Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: Into The Ring

I've got my 8 year old niece with me for a sleepover tonight and I KNOW that Daredevil is not appropriate for young eyes so I woke up a little early this morning to get a taste of Daredevil today.

Man... they are not pulling any punches. This is brutal. And it's frightening in ways that the rest of the MCU is not. These villains are real. These are people who profit off the subjugation and victimization of others. They blackmail and threaten to harm in order to get others to do their dirty work for them and they kill those who disappoint them. These are very real stakes, stakes that exist in the world we live in. The final scenes of this episode with Matt in the gym while the various members of the organization are doing what they do was chilling.

Foggy is a delight, a definite light spot in a very dark show. And Matt... yeah. This is good stuff. The fight scenes are excellent and the way they go into Matt's back story is very well done as well. 

This is very good stuff.

• Love 15

As someone who does not know anything about the character, I thought this was a great introduction to Daredevil. I was able to understand who this guy is and what kind of world he exists in.

I liked that they tied into the Avengers and how "the incident" has impacted NYC nearly 3 years out. It kinda shows what happens after the credits roll on the big superhero blockbuster. Life won't just go back to normal. Stuff needs to be rebuilt and people are going to take advantage of that opportunity. I liked the villian talking about how when superheros and their like show up, they make money. While it is kind of questionable that such a big, important city like NYC would still be heavily rebuilding (wouldn't it have gone faster, gotten a lot of assistance and be made more of a priority to get the city back to normal?) three years out, it would have seemed weird to hear nothing about it and it fits people would still be talking about it.

ETA; Love the opening credits. Fits perfectly with the mood of the show.

Edited by Bazinga1987
  • Love 3

How long did it take to rebuild the area where the towers fell? 

Given the sheer magnitude of damage the Chitauri did -- how does one clean up alien bodies and gigantic, armored space snakes much less the building wreckage underneath -- I can see how, perhaps, some neighborhoods got more attention than others. Hell's Kitchen seems to be a place where a criminal element came in and are probably doing certain things to curtail improvement.

BTW, the scene of Matt and Karen in his apartment could have been drawn by Frank Miller. The high contrast, the light and shadow... nicely done.

• Love 4

How long did it take to rebuild the area where the towers fell? 

Given the sheer magnitude of damage the Chitauri did -- how does one clean up alien bodies and gigantic, armored space snakes much less the building wreckage underneath -- I can see how, perhaps, some neighborhoods got more attention than others. Hell's Kitchen seems to be a place where a criminal element came in and are probably doing certain things to curtail improvement.

That is a good point. I had forgotten how long it took for just that area to be rebuilt. Funny you mention the WTC attack, because I kinda see the end battle of Avengers as a kind of 9/11 for the MCU.

As someone who does not know anything about the character, I thought this was a great introduction to Daredevil. I was able to understand who this guy is and what kind of world he exists in.

Ditto. Ihave no exposure to this character at all and I felt the pilot set things up perfectly. This is one of the best pilots I have seen.

The only thing pulling me out right now is the lead's accent. It's all over the place. Is he British or Australian playing American? There is something off and it is distracting.

• Love 1

I just saw this episode. Just so good!

As others have noted, it's appropriately gritty and terrifying in a way that other properties haven't been. I like this immensely and am about to see other episodes.

Foggy? Love. Foggy and Matt's banter is true and cool. Foggy really should stop giving Bess cigars, but then, Bessie's son needs to give them back to Foggy, right? ;p

Karen? I know this story had to do a bit of 'how Karen fits into the world' work, but I hope she and Ms. Woll get to be stronger and feistier a bit. She doesn't have to equal She-Hulk strength and obvious bravery, and she showed some this episode (hiding the file). I just don't want to see Karen cry and/or cower more than absolutely necessary.

The Creel boxing notice at the end was great. As was the Mr. Prohaska name drop. I am forgetting the Marvel version, if there is one; I know Janos Prohaska was Blackhawk in DC's  universe.Still, I grinned like a loon.

I am currently loving most anything Matt/Daredevil. From KidMatt to Charlie CoxMatt, everything seems spot on. I enjoyed the opening scenes in the confessional. Foggy and Matt, if they ever leave the law, need to take their act on the road. The office walk-thru was fun.

The only thing I am not fond of is not being able to see better in the fight sequences at night. I understand the whys, in-story, but  I would like to appreciate the fight choreography more. The open credits are wonderful. I liked that the kitchen flashback was bathed in yellow, I'm sure a hat tip to Tim Sale's art.

