Type keyword(s) to search

Fast Food Ads

• Start Topic

Yes. I wondered if that's for real or just a joke.

My understanding is it's a real thing they developed for themselves. Average human can't go buy one.

They chose to sort of play off pretentious car commercials in the ad, which I think had the unfortunate effect of making a lot of people confused because it was supposed to be "overly serious therefore funny" but it sort of missed on tone. I think it had to be more ridiculous to really read. It landed kinda in between and too many people couldn't tell the intention.

• Love 4

Burger King has an ad for their grilled hot dogs, and the spokesman is a guy wearing a t-shirt that says "Polish polisher." My understanding is that you can get a good Polish polishing for about $50 over at the No-Tell Motel.

• Love 10

Down the block from where I lived on Long Island, there was a Friendly's Restaurant that had been there for years.  After they closed, at least half a dozen different types of restaurants went into the building, but no matter the name, the cuisine, or the design of the place, they left the trademark white steeple from Friendly's on the roof.

They did that here with a Sister's Chicken"  Makes me weepy every time I drive past.  Dear lord their strawberry shortcake was divine.  A freshly made buttermilk biscuit topped with sugary strawberry goodness and a heaping scoop of vanilla ice cream.  Sigh.  I have made a copy with frozen berries (thawed) and a KFC biscuit, but their biscuits are just a bit saltier.  Closest thing though.

• Love 2

I hope it means the colonel is on his way out. He can go hang with the creepy king from BK.

Speaking of which, I recently saw a Kentucky Fried Chicken ad in which he's threatening to go on strike because the Nashville Chicken will no longer be available...

Heh heh, the wall with the photos of the next Colonel, which includes Heather Locklear and a dog, cracks me up!

• Love 2

I think that woman isn't Heather Locklear; it's Tori Spelling.  Tim Meadows is one of the other ones.  The guy in the lower right corner looks like Artie Lang, but I don't think it is.

Can I just say that it grosses me out that that chicken comes with pickles?  Those two foods don't go together, to me.

Edited by janie jones
  • Love 2

I think that woman isn't Heather Locklear; it's Tori Spelling.  Tim Meadows is one of the other ones.  The guy in the lower right corner looks like Artie Lang, but I don't think it is.

Can I just say that it grosses me out that that chicken comes with pickles?  Those two foods don't go together, to me.

Oh, the pickles make the dish for me. I almost went and got some because of the pickles. That's the way the dish is served in Nashville.

• Love 1

Oh, the pickles make the dish for me. I almost went and got some because of the pickles. That's the way the dish is served in Nashville.

Definitely required on Chik-fil-a style sandwiches! I miss the McDonald's version, you could buy those any day you wanted them!

• Love 1

I thought that was Artie Lang, too.

I tried this and I'm not sure if  they plated it correctly because I was expecting it to have a spicy sauce on it.

On Thursday, March 31, 2016 at 2:27 PM, cpcathy said:

Almost as weird: any old school IHOP that's changed to a different restaurant. Still looks like an IHOP, people!

Oddly enough, there used to be a restaurant where I grew up that looked like an old IHOP, but wasn't.

And in the same vein: If you see a business operating out of a building that looks like a classic barn with a white roof, there's a good chance it used to be a Red Barn. There were a couple down near where I used to live.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 5/6/2016 at 9:20 PM, Sandman87 said:

Oddly enough, there used to be a restaurant where I grew up that looked like an old IHOP, but wasn't.

And in the same vein: If you see a business operating out of a building that looks like a classic barn with a white roof, there's a good chance it used to be a Red Barn. There were a couple down near where I used to live.

I loved Red Barn hamburgers. Yum. Yes, we have a few of those barn-style buildings remaining. I've also seen a few old Taco Bells that look like miniature missions, that are no longer Taco Bell restaurants. 

RE George Hamilton and the extra crispy chicken ... have you seen the ad with the mom and kid at the beach, and the kid eats the extra crispy, and he suddenly tans?  

