Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E03: Battle Of The Brunches

• Start Topic

"she's Madonna apparently"

Kelly will always rock the HW franchises for me for being the first housewife to tell (or at least try to tell) Bethenny face to face to cut the crap, and that her antics are unappreciated. She called out B spot on and early.

I know Kelly is supposed to be this horror story but I truly think she's just very awkward in group confrontations which is why she went all batty on "scary Island" I mean if you pay attention to the trip from the beginning Kelly was very upbeat and ready to have a good time and Bethenny was catty from jump which I know wasn't missed by Kelly. From challenging her in the car about the stupid gummy bears to other stuff I just think Kelly starting getting into it with her because Bethenny doesn't let anything drop. She always has to have the last word and it's usually a condescending one. I know what Kelly was trying to do in the beginning of the trip but bless her cotton socks she's just not made of the right stuff to take Bethenny to task. She noticed that everyone was siding with Bethenny and choosing to not see how she was being because she deserved special treatment yada yada yada.

As for the whole I'm up here and you're down there thing. I was totally on Kelly's side only thing she didn't deliver it well but it was obvious the point she was trying to make was Kelly wasn't going to engage in the petty bullshit that Bethenny likes to sling. I mean honestly when Kelly was late to that gathering and was expressing herself Bethenny's snide remark about "Madonna" was pretty juvenile and petty. If Bethenny had something constructive to say about whatever impressive Kelly was having to the group then I'm sure there was a better way to express herself other than mumbling to someone next to her that apparently she thinks she's Madonna. That's the behavior I'm guessing Kelly was saying she was "up there" and not "down there" about and good for her. Again I just wish she was better at expressing herself. I never thought Kelly was that bad. I mean her daughters are sweet and respectful and she seemed to be a real hands on mom so hey. I'd take Kelly in Kelly land, with lollipops, unicorns and rainbows any day of the week and twice on Sunday before I sign up to visit Bethenny's Place of "YES" (but I really mean NO) World. Absolutely.

• Love 3

If I had to choose between those 2, I wouldn't.  I'd run far away from either of 'em.  I just watched that Scary Island ep twice.  Yeah, Bravo is showing it that much.  Please don't tell me Kelly was a sweetie-pie, cuz she wasn't.  She never has been & never will be.  She said some horribly vile things to & about Bethenny.  

I'm convinced, if you aren't young or rich or good looking or live in Manhattan or you don't have the "right" kind of job or know the hoity-toidy peeps Kelly cares so much about, she wouldn't acknowledge your presence.  That's EXACTLY who Kelly is.  Blech.  You wanna hang with Kells, have at it.  Me?  No freakin' way.  Woman skeers the absolute fuck outta me.  She & Aviva are 2 women I hope to never encounter here in NY.  Eek & ew.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 12

"she's Madonna apparently"

Kelly will always rock the HW franchises for me for being the first housewife to tell (or at least try to tell) Bethenny face to face to cut the crap, and that her antics are unappreciated. She called out B spot on and early.

Yep, that was a most satisfying exchange

• Love 1

Moaner, as we just saw, with the dopey brunch argument, doesn't take Bethenny's crap & never has.  It remains to be seen if Heather will stand up to her.  Seems to me, she's intimidated & a bit afraid of B.  Guess we'll see.  

I never thought of Kelly as standing up to Bethenny, cuz she's just so dumb & inarticulate, she can't get an intelligible point across.  I would find trying to have a conversation with Kelly maddening & impossible.  OK, she can say "amazing" 50 billion times & "staaaaahp, staaaahp", but she didn't effectively call Bethenny out on anything because she was too much of a moron to say anything that made any sense.  If her intention was to call Bethenny out, she failed miserably to accomplish that.  All I've ever heard from Kelly is senseless babble & white noise.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 9

Yeah, I can't forget Kelly thinking Beth wanted to kill her because she left a gift bag at her bedroom door on Scary Island.  Nor how insane she sounded at the table, "Al Sharpton!"

Kelly is batshit and she's nasty to people she doesn't like.

• Love 18

For the first time ever, I agreed with Ramona about the brunch thing. Years ago, I had 4 friends staying in my home and had made plans for the next day. Another woman (who was not staying with us) invited one of my guests to another function the next day when she knew that I had made plans for all of us. I was really angry about that because she didn't ask me if it was okay to take one of my guests away from my planned party, didn't invite me or any of the other people in my home to her house and then threw a fit when I called her on it. That ended the "friendship" and all of the guests in my home agreed with me.

Speaking of Bethanny, I cannot take her unbelievably foul mouth any more. I've gone through my entire life without using most of the words she throws around in every TH. Would she want her child to hear her talk like that? Would she want her child to talk like that? Especially on television? If this is the extent of her vocabulary, she needs to sit herself down and read a dictionary/thesauras. Good heavens, B. Dial it down a few thousand notches. 

• Love 10

I know [beth's] always been acerbic, but I don't remember her being this bitchy and harsh. To the point where I think something's wrong with her.

