Type keyword(s) to search

Fast Food Ads

• Start Topic

The commercials for McDonald's when I was growing up in the 70s/early 80s were kind of nightmarish if I recall correctly. Kind of like the Saturday morning Sid and Marty Kroft shows. Maybe the commercial for the adult happy meal is purposely strange to mimic what once was. At any rate, the commercial is annoying AF and I'm not paying an upcharge so I can have some weird-ass toy from a company I have never even heard of. It would have been a better idea to reissue the most popular toys from happy meals past.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, mmecorday said:

The commercials for McDonald's when I was growing up in the 70s/early 80s were kind of nightmarish if I recall correctly. Kind of like the Saturday morning Sid and Marty Kroft shows. Maybe the commercial for the adult happy meal is purposely strange to mimic what once was. At any rate, the commercial is annoying AF and I'm not paying an upcharge so I can have some weird-ass toy from a company I have never even heard of. It would have been a better idea to reissue the most popular toys from happy meals past.

True story: I watched the movie  "Monsters Inc" on TV and LOVED the character  Mike (the eyeball with feet.) When  McDonald's came out with the toy, I wanted one (yes, I am basically a 74-year-old 4-year-old.) So I asked my husband to see if he could get it for me.  

Hubs to McDonald's worker: "Do I have to buy your food to buy the toy?"  Thank Dog the answer was no. 

I still have both the hubs and Mike.😄

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

True story: I watched the movie  "Monsters Inc" on TV and LOVED the character  Mike (the eyeball with feet.) When  McDonald's came out with the toy, I wanted one (yes, I am basically a 74-year-old 4-year-old.) So I asked my husband to see if he could get it for me.  

Hubs to McDonald's worker: "Do I have to buy your food to buy the toy?"  Thank Dog the answer was no. 

I still have both the hubs and Mike.😄

I still have all four of the Buger King LOTR goblets. They used to light up.

image.png.76be9f4e574d5f44a12d18fb2822c2c8.png

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 10/9/2022 at 8:46 AM, Gharlane said:

I read an article about before the commercials started to air and ‘Cactus Plant Flea Market’ is making the "prizes". Apparently they make weird shot like dolls with four eyes on them. They don't appeal to me at all.

I'm sure they wouldn't appeal to me either if I knew what "weird shot like dolls with four eyes on them" were!

• Wink 1
  • LOL 2
8 minutes ago, Leeds said:

I'm sure they wouldn't appeal to me either if I knew what "weird shot like dolls with four eyes on them" were!

Does anyone have a photo of these 4 eyed "dolls"? Are they shot glasses??

On 10/10/2022 at 3:15 PM, peacheslatour said:

I still have all four of the Buger King LOTR goblets. They used to light up.

image.png.76be9f4e574d5f44a12d18fb2822c2c8.png

The glasses McDonald's did for the Flintstones movie were pretty nice, but very hard to get.  People really scooped them up. They are probably collectible today.

I have to admit I've never heard of Cactus Plant Flea Market. 

I noticed that Taco Bell has quickly and quietly dropped their breakfast menu campaign with that scumbag from SNL. 

On 11/16/2021 at 10:53 AM, Tom Holmberg said:

I'm mad at Popeye's for getting rid of Cajun Rice, which was the main reason I went there.

It's back on the menu!

• Applause 1
  • Love 1
On 10/10/2022 at 8:24 AM, mmecorday said:

Talk about nightmarish -- there's all sorts of wrong with the concept of an adult happy meal.  (Sorry, it's 3am and my mind + insomnia tend to lead to disturbing and/or unappetizing conclusions.)

Edited by Leeds
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, mmecorday said:

Why does Sonic think using dumb people in its ads will draw in customers? Instead of two people talking about Sonic's food, now there's some idiot helping his child with geography homework when he really shouldn't be.

The dumbass who can't read a map? Yeah.

2 hours ago, mmecorday said:

Why does Sonic think using dumb people in its ads will draw in customers? Instead of two people talking about Sonic's food, now there's some idiot helping his child with geography homework when he really shouldn't be.

Yeah, he can't even  spell "Pittsburgh" correctly.  (Pet peeve)

• Like 3
  • Love 1
53 minutes ago, chessiegal said:

Panda Express has sitdown restaurants? The only place I've ever seen one is in a food court in a mall.