Edited by ennui
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, riley702 said:

He asks, "Am I an extra crispy boy?"

It may just be me, but when George Hamilton says Extraaaaaa...Crisssspy...it sounds dirty.  The next logical step is that the kid is his illegitimate son.

• Love 2

Have they moved on to the next Colonel? I saw a new Kentucky Fried Chicken ad and it wasn't for their extraaaa... crissspy chicken but he didn't sound like Jim Traficant either.

Edited by Ubiquitous
On Saturday, October 01, 2016 at 3:18 PM, Gam2 said:

They should just stop trying to recreate the original Colonel Sanders.  Move on, people. That guy is dead and everyone knows it!

According to his Wikipedia article, The Colonel had a low opinion of KFC's food after they bought him out. He was especially critical of their gravy, and sued them over it in 1973.

A quote by him from the article:

My God, that gravy is horrible. They buy tap water for 15 to 20 cents a thousand gallons and then they mix it with flour and starch and end up with pure wallpaper paste. And I know wallpaper paste, by God, because I've seen my mother make it. ... There's no nutrition in it and they ought not to be allowed to sell it. ... crispy recipe is nothing in the world but a damn fried doughball stuck on some chicken.

• Love 3
On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 11:43 PM, AuntiePam said:

Rob Riggle -- I only know who he is because of his bits on The Daily Show (the Jon Stewart version).  I had no idea he had so many TV and movie credits. 

I vaguely remember him as a "Hey, it's that guy!" from his IMDB page. He wasn't on for very long though. He's been replaced by the Elvis Colonel.

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 6:18 PM, Gam2 said:

They should just stop trying to recreate the original Colonel Sanders.  Move on, people. That guy is dead and everyone knows it!

I love it!

• Love 1
On 10/26/2016 at 2:01 PM, Ubiquitous said:

I tried their Nashville Hot Chicken and neither time was it spicy. It was more vinegary, if anything.

I tried the Nashville Hot Chicken once.  The taste reminded me of barbecue-flavored potato chips more than anything else.  Strange.

I wonder if Sonic's ad agency is finally getting the point that nobody likes their spokesidiots?  The latest ad includes the worse of the two saying something like "I'm a perennial.  People think I'm dead and then I come back again."  WE KNOW.  And we wish you wouldn't.

• Love 6

Hate the Sonics ads with those two dudes.

Hate even more any Hardee's ads with all the slurping and sucking and licking. (Things I'd normally like in another context, but not on tv for food.)

I cant change the channel fast enough.

• Love 2

Does anyone remember the Hardee's ad with the, "Are you going to eat your cheese paper?" (the cheese that is stuck to the burger wrapper) Then they fight over how delicious the cheese paper is.  eeew

On 2/27/2017 at 5:36 PM, ari333 said:

Hate the Sonics ads with those two dudes.

Hate even more any Hardee's ads with all the slurping and sucking and licking. (Things I'd normally like in another context, but not on tv for food.)

You naughty girl (boy? gender-nonconformist? Choose not to answer?). 

One of them apparently is a stand-up comedian. Wonder what his act is like. 

On 2/27/2017 at 5:39 PM, ari333 said:

Does anyone remember the Hardee's ad with the, "Are you going to eat your cheese paper?" (the cheese that is stuck to the burger wrapper) Then they fight over how delicious the cheese paper is.  eeew

No Hardee's near me (boo!). 

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, topanga said:

You naughty girl (boy? gender-nonconformist? Choose not to answer?). 

One of them apparently is a stand-up comedian. Wonder what his act is like. 

No Hardee's near me (boo!). 

I'm a naughty older lady, but I prefer to be called "girl." (when I can get it) (heh)

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

I've noticed "girl" applies to young females and older women. It's like if we don't have a period, we're not women anymore and can revert to being girls.  :-D

Oh gees...now I'm sad.

:-)

Anything's better than "Ma'am" said in that tone that means bitch heh

• Love 3