You could be right, but I think also the show in general has gotten more scripted and forced.  I recognize that it was always forced to a degree, but it seemed more organic when Beth was last on.  Now I see her and feel like she's trying very hard to be "Bethenny the Character (!!*jazz hands*!!)".

• Love 5

Ugh, Bethenny talking about braiding each other's pussy hair was so GROSS. I literally thought of her saying it earlier today and stopped in my tracks and shivered. Nasty.

I hope we don't have to.  I'm still suffering PTSD from the suckage that was Beverly Hills.  I want New York to be lighter and more fun.  No addictions or alcoholism, no racism, no narcissism.  Just. no.  The only -ism I want to see is conspicuous consumptionism.

Yes, please. Please!

NY Post article about "Beautique".  Apparently it's New York's new playpen for millionaires.  The ratio is 5 - 7 women for every 1 man.  So, yeah, after reading the article I think it makes our housewives look a little desperate. But, hey, if they're having fun. 

Sounds dreadful.

Bonus:  Dr. Paul Nassif and his "friend" hang out there.

http://nypost.com/2014/07/07/inside-midtown-bar-beautique-the-new-millionaires-playpen/

Hah, so funny. Someone was trying to get me to go to that place a few weeks ago and I refused based solely on location because I'm snobby like that. Glad I skipped it - sounds like my worst nightmare. 

Edited by Otherkate
  • Love 1

I know Kelly is supposed to be this horror story but I truly think she's just very awkward in group confrontations which is why she went all batty on "scary Island" I mean if you pay attention to the trip from the beginning Kelly was very upbeat and ready to have a good time and Bethenny was catty from jump which I know wasn't missed by Kelly. From challenging her in the car about the stupid gummy bears to other stuff I just think Kelly starting getting into it with her because Bethenny doesn't let anything drop. She always has to have the last word and it's usually a condescending one.

Except Kelly was the one who made an issue about food, not Bethenny. Bethenny only made the snarky comment about the gummy bears when Kelly was picking at everyone else for eating unhealthy/claiming she only eats healthy food... as she was proclaiming the virtues of gummy bears.

And Kelly was the one on Scary Island who wouldn't let anything drop. "You're a cook not a chef," anyone?

Look, I have no doubt Bethenny can be her own brand of mean in real life, but on Scary Island, it was all Kelly (whether it be drugs, a mental disorder, or just being a mean person). She was gunning for Bethenny from the moment they landed on the island with repeated, failed attempts at getting in digs. Except I think she failed to comprehend that the Skinnygirl has a much quicker wit and the fighting instincts of a bulldog (and not just the jaws), so trying to go verbally toe-to-toe with B was always going to be a losing battle.

• Love 16
Kelly seems successful with both, under the radar, living a fulfilled life.

I don't know. There was that hoopla about her punching her boyfriend a few years back. It pre-dated Scary Island and I think may have even been the "problems" Alex referred to while on the island (i.e. "we know you were dealing with a lot of stuff in your life and wanted to have fun with you").

But yeah…like her or not, Kelly does seem to be pretty happy in the world she inhabits, whether she's jogging in traffic or writing about accessories. Izabella's post about Bethenny seeming joyless was spot-on. 

• Love 3

Moaner, as we just saw, with the dopey brunch argument, doesn't take Bethenny's crap & never has.  It remains to be seen if Heather will stand up to her.  Seems to me, she's intimidated & a bit afraid of B.  Guess we'll see.

I think Ramona's willingness to stand up to Bethenny or anyone else for that matter is more about her being unaware and clueless.  She'll take on anyone, anywhere without thinking- it's almost like an automatic instinct with her. 

She's like those tiny dogs that always crazily bark right up in the face of much bigger dogs who could eat them in one bite.  They are acting on instinct and really don't get that they could be a nice snack.  They aren't brave and not not taking crap.   

• Love 7

Dorinda's mistake at the restaurant was not racism or prejudice, it was stereotyping.

My guess is that Heather will never fully stand up to Bethenny bc Bethenny has networked and is now well-connected and carries clout bc of her wealth. Heather is a business woman with great aspirations and is not going to take the chance of offending Bethenny and getting cutoff from Bethenny's connections.

Ramona knows she needs to fight with *somebody* to stay relevant and Bethenny is the safest. She's sparred w Beth before on the show and they've come through it and still were friendly at the end. I think all the other women would cut Ramona out and not film w her if she keeps being bitchy. I personally can't stand Ramona and hope she never comes back, but she's an OG so we're prob stuck w her unless she really screws up.

Edited by Silo
  • Love 1
Hah, so funny. Someone was trying to get me to go to that place a few weeks ago and I refused based solely on location because I'm snobby like that. Glad I skipped it - sounds like my worst nightmare.

Well. it is across from the Plaza, so I guess from a snooty standpoint, it's in a nice area, I suppose.  But I'm scratching my head trying to figure out what anyone would be doing around there.  Cuz there ain't nothin' around except the Plaza & maybe The Paris movie theater, which shows obscure films.  I still say it's perfectly located for horny Lu to get laid discreetly, away from the prying eyes of peeps who may or may not know about her trampy ways.  Drats, didn't spot any pirates there . . .

