Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E04: The Art Of Being A Cougar

• Start Topic

Well that's my point. John should dump Dorito in a New York minute. Much like the Baby Chef he seems to be around because he is a fame whore who likes the camera. He just has to realize that Satan Andy loves to screw with macho guys be they Italian, Armenian or Black. Doesn't mean that he doesn't do douchey things but it does mean that the good or kind things you might do will never show up on the show.

Dorito seems like bad news to me. He can do a lot better with a lot less nonsense. He just won't be on TV.

• Love 5

LuAnn accusing Carole of being fake and trying to "hide an inappropriate fling" is motherfucking rich. Someone needs to remind the countless of her booty time in St. Barth's, because it seems she's blacked it out.

One should know...

Having a fling with a Johnny Depp-lookalike pirate while your live-in boyfriend is sitting at home ranks far higher on the Inappropriate Scale than a single gal dating your private chef.   

Or maybe that's just me. 

• Love 19

OK, so I rewatched a few scenes while doing some work. I finally realized why I was bothered by Heather first bringing up the party to Kristen and then telling Bethenny that Kristen was upset about not getting an invite. It seemed hypocritical more than anything else. 

Don't get me wrong, I do really like Heather. But,this is the same woman who invited everyone except Ramona on her trip to Europe in her first season and absolutely refused to back down on that decision. I mean that was essentially a cast trip where she intentionally left out a prominent member of the cast. But, somehow Kristen not getting invited to a birthday party of a coworker she barely knows is an issue? 

I like how ride or die she was when it came to defending Carole's work against Aviva. But, I think she really does need to dial back the Captain Save a Hoe routine when it comes to such small and petty stuff. That's especially true if, as I suspect, the whole who got invited versus who didn't was set up by production anyway. 

That said, I still wish Bethenny hadn't been so harsh in her response - I understood the finding the conversation ridiculous, but she could have been polite about it. 

• Love 7

OK, so I rewatched a few scenes while doing some work. I finally realized why I was bothered by Heather first bringing up the party to Kristen and then telling Bethenny that Kristen was upset about not getting an invite. It seemed hypocritical more than anything else. 

Don't get me wrong, I do really like Heather. But,this is the same woman who invited everyone except Ramona on her trip to Europe in her first season and absolutely refused to back down on that decision. I mean that was essentially a cast trip where she intentionally left out a prominent member of the cast. But, somehow Kristen not getting invited to a birthday party of a coworker she barely knows is an issue? 

I like how ride or die she was when it came to defending Carole's work against Aviva. But, I think she really does need to dial back the Captain Save a Hoe routine when it comes to such small and petty stuff. That's especially true if, as I suspect, the whole who got invited versus who didn't was set up by production anyway. 

That said, I still wish Bethenny hadn't been so harsh in her response - I understood the finding the conversation ridiculous, but she could have been polite about it. 

Actually, that trip, Heather's, was a business trip and Ramona/Heather were not getting along, Ramona did not like Heather at that point! LOL Right now, there is no beef between Bethenny and Kirsten, none, so the non invites are very different. Also, Heather listened to the other women, LuAnn/Sonja, express their opinions about Ramona not being asked on that trip without getting rude, pretending to sleep or with a bad attitude like Bethenny did her. LOL

• Love 9

Hannah seems like a spoiled brat.  Don't like her bushy eyebrows and I hate it when blondes have dark eyebrows.  If you're going to go blonde, shouldn't you lighten your eyebrows just a little bit.  It doesn't need to match, but the severe contrast just looks awful IMO.

I have enjoyed Dorinda in the previous episodes, but it seems like she has a short fuse.  She got pissed off at John really fast in that restaurant.  I understand that her daughter comes first, but I understand John's point about why her daughter gets a say in who she goes into business with.  Does Hannah have a business degree or something?  Also, at the girls dinner, she was giving examples of the way her daughter talks to her (with all the cursing).  You let your daughter speak to you like that?  Shame on you as a parent.  No wonder she's a spoiled brat.  And of course she doesn't like John, she wants all your attention on her.

I don't think Carole's that attractive and I'm not sure how old she is in comparison to LuAnn, Sonja or Ramona, but those three look way better than her IMO.  I can see LuAnn being a little miffed that Carole is dating a family friend/her niece's ex and didn't give her a heads up, but she's going way overboard with it I think.  Its not that serious.