When the human trafficker smiled at his new, bigger gun, I was all' That's not gonna help, dude.'

Gotta watch more now!

• Love 6

Regarding the amount of time to clean up the city, we're almost to the tenth anniversary of Katrina, and the Lower Ninth Ward still hasn't recovered to what it was. I'm sure Times Square is fine now in MCUNY, but it seems very realistic that non-tourist/financial areas are still rebuilding.

ETA: The Battle of New York actually really helps with the setting of Daredevil. The gentrification of Hell's Kitchen is a far cry from the seedy roots of the comic in the 1960's. But after the events of The Avengers, it's a pretty easy sell that the attack stunted the growth in the area and made it easier for the Kingpin and his ilk to move back into the neighborhood. There's now a big line drawn between real NY and MCUNY that gives them some great creative license.

Edited by kennyab
  • Love 3

I have to admit, the use of the Chitauri attack as the explanation for why Hell's Kitchen in no way resembles the real version was a good choice.  They could have just ignored the issue, but they didn't.

Charlie Cox is good (and looks great without a shirt), but Elden Henson is the best thing about the show so far.

• Love 4

Wow. I was an English major in college, so I loved the atmosphere and the dark symbolism in the sets as much as the story and acting, but this was a great beginning.

I like Matt and Foggy's give and take, and the flashbacks to young Matt and his father were bittersweet.

Can't wait to see more! Alas, real life calls, and I have to space this out. <Pout>

• Love 4

I promised myself I wouldn't binge on this all in one weekend...I want to space it out and enjoy it...but damn it this was SO GOOD!

I know the MCU has some dark corners in it, but this was dark in a way that none of the rest of the MCU tends to feel (with the possible exception of Winter Soldier), with no larger than life villains, just criminals out to hurt innocent people, and use the rise of superheros to turn a profit. 

I love how they are showing how the "normal" people are dealing with being in this comic book world now. You wouldn't have time in most super hero movies to get into how alien invasions are impacting property values! It really is amazing how committed Marvel is to making their universe full and real. Using the battle for The Avengers as a backdrop is just brilliant. I`m always interested in seeing the more day to day aspects of living in a super hero world, and it seems like this show will provide me with that.

Charlie Cox is great (I loved him in Boardwalk Empire), Foggy is great, its dark, but has some comedy in it, it has great cinematography, and it seems like they are really staying true to the spirit of the comics. 

I love Stephen DeKnight, in my opinion, his last show, Spartacus, is one of the great undiscovered TV classics of the modern era, so I had faith that this would be great, and I am so not disappointed so far! 

One of my favorite little bits? When the crime bosses were all meeting, and the one guy assumed that the Japanese guy could understand the Chinese woman, and one of the Eastern European guys his like "The man is Japanese..." in this super judgey tone. Like "I might be a human trafficker, a brute, and a criminal, but at least I`m not racially insensitive"! 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 13

Whelp. I'm all in. Going to mainline this over the weekend like the true TV Junkie I am. This is so good! I am loving all the characters and the writing is really working for me. This is dark, but not slow. 

• Love 5

I know the MCU has some dark corners in it, but this was dark in a way that none of the rest of the MCU tends to feel (with the possible exception of Winter Soldier), with no larger than life villains, just criminals out to hurt innocent people, and use the rise of superheros to turn a profit. 

I would say this was darker than Winter Soldier. All the fight scenes looked painful, with people being beaten to bloody pulps. Compare that to the elevator scene in Winter Soldier where one of the strongest people in the world beat the crap out of like 8 guys and there I don't think we saw a drop of blood.

Also that one criminal's speech about how every time heroes bust up an operation overall profit margins go up, totally reminded me of a Stinger Bell speech from The Wire.

• Love 3

I watched the pilot and I thought it was great!

Little sidenote...I've been waiting for a Daredevil series since The Trial of The Incredible Hulk all the way back in 1989.  Thought DD would make a great show back then although it's definitely better that it wasn't picked up at the time.  But that was my introduction into Daredevil, who is one of my favorite comic characters.  Read the best of the Frank Miller years (Elektra and Born Again) and have been reading regularly since 2005.

Anyway, great pilot.  I wasn't expecting the Karen case to be wrapped up in the first episode but I was glad that it was.  Made for a really good ending.