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 2

Yeah, I can't forget Kelly thinking Beth wanted to kill her because she left a gift bag at her bedroom door on Scary Island.  Nor how insane she sounded at the table, "Al Sharpton!"

Remember, Bethenny was mean to Kelly's  best friend Gwyneth. Gwyneth who? Well, Paltrow of course!

• Love 5

LOL, PlasticFlute, I was going to ask how LuAnn won Individual Immunity.

Did anyone catch Heather on WWHL talking about the episode? First of all, she looked amazing.

Her legs. Gah.

Heather's beef with LuAnn did come as somewhat of a surprise, but if that means more screentime for Heather, then yay. I'm taking her being on WWHL so early in the season as a good thing.

Heather smashed Luann down ! 

On down. While ol' countess was desperately Tweeting, Heather just gave back a "Girl, it's on tape" and a grin.

I'm with Dorinda on the use of phones during meals, and excessive PDAs, but she put me off with the coat checking incident. And, I'm getting a whiff of famewhore from John. It seems he's had more camera time than Kristen.

Single Ramona is giving me kicks. Keep her coming.

Bethenny is a bitch. Straight up, full stop. Even that walking sack of bile Aviva managed to display a bit of friendliness a time or two. If I ever thought about trying a SG product before, that for sure isn't happening now.

I don't know why the ladies won't just let Sonja do Sonja. They ain't paying her bills.

• Love 3

It's obvious by her facial expressions. I have met people like her before. Actually there s a homeless woman I see on occasion pushing a shopping cart around town that sorta looks like a rough version of Kelly with meth mouth. I am not even kidding or exagerating a little bit. It was unerving to see her in the bar making those odd faces.

• Love 2

Dorinda's mistake at the restaurant was not racism or prejudice, it was stereotyping.

Absolutely.

Well. it is across from the Plaza, so I guess from a snooty standpoint, it's in a nice area, I suppose.  But I'm scratching my head trying to figure out what anyone would be doing around there.  Cuz there ain't nothin' around except the Plaza & maybe The Paris movie theater, which shows obscure films.  I still say it's perfectly located for horny Lu to get laid discreetly, away from the prying eyes of peeps who may or may not know about her trampy ways.  Drats, didn't spot any pirates there . . .

The Paris has the best movies!

Yeah, that club is in the perfect location, IMO.

I can see Lulu being perfectly happy in that neck of the woods. It is full pack of Europeans.

There really is something for everyone in NYC.

• Love 2

Hey, I expected at least one "Hiyeeeeeeee."  But did she even say anything?  Not even one "amazing"?  Just smiling & shaking her head around.  Oh, Kells, now thanks so much, hun, for showing us your talent.  Well, at least she didn't show us her man-boobs & barrel body she likes to show off everyday in those oddball Daily Mail pieces.

Now, I woulda really liked to have seen a Krystle/Alexis mud fight.  Damn that fuckin' SkinnyGirl dough & Jim Beam.  Yeah, that's right.  Fuck you, Jim Beam.  Cuz if you hadn't thrown that 100 mil at B, she woulda been desperate enough to do the Krystle/Alexis fight I so wanted to see.

• Love 2

I don't think Heather is afraid of Bethenney's $ or connections. I think she doesn't want to be on the losing end of a tweet/internet/fan war. Because as much as B has proven to be a raging B she has some seriously dedicated, cool-aid drinking, ride or die fans. I'm sure Heather deals with wealthier people day in/day out and Beth (like Ramona) is not the hugely connected mogul one would assume. Hell, she doesn't even have a real office. She is a product spokesmodel for all practical purposes. A very successful one but...

I think Ramona is a little brighter than we give her credit. Her yappy dog demeaner gets her out of a lot of blame but when she fights it is not random. She always knows exactly where the soft spot is or how to weave enough truth/believability into a comment to make it linger. Beth is also a master of this- I chalk it up to alcoholic parents. And possibly their own addictions/disorders.

To me Heather is the opposite side of the coin. While B & Ro are always primed for battle Heather reminds me of someone who practices every argument, aside and quip in front of the mirror like a teenage girl.

YMMV.

I agree with Scoobs to a point on Kelly. I think she is really not 'bad' because she is definitely some brand of crazy. Our trains gets to the same destination but use a different tracks.

Edited by robroy

Well obviously they were at Bethenny's longer than we were "shown." I mean, she has her hair up in a ponytail when the doorbell "supposedly" rings, and then is shown with it down and done like 15 seconds later while they are there. So clearly there is Bravo editing magic going on. And why should Bethenny be upset that they were going to Ramona's afterwards? Other than Lu, she barely knows these women.

And to be fair, Bethenny seemed to be insisting that they take things. I don't think they would have just been randomly mooching SkinnyGirl items on their way out the door.

