deserves credit for that.  She holds her own really well against a much younger field.  No surprise Will and Dan were the first to fall.  Seriously, what is it with the endurance challenges this season?  Way too many.  That was like watching paint dry.

• Love 9

Fuck Rodney,  Little crybaby..  Boo hoo, I should win Survivor because it's my biiiirthdaay. Sob, cry, sob.

Meanwhile, continue to kick ass, Carolyn.  I think she is an accomplished yoga practicioner. Like Parvati, who won this same challenge?  Yogi women do well on this show.

• Love 14

We know the editing has purposely created more excitement than exists.  Nice touch, editors but not that much fun.  So I cautiously am hoping Dan is out but since it looks like that, probably not.  My guess is Tyler. 

• Love 2

While I feel that Jeff was a devious instigator after the RC, I came up with a way that you could not miss out on a reward challenge on your birthday...

Don't lose the frickin' challenge. Problem solved!

• Love 19

So Tyler probably foreshadows what will be Carolyn's demise: Dan's advantage.  She would have been an idiot to play her idol for him.  Carolyn's game playing edit steps up tonight.  So now with Tyler gone, going with her or Mike for the win, if Dan doesn't screw it up.

Wonder if Jeff was trying to rub it in that some of them are there solely to be dragged to the end because they can't win.  Uninspiring TC, I wanted fireworks darn it!  Also, down to just Mike that I'm rooting for.

• Love 11

Good Scrambling after tribal.  Mike really shook up the happy family.  

Rodney you are such a damn cry-baby.  It's Survivor.  Suck it up.  Nobody cares that it's your damn birthday!  

Maybe if you remembered the balls you might have pulled it off.  Jeff even cut you a break.  I thought all 3 should have had to go back through that thing.

Nice plate of food!!   Mama C too crafty for her own good?  Time will tell. Impressive immunity win.  She's a tough cookie.  The reward winners hung on the longest.

Rodney's brilliant plot?  Sniffed out in 3 seconds.   "I may talk slow, but I don't think slow"  LOL

Good machinations heading to tribal   

Wow!  Surprised Tyler got whacked.  I guess they think Dan  is a good goat.

What was Tony's Special Powers Idol?  I can't remember it at all.

• Love 6
(edited)

Wow, I'm shocked Carolyn voted for Tyler, that she's smart enough to know he'd beat her in the finals.

I'm happy one threat is gone but I wish Mike had won immunity. Of course with Carolyn being an immunity monster she's putting a target on herself.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 3

I'm not a fan of Carolyn, but damn she's impressive at the immunity challenges.

A woman with wiry frame has won this challenge every single time. No one else really had a chance.

• Love 6
(edited)

What was Tony's Special Powers Idol?  I can't remember it at all.

IIRC, Tony could use that idol after the votes had been read, similar to how the HII was from Guatemala through Cook Islands.

Why does Sierra kind of suck at immunity challenges? I'm pleasantly surprised that she wasn't even on the chopping block tonight, however, as I thought she would be the most disposable of her six-person alliance.

Edited by jsm1125
  • Love 2
(edited)

Going to throw my votes in now for next season!  Thought it would be a bigger announcement than it was.  I wonder if Probst secretly hates this season and just hyped it up because he gets a hefty paycheck for it.

Heh, funny that the males page loads but the female page doesn't.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2
(edited)

Ugh, will I ever get rid of Dan? I mean I get it, because clearly many saw Tyler as a threat while Dan is so obviously on his way to Goat city and the best part is he is virtually ignorant to that fact. But man I wished he was gone this week. Hell I'd take him and Rodney going away. Speaking of Rodney, I loved how everyone saw the stupidity in his lame "I'll pretend I want to leave and Mike won't play his idol."

Everyone else was smart enough to realize Mike would not be that stupid and I loved Mike seeing through the pathetic plan in seconds.  Rodney is such a tool and once again, I hope he never wins a Reward so he can continue to be bitter everytime he loses another one. 

Right now, if I have to guess I'd say Carolyn is going to win. She's really in an awesome position. She's strong in challenges, still has an idol that no one but Tyler, who is gone, knows about. She didn't really make any major moves but was always part of the majority so she could argue she helped steer some moves and it seems like many left in the game genuinely like her. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 6
(edited)

Oh, Linda Holmes' (Miss Alli's) recaps on TWOP.  The good ole days.  Can anyone possibly link her recap to Pearl Islands and Rupert:  BUT IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!

Edited by susannot
  • Love 9

Ugh.  Dan's still there.  Will's still there.  Rodney's still there and throwing a pity party for himself.  Not a good episode overall.

I did like that Mike saw through the plan to make him feel "safe".  Mike's glee over making the rest of the idiots uncomfortable is about the only thing that saved this episode from being a total waste.

On a purely shallow note, Sierra's got great legs.  

• Love 3

IIRC, Tony could use that idol after the votes had been read, similar to how the HII was from Guatemala through Cook Islands.

Why does Sierra kind of suck at immunity challenges? I'm pleasantly surprised that she wasn't even on the chopping block tonight, however, as I thought she would be the most disposable of her six-person alliance.

Count me in as being surprised that Sierra's name is never even entertained as being voted off.  She hasn't done much strategically that we've seen, and she's not a challenge threat, but she is likable.  She could be a wild card to win, despite lack of strategic play.  Though the way the editing is this season maybe Sierra is some devious mastermind that everyone hates and they're just hiding it really well.

• Love 3

My understanding is that either Mike or Carolyn could have won and been on the list as a decoy so as to not spoil the rest of this season.  So, at best we know that one of them doesn't win.  At worst, neither wins and both are eligible for next season.

• Love 10
(edited)

So is mike so maybe that means he doesn't win either!

