Type keyword(s) to search

Fast Food Ads

• Start Topic

(edited)
On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 7:43 PM, ennui said:

Apparently Subway chicken is only 50% meat.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/03/01/517920680/dna-tests-find-subway-chicken-only-50-percent-meat-canadian-media-reports

I anticipate a spate of ads saying "It is too meat!"

I've seen them. Of course, now I cannot find them, but goes something like "Claims that our chicken is 50% real are 100% lies".

Edited by Ubiquitous
Subject-verb agreement
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 3/4/2017 at 8:47 AM, riley702 said:

Well, those of us who've had breast cancer are supposed to avoid soy, so - yes? *said uncertainly*

Other those who are allergic  to  soy. I never did like subways  chicken . It tasted  wet to me, like it had been soaked  in water.

Edited by crazycatlady58

I had breast cancer and never was told to avoid soy. Do I need to contact my oncologist? I'm 5 years out, still on an anti-estrogen drug - maybe that's why. I'm stopping the drug in May, she said nothing about avoiding soy in my check up last month. Does it include edamame? Soy based substitute meat products?

• Love 1
16 hours ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Other those who are allergic  to  soy. I never did like subways  chicken . It tasted  wet to me, like it had been soaked  in water.

I don't like Subway turkey - if it really is turkey; but I don't really like any "oven roasted" deli turkey. I liked smoked.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, crazycatlady58 said:

I never did like subways  chicken . It tasted  wet to me, like it had been soaked  in water.

I've noticed that about other fast food chicken, too. I think it really has been soaked in water. Brining is what's it's called when you take previously frozen poultry and soak it to try to make it taste fresh and juicy again. I've never done it so I don't know how well it works, but I can tell when I'm eating thawed chicken. It's like eating a soaked cellulose sponge full of salt water. Ugh.

• Love 4

I'm boycotting Subway after this. First the footlong controversy and now this. I've always thought the chicken looked bad and never ordered it but now I don't trust their other meats. Bad company and I hope they lose a lot of business. They've also recently raised their prices too.

• Love 6
On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 3:18 PM, rcc said:

I'm boycotting Subway after this. First the footlong controversy and now this. I've always thought the chicken looked bad and never ordered it but now I don't trust their other meats. Bad company and I hope they lose a lot of business. They've also recently raised their prices too.

I missed the footlong  controversy. What was it? TIA.

I wonder if the Subway bread and veggies are still ok... like  for a veg sandwich. Still wondering about the "cheese."

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ari333 said:

I missed the footlong  controversy. What was it? TIA.

I wonder if the Subway bread and veggies are still ok... like  for a veg sandwich. Still wondering about the "cheese."

The "footlong" bread wasn't exactly 12 inches, because bread that doesn't come out of a mold isn't predictable. But then, "footlong" hotdogs aren't 12 inches either so I didn't see what the fuss was about.

• Love 6

Even though their bread might be a foot long now it still doesn't make me want to give them my money. The don't put enough meat in their sandwiches and seeing locations use crock pots on counters to store heated meat in has always made me feel kinda queazy. I've eaten their stuff a couple times over the past few years because it was purchased by someone else. Employing "he who shall not be named" as a spokesperson for so many years will continue to make me give them the side eye though.

• Love 6
On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 0:05 PM, CoderLady said:

I've noticed that about other fast food chicken, too. I think it really has been soaked in water. Brining is what's it's called when you take previously frozen poultry and soak it to try to make it taste fresh and juicy again. I've never done it so I don't know how well it works, but I can tell when I'm eating thawed chicken. It's like eating a soaked cellulose sponge full of salt water. Ugh.

Isn't "soaked cellulose sponge full of saltwater" the main ingredient in a McNugget?  

• Love 1

JUst saw an ad for that McDonalds fish sandwich. I ate one three days ago and got so sick I'll never eat another one. I'm like that. I ate an apple 30 years ago and got sick (don't know why) and haven't had an apple since. I know it's stupid., but it's me.

The fish tasted ok, but afterwards, YIKES.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Prevailing Wind said:

Might've been the mayo in the tartar sauce.

Yes, maybe. I read somewhere if protein "sits out" for a couple of hours it can "go bad." But I've heard that about mayo too.

While I'm at it, I hate those two dudes in the car always arguing about something ridiculous in that  Sonics commercial;

And I loathe any HArdee's  ads. They always have some woman holding a massive burger that she can barely hold onto (bc ya know, it's so huge for the price;) and she gulps and slurps and chomps until I can get the remote.

• Love 2
On 3/20/2017 at 10:54 AM, Katmai said:

Billy Zane

I just saw the KFC head honcho on a news channel. KFC is going to introduce their new Zinger chicken sandwich and a new Colonel on Friday. I'm still on my first cup of coffee, but I think KFC guy said the new Colonel will be the most handsome and the marketing campaign is exciting and innovative.

I am on pins and needles.

Btw, the person who ate the sample sandwich said it was pretty good. It's a bestseller worldwide, and they are introducing it to the US. I wonder why we got it last. Maybe it was easier to test in smaller markets.

39 minutes ago, ennui said:

I thought the Sonic guys had wives. I could swear I've heard them mentioned, if not seen.

I think I remember hearing that as well, although who would marry either of them?

• Love 2

I don't know if they were wives or girlfriends, but, yeah, there used to be two women who were with them in the commercials (long, long ago when this ad campaign first started).

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ennui said:

I thought the Sonic guys had wives. I could swear I've heard them mentioned, if not seen.

We always say their wives are yogurt bitches and that's why they're at Sonic. 

• Love 6
On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 11:03 AM, ennui said:

I just saw the KFC head honcho on a news channel. KFC is going to introduce their new Zinger chicken sandwich and a new Colonel on Friday. I'm still on my first cup of coffee, but I think KFC guy said the new Colonel will be the most handsome and the marketing campaign is exciting and innovative.

I am on pins and needles.

Btw, the person who ate the sample sandwich said it was pretty good. It's a bestseller worldwide, and they are introducing it to the US. I wonder why we got it last. Maybe it was easier to test in smaller markets.

I wonder who will be the next Colonel...

(I hope this works!)

• Love 2
7 hours ago, ennui said:

I can't remember now where I saw it, and it may not have been official, but I thought I remembered hearing at some point in the past...maybe closer to when the ads started... that it was intentionally ambiguous. So, if some people watch the Sonic guys and see them as best friends who eat fast food together, fine. If some people thought they were brothers, also fine. If some thought they were a couple, that works too. And they were supposed to be whichever the viewer wanted. And the women in the earlier ads were supposed to be equally ambiguous and it was basically just random Sonic liking humans with undefined relationships. But I don't know anyone from the ad company or anything, no insider info here, so I might be mistakenly recalling a viewer theory, rather than an official response in an interview. I thought I'd read it in an article, but that doesn't really help.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, ennui said:

"Two guys enjoy Sonic Molten Cake Sundaes in the backseat of a convertible. One of them is on the lookout for his friend's wife. She gets mad when her husband has dessert without her. Who can blame her when it's a delicious frozen treat from Sonic?"

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/7In2/sonic-drive-in-ice-cream-social-march-wife

Did you know these guys have been doing Sonic commercials since 2004? 

I clicked on the link for one of the actors. He's in 109 of those ads. No wonder we hate them; we can't get away from them.

• Love 2

I don't hate the Sonic guys. In the current ad, the blonde guy is whining about something and complaining his straw doesn't work, and his buddy is saying "Cherry stem! Cherry stem!" I am easily amused and that kind of gentle humor appeals to me.

Edited by ennui
  • Love 1