I think Heather shouldn't have asked Bethanny why Kristen wasn't invited.  If Kristen was that hurt about it she can ask Bethanny herself.  However, Bethanny was really Bitchy.  She should've just stated that "If Kristen had a problem with me not inviting her she can speak to me directly, it doesn't involve you Heather."

• Love 5

John should dump Dorito in a New York minute. Much like the Baby Chef he seems to be around because he is a fame whore who likes the camera.

They've been dating for 2-1/2 years, so he's not just there for the cameras. However, that dinner scene was awkward as hell. She was really rude to him!

• Love 7

I wonder if Dorinda's daughter Hannah is the real-life inspiration for the character Hannah on "Girls."  I see some parallels...

If you can pay someone to haul your panties around NYC, you can pay someone to teach you manners.

Maybe this could be the Countess's next song!

• Love 5

I liked LuAnn better as a Friend Of than as a Housewife. I will never forget her treatment of Alex and for siding with Jill against Bethany in that Awful Season. This season she is back to her snide comments. She is very beautiful on the outside; I wish she would be more so in her behavior.

• Love 7
(edited)

Ok, I will be the one to defend Hannah.  Prepare the rotten tomatoes!

I just don't think she is that bad.  I seriously don't.  She's a little spoiled, maybe, but I don't blame her for that.  That's Dorinda's doing.  And I don't even blame Dorinda all that much for it.  She divorced Hannah's father when she was young, and then Hannah's stepfather died which was apparently devastating for her.  So her Mom spoiled her a little to sooth her.  It happens.  I'd be much more concerned if the loss of the men in her life resulted in Hannah turning to drugs or multiple partners to fill the void, which it doesn't look like has happened  (I realize we haven't seen all that much of Hannah and I am generalizing about children of divorce and/or lost a parent to death, but I can only go by what I have seen so far and what I've personally seen occur with other kids in her position).   I think the Fendi handbag discussion was more for the camera than anything else (and Hannah does seem to be terribly camera - and self conscious, thus the makeup).  I am more concerned about the Giudice girls with their screaming and demanding things than with Hannah's coveting her mom's rejected Fendi bag.  That is where all the suggestion Hannah is spoiled is coming from, right?  Because I can't think of any more examples of that kind of stuff.  I might have missed something.

Maybe it is because she is not in school right now?  Eh, not willing to write her off for that just yet.  Maybe college just isn't for her.  It's not for everybody. I don't know what else she does with her time, but at this stage I don't think it's justified to make her out to be some kind of shiftless loser.  She's still very young and there are a lot of things about her we don't know.  

About the way she talks to her mom ... sorry, but it just doesn't bother me.  She is opinionated, maybe even mouthy.  But it all seems in good fun for the most part. She is not being cruel or really insulting to her mother.  She is teasing her.  I realize not everyone out there thinks a kid should speak like an equal to her parents, but Dorinda doesn't seem at all bothered by it, and it is their relationship.  I have a daughter close to the same age, and she teases me all the time.  It's not mean or hurtful.  It's just our sense of humor.  I don't see anything wrong with it.  Now I could have done without the Fudgie the Fat Whale comments, and would not have let that slide if I was Dorinda.  But again, I think that it was Hannah's self-consciousness at work: she's trying too hard, too camera-conscious ... she is so stilted in fact, sometimes I wonder if the real girl is that similar to the one we are seeing on camera at all.  That's another reason I am willing to cut her some slack.

Now about Hannah not liking John and Hannah not wanting him around and not wanting her mom to go into any kind of business with him ... I say HOORAY for Hannah sticking her nose into her mom's business!  Dorinda and John fight like two cats in a fucking bag and no way would I want my mother getting in any deeper with that guy, especially not where her pocketbook is concerned.  Hell, the fact that Dorinda is even with this guy whom she clearly can't stand tells me she is probably better off with Hannah sticking her nose in.  I can imagine what she has probably seen and heard.  If Hannah is all that has kept Dorinda from getting into business with John, she deserves that Fendi bag as a reward in my opinion!  

But seriously, Dorinda is totally capable of doing what she wants with both her finances and with her personal life if she so chooses.  She is no delicate dew drop who is under the control of her daughter.  The fact that she hasn't moved ahead with John tells me her heart may not as into this whole thing with John as it could be.  She may even be using Hannah as a bit of an excuse to keep things at a bit of an arm's length in some respects.  None of this is Hannah's fault.  

All that being said, someone should really hide that girl's makeup bag.  Or at least teach her how to properly conceal a blemish.  All I can look at when she is on screen is that dark blotch of makeup she is using to cover up some kind of zit on her forehead.  Honestly I would rather look at the zit! 