I wasn't familiar with Charlie Cox before DD but I thought he was great and he definitely was Matt.  I really liked Deborah Ann Woll as Karen too.  Great interplay between Matt and Foggy and I thought the actor playing Matt's father was good in a small role.

Agreed about the visual look.  The fighting is brutal and well-shot.  I really liked how the Battle of New York lingered over the story but not in a name-dropping kind of way.

Looking forward to watching more this weekend!

• Love 1

Absolutely loving this so far. Watching ep 3 right now, and will probably finish all of it this weekend. My favorite moment was the scene with Foggy and Matt when discussing attractive women. "How would I know?" Matt asks. "It's kind of spooky, actually," Foggy banters. Charlie Cox' laughter is so natural there. I wasn't sure what to expect from Elden Hensen (I admit, I judged a book by its cover and he looked too goofy), but he's awesome. Everyone is stellar so far, and the writing is excellent. The fight scenes are brutal, but I love how stylized Matt's fighting style is. It's very much a boxer at its root, as fits the character, but the way its choreographed makes Daredevil very distinct in style in a way I've never really noticed too much in action movies before; it certainly sets him apart from the other heroes of the MCU. They are really pulling all the stops out with this show.

Seeing this, and having watched all of the brilliance that was Agent Carter, just makes me wonder how they dropped the ball so badly with Agents of SHIELD. I hope the rest of the Netflix series keep up the quality here.

• Love 4

Just watched the pilot and was impressed.  At first, I thought it might have came off a bit to procedural, but the more it went on, the more it made a name for itself.  Plus, I think it was wise to have it involved them helping Karen, so it wasn't just a "case of the week/episode", but a regular character was involved.

Agree that the look of the show was fantastic.  Really feels different from most shows and even the rest of the Marvel Universe.  And it made some of the more talky scenes; like Matt and Karen in his apartment; still be beautiful to watch.

Thought Charlie Cox was really good on Boardwalk Empire, and I think was fantastic here as Matt.  He's obviously got the intensity down pact, but I like that he also has a wry sense of humor, and isn't just dour all the time.  Not familiar with the actor playing Foggy, but he and the character were the biggest surprises of the episode.  I like that while he is comic relief, he can still be serious when the time calls for it, and does seem to be competent.  I think the best example was him "bribing" his cop friend: a good bit of humor, but showed the hustle these guys will need.  As for Karen, I was a total Deborah Ann Woll fanboy during True Blood, so I'm more then thrilled to see her here.  Only issue I might have is that I do still think of her as Jessica at times.  But, I'm glad it looks like she's going to help them out in future episodes.

Interesting that it looks like we're going to wait to see the Kingpin, and for now, we only heard his voice, and see this mysterious assistant of his.  Still, the assistant was fun.  Also am interested in these other villains; Bob Gunton's character, the Japanese mobsters, the Russians; who I'm guessing will all be targets for Matt throughout the season.

Totally love that the Battle of New York from The Avengers, is being mentioned in this show.  Cross-synergy at it's best!

Onto the second episode!

• Love 2

I'm going to have to watch this again, on the large television, rather than my kindle. I'm not a huge fan of comic books, and have never seen Daredevil before, nor did I watch The Avengers. I really liked this, though. I wish that I'd known that it premiered yesterday - I would have watched it in the afternoon, when I was more awake.

• Love 1

The fight scenes are brutal, but I love how stylized Matt's fighting style is. It's very much a boxer at its root, as fits the character, but the way its choreographed makes Daredevil very distinct in style in a way I've never really noticed too much in action movies before; it certainly sets him apart from the other heroes of the MCU. They are really pulling all the stops out with this show.

I saw a lot of muay thai, Brazilian ju jitsu, and krav maga as well as boxing in his fighting style, and even though a lot of the MMA stuff shows up in action shows these days, I thought it was really well done here, and I agree it seemed fresher and cleaner than a lot of stuff we see.

Totally love that the Battle of New York from The Avengers, is being mentioned in this show.  Cross-synergy at it's best!

I am a moron, because I did not realize that's what "the incident" was referencing. I just kept thinking "what is The Incident! I must know about this Incident!" Doy.