Agree with your whole post. B told them to take stuff and why wouldn't she? She tons of her Skinny Girl crap lying around it would only benefit her for the other ladies to have it in their homes as well.

And seriously, all of this is arranged by production. It wasn't a coincidence that the assistant says, "Of course they're coming" and then like magic the door bell rings. As if a production assistant didn't text her to say they were on their way. B knew they were going to hang out a bit and then go to The Moaner's sad brunch. I suspect The Moaner didn't know they'd be late. Typical Bravo production manipulation in hopes that she'd be all worked up by the time they got there and Sonja would be three sheets to the wind.

Edited by beaker73
  • Love 2

Lu did text Ramona that they would be late so it was not totally unexpected. But I have no doubt the Bravo provided transportation found a 'scenic' route.

And now that you mention it- I bet Beth was primed to give out the merchandise so that it would be sitting out/in use at the other HWs houses during filming. She has always known how to let others market for her.

This banter is making me miss Alex's recaps. She gave some really good insight into where the editing/production monkeys were at play. And proved 5x more adept at analysis than she was at Real House Wifing. 

• Love 2
She is a product spokesmodel for all practical purposes. A very successful one but...

Oh, this gave me a giggle.  It's really quite a mystery just how involved she is with the SkinnyGirl brand anymore, isn't it?  This nonsense about using a limo (stuck in traffic all day) as her office, makes me suspicious -- that she ain't doing much these days except cashing those fat Jim Beam checks & resting on the Jim Beam dough she already got.  Sounds nice.  But this storyline about her being this dynamic Heather-like business-lady?  Eh, not buying this crapola, Bethenny.  Get an office already, hun, and maybe it might be a teensy bit more believable -- and even then not so much.  You need 2 assistants to torture mercilessly, B?  Really?  Oy.  Hello massive insecurities!

Last month, while I was on a long line by the cashiers at TJ Maxx (a discount chain here in NYC, for those not familiar), I noticed an enormous & very strange assortment of various (and heavily discounted) SG packaged food products.  I don't remember what they were exactly, but I do remember thinking they looked extremely unappealing.  Several people picked up the packages, looked at them in a puzzled way & put them back down.  I was back a few days later & the same SG packages were still there -- untouched & unsold.  A few days after that, they were all gone.  Were they all sold or just removed?  Hmmmm.  Btw, I live right by TJ's so I'm there a lot.  Er, something Sonja might wanna consider, so she doesn't have to wear moth-eaten finery from 1992.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 2
I can buy Dorinda making a mistake. Its a really stupid one.

Me too. I'm wary of applying the "racist" tag based on an incident that could have come from a place of entitlement or ignorance. But it did bug me that she clutched at him afterwards. I think she was flustered but I'm not crazy about women thinking it's okay to get grabby with a man when they don't know him. (And yes, I'm a woman.) If a male customer had grabbed at a woman's scarf, that would not have been considered cool at all.

And to be fair, Bethenny seemed to be insisting that they take things. I don't think they would have just been randomly mooching SkinnyGirl items on their way out the door.

No, but in future episodes, look for Bethenny to ask Carole how she's liking her Skinnygirl (™) Blender. (And LOL on Carole proudly saying in a TH that she took the "most expensive" item! Is she planning to hock it?)

Oh, this gave me a giggle.  It's really quite a mystery just how involved she is with the SkinnyGirl brand anymore, isn't it?  This nonsense about using a limo stuck in traffic all day as her office makes me suspicious -- that she ain't doing much these days except cashing those fat Jim Beam checks & resting on the Jim Beam dough she already got.  Sounds nice.  But this storyline about her being this dynamic Heather-like business-lady?  Eh, not buying this crapola, Bethenny.  Get an office already, hun, and maybe it might be a teensy bit more believable -- and even then not so much.  You need 2 assistants to torture mercilessly, B?  Really?  Oy.  Hello massive insecurities!

Last month, while I was on a long line by the cashiers at TJ Maxx (a discount chain here in NYC, for those not familiar), I noticed an enormous & very strange assortment of various (and heavily discounted) SG packaged food products.  I don't remember what they were exactly, but I do remember thinking they looked extremely unappealing.  Several people picked up the packages, looked at them in a puzzled way & put them back down.  I was back a few days later & the same SG packages were still there -- untouched & unsold.  A few days after that, they were all gone.  Were they all sold or just removed?  Hmmmm.  Btw, I live right by TJ's so I'm there a lot.  Er, something Sonja might wanna consider, so she doesn't have to wear moth-eaten finery from 1992.

I think Bethenny is hustling everyday. She wants the SkinnyGirl brand to be huge. I'm puzzled as to why she is slapping her logo on anything that sticks, it seems so random. Whatever her vision is for growth, she is obviously working her plan. What I don't understand is the questioning why she is still working since she hit it rich? Do successful men quit as soon as they achieve success? Whether you like her or not, the woman has drive and has had it since day one. She doesn't have to roll over and play dad now.