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 4

New York Post  Richard Johnson Page Six May 1, 2015

Police and animal control were rushed to an Upper East Side Dry Cleaners today when there was a strange case of an animal attack. Owner John Mahdessian of Madame Paulettees was attacked by a small venomous insect that had crawled across the floor and somehow attacked itself to his face. Fearing that it was poisonous the portly proprietor of Paulettees called 911 who dispatched emergency services, paramedics and animal control.

On closer inspection it was determined that the attacker was in fact a pair of eyebrows and not a venomous caterpillar. This story is still developing and Page Six will be there to get you all the facts.

Fuzzy_black_caterpillar_by_Elleiancole.j

• Love 16
I think [bethenny's] really over the top reaction may have come from resenting being set up to look bad by not inviting certain people when that is what producers told her to do, and then having production tell Heather to confront her about it on camera,  It would certainly piss me off.

My issue with that is that it's her job, but she's apparently "so over it." If she didn't want to do it, then she shouldn't have signed up.

Even if we are right, it is still a shame Bethenny played into their hands with her ridiculous behavior.  She made herself look bad and gave them just what they wanted.

Also, instead of shutting it down, Bethenny's rude reaction might have ensured that now the storyline might continue!

• Love 7

Actually, that trip, Heather's, was a business trip and Ramona/Heather were not getting along, Ramona did not like Heather at that point! LOL Right now, there is no beef between Bethenny and Kirsten, none, so the non invites are very different. Also, Heather listened to the other women, LuAnn/Sonja, express their opinions about Ramona not being asked on that trip without getting rude, pretending to sleep or with a bad attitude like Bethenny did her. LOL

But, I believe that trip was also paid for by production in the same way that Bethenny's party was paid for by production. It was to showcase Heather's business, no question. But, it's not like she was going to have Ramona traipsing along with her to a business meeting. I wouldn't have invited Ramona either. But, I am saying that she really should have let Kristen address Bethenny about the party because now the next interaction between Bethenny and Kristen is going to be awkward when it really shouldn't be over something so petty. 

As much as I like Heather, I just don't think she was owed an explanation for why Kristen wasn't invited and I really wish she had just stayed out of it. 

Doesn't excuse Bethenny's behavior, but I do think they were both wrong in that scene. Bethenny was definitely more wrong, but it really wasn't a good look for Heather to  bring it up in the first place, IMO. And I think that it is a bit hypocritical of Heather to even question who gets an invite considering how strongly she felt about who she invited on a trip that she knew was going to be extensively filmed. 

I am finding this season to be almost unwatchable. It's sad as I'm actually liking Ramona for the first time ever. Carole is...I don't know what. I once liked her but she seems to be reliving her tween years. It's nauseating.  Sonja may be continuing her long, long breakdown as she seems more out of control than ever. I really liked her the first season she was on, as well. Then she flipped out. I liked Heather with her kid and felt for her with her son. Now, she's trying too hard. Kristin is invisible. Luann still is Luann. I kind of like Dorinda but the daughter is a nightmare. 

But Bethenny....OMG. I just can't. I never liked her much but she's become a pretentious bitch who is way too into herself. And she was always that. But, now, she's insufferable. I totally agree with the caller on WWHL. She's become hideous and I now FF through her but she's everywhere. Please, Show, make her go away. She's like an angry Energizer Bunny who just wants to be told how fabulous she is and whine about her lot in life and then cut people to the core who aren't as "good" as her. I think she's not helping herself at all. In fact, I think she's hurting the brand she's so proud of building. It shouldn't be Skinny Girl but Skinny, Nasty Bitch. She's awful and I'm starting to hate her.

Ick. Loved the look on Andy's face when he had to listen to the caller tell him how she was horrible. He looked like he wanted to throw up. LOL. Truth hurts, Buddy.

• Love 11

In Carole and Adam's case, I don't think he cares about the connection at all.  It's kind of negligible at this point anyway,  imo. 

Taylor doesn't 'need' a Kennedy connection but I think she wanted it, bad.  For a while, she appeared to be trying to recreate Camelot.  Dressing all Jackie-O-ish. Google image Taylor Swift and Jackie O.  It's hilarious.  She even bought a house right across the road from the Kennedy compound - nothing like trying to recreate the lifestyle.