But I really enjoyed the pilot and am definitely in for the rest. I loved the darkness (both metaphoric and literal). I didn't really have a problem with Charlie Cox's accent or notice it too much, and I have never had a problem with the way he looks - delicious, and whatever he's done body-wise to prepare to play a superhero works for me. I will go slightly against the tide by saying I felt Foggy was a little too broad and glib for my tastes, but I'm weak so he'll probably grow on me. And my only other problem is that, as a lawyer, I have to put blinders on to all the terrible and terribly unrealistic lawyering that goes on, but that's no different from any show that deals with lawyers. Stick to the fighty fight, Daredevil!

Edited by stanleyk
  • Love 1

So far I have only watched the first episode (and yes it is soooo much better then the Ben Afleck debacle).  I am not sure if it is my computer but it looks a little dark to me and not the kind of dark i like.  The fight scenes are good enough that for someone who has never been in a fight that they are real.   The rest of it is interesting enough for a Marvel tv show.   The storyline is interesting enough.   The characters are interesting,.  I like the bad guy assistant dude.     I am not sure how fast I will watch the show (oh who am I kidding odds are I will get through it by the end of the weekend) but this so far looks of be a hit for me.  

Totally love that the Battle of New York from The Avengers, is being mentioned in this show.  Cross-synergy at it's best!

ooooooh.  Ok makes sense now since I all the Marvel shows are being put into the same universe for you know cross over purposes.    Or cross-whatever purposes.   

Edited by Chaos Theory

I really, really like it. Weirdly, I don't think I'd watch something this dark if there wasn't a superhero on board. It feels like it would be on a "prestige" network if there wasn't a dude in spandex flipping around.

I like Foggy more than I thought I would. Maybe even more than Matt, and I like him too. Karen is Deborah Ann Woll so I was prepared to like her anyway, and the pilot was a decent introduction to her. The three of them forming their broke little trio in a run down office to help the helpless gives me strong Angel season 1 vibes. I LOVE it and I'm so excited to see how it grows.

This may be the first superhero show geared inherently to adults. And it captures exactly what an adult needs to believe in a superhero - true to life villains who do those things that children are shielded from. Matt's pursuit of justice seems overwhelming and in some ways he's fighting the whole world. It's bleak and scary and somehow delivers the same reassurance that superheroes do for kids but in an adult world. Instead of providing a distraction from actual problems, Daredevil is all about them and yet still makes me hopeful instead of heartsick. It's encouraging. Dark, but the genre still works its magic.

• Love 3

The fact that the end if the episode ended with a newspaper bit, it made me wonder if future Marvel shows will feature The Daily Bugle. Now that disney and sony have their deal and Spiderman is part of the universe it would make sense.

I really like that Daredevil is a street level hero. It almost seems crazy that the MCU has been a thing since 2008 and this is the first hero who fights robbers, mobsters and other basic criminals. I always liked those guys better than the ones who save the world.

Edited by Kel Varnsen
  • Love 3

As someone who knows pretty much nothing (what was The Incident?) about the Marvel Universe, I really enjoyed this, nonetheless.  I tend to like darker shows, though, so that's likely what's drawing me in.  I'm curious to see how they'll deal with the "hero" being just as dangerous as the villains.  Aren't they all men fighting with their demons?

• Love 2

Going in, I had low expectations, expectations that they were just going to Dark-Knight another superhero. But then the early scene in the confessional reminded me of Alec Baldwin's riveting monologue in Heaven's Prisoner's. Instantly, I got my hopes up. It's really a relief that Daredevil is really good. (At least the 2 episodes I've watched so far are.) Anyway, I'm in. Busy weekend, but I'll find the time.

Whenever I see Toby Leonard Moore, I think "Hey, it's that guy from Dollhouse!" even though I've seen him in The Pacific and a couple other shows since. I like his performance here. He's taking a stock character and making him charismatic and interesting. Well done, That-Guy.

• Love 1

Just saw the first episode and like it so far. The way they shows Matt's powers is pretty cool. When they mentioned "the incident" I realized they were talking about the Chitauri invasion from The Avengers. Pretty cool.  I recognize the actor who plays Foggy from The Mighty Ducks. Also already liking the sexual tension between Matt and Karen. Also like that the evil warden from Shawshank Redemption is playing a bad guy again here but this time he's funny.

• Love 1

I can't say that there's anything you've all written that I don't agree with.  We really enjoyed this and the gritty reality of it was really well done.  That fight scene at the end, in the ally in the rain?  Wow.  Simply fantastic.  I like that we get a hero who gets hurt and who tires out because I think it makes things even more intense.

