Type keyword(s) to search

Fast Food Ads

• Start Topic

21 minutes ago, ennui said:

I don't hate the Sonic guys. In the current ad, the blonde guy is whining about something and complaining his straw doesn't work, and his buddy is saying "Cherry stem! Cherry stem!" I am easily amused and that kind of gentle humor appeals to me.

Me too.

I just want a shake. I think I realized I don't even listen to them. I just see them with shakes or slushes and eventually the ad shows the whole giant display of frozen drinks and then I want one...which I suppose means the ad works. Although frankly, they could just show the image of all the drinks and it'd probably have the same effect  on me.

• Love 4

One of the Sonic guys is Peter Grosz, who used to write for The Daily Show and is sometimes a panelist on Wait Wait Don't Tell Me. Not sure which Sonic guy he is.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, ABay said:

One of the Sonic guys is Peter Grosz, who used to write for The Daily Show and is sometimes a panelist on Wait Wait Don't Tell Me. Not sure which Sonic guy he is.

Peter is the brunette. T. J. Jagodowski is the blonde.

• Love 1

The mini coconut cream pie shake at Sonic is delightful.  Damn now I want one.

I hate how Ving Rhames blurting "gyro" in place of "hero" in the song breaks up a song that I love, but I can't help but think that Ving is having a lot of fun doing Arby's ads.  He just sounds so joyful.

Edited by mojoween
  • Love 4
21 hours ago, ennui said:

I don't hate the Sonic guys. In the current ad, the blonde guy is whining about something and complaining his straw doesn't work, and his buddy is saying "Cherry stem! Cherry stem!" I am easily amused and that kind of gentle humor appeals to me.

Except that they really do use bargain-basement straws that don't work for their shakes or anything with crushed fruit in it. It's why I'll only stop by for a to-go order when they're having one of their specials (like 50 cent corn dog day). 

1 hour ago, LoneHaranguer said:

It's why I'll only stop by for a to-go order when they're having one of their specials (like 50 cent corn dog day). 

The nearest Sonic is 21 miles. I don't think I'll be stopping in for a corn dog, as yummy as it sounds. 

Now I want a corn dog. *sigh*

OMG! Rob Lowe is the new KFC Colonel!

• Love 1

The KFC commercial that starts with Gold-Plated Colonel saying "I'm a simple man" makes me think of the Klaus Nomi song "Simple Man", and now I imagine him wearing Klaus's kabuki outer-space Mickey Mouse outfit and the gold paint. Not a pretty picture.

On 4/21/2017 at 0:29 PM, ennui said:

The nearest Sonic is 21 miles. I don't think I'll be stopping in for a corn dog, as yummy as it sounds. 

Now I want a corn dog. *sigh*

OMG! Rob Lowe is the new KFC Colonel!

We are lucky enough to have a Sonic a half mile from our house, but we never go!  Now that I have heard they have a coconut cream pie shake, I just may get one!

• Love 1
(edited)

In time for Mother's Day, which KFC says is their biggest sales day, KFC has come out with a new romance novel, Tender Wings of Desire, available for free for the Kindle.

"When Lady Madeline Parker runs away from Parker Manor and a loveless betrothal, she finally feels like she is in control of her life. But what happens when she realizes she can’t control how she feels? When she finds herself swept into the arms of Harland, a handsome sailor with a mysterious past, Madeline realizes she must choose between a life of order and a man of passion. Can love overcome lies? What happens in the embrace of destiny, on the Tender Wings of Desire?"

https://www.amazon.com/Tender-Wings-Desire-Colonel-Sanders-ebook/dp/B0713XG522/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1494016242&sr=8-1&keywords=Tender+Wings+of+Desire

Edited by Silver Raven
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

In time for Mother's Day, which KFC says is their biggest sales day, KFC has come out with a new romance novel, Tender Wings of Desire, available for free for the Kindle.

https://www.amazon.com/Tender-Wings-Desire-Colonel-Sanders-ebook/dp/B0713XG522/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1494016242&sr=8-1&keywords=Tender+Wings+of+Desire

Who takes their mother to KFC for Mother's Day? Or is it people who are giving mom a break by "making" dinner for her?

6 hours ago, GaT said:

Who takes their mother to KFC for Mother's Day? Or is it people who are giving mom a break by "making" dinner for her?

Long long ago the KFC bucket had little cartoons showing when you'd want KFC, and one of them was "Mom's Day Off".

• Love 3

Does anyone recall 2004 Mcdonald's Chicken Select Tenders commercial with girl saying to a guy "It Doesn't Come With A Toy"?

There was 3 posts on youtube as of July of last year but are gone as accounts have been deleted. I can't find this anywhere now.

That Taco Bell commercial is SO well done.  I saw it toward the end of the football game the other night, and ran downstairs and rewound the TV so that Mr. Tanyak could see it. Josh D. sells it  - no razor needed. Lol

• Love 1
17 hours ago, riley702 said:

I have to confess I like Wendy's baconator fries, but they're more of a meal than a side.