The Kennedys have to know the mystique is waning and probably would've loved to have Taylor as a member of the family to bring a little luster back.  I think if that boy had been older than 17, the idea would have been embraced by many.

article-2187795-148AEE1C000005DC-253_634

Yup yup.  Swiftie was definitely dating him because of who he is.  Not for his exceptional conversational skills.  She was gushing all over about the Kennedy's and history and how interesting it was.  Of course Taylor was the bigger name and the celeb in the relationship.  Doesn't change that she was a fangirl of the Kennedy's.

I'm seeing both Dorito & John treating each other like crap.  Not sure why he'd be sticking around her.  She treats him like shit & her daughter is a major PITA.  Hey, I think he should dump her just cuz of that annoying fuckin' daughter & those eye-blinding hideous brows.  And btw, this may seem hard to believe, but John is a catch, and I bet a lot of women would find him attractive.

I wonder if Dorinda thought she'd be coming across as assertive and in demand and not aggressive and demanding.  It's really not a good look.  It's like she wants to put him on notice on camera.  Is she worried that he's screwing around?  Or is she annoyed that she never gets to eat her own meals?

• Love 5

I liked LuAnn better as a Friend Of than as a Housewife. I will never forget her treatment of Alex and for siding with Jill against Bethany in that Awful Season. This season she is back to her snide comments. She is very beautiful on the outside; I wish she would be more so in her behavior.

I posted last season that I didn't think LuAnn changed at all, we just saw less of her. Same snake.

• Love 10

But, I believe that trip was also paid for by production in the same way that Bethenny's party was paid for by production. It was to showcase Heather's business, no question. But, it's not like she was going to have Ramona traipsing along with her to a business meeting. I wouldn't have invited Ramona either. But, I am saying that she really should have let Kristen address Bethenny about the party because now the next interaction between Bethenny and Kristen is going to be awkward when it really shouldn't be over something so petty. 

As much as I like Heather, I just don't think she was owed an explanation for why Kristen wasn't invited and I really wish she had just stayed out of it. 

Doesn't excuse Bethenny's behavior, but I do think they were both wrong in that scene. Bethenny was definitely more wrong, but it really wasn't a good look for Heather to  bring it up in the first place, IMO. And I think that it is a bit hypocritical of Heather to even question who gets an invite considering how strongly she felt about who she invited on a trip that she knew was going to be extensively filmed. 

I understand what you are saying except that Heather did introduce the HWs to some of the business people she was meeting on the trip and Heather/Ramona were not getting along at that point. Ramona had already told Heather she did not like her! LOL  Bethenny had no problem/issues with Kirsten at all at this point during filming, they got along when they met. Both LuAnn/Sonja spoke to Heather about not inviting Ramona, she listened, then explained herself, all without getting nasty. She remained firm in her decision but was always polite to those that questioned her about not inviting Ramona, big difference between her response and Bethenny's response.

Now, if you believe that all the invites/non invites were done by production, then Bethenny knows from years of experience that someone will question her about it on camera so there was no need to get nasty with Heather like she did. IMO, she was OTT in her reaction and even she, in her blog, acknowledges that. I give Bethenny credit for seeing that her behavior was ridiculous. LOL

• Love 7
My issue with that is that it's (Bethenny's) job, but she's apparently "so over it." If she didn't want to do it, then she shouldn't have signed up.

Agreed.  Bethenny used to be able to handle the Bravo-generated drama a lot better than she seems to be able to handle it now.  Maybe having her own spinoff, a talk show, and a gazillion dollar liquor deal has convinced her she is too good for this crapfest.  Her incredibly acrimonious divorce and all the hours she puts in with SkinnyGirl is no doubt a huge physical and spiritual energy drain.  Makes you wonder why she would return to this show.  

I guess she just can't stay off TV.  Between loving the attention and believing the exposure is good for her brand, it must have been hard to resist returning.  She probably thought as an experienced veteran she'd be able to wrangle the beast called Bravo. Maybe Andy Cohen led her to believe it would be a cakewalk played to her tune.   LOL I just can't get over the way Heather looked at her during the party discussion.  She was looking at Beth like, "that wasn't in the script! You are supposed to play along."  Or maybe she just thought Bethenny was a crazybitch.  Probably both. 

• Love 11

All I can look at when she is on screen is that dark blotch of makeup she is using to cover up some kind of zit on her forehead.  Honestly I would rather look at the zit!

Thank you Celia, I thought I was the only one watching the tumor on Hannah's forehead audition for it's own show. I'm ashamed to point out someone else's flaw since I have one or two of my own but holy hell girl, get yourself to a dermatologist. Or a surgeon.

