Type keyword(s) to search

Fast Food Ads

• Start Topic

Ugh. Not that I don't like a good all-beef Chicago style dog or two at a sporting event, but hot dogs are not a flavor I want mixed in with burgers or pizzas (either of which on its own should taste better than any hot dog unless something has gone very wrong).

Why don't they just start throwing all the restaurant's food into a big trash compactor and sell it by the garbage bag full?

• Love 7

I know this only "sort of" fits into this board's topic, but my local news just teased a story for the 11 o'clock news: A toddler's grandparents are outraged by the profanity that came from the Talking Minion Happy Meal toy. Outrage! Fast food outrage stories are usually so good, and I already love this one because it's about those effing annoying  brain softeners called minions.  

Not to be completely "get off my lawn" about things, but do we really need unintelligible cartoon characters? With the state of things today, kids should at least get some oral language/vocabulary exposure while they're watching the same damn movies thousands of times.

• Love 3

WTF is it supposed to be saying? Bawahahaha! That's hilarious.

Whenever I see the Xfinity ad with Minions I still hear "Suck her!" and "Tough shit!" Doesn't remotely sound like soccer and Top Chef.

• Love 2
Whenever I see the Xfinity ad with Minions I still hear "Suck her!" and "Tough shit!" Doesn't remotely sound like soccer and Top Chef.

No. More. Fucking. Minions.  I hope the movie is a total flop so that there won't be a sequel.

Wendy's and morticians must be in league with the devil after the introduction of the Baconator Fries.  Think of it: fried potatoes and heart-clogging bacon and melted cheese.  Be sure to reserve your caskets now!

• Love 4

I'm old enough to remember original recipe Col. Harland Sanders. I do not remember him having that creepy, creepy laugh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pOEW6bGK1I

The new Col. Sanders gives me the creeps too. I keep waiting for him to shout "Live....from New York.... It's Saturday Niiiiiiight!!!" because he strikes me as a parody of the original. So I can't take him seriously with the "original recipe" stuff. And when he sings about "chicken in the beans, chicken in the beans" I want to barf. I do not want chicken in my beans, thank you very much.

• Love 5
(edited)

No. More. Fucking. Minions.  I hope the movie is a total flop so that there won't be a sequel.

Every time I've tried to find something OnDemand lately, I've been subjected to those fucking little pieces of phlegm making fart noises in response to inane interview questions.  HAAATE.

Edited by Aquarius
  • Love 5

Captain Crunch Delights.  Just take a moment to consider that.  Captain. Crunch. Delights.  Does Taco Bell make anything that's not designed to kill you?  Do these come with an insulin injection?  I'm surprised they didn't wrap them in a tortilla and fry them on the griddle. 

• Love 1

I swear if I see that creepy chicken drawing French fries on her selfie and saying "Chiiiiiiiiiiiiicken friiiiiiiiiiiies" one more time, I won't be held responsible for my actions.  

Oh and who the hell would want to eat icing surrounded by Captain Crunch Crunchberries?  Why don't you just save the time and pour a bag of sugar down your throat?  You get the same effect and you don't have to step inside a Taco Bell.

• Love 2

It's worth a reminder that the three fast food chains mentioned most in this thread (KFC, Pizza Hut, Taco Bell) are all part of a single evil conglomerate, Yum! Brands. Yes, with the exclamation point.

My prediction/nightmare is that Pizza Hut will follow up the Hot Dog Crust Pizza with a pizza featuring a Cap'n Crunch Delights crust, with the new Colonel doing the ads for it.

• Love 2

My prediction/nightmare is that Pizza Hut will follow up the Hot Dog Crust Pizza with a pizza featuring a Cap'n Crunch Delights crust, with the new Colonel doing the ads for it.

You're a marketing genius!

• Love 4
(edited)

CANNOT STAND!

Checkers/Rally's "MR BAG"!!!! UGH! And the racial overtones are just.....sigh Execs have LOST THIER DAMN MINDS.

"I GOT BUNS!!! WHO WANTS TO SEE MY BUNS??!!"