• Love 1

Oh, Marvel, how can you produce television that is as engaging and genuinely exciting as this and Agent Carter, while also serving up the limp, drab, lifeless Agents of SHIELD as your 'flagship show'? A question I'll never be able to answer.

This was good. Really good. Dark, gritty, earthed in the street level crime and grime that felt immediately familiar and comfortable for a character like Daredevil. Loved the combination of street gangs and corporate crime, and how they feed into, and off of, one another. Chechen gangsters and business moguls at meetings together, sweatshop bosses and petty politicians. All, obviously, brought together by the big bad (whenever he might deign to appear). And I really liked the attention paid to the happenings of the larger Marvel Cinematic Universe, and the realisation that all the heroism and derring do of the grand, celebrity heroes creates a lot of parasites and leeches, to take advantage of the opportunities that come up.

Which is why you need guys like Daredevil, who would never try to take on Loki or Ultron, but will damned well take on human traffickers and drug pushers. Speaking of, I think Charlie Cox did an excellent job in this pilot. Charismatic and engaging in a low key, restrained way that you can understand draws in the women that Matt Murdock has always been able to attract. I don't want to compare this to the movie, but I always thought Ben Affleck was too 'big' for Murdock. Not physically, but he was just too obviously a hero, if that makes sense. Cox is less clean cut. I'm really eager to see where he takes a character who has long been one of Marvel's most morally conflicted characters.

All Foggy really did in this episode was make me wonder anew at the daft names Stan Lee and his writers liked to give to their heroes' friends. He was okay, I guess, but I'm not here for him.

Karen Page was okay as well. Pretty and good at being vulnerable, but she seems like there might be a bit of fight in her. I wasn't too keen on the scene where she suddenly forgets her problems to ask about how Matt deals with being blind, though. She just seemed too carefree, and not deliberately so. But it was a clunky bit of expositional stuff, so I'll let them off for that.

As for action scenes, the darkness of them didn't bother me. An action scene has to be really extremely well done for me to even care about it (the Bourne movies are good examples of how to do it). Otherwise, I'm completely uninterested in them. I know the hero will win the fight, or at least survive, so I generally find long fight scenes boring and redundant to my enjoyment. So by all means, smother them in darkness, show. 

Anyway, I'm definitely going to watch the rest of this season.

Edited by Danny Franks
  • Love 1

The fighting is really good. There was a trend for a long time where fighting was so stylized and choreographed that never seemed to be any real physical consequences. Murdock gets his ass kicked and it's pretty uncomfortable to watch.

This show is also beautifully shot and very atmospheric. 

Deborah Ann Woll was the best part of True Blood most of the time and I'm glad she's in this. 

I wasn't sure if I'll like this, but I did. The dark, noir-ish atmosphere and the way it contrasts with the usually rather cheery MCU filled with heroes and larger than life villains is what drew me in, and then I also like all the leads, which doesn't happen often for me. Deborah Ann Woll managed to make Karen, who was thrust into the usually very annoying role of damsel in distress, actually compelling, Foggy provides a well-needed comic relief and an easy sense of camaraderie, while Matt is simply interesting and has an obvious moral backbone. One thing I didn't understand after the pilot is superpowers... Where did he get the super-hearing? Although I suppose it will be answered soon.

Didn't mind the darkness in the fight scenes at all. They were really well done and felt fittingly brutal.

The three of them forming their broke little trio in a run down office to help the helpless gives me strong Angel season 1 vibes. I LOVE it and I'm so excited to see how it grows.

Haha, this is probably why I liked it so much! Angel is my favorite show, and now that you've mentioned it, I kinda can see the resemblance (don't think Goddard and DeKnight ever wrote for it, but they do have the Whedon connection, anyway).

Edited by FurryFury

The fighting is really good. There was a trend for a long time where fighting was so stylized and choreographed that never seemed to be any real physical consequences. Murdock gets his ass kicked and it's pretty uncomfortable to watch.

I enjoy the stylized and choreographed fight scenes (except I do tend to lose interest, like Danny Franks, if they go on too long), but this was a nice change of pace.  Well, not nice....it was, as you said, uncomfortable to watch, but you know what I mean.

Is there any connection between Foggy and Fogwell's Gym?  Did I miss something on the show or is there something in the comic strip that may eventually come to light?  Or is it just a coincidence?

Foggy reminds me of Oliver Platt.