I hate everyone on this show, there I said it and nobody can argue with me about it because I'm pretty much right, they all rotate awfulness in their turn. I might like Ramona's dog.

And I also now can never call Dorito by her real name.

• Love 5

Carole and Adam don't bother me. She has a young free-spirit thing going on, and I buy that he's legitimately into her. Now Sonja and Mr. Germany on the other hand...I nearly fell off my couch when she kissed him. He's totally a gigolo, right? The problem is I don't see how she has the money to pay him...then again, she manages to find the money for gold and platinum facials, so I presume this is treating Sonja money. Also a little disturbing for practical reasons was Ramona and her business partner flirting with each other. Either he set up this bar deal just to score a date...or he's just faking a deal just to get a date. Either way, bad move to start a business partnership and a romantic partnership at the exact same time--chances are near 0 that that will work out well both ways!

Highlight of the episode: Bethanny's jumpsuit. OMG. That was gorgeous! She totally could wear that when accepting a Golden Globe for "Skinny Girl: The Movie."

• Love 1

I don't think Ramona looks beyond appearance to want to date a man who looks like John. I'd love for her to prove me wrong and date a really nice man who wasn't as attractive as Mario. 

• Love 7

Someone ought to introduce John to Ramona.  I think she'd be a much better fit for him than Dorinda.

LOL, I think Sonja would go for John much faster, after all there was Harry and John has his own money as opposed to Harry begging his parents for more money! LOL

• Love 3

The invite thing.  Isn't this Bravo's go-to constanty?  Every series, there's at least one instance in which someone doesn't get invited, hurt feelings abound, and factions develop.  Who sides with who?  Kristin, whose air time is significantly reduced this time (but at least she's pretty) seemed only mildly annoyed or like it's in hr contract to act like she's annoyed and hurt and she's just not that great an actress. Heather who never seemed to give two shits about Kristin brings it up per Bravo script. 

On Dorinda, she strikes me as one of those women who loves to talk about how tough they are and then they immediately back down when called on their shit.  And I don't believe for one minute that she even really likes John.  She seems disgusted by his presence...unless she's talking about something she seems oddly fascinated by: Dry Cleaning.  If you are dating someone for 2 years and your daughter is 21, you don't sit there and bifurcate your life b/c your daughter comes first.  What you're really saying is "I don't think enough of you to give this an air of permanance."  Once she finds a better looking, single dry cleaning magnate she'll drop him faster than Woolite.

• Love 4

Yeah, she was seeing this guy all thru filming this season. So I think her not mentioning him at all is cagey.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/bethenny-frankel-splits-boyfriend-michael-cerussi-article-1.2160388

How could she run around crying about being homeless and the poor victim in her divorce if she flaunts her rich boyfriend around town. I think she's desperate to use her poor me storyline to try and win back some fans and ultimately sell some blenders. And having a boyfriend of any kind doesn't fit the persona she's trying to put out there now.

• Love 3
(edited)

She's like an angry Energizer Bunny who just wants to be told how fabulous she is and whine about her lot in life and then cut people to the core who aren't as "good" as her.

Haha LOVE! Agree totally. And I liked Bethanny so much that I went to her one-woman show.

Regarding her boyfriend's lack of appearance, he may not have wanted to be on tv or she may have wanted to keep her love life separate from the show.

Edited by Silo
  • Love 1

And since when has Satan Andy allowed anyone on his shows to keep their love lives off limits?  Guess special rules apply to B?  

Notice at her fake birthday party she mentioned EVERYONE's status of being married/attached/single & yet neglected (of course) to mention her own.  I still say her not mentioning that she has a boyfriend, is being not just misleading, but downright dishonest.  Who are you trying to fool, Bethenny?  You're full of crap.  You're as big a snake as Lu

• Love 4
(edited)

So Heather ends her blog with-

"P.S. I'd actually prefer my rap name to be H to the Tizzle. But appreciate the suggestion!"

Can anyone translate this, please?  Guess I'm just not hip enough to hang with Heather cuz I wouldn't know what the fuck she's saying.  It's OK cuz I'd tell her to piss off anyway for calling me mama so . . . 

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 5
(edited)

The invite thing. Isn't this Bravo's go-to constanty? Every series, there's at least one instance in which someone doesn't get invited, hurt feelings abound, and factions develop. Who sides with who? Kristin, whose air time is significantly reduced this time (but at least she's pretty) seemed only mildly annoyed or like it's in hr contract to act like she's annoyed and hurt and she's just not that great an actress. Heather who never seemed to give two shits about Kristin brings it up per Bravo script.