"GOTTA TAKE ME ON A DATE FIRST NOW, BABAY!"

On the same note, Sonic??? Get rid of the two pals sitting in their care eating your crappy food and making stupid comments!!!!

(although the "ex-girlfriend cause she's NUTS!" Line was pretty funny.....

Here's one example of MR BAGS:

Edited by Flnurse
  • Love 2

Did I hallucinate this? OK it was radio not TV, but where else can I share?

My daughter and I were in the car and we heard this McDonald's commercial for frozen lemonade that sounded like the Milk Milk Lemonade song, and also like the version from Amy Schumer (although daughter is too young to know that one). It was like autotuned voices going "la-la lemonade" and getting all tuned and then sounding like kid voices. It was so weird and funny that we were dying laughing. I heard it once and never again. Every time we're in the car daughter keeps hoping it will come on again.

• Love 1
(edited)

Did I hallucinate this? OK it was radio not TV, but where else can I share?

My daughter and I were in the car and we heard this McDonald's commercial for frozen lemonade that sounded like the Milk Milk Lemonade song, and also like the version from Amy Schumer (although daughter is too young to know that one). It was like autotuned voices going "la-la lemonade" and getting all tuned and then sounding like kid voices. It was so weird and funny that we were dying laughing. I heard it once and never again. Every time we're in the car daughter keeps hoping it will come on again.

Here's the ad

http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7P_3/mcdonalds-mccafe-frozen-lemonades-lemonades-song-by-sophie

Here's the song -

SOPHIE is a guy - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sophie_%28musician%29

Edited by Rick Kitchen
  • Love 2

Whenever I see the Domino's Pizza commercial with the guy working slavishly making boxesfor their latest promotion, a wave of sadness washes over me in empathy for this poor schmuck.

Finally, a job worse than Al Bundy's!
  • Love 1

I am really tired of seeing the guy get all oozy over his turkey avocado sub at Subway.  If people are having sexual experiences at Subway, I wil not be going there.  Keep it in your pants until you get home, 12 inch sandwich freak.  It's not safe for you to eat that in public.

I do enjoy the new truth in advertising Taco Bell spots.  Apparently their food is only eaten on dares.  As a child, he would eat worms and boogers to shock his schoolmates.  Now they dare him to eat Taco Bell food and dare him to a) keep it down and b) not crap himself.  

• Love 1

Hardee's/Carl Jr.'s has a new ad with a guy lustily wrapping his jaws around a toxic sludge burger which is their specialty.   He's an average-looking guy wearing a t-shirt and jeans (my guess, since I couldn't see his pants).  I'll settle for nothing less than a Christopher Hemsworth  clone wearing Speedo's.  After all, there's been supermodel types in their ads.

• Love 6

I almost never eat fast food, but my exception for a while was treating myself to a Super Star with cheese from Carl's Jr. (and fries from McDonald's; they're down the block from each other on my way home) once or twice a year.  But then they started this relentlessly sexist advertising campaign, and I just couldn't give them even $10/year of my money anymore. 

• Love 4

But then they started this relentlessly sexist advertising campaign, and I just couldn't give them even $10/year of my money anymore. 

Not a fan of the food or the commercials,  but I'll give them credit for being so blatant in their advertising approach (there was a hamburger with that babe?).  They don't try to be coy or smart - just going for the sex sells.  I've got a remote.

• Love 2

Hardee's/Carl Jr.'s has a new ad with a guy lustily wrapping his jaws around a toxic sludge burger which is their specialty.   He's an average-looking guy wearing a t-shirt and jeans (my guess, since I couldn't see his pants).  I'll settle for nothing less than a Christopher Hemsworth  clone wearing Speedo's.  After all, there's been supermodel types in their ads.

There is no excuse for them putting eggs, sausage and cheese on cinnamon bread.

• Love 5

There is no excuse for them putting eggs, sausage and cheese on cinnamon bread.

That may be true, but I believe the McGriddles are one of McDonald's most popular breakfast offerings, which is basically the same idea. Sweet and salty is very popular. I like them maybe once a year, but I can't do the cheese for some reason.