Type keyword(s) to search

Fast Food Ads

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

So have the 2 dudes from Sonic been replaced or did they die from eating all that damn junk food at Sonic?!  This is just sad

Is Jane Krakowiski washing the fast food down with her Orange 50 drink?

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

So have the 2 dudes from Sonic been replaced or did they die from eating all that damn junk food at Sonic?!  This is just sad

I think they got the two ladies to do these commercials for the Slingers they have out now because they have smaller hands. The Slingers are the size of sliders and would look that way if those guys were doing commercials handling them. I noticed on Sonic's FB page they don't have any guys holding them in pics on there either. I did see one post from a customer who ordered two, got home and found out there was no meat/mushroom patty on either of them.

• Love 2
On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 10:02 AM, Dirtybubble said:

They're in the one commercial, where they talk about they're famous for eating there.  I don't watch the Kimmy Schmidt show - I don't get Hulu, and it doesn't appeal to me at all (plus I find the character annoying) but Jane Krakowski has been off-the-charts with the weird voices lately.  Supper annoying.

• Love 3

If you've been seeing those commercials about Wendy's Berry Burst salad and you've thought to yourself, "That looks good!" It is good. Grilled chicken, strawberries, blueberries, slivered almonds, feta, fresh greens, raspberry vinaigrette -- yep, all good.

• Love 5

Domino's Pizza is running an ad showing their pizza bouncing around inside the box as it's being delivered because the driver is driving on bad roads, and they say that if you contact them, they will go out and fill the pot holes in your area (and then put their logo on them). Even before I saw the ad, I had seen an article about it on a news site.

• Love 5
25 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

I think it's a brilliant marketing idea.

And a good thing. I think I read the same article: it said it that this helps municipalities that don't have the money to fix their potholes themselves. An all-around win -- work gets done, a company gets brownie points, people buy pizza. What's not to like?

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, CoderLady said:

And a good thing. I think I read the same article: it said it that this helps municipalities that don't have the money to fix their potholes themselves. An all-around win -- work gets done, a company gets brownie points, people buy pizza. What's not to like?

The only downside I see is that certain politicians will use it's success (assuming it succeeds) to shove privatizing All The Things down our throats.

• Love 10

Former Baltimore Mayor William Donald Schaefer (later Governor of MD) had a program where you could buy a pothole for Valentine's Day - you picked the pothole, it was fixed and painted with a heart with inscription of your choice. It was evidently quite successful.

• Love 7

I never understood the appeal of those old Budweiser "Whassup" ads. Of all the 90s pop culture things, Burger King chose this. I guess in 19-20 years, I should expect those Bud Light "Dilly Dilly" ads to be referenced in some damn way.

Speaking of long faded corporate relics, I never thought The King was that creepy; but I do when his tongue is hanging out.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Lol, the  whassup commercials make me nostalgic because my son and his friends used to call each other up and do the wassup thing when he was in jr. high.

It's a little embarrassing to admit, but one of my friends and I still do that.  Not every phone call, but still.

The Burger King King is extra crispy creepy with his tongue hanging out like that.  ::shudder::

• Love 3
On 4/10/2018 at 1:14 PM, funky-rat said:

They're in the one commercial, where they talk about they're famous for eating there.  I don't watch the Kimmy Schmidt show - I don't get Hulu, and it doesn't appeal to me at all (plus I find the character annoying) but Jane Krakowski has been off-the-charts with the weird voices lately.  Supper annoying.

I thought Kimmy Schmidt was on Netflix.

• Love 3
On 7/1/2018 at 7:18 PM, InDueTime said:

I never understood the appeal of those old Budweiser "Whassup" ads. Of all the 90s pop culture things, Burger King chose this. I guess in 19-20 years, I should expect those Bud Light "Dilly Dilly" ads to be referenced in some damn way.