On Dorinda, she strikes me as one of those women who loves to talk about how tough they are and then they immediately back down when called on their shit. And I don't believe for one minute that she even really likes John. She seems disgusted by his presence...unless she's talking about something she seems oddly fascinated by: Dry Cleaning. If you are dating someone for 2 years and your daughter is 21, you don't sit there and bifurcate your life b/c your daughter comes first. What you're really saying is "I don't think enough of you to give this an air of permanance." Once she finds a better looking, single dry cleaning magnate she'll drop him faster than Woolite.

Yeah, the way she sneered, "go ahead keep eating." Dripped of disdain, lol. I hope they show less of Dorinda with John, I liked her a little, except in scenes with John.

I'm trying real hard to enjoy this season, I was excited about it. Now I'm meh.

Beth is horrid and it feels like the Beth show. I never watched her spinoff and I don't want to see all the women crowd around her to listen to her out dated quips. Or have Beth tell them she doesn't care about whatever they are talking about.

Lu and Heather are going to be on the outs, I enjoyed those two the best. Maybe the season will pick up. Or, Maybe I have hit the wall with housewives

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 6

How could she run around crying about being homeless and the poor victim in her divorce if she flaunts her rich boyfriend around town. I think she's desperate to use her poor me storyline to try and win back some fans

But Beth has been playing the pity me/poor me card since the first season; she had no parents, had to raise herself, she had to bite and scratch to build up her brand, had to put herself through school (though I've no idea who paid for that), her boyfriends don't understand her, she had to rely on the kindness of richer folks for her weekend in the Hamptons, her marriage went bust, she's in a horrible custody battle, her ex is a greedy bastard and on and on through forever.

That's her schick--she's a victim, dammit, feel sorry for her, see how hard her life is, feel her pain.

Okay, I give her full props for launching what became a lucrative business but, in fact, everyone's life is hard. And most of us don't have the high end problems of having the ex camped out in the multimilion $ condo/apartment while multimillion apartment #2 is being completely refurbished while we try to relax in the Hamptons in home #3. A lot of single parent women end up on public assistance or in temporary shelters or on someone's couch in in a friend's guest room.

Hard to go through am messy divorce? Yes, it is but a little perspective, please.

• Love 10

Hannah seems like a spoiled brat.  Don't like her bushy eyebrows and I hate it when blondes have dark eyebrows.  If you're going to go blonde, shouldn't you lighten your eyebrows just a little bit.  It doesn't need to match, but the severe contrast just looks awful IMO.

I have enjoyed Dorinda in the previous episodes, but it seems like she has a short fuse.  She got pissed off at John really fast in that restaurant.  I understand that her daughter comes first, but I understand John's point about why her daughter gets a say in who she goes into business with.  Does Hannah have a business degree or something?  Also, at the girls dinner, she was giving examples of the way her daughter talks to her (with all the cursing).  You let your daughter speak to you like that?  Shame on you as a parent.  No wonder she's a spoiled brat.  And of course she doesn't like John, she wants all your attention on her.

I don't think Carole's that attractive and I'm not sure how old she is in comparison to LuAnn, Sonja or Ramona, but those three look way better than her IMO.  I can see LuAnn being a little miffed that Carole is dating a family friend/her niece's ex and didn't give her a heads up, but she's going way overboard with it I think.  Its not that serious.

I think Heather shouldn't have asked Bethanny why Kristen wasn't invited.  If Kristen was that hurt about it she can ask Bethanny herself.  However, Bethanny was really Bitchy.  She should've just stated that "If Kristen had a problem with me not inviting her she can speak to me directly, it doesn't involve you Heather."

Bethenny "specializes" in bitchy, and I don't think Carol is the least bit attractive.

• Love 6

Yeah, she was seeing this guy all thru filming this season. So I think her not mentioning him at all is cagey.

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.2160388

I'm not ready to put that all on Bethenny.  Maybe she did mention him, but he did not want to be on camera, and he didn't fit with the storyline Bravo was going for, so they edited it out? 

On a related point, I also think it's weird how little these women talk about their kids -- not that having kids means that they can't have other interests, and I get that they wouldn't want to exclude Carole, but I have a young child and it comes up organically in conversation all the time.  Usually other people bring it up, asking how she is.  Plus a few of them have young children, so you'd think it could be a point of bonding... But who knows?  Maybe Bethenny and Kristin gabbed about diaper genies 'til the cows came home, but that never made it to air because that's, like, a Cindy Barshop level of dull. 