Edited by Shannon L.
  • Love 1

I really enjoyed it.  It's probably the best pilot (or first episode) of anything I have seen in a longtime.  Charlie Cox, who always stole his scenes in Boardwalk Empire, is just outstanding.  So charismatic and so on point with the perfect mix of being a tough guy yet vulnerable at the core too. I think it's a deceptively hard and complicated part.

It's also very nice to see Deborah Ann Woll play something else  besides Jessica.  I think she really brings the character to life in what could a very boring, rote part. 

I had no idea that I would be so taken in by young Matt's father.  what a good actor making the very most of his limited screentime. 

Just a great beginning all the way around that leaves me excited not just for the rest of these episodes but the other series to come as well.

• Love 2

Oh, Marvel, how can you produce television that is as engaging and genuinely exciting as this and Agent Carter, while also serving up the limp, drab, lifeless Agents of SHIELD as your 'flagship show'? A question I'll never be able to answer.

As someone who has one more episode of season 2 of Shield to watch, (and I'm enjoying it and think it's getting better with each episode) the only thing I can think of is because it's a multi-season show (which Agent Carter is not--but, wouldn't it be great if they surprised us with another season?!) on a regular network and because of the target audience.  The Avengers is for people of a wide range of ages, but Daredevil , which is on a paid streaming service, is way too dark and gritty for most kids under 13 (imo-what parents let their kids watch is their own business no matter how I may feel about it). 

I'm enjoying all of the Marvel movies and shows, but you can't really compare Daredevil to the others because it's a whole different thing altogether.  I am glad, though, that they referenced The Avengers for those of us who are following all of them.

Edited by Shannon L.
  • Love 3

As someone who has one more episode of season 2 of Shield to watch, (and I'm enjoying it and think it's getting better with each episode) the only thing I can think of is because it's a multi-season show (which Agent Carter is not--but, wouldn't it be great if they surprised us with another season?!) on a regular network and because of the target audience.  The Avengers is for people of a wide range of ages, but Daredevil , which is on a paid streaming service, is way to dark and gritty for most kids under 13 (imo-what parents let their kids watch is their own business no matter how I may feel about it). 

You are totally right about this, although it makes me wonder if Marvel would ever put out an R rated movie set in the MCU.

You are totally right about this, although it makes me wonder if Marvel would ever put out an R rated movie set in the MCU.

Dr. Strange is supposed to veer more into the horror genre... that's got possibilities.

• Love 1

I think Deadpool is rumoured to be aiming for an R rating, but it's not strictly Marvel.  I'd absolutely love it if they did an R rated X-Factor Investigations show/movie. That would work like a charm with this Netflix format. Sadly, the rights to the characters all probably belong to Fox.

I think the problem with a movie is that it would inevitably be a part of the Marvel media whirlwind, and kids would be hopping about demanding to see it. So commercially, it wouldn't be a good move to make it an R. Dr. Strange possibly, but I imagine it will be a very tame horror, with a few jumpy bits to keep people on edge.

Okay, I'll be lucky to get two a day in, but slow-binge away!  The action scenes were well done, and the tone met my interpretation of the Daredevil story.  (Miller-esque, but without the cartoon assassins (Elektra, Bullseye.))  [Note:  Bullseye is one of my favorite low-power villains, I remember him being on trial, and the court was dumb enough to let him get his hands on something he could throw while on the witness stand.  He escaped.]

I like the way that, while Foggy is played as the comic relief, he's also the one interested in paying the bills.

There was a newspaper scene?  I'll have to rewatch the end before Ep. 2.  And, was the father of the kidnapping victim at the end someone we had seen earlier - or were the (Russians) performing a random snatch and grab?

---

Edit: Oh, and I think the reason Agents of Shield was so uneven (for the first season, haven't seen the second,) is that it was tied in so strongly to the MCU movies.  (Thor: Dark World, and CA:Winter Soldier especially.)

Edited by Way Wes Jr

I think Deadpool is rumoured to be aiming for an R rating, but it's not strictly Marvel.  I'd absolutely love it if they did an R rated X-Factor Investigations show/movie. That would work like a charm with this Netflix format. Sadly, the rights to the characters all probably belong to Fox.

Nope, Marvel still controls the TV rights to X-Men.

Nope, Marvel still controls the TV rights to X-Men.

Do they?! The last few rounds of animated attempts were still Fox, weren't they?

If Marvel has the TV rights to X-Men... I really wish they'd do something with that even though I know they won't because they don't want to give anything to Fox and their movies.

Alas.