The way it is working is that if Mike or Carolyn win, and if they are selected to return for S31, the votes will be negated and the next person with the highest number of votes takes their place.

Hasn't next season already been filmed?  WTF Jeff?

That season, with all new players, has been filmed I believe, but is in turn getting bumped to the spring so they can do the AS season in the fall.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2

How old is Rodney? Hard to believe he's over 7 the way he whined and boobed about his stupid birthday. I, too, hope he never wins a reward of any kind.

What up with Sierra's eyebrows? They go from being bleached out to dark dark. It's obvious when they are dark that she's used an eyebrow pencil on them. Why does she have makeup out there with her? Same for Caroline. She looks like she's got a bluish eyeliner and lipstick on. And what's up with all of her big earrings? No way would I wear her big hoops or her big (hopefully faux) diamonds with all the swimming/very physical competitions. I always think back to Sugar's season (I think it was) where they drug each other across a sand pit and most people ended up with carpet burn-type areas all over. I can only think how easily those earrings could get ripped out in that type of challenge.

I'm hoping for Mike to outstay the other numbnuts there.

• Love 9

Going to throw my votes in now for next season!  Thought it would be a bigger announcement than it was.  I wonder if Probst secretly hates this season and just hyped it up because he gets a hefty paycheck for it.

If you don't want to spoil this season, don't go cast votes for next season.

Rodney was a little birch about his birthday. I figure that editing had a lot to do with that bitchfest, but Rodney helped out a lot.

Dan is going to the end as the goat.

• Love 4

Going to throw my votes in now for next season! Thought it would be a bigger announcement than it was. I wonder if Probst secretly hates this season and just hyped it up because he gets a hefty paycheck for it.

Is there anyone worth voting for on the list? I'm lazy to create a CBS login/password because I think there won't be.

• Love 1

Kind of fitting that the episode which revolves around giving back to kids with nothing we see Rodney sulking and throwing a hissy fit about not getting to go on the reward and having a miserable birthday.  

• Love 24
Maybe if you remembered the balls you might have pulled it off.  Jeff even cut you a break.  I thought all 3 should have had to go back through that thing.

Or at the very least, that Rodney should have had to carry the balls with him as he crawled through the net the second time.  I was bummed when he got away with tossing them to Tyler.

• Love 7

Rodney is such a tool and once again, I hope he never wins a Reward so he can continue to be bitter everytime he loses another one.

Hee hee!

Finally something to look forward to in this awful, awful season.

• Love 12

I wonder if Mike knew Sierra and Carolyn were voting Tyler? It would be interesting if they have formed an alliance. The most interesting thing about this ep was the preview because they may have given something away. I'm heading to that thread to talk about it.

• Love 1
(edited)

Is there anyone worth voting for on the list? I'm lazy to create a CBS login/password because I think there won't be.

I mainly wanted to throw my votes to the old school Survivors.  Some of the ones I voted for I figured were locks from more recent seasons.  On the male side, it's weak to the point that I voted for Mike, Woo, and Keith.

I wonder if Mike knew Sierra and Carolyn were voting Tyler? It would be interesting if they have formed an alliance. The most interesting thing about this ep was the preview because they may have given something away. I'm heading to that thread to talk about it.

He said something about a 4-3 split and knew 4 votes were for him.  So I figured he knew the other votes would be for Tyler.  I have a feeling more was shown in the making of a new alliance with Carolyn and Sierra than we were shown.  Also, was Rodney's attempt at faking out Mike the weakest fake out attempt ever?  Also, what will happen when Tyler finds out Carolyn was one of the votes against him?  Not that it mattered since he was going anyway.  But did he do anything to stay in and fight?  What is with this season?

I question what happened to Tyler voting for Dan, but maybe he assumed Carolyn would give him her idol.  Glad she didn't, but I'm back to thinking she possibly will get blindsided with it (either that or she's going all the way).

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1

I guess I'm just cranky, because by the end of the hour I was over Shirin's annoying TC faces, Mike's annoying voice and winning and inability to allow anyone else to do anything, Carolyn's SUPER annoying voice and her what I imagine she feels are her adorable head tilts and proclamations but which make me want to invent time travel just to give her a muzzle.

Also, her side braid and Mama C, it's an annoying nickname, just use her name for cod's sack.

Also also, Tyler was my only hope for an enjoyable winner. Balls.

• Love 6

If one of this seasons players listed wins they will not play in All Stars. The next vote getter will take that spot. So there is a contingency plan if the winner is listed.

• Love 1

Oh if the editing was to be believed Tyler fell right after Mike but I wonder if he had more time if he would have asked Carolyn to give up and if she would have done it.

Sierra has tatooed eyebrows, and her blonde real ones are growing out.

If they are tattoos, it doesn't make sense that they are bleach-blonde in some shots, then dark brown/black with sharp defining lines in other shots...Two weeks ago they were non-existent due to being so bleached out, then this week they are bold and trying to jump out of my tv. Guess I just don't understand why hers change colors so often during this season. Moving along now.

• Love 2

Ack with this episode. I was so hoping for some excitement and came away empty handed - much like Roidney on his birthday.

I feel like on other seasons, Carolyn's betrayal of Tyler would have been dramatic or, at least, would have made me go hmmmm. These people are all such mercenaries that I feel like I'm watching professional sports (minor league, of course).

I enjoy this show because I appreciate the "reality" element and the unpredictability of human nature. It is a big surprise to me to realize how much I valued the human interactions. In that area the only interactions we've seen in this season are of such an ugly nature it just isn't engaging.

No unlikely bonds this season and no real "characters". The few exciting tribals haven't made up for what a truly boring and torturous season this has been.

• Love 7