• Love 5

Hey, men of this type clash all the time...

Ah, well, we sure can count on Andy Cohen to show women at their worst.  Women everywhere thank you so much for that, Satan Andy, you women-hating, nasty fuck.

YES! Amen!! Hallelujah!!!

• Love 1

YES! Amen!! Hallelujah!!!

Blaming "Andy Cohen" for the acts of middle-aged, fully sentient women is ridiculous.

Bethenny is getting a million dollars to do this show. Neither she nor any of the others are puppets or slaves. They are fully functioning adults with, for the most part, no need to appear on television. They chose this life. Andy isn't in it, you ask me.

• Love 1

We will have to see how it plays out, but in the previews it didn't look like she was telling Beth she was wrong or making a judgement, just telling her how Kristen was feeling.

I do think there is a difference between the two situations. Ramona had royally pissed Heather off and insulted her. She made it clear she didn't want to include her for that reason (I will always love her for this, no matter what else she ever does). From the previews, it sounds like Beth just didn't want to include Kristen because she doesn't know her.

Maybe Bethenny doesn't want to get to know Kristen or she got to know her well enough at brunch to not want to hang with her. I prefer to think that Bethenny is loyal to her friend (Kyle) and doesn't want to associate with Kristen (friend of bg). lol

Why can't Kristen speak for herself and why does Heather have to get involved?

The funny thing is, I think Bethenny DOES have a smidgen of self-awareness - but just doesn't care. I remember a scene in S3 where she's sitting with Jason and describing herself as a damaged, shattered person. She's mentioned that before, and also copped to being caustic. I think if someone were to say to Bethenny "you're a real bitch," she'd say "I know."

I've often wondered if it's worse to be clueless of how you come across with other people, vs. KNOWING and yet not doing anything to rein it in. I don't think Bethenny's got a problem with not being introspective enough - I think it's the latter. She just doesn't care. And as long as she's got plenty of "f*ck you" money, she doesn't have to. Money buys a lot of friends and yes-people.

I have no idea about Bethenny's relationship with her daughter other than pics I see in US Weekly and the like. But if anyone is going to be able to cut through Bethenny, it's going to be her child. Not now, but give it 10 years.

I think Bethenny is self-aware and likes being bitchy--usually in a funny way (sometime to crude for many). I suspect that she is fine with her real friends and doesn't want to suffer fools anymore. Bethenny isn't perfect and she seems impatient--walked away from Ramona instead of getting into an argument with someone being irrational and over something so trivial. Kind of like how she shut down Heathers nonstop ramble (edited to look long) about Ramona. Abrasive, sure, but I think it comes from impatience and having a caustic sense of humor as well as really not giving a shit.

I think Bethenny cares about some people/issues and the rest she doesn't want to deal with (or doesn't have the time or patience for)…basically, doesn't give a shit. I don't think she is malicious, manipulative or trying to dick people over. I think she can be a bitch but isn't a "bad" person. If you want to see bad people, then just watch the Beverly Hills version. Even Luanne's manipulations aren't really bad (most likely producer driven but still not that bad) compared to the horrible manipulations of brandi splitting sisters up and everything about her and kim.

Maybe Bethenny is depressed and uses humor as a defense mechanism. I don't think she is a "bad" person at heart. I'm enjoying her and her snark/bitchiness. I've never like Ramona but felt sorry for her about Mario. However Ramona hasn't really changed and she is still a crazy bitch that I don't like…but I don't think she or any of them are really "bad" people.

Bethenny, be a bitch. Ramona, be irrational and have crazy eyes. Heather, be nosey and gossipy. Kristen, be whiney about hurt feelings. Luanne be manipulative and hook up with guys. Dorinda, keep snarking on the "old" bitches. Carole, keep screwing younger guys. Sonja, keep on partying and enjoying life. This all is fun and really lighthearted compared to BH. I/we needed this tone at this time. I like some of them and dislike others…but they all entertain me (except Kristen who hasn't had much screen time so far…let's keep it that way…lol)

• Love 4
What I don't understand is the questioning why she is still working since she hit it rich?

Well, for myself, I wasn't questioning that at all.  That's not even an interesting question.  A zillion successful women could quit working & don't.  I just wanna know what the heck she's actually doing with the SG brand.  Doesn't seem like much, if she can use a limo stuck in traffic all day as her office.  If she's really that busy, she'd find office space & get to work.  Honestly, Idk what's going on here, cuz B is so full of crap, it's hard to weed out the truth from the bullshit she spouts.  

Last month, when I was at TJ Maxx, I saw a ton of different strange-looking SkinnyGirl food products in paper-packaging, which I don't even see on her site.  Does she come up with the ideas for these different SG products herself?  Do these different SG products come & go, depending on whether they sell or not?  Or is this all done for her & her name & insignia is just slapped on the various SG products & she pretty much has nothing to do with any of this?  Like I said, it's a mystery.  Is she merely a spokesperson at this point & just letting the Jim Beam/SG dough roll in by the cart-loads?  Seems a likely scenario to me.