I have never been to one in a mall, but that explains a lot. 

(edited)
56 minutes ago, Gharlane said:

I have never been to one in a mall, but that explains a lot. 

2 minutes ago, Tom Holmberg said:

We have two free-standing, dine-in Panda Expresses fairly close by.  They are not really worse than your average neighborhood Chinese take-out joint. If I'm in a hurry, I can be in and out in a few minutes.  Compared to Chipotle vs your average neighborhood taqueria, Panda does a better job.

Edited by Tom Holmberg
  • Like 3
On 11/14/2022 at 5:09 AM, KWalkerInc said:

I saw one of those Pete Davidson Taco Bell ads today.  I think they have at least reduced the number of them because they are focusing more on the nacho fries ad with the young women.

He's back... I guess I should be thankful he looks less like a walking venereal disease in the new one. 

• Applause 1
  • LOL 3
On 5/1/2023 at 2:50 PM, Gharlane said:

He's back... I guess I should be thankful he looks less like a walking venereal disease in the new one. 

He looks pretty bad in the Smart Water ad.  I don't get the appeal of Pete Davidson. 

• Like 3
  • Fire 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, mmecorday said:

Whoever told Burger King that the secret to selling burgers is to have someone sing the jingle off key in the commercials is not doing the company any favors. 

That is so irritating 🤬.  It's Instamute every time for me but the "singing" starts so fast I have to be quick on the draw to escape the beginning!

• Like 2
15 hours ago, mmecorday said:

Whoever told Burger King that the secret to selling burgers is to have someone sing the jingle off key in the commercials is not doing the company any favors. 

I don't mind it but until now, I've only heard one person complain about it.

22 hours ago, mmecorday said:

It's an insta-mute!

• Like 4
On 8/26/2023 at 9:33 AM, Tom Holmberg said:

I was in Subway and they have a slicer, but the meat was already sliced.  It didn't look like the slicer had been used.  They are trying to compete with Jersey Mile's who slice the meat and cheese right in front of you.

I saw them using the meat slicer at the one near work, but I think they use before opening.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2

I can usually ignore the Carl's Jr. commercials, even though it is annoying that they will run several in the same ad break with only one other ad between them, but I'm getting sick of the way the animated Carl's Jr. star yells, "YEAH!" at the beginning of the latest ad (for a southwestern burger).  It doesn't help that when listening to late night baseball replays on the radio the station has suddenly started playing this ad after every half-inning for at least half the game so I'm getting "YEAH!" yelled in my ear through the computer speakers repeatedly.  Even the cat freaks out about it when he's on my lap, and he sleeps through the game and other ads.  I suppose I should be glad that the station never ran the radio version of the last ad, which had a chomping noise from the star eating a burger.

• Like 3

I saw a new commercial from jersey Subs that made me laugh. In this one, Danny Devito seems to be wearing lederhosen while delivering his spiel about them grilling the meat, yada yada, then turns to reveal he's wearing a portable vacuum cleaner with which he's sucking up the cooking meat smells to huff later, the topper is the nose on the end of the vacuum hose! 🤣 

Oh, how I laughed!

• LOL 5
18 minutes ago, Gharlane said:

As if Panda Express wasn't disgusting already, there's a new one with this guy dipping his krab ragoons into the sauce on a nearby stranger's plate! 🤢

I haven't seen the ad, but you reminded me that when I was at our mall last week, first time in years, that when I went to the food court waiting on new eyeglasses, it was slim pickings, The Panda Express that used to be there was gone. Not that I would have eaten there.

• Like 2

What's the deal with the "WcDonald's" commercials? I am guessing there's an anime cartoon that uses that name instead of the real one and McDonald's thought it would cool to go along with it? 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Gharlane said:

What's the deal with the "WcDonald's" commercials? I am guessing there's an anime cartoon that uses that name instead of the real one and McDonald's thought it would cool to go along with it? 

Yes!  I was considering posting about that but I wasn't even entirely sure they were for McDonald's.  But if not, I'm not sure what they would be for.

4 hours ago, Gharlane said:

I haven't seen the commercials but the cup which came with the meal I ordered last week had WcDonald's on it.  I just thought it was a misprint.

• LOL 1