• Love 2
(edited)
I'm not ready to put that all on Bethenny.  Maybe she did mention him, but he did not want to be on camera, and he didn't fit with the storyline Bravo was going for, so they edited it out?

So Bethenny may have mentioned having a boyfriend, but it was edited out?  I don't believe that.  I put this all on Bethenny.  She is trying very hard NOT to mention him.  In fact, her whole freakin' storyline this season is based on her not having a boyfriend.  She's created a persona of her being, "poor little lonely me".  Eh, B is a big ole phony  baloney -- just like Lu.  "Honest" Bethenny doesn't exist.  It never did.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 7

Bethenny is a fake and has been since day one. Her tag line stuns me this year "I'm not a housewife, but I am real" ??????? To borrow a phrase from the 90's like she likes to do, the only real thing about her is her big mouth "keeping it real" in her rat a tat tat no filter calling out ball busting of others. Never inward. Never showing us her real self. no b f, no family, no roots, no house, no Brynn, just spinning her brand from her shrink wrapped Hamptons TV set staged for Skinnygirl, to her un birthday party so far. I despise her and she needs a good Kim Richards dose of child psychology. Fo REAL.

• Love 7
(edited)

Ok the thing about the birthday dinner: I got the impression that Beth didn't actually invite any of the new cast members. Luanne asked if she could extend the invitation to Carole and Heather and Beth said yes. At that point I agree Beth should have put two and two together and invited Kristen since she was the only one not coming, but I do think that she only actually invited Sonjia, Ramona, and Luanne. However, I can't stand it when Heather goes all den mother about this shit. She's always dictating when people should be hurt and how they should resolve it. And I am in the camp that is getting sick of the ever present "Hey Mama". She can have this way about her that's...condescending? I'm not sure that's the right word. Something like that.

Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 6

I've no idea and apologize if this had been addressed but is Bethenny's daughter banned from appearing by court order or is this simply a parental choice (by either or both parents)? Just curious and praise whoever made that decision.

Do people really throw themselves birthday parties? I personally don't know anyone who ever has. Even people we know with no family. I can almost imagine if I were single with no family, and no one remembered, calling a friend and saying, "Cmon. I need a drink for my birthday." But to reserve a restaurant and actuallyncall people to invite them to my birthday party? I'll admit, my social circle isn't huge so that's why I'm sincerely wondering if this is often done.

I've thrown myself quite a few. Not every year, but often. It started around 30. I began to feel silly waiting around for a birthday party. I figured since I was a grown up it was up to me to throw my own parties. Plus I started looking at my birthday as a way to say Thank You to everyone who supported me throughout the year.

I gotta say, Ramona is looking AMAZING! I always thought she was a very pretty woman, despite her mall-rat taste, but she is looking stunning right now. Dressing pretty well too.

• Love 8

I've no idea and apologize if this had been addressed but is Bethenny's daughter banned from appearing by court order or is this simply a parental choice (by either or both parents)? Just curious and praise whoever made that decision.

Any child appearing on the show requires both parents permission and Jason refused, as did Sonja's ex husband, Brandi's ex, Tamra's ex and in Adrienne/Paul's case, both refused to sign the release.

• Love 2

Wait, so we've never seen Heather's apartment, have we?  I never realized that until just now.  Or HAVE we and I'm just forgetting?

I seem to remember a scene in Heather's home in season one.  It was a contrasting scene of Aviva's children sitting calmly at the dinner table, fork properly in their left hand, knife in the right, then cut to Heather's two kids screaming and running around at dinner time.

• Love 1

I seem to remember a scene in Heather's home in season one. It was a contrasting scene of Aviva's children sitting calmly at the dinner table, fork properly in their left hand, knife in the right, then cut to Heather's two kids screaming and running around at dinner time.

Could be wrong, but I think that was a restaurant. I've heard rumors that Heather actually lives in Westchester or someplace. I don't really care. She's obviously tied into the city and I'd bet that she's at least in the metro area.

Does anyone else think it was kind of rude for Heather to bring up the party thing in front of Dorina? I could be crazy or projecting, but I thought that was one of the reasons Bethanny went a little agro. She was having a good time, getting to know and like Dorina, and Heather brings up a subject that could be uncomfortable for Beth and Dorina too. You know, she may have wondered if there would be tension going into that night and then she and Dorina clicked and were having a good time. It might have felt like Heather was trying to start a fight.