I suspect B has some sort of "back-end" deal, where she gets more dough, the more her crap sells.  So it would certainly motivate her to stay somehow involved with the SG brand (no matter how exactly that is).

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 3
They chose this life. Andy isn't in it, you ask me.

And if you ask me, cuz I know him, he's fully in it.  He gets off on showing women at their worst.  That these women are willing participants, doesn't make it cute or adorable.  He is exploiting these women, whether they're in it & paid decently doesn't matter.  He's still exploiting them, for his own profitable gain.  I could name a zillion examples of this.  But let's take one from this ep.  Idiot Kelly was absolutely being used here by Satan Andy.  She was too dumb to realize it & she (like Jill) is desperate to be back on the show, cuz she's a moron & a fool.  But if Satan Andy had his way & his "plan" had worked, B & Kelly would have had some sorta ugly confrontation.  The only reason it didn't happen was cuz B wasn't having it.

Moron Kelly should be grateful to B she didn't take the bait.

She wants the SkinnyGirl brand to be huge. I'm puzzled as to why she is slapping her logo on anything that sticks, it seems so random.

It does seem very random.  At first, I was totally puzzled by the SG blenders.  OK, now I get that it's for mixed drinks, but I'm still puzzled.  Her drink is already mixed, so why the need for a blender?  And this is an appliance -- a completely different type of product than liquor/mixed-drinks & food.  I'm not following the thinking here at all.

• Love 6

And if you ask me, cuz I know him, he's fully in it.  He gets off on showing women at their worst.  That these women are willing participants, doesn't make it cute or adorable.  He is exploiting these women, whether they're in it & paid decently doesn't matter.  He's still exploiting them, for his own profitable gain.

And we all watch it to where there's how many successful iterations of the Real Housewives show? If people weren't buying it, he wouldn't be selling it.

And I do watch it, so I accept my culpability. This show has a huge audience, and I don't think there's been any version of the Real Housewives that didn't get a second season. Andy is only selling a product we're all willing to buy.

• Love 6

I think DC only had one season, didn't it?  Ah, DC.  The forgotten franchise.

Bethenny, be a bitch. Ramona, be irrational and have crazy eyes. Heather, be nosey and gossipy. Kristen, be whiney about hurt feelings.

Someone needs to do a remake of the song "Forever Young" with these lyrics.

• Love 2

Ugh, Heather looks so sad trying to jive with her fantasy of Bethenny and then not getting the message.  But I have a Frankel weakness.  Any RH that seems kind of self-aware is enough to make me forget that she is probably terrible.  It's a temporary psychosis that ends with a whimper.  

Yes, these women are unusually attractive for youth obsessed narcissists.  Fucking Carole.  She's like a wisp of celery that might accidentally run for president and win. Love her.

Maybe Bethenny doesn't want to get to know Kristen or she got to know her well enough at brunch to not want to hang with her. I prefer to think that Bethenny is loyal to her friend (Kyle) and doesn't want to associate with Kristen (friend of bg). lol

Why can't Kristen speak for herself and why does Heather have to get involved?

I think Bethenny is self-aware and likes being bitchy--usually in a funny way (sometime to crude for many). I suspect that she is fine with her real friends and doesn't want to suffer fools anymore. Bethenny isn't perfect and she seems impatient--walked away from Ramona instead of getting into an argument with someone being irrational and over something so trivial. Kind of like how she shut down Heathers nonstop ramble (edited to look long) about Ramona. Abrasive, sure, but I think it comes from impatience and having a caustic sense of humor as well as really not giving a shit.

I think Bethenny cares about some people/issues and the rest she doesn't want to deal with (or doesn't have the time or patience for)…basically, doesn't give a shit. I don't think she is malicious, manipulative or trying to dick people over. I think she can be a bitch but isn't a "bad" person. If you want to see bad people, then just watch the Beverly Hills version. Even Luanne's manipulations aren't really bad (most likely producer driven but still not that bad) compared to the horrible manipulations of brandi splitting sisters up and everything about her and kim.

Maybe Bethenny is depressed and uses humor as a defense mechanism. I don't think she is a "bad" person at heart. I'm enjoying her and her snark/bitchiness. I've never like Ramona but felt sorry for her about Mario. However Ramona hasn't really changed and she is still a crazy bitch that I don't like…but I don't think she or any of them are really "bad" people.

Bethenny, be a bitch. Ramona, be irrational and have crazy eyes. Heather, be nosey and gossipy. Kristen, be whiney about hurt feelings. Luanne be manipulative and hook up with guys. Dorinda, keep snarking on the "old" bitches. Carole, keep screwing younger guys. Sonja, keep on partying and enjoying life. This all is fun and really lighthearted compared to BH. I/we needed this tone at this time. I like some of them and dislike others…but they all entertain me (except Kristen who hasn't had much screen time so far…let's keep it that way…lol)

Well, if that is Bethany being depressed, I would hate to be around her when she is not!too much.