Those look good. I haven't tried them yet. I finally found better pictures of the Taco Bell fries and they look like they might just be seasoned fries like Popeyes and Checkers/Rally's have. At first when they were described as "Nacho Fries" I thought they might have some weird nacho seasoning on them to go with the cheese sauce. Hopefully the seasoning on them isn't offensive or overpowering.

• Love 1

ON 3/4/2017 AT 1:52 PM, THEATREMOUSE SAID:

ooops cant get the box off. sorry. I was trying to say that I agree that it IS a big deal.

ari333, I too struggled with this problem. People told me how to get out of it, but I still couldn't get it to go away, I was missing one important component of the "how to make it disappear". Hover your cursor near the top left corner, you will get a small box with a + sign, hold the control key, menu box appears, one of the items is "remove quote".

I know I'm a minority, but I really don't mind the Sonic Guys, I've thought the driver one was married with child, a young girl has appeared in a couple of the commercials. Sometimes the dumbness of the ads make me laugh, at least the first time. I've seen the driver in a few ads and went to the movies for the first time in years last summer and he was in the incredibly stupid movie my friend wanted to see. I rolled my eyes through the entire thing. Weekend at Bernies did it so much better with fewer complications and more humor many hundreds of years ago. I purposely have blocked out the name of the movie, but it had Scarlett Johansen and Kate McKenna and it was about bridesmaids weekend out. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

• Love 1

In one of McDonald’s new ads about their whatever menu, one of them is called “I’ve Been Craving This All Day”.  It consists of a giant soda and two full sandwiches which appear to be chicken and a quarter pounder.

Now the only thing I like at McDonald’s now is their fries, because they did something to the buttermilk chicken and made it gross, but do people really order two full sandwiches for themselves?

I once had a coupon for "get one free" at BK. I bought two fish sandwiches. Ate one, gave the other sandwich's fish fillet to the cat. Chester sniffed it, then licked all the mayo off the fillet, which left the pickles.  I scraped the pickles off and he went back and finished the fish.  Good boy just wasn't gonna eat pickles.  After that, I'd go to Arthur Treacher's Fish N Chips, buy a fresh meal for myself and the counter dude would give me some "expired" pieces of fish for Chester. (They were older than 20 minutes, which was the limit they could keep food under the warming lights.) Chester was a very happy kitty.

• Love 9

When I used to work in a custom paint shop, the first day I noticed a lot of odd blobs on the ceiling of the tint room. What are those things on the ceiling I asked. The answer was pickles that people pulled off their hamburgers and threw up on the ceiling. I worked there for twelve years. The pickles were still there when I left.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, stillhere1900 said:

I'm confused by the Sonic ad for the "Hot N Cold shake up deal"

"TJ says it perfect for him because he's both hot & cool" 

Peter asks TJ  how he's "hot" and TJ glances at the ice cream shake (?)

What does that mean ?

I think he is trying ( and failing miserably) to "smolder".

• Love 1
On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 1:22 AM, janie jones said:

I'm not into the nacho cheese sauce, but those fries look good.  I'm sure they're probably going to be raunchy in real life though.

They were OK.  I tried them just on their own (not as the Bell Grande version).  They were better with the cheese dip than plain.  Not amazing, but not horrible. The new Smoky BBQ flavor stuff is REALLY good, though.  I'm not a fan of hot stuff, so their prior flavors just didn't do it for me, but this wasn't really spicy.  And not overly sweet either.  Just a nice flavor profile.

I was watching the latest installment of Channel Zero which is about cannibals.

All of a sudden there is some kind of ad about carnivores sung to some kind of we are the world type song.  It was a very weird combination of TV and commercial.  It was an ad for Arby's.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

I was watching the latest installment of Channel Zero which is about cannibals.

All of a sudden there is some kind of ad about carnivores sung to some kind of we are the world type song.  It was a very weird combination of TV and commercial.  It was an ad for Arby's.

I just saw that ad again. It's about the dumbest one I've ever seen.

My understanding is it's either regional or just straight up depends on the individual store. If locations in your area may not have chosen to carry them, it makes sense they'd not bother advertising them on TV nationally. They have them at my local one. I can see a big ol' sign in the window when I drive by. I can't remember if I've seen any TV spots for them specifically but they've been available for a couple of weeks.

13 hours ago, InDueTime said:

Since it's St. Patrick's Day, I'm surprised I haven't seen any McDonald's ads for the Shammrock shake. Maybe I just haven't noticed or they bring it back at another time of year.

I've never had one. Are they mint flavored?

6 minutes ago, theatremouse said:

Yes.

Oh dear. I avoid McDonald's, but I love milkshakes and love mint ice cream - not that their concoction should be any where either, but I am tempted to stop by my local McD's to see if they have it..

• Love 1
On 3/18/2018 at 12:30 AM, InDueTime said:

Since it's St. Patrick's Day, I'm surprised I haven't seen any McDonald's ads for the Shammrock shake. Maybe I just haven't noticed or they bring it back at another time of year.

They haven't advertised them in YEARS! In fact, I always forget to get them when and if they become available. 

(edited)
6 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

So have the 2 dudes from Sonic been replaced or did they die from eating all that damn junk food at Sonic?!  This is just sad

Why is it  "just sad" ?

Edited by stillhere1900