• Love 4

I beg of you Bravo - no more flashback to Sonja grilling John about DUH - RIN - DUHS whereabouts. 

Could be wrong, but I think that was a restaurant. I've heard rumors that Heather actually lives in Westchester or someplace. I don't really care. She's obviously tied into the city and I'd bet that she's at least in the metro area.

You're probably right.  I can't seem to remember anything but the dinner table and screaming children.

• Love 2

I hate to once again embarrass myself with my ho-ledge but...

a. I believe it's Kristin who was primarily a Ct resident who took up a city pad for show purposes. There was some talk of whether or not Lu had done the same in season 1.

b. We've also never seen Luann's NY apartment & I cannot figure out why since she's been photographed in it & it looks quite nice. Not at all as large as Ramona's or Sonja's but a lot of character. Speaking of Son- it would be awesome if they had her give a tour of all the property she used to 'own' but is now banned from. 'here is my country house, my Hamptons home, my French vacation home, my ski home, my yacht..' All spoken from outside locked & secured gates that she would probably try and climb. 

c. Luann has also played the not showing your real BF on TV game. She actually dated Jaques for  season before he made his appearance. Lu and Ramona also held up the all is well appearance for at least one season as their marriages disintegrated. But I suspect that Lu & Alex were pretty much living a mutually agreed to scenario  couple of years before the final blows.

d. Carole seems to reinvent herself yearly and on the basis of who she is around. And oddly it always seems to be a means of differentiating herself as opposed to finding common ground. The others are common & seeking status- she'll play the role of reluctanct aristocrat who is above it. Everyone else is happy and footless- she is the career gal with serious endeavors. Everyone else starts having more recent success and BOOM- Carole is the party girl proving you never have to grow up. It is funny how everyone is great with her but disgusted with Thomas on Southern Charm.

My final point of reference- Beth and Jill should have come back as a package deal. They truly deserve to have to deal with one another. I really think that they only come off well bouncing of one another. When either interacts with anyone approaching normal for too long the sight of either makes people want to bludgeon an eye or ear to escape it...

• Love 6

Does anyone else think it was kind of rude for Heather to bring up the party thing in front of Dorina? I could be crazy or projecting, but I thought that was one of the reasons Bethanny went a little agro. She was having a good time, getting to know and like Dorina, and Heather brings up a subject that could be uncomfortable for Beth and Dorina too. You know, she may have wondered if there would be tension going into that night and then she and Dorina clicked and were having a good time. It might have felt like Heather was trying to start a fight.

That was the other thing that bothered me about that whole thing. In real life, no one would ever approach someone about why certain people weren't invited to a birthday party in front of someone else who also wasn't invited. And, it felt so odd coming from Heather, who is one of my favorites. I get that she was most likely nudged by production to address it. But, I was really hoping that Heather would be above that kind of thing.

• Love 1

Is it just me? I would never in a million years ask someone why I was not invited to their party. Especially Beth -- she'd bite my head off and I'm not strong enough to deal. :)

• Love 1

Is it just me? I would never in a million years ask someone why I was not invited to their party. Especially Beth -- she'd bite my head off and I'm not strong enough to deal. :)

Well, Heather was not asking Bethenny why Kristen was not invited, she was letting her know that Kristen was hurt by being left out. That way, Bethenny could address it with Kristen personally at some point when she had the chance or was prepared when and if Kristen said anything to her. It was nothing more than a heads up to Bethenny IMO.

• Love 7
(edited)

Well, Heather was not asking Bethenny why Kristen was not invited, she was letting her know that Kristen was hurt by being left out. That way, Bethenny could address it with Kristen personally at some point when she had the chance or was prepared when and if Kristen said anything to her. It was nothing more than a heads up to Bethenny IMO.

I think this is where I differ. If Heather were just giving Bethenny a head's up, she would have picked a better time to do it. She wouldn't have done it at an event when Bethenny was getting to know Dorinda - who also wasn't invited. That is why I think there was a great deal of producer influence. I would hope that Heather is better at reading a situation than that. The thing that I like about Heather is that she seemed to be really good at cutting through the bullshit last season. That one scene made it seem as though she was playing into the producer influenced bullshit. 

I personally think that Heather is better than that.

If she were just giving a head's up, I think she would have called Bethenny or maybe even done an off camera text - as the Housewives are so fond of doing.

Edited by MatildaMoody
  • Love 3

Thanks, Wirewrap. I was addressing those who think Kristen herself should be the one approaching Beth about why she wasn't invited. I don't think I would be brave enough to do that!

• Love 3