I get that she is does not want to be bothered with stupid story lines and annoying co-workers but bitch is paid to be there, so she gotta get a grip and at least appear to be mildly in it.

Her new relationship book is ridiculous, she pushes outdated concepts and for someone who is so proud of being independent, has no problems counseling women to do stupid and subservient shit to get/keep a man.

And that crap that men are simple and easy to predict is so 1980 's.

What a bunch of bullshit!

• Love 5

Whether you like her or not, the woman has drive and has had it since day one. She doesn't have to roll over and play dad now.

Dad. Was that an intended pun? Her Dad was obsessed with his work and wildly successful and brilliant at it. YMMV I think she's trying to bypass his success to prove a point, and secondary to have enough money to never rely on anyone thanks to her feelings abut her alleged rough upbringing.

Just like Kim Richards not getting sober til she clears out the Big Kathy cobwebs in her psyche, I don't think Bethenny will quit until she similarly clears out the cobwebs of her childhood feelings of abandonment, neglect, etc.

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • Love 4
And we all watch it to where there's how many successful iterations of the Real Housewives show? If people weren't buying it, he wouldn't be selling it.

And I do watch it, so I accept my culpability. This show has a huge audience, and I don't think there's been any version of the Real Housewives that didn't get a second season. Andy is only selling a product we're all willing to buy.

Andy's exploitation of women & his misogyny is not always obvious, but when it becomes blaring, I get very uncomfortable.  His use of Kelly, the sub-moron, in this ep was uncomfortable to me.  Ah, but this was merely Andy jabbing at Bethenny, to earn her million bucks.  It's ugly.  But that is who Andy is.  To deny this aspect of him, is to deny who he is.

But I also think (and know) Andy is fascinated with people who don't have to work -- who are able to live a comfy "luxury" life without having to work.  Seems to include so many of these broads this season.  Is that the theme of the show this season?  Lu seems to do nothing, except chase men at night in outta-the-way joints.  Carole said she does nothing, except date scabby-looking teenagers.  Moaner really seems to do nothing, except pick fights over nothing.  We know Sonja does nothing, except live in her delusions.  Kristen?  Who cares?  She's a ghost.  The only one here who seems to actually work is Heather -- and yet we never see her work.  Wonder why.

I'd like to see what Bethenny is doing with SkinnyGirl.  Is she riding around Manhattan all day in a limo stuck in snarled-up traffic?  Or is she actually doing real work for her brand?  She might be, but we're not seeing it.  Btw, I wasn't bothered by Bethenny's showcasing SG products in her home.  I thought Carole's snide comments about this were snotty.  But that's who Carole is.  She clearly thinks she is hilarious.  Occasionally she's funny, but mostly I think she can be pretty freakin' nasty with her observations.  Overall, I'm really not digging her anymore.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 5

{snipped}

I'd like to see what Bethenny is doing with SkinnyGirl.  Is she riding around Manhattan all day in a limo stuck in snarled-up traffic?  Or is she actually doing real work for her brand?  She might be, but we're not seeing it.  Btw, I wasn't bothered by Bethenny's showcasing SG products in her home.  I thought Carole's snide comments about this were snotty.  But that's who Carole is.  She clearly thinks she is hilarious.  Occasionally she's funny, but mostly I think she can be pretty freakin' nasty with her observations.  Overall, I'm really not digging her anymore.

I also wasn't concerned about Bethenny hawking her brand on TV. Between losing her first apartment to Jason. Remodeling her new apartment and buying the Southampton house I would have guessed she's back on RHONY to increase her fortune. LisaV tries to have events at one of her restaurants whenever possible ...they drop in commercials as part if the show.

I agree Carole has become snotty. I'm not surprised that she and Bethenny hit it off and recently went on vacation together to Miami...two peas in a pod, lol.

• Love 2

His use of Kelly, the sub-moron, in this ep was uncomfortable to me.

Not to defend Andy - because I get your point - but Kelly is a legally competent adult who claims to have no impairments. She's able to make choices for herself, she is allowed to make contracts like the competent adult with no mental impairments or illness that she is (theoretically anyway) and Andy Cohen might be a scumbag but until Kelly is willing to admit to some form of neurodiversity or mental impairment, she's not actually allowed to claim she's being taken advantage of by Evil Andy. A lot of people like to assign Kelly some sort of diagnosis but Kelly insists she is perfectly fine and in fact, lives freely without a helper or minder and even has custody of her children. She's not some pure innocent too mentally messed up to know she's being exploited. She was asked to be on the show and accepted all on her own.

I think Bethenny is always hustling but I also think the "I'm working out of my car, I have no place to live" is somewhat staged for the cameras. Even assuming a lot of her finances are tied up due to the divorce, its not that difficult for someone of her means to say, rent a long term apartment as opposed to moving in and out of hotels, or b) set up a long term hotel stay or c) find a rental space for an office. She's actually not that incompetent so it doesn't jibe.