Seriously.  Reviving something that was painfully annoying at the time is an odd advertising strategy, but this is a commercial that touts the shit-water that is Budweiser as a terrific addition to an already ho-hum burger, so I guess logic does not apply.  All it did for me was remind me Budweiser had previously unleashed on the airwaves something even more obnoxious than Dilly Dilly.

• Love 2
On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 8:39 PM, Neurochick said:

I thought Kimmy Schmidt was on Netflix.

20 hours ago, ooh.boo said:

It is.

Which is another channel I don't pay for.  ;)

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 11:08 PM, mmecorday said:

If you've been seeing those commercials about Wendy's Berry Burst salad and you've thought to yourself, "That looks good!" It is good. Grilled chicken, strawberries, blueberries, slivered almonds, feta, fresh greens, raspberry vinaigrette -- yep, all good.

I concur! I got it the last time it was available!

On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 10:18 PM, InDueTime said:

Wait, there's not inexplicably rerunning 10 year old Bud Light ads? I hated that "wazzup?" thing and automagically tune it out.

• Love 2
(edited)
16 hours ago, spaceytraci1208 said:

I need Dairy Queen to come up with a new slogan; a lot of their restaurants have a drive-thru window, so, newsflash...it's fast food! Also, WTF is "fan food"?!? 

"WTF is Fan Food"

Really ? Pretty simple...... You're a "Fan"  of the food

Edited by stillhere1900
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, stillhere1900 said:

"WTF is Fan Food"

Really ? Pretty simple...... You're a "Fan"  of the food

Yes, "Really". I still think it's a dumb slogan; the customer being a "fan" of the food doesn't speak to what kind of food they make, nor does it make the food something separate and distinct from fast food. Perhaps simply saying they're "Good Food" would be a more effective way to distinguish themselves from run-of-the-mill fast food.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, spaceytraci1208 said:

Yes, "Really". I still think it's a dumb slogan; the customer being a "fan" of the food doesn't speak to what kind of food they make, nor does it make the food something separate and distinct from fast food. Perhaps simply saying they're "Good Food" would be a more effective way to distinguish themselves from run-of-the-mill fast food.

Wouldn't calling it "good food" run afoul of truth in advertising rules? ;)

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Jamoche said:

Wouldn't calling it "good food" run afoul of truth in advertising rules? ;)

Subjective terms are generally exempt, and it would; be noteworthy if an ad is only willing to go as far as "good".

2 hours ago, LoneHaranguer said:

Subjective terms are generally exempt, and it would; be noteworthy if an ad is only willing to go as far as "good".

I think that Jamoche was being snarky.  It was a good one, too.

• Love 3

"Was that wrong? Should I not have done that? I tell you I gotta plead ignorance on this thing because if anyone had said anything to me at all when I first started here that that sort of thing was frowned upon, you know, cause I've worked in a lot of offices and I tell you people do that all the time."

• Love 7
On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 11:50 AM, LoneHaranguer said:

It's not a good start when the family openly laughs at Colonel Constanza when he walks in. Were the writers not on board with this casting?

I think they're doing a sitcom thing.

• Love 3
On 6/12/2018 at 5:30 PM, CoderLady said:

What's not to like?

On 6/12/2018 at 6:32 PM, Bastet said:

The crappy pizza?

On 6/13/2018 at 4:01 PM, Moose135 said:

It beats Papa John's...

Not by much. 

On 9/1/2018 at 12:54 AM, Silver Raven said:

The new Colonel Sanders is the Mountain from Game of Thrones.  He is, in real life, the World's Strongest Man.

Doubt he got that way from eating mountains of KFC.

On 9/5/2018 at 10:09 PM, Caseysgirl said:

I hate the new McDonald’s commercials where “Grandma”and all her horny friends are ogling her grandson in the skimpy knit shirt. Not funny in this climate.

I never got the impression that he's a grandson, just a hunky gardener. Also, people are going to look at attractive people and comment on it. (Happens right here all the time.) The implication is that the two ladies are harmless because they're old and sexless at their age.

I didn't realize at first, but the "sweater" they made him is that snug sleeveless number he's wearing.