• Love 6
She's not some pure innocent too mentally messed up to know she's being exploited. She was asked to be on the show and accepted all on her own

I never said I thought Kelly is incompetent to make her own decisions.  She's an idiot & a fool, but she is legally competent to make her own decisions -- apparently.  I just meant he's using her (and always has been -- as far as her appearance on the show goes) & she oddly doesn't even seem to realize it.  She's not incompetent, just a dumb-dumb.  Being complicit with Satan Andy's exploitation doesn't make it any more palatable.  Like Sonja, she's just a loopy character who lives in her own little world.  Is Daily Mail exploiting her with these weird pieces they do everyday on her like this one?  Nah, not so much -- at least not in the same way.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3055768/When-ve-got-flaunt-Kelly-Bensimon-gives-ample-view-assets-risqu-sheer-set-NYC-photo-shoot.html

• Love 2

I never said I thought Kelly is incompetent to make her own decisions.  She's an idiot & a fool, but she is legally competent to make her own decisions -- apparently.  I just meant he's using her (and always has been -- as far as her appearance on the show goes) & she oddly doesn't even seem to realize it.  She's not incompetent, just a dumb-dumb.  Being complicit with Satan Andy's exploitation doesn't make it any more palatable.  Like Sonja, she's just a loopy character who lives in her own little world.  Is Daily Mail exploiting her with these weird pieces they do everyday on her like this one?  Nah, not so much -- at least not in the same way.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3055768/When-ve-got-flaunt-Kelly-Bensimon-gives-ample-view-assets-risqu-sheer-set-NYC-photo-shoot.html

I was surprised to see Kelly on the show.

Gilles could have counseled her to stay away from Bravo. It is not a good look for her.

I totally agree with you that Andy is fascinated by intergenerational wealth and it is a big part of his friendship with the Silver Fox.

Even though, he is incredibly wealthy and comes from beaucoup money himself, Andy is still a Midwesterner and maintains some of their virtues(not many lol).

Besides his penchant for banging tweaks and bashing women, Andy is quite provincial.

• Love 2

Yeah, he has this strange habit on WWHL of assuming that various actors are rolling in the residual dough. It's especially jarring when he has some child star/past-their-glory-days guest on (Lisa Whelchel comes to mind), and he just casually says something to the effect of, "you must be SO RICH with all the times your show is rerun."

The Lisa episode of WWHL was refreshing because she very candidly said that she lost all her Facts of Life money in bad investments.

As far as the topic of the episode goes... I guess I didn't mind Bethenny's SG commercial nor Carole's Oscar gifting snark?

Upon watching the episode again, I realized that no one actually ate at the brunch. What a waste of the food it appeared Bethenny was making. There was a shot of about a dozen eggs in a bowl so I assumed the brunch was to include more than drinks.

Bethenny is blessed in many, many ways - a solid career, a beautiful and healthy little girl who adores her, millions in the bank, and she's still not happy. She will never be happy and I get the impression that as much as she whines, she enjoys being unhappy. I know that sounds odd, but I know people just like her. They have the means to find happiness, but all they do is whine, whine, whine about about much life sucks. I agree with those who think Bethenny is somewhat self-aware, but completely disinterested in doing anything about it. She reminds me of a friend who constantly lists what's wrong with her life, but doesn't want to own up to her mistakes/choices and doesn't want to make changes. 

Edit: accidentally quoted someone I didn't mean to quote.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 4

I have a feeling the $100mil deal with Beam was actually a deal worth up to $100mil. So she probably got something like 20-50% upfront and has to hit certain goals to collect the rest. Also she would have had to split portions with the original partner/backer and the later guy who helped bring it together.  So to keep the $ flowing she needs to move products. And supposedly products outside of the beverage deal are hers alone. So bring on the blenders, girdles and toaster ovens!

She might annoy me at times but I have to admit she did a very good job studying and emulating Martha Steward. Always have multiple streams of products & multiple ways to get them out there. And she did have a lot of success with cookbooks prior to the drink deal- so even before Beam she had set herself up decently- but definitely not Tribecca, Soho and Hampton properties simultaneously wealth.

And the answer to why Beth is not happy is that she is Bethenney. She is her Mother's daughter, her Father's daughter and probably every single thing they said about her rolled into one.

I'll now wave into coat-gate (as opposed to dress-gate and coatcheck-gate.) I wonder if Lu wasn't saving the jacket in question for that charity she did a collection for a few years ago that dresses women transitioning into the workforce. I imagine that is an on-going event and Lu probably wanted to kill two bird with one stone- a0 off load something she can't wear too much because it was on the show and b) use it as admittance to the cocktail party. She has said she tends to hold designer duds forever & wears a lot of downmarket brands. So parting with something with a 'it's chi-chi designer xyz ahndd I wore it on the show, daling' might take a little coordination. I have heard people leaving out sold (or not for sale) items at estate sales if they have a halo effect on the lesser goods that are still selling. 

My knowledge of this show is really approaching and untold level of embarrassment. Thank gawd I have you folks and can mask it from all but a select few friends.

• Love 4