Type keyword(s) to search

S30.E07: The Line Will Be Drawn Tonight

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

Merica, Lol, God bless them.  I couldn't understand what Blue was offering Tyler or Will to vote with them, I could see no benefit to them.  At least they all agreed with the title, lines were drawn tonight.  Loved the vote and so glad Jenn played the HII.  So long Kelly, the rest of Blue can follow.

• Love 24
(edited)

I freaking LOVE Jenn.  Bee sting to the honey pot and she still hung on.  Laughing and crying while doing so.  I'm hoping that her edit is going in the direction of 'winner' rather than getting blindsided down the road.  I never liked that particular challenge.  Not surprised Will and Dan 'tougher than I look' were the first two to drop. It seemed like a lot of people dropped early.  Kudos to Carolyn, who was wanted out early for being old and weak, for hanging in there and not struggling to the end.  I actually thought she might win it over Joe, who looked to be struggling early on.  And yeah, Mike, he could win them all.  It is possible.  Why Mike wasn't targeted, I don't know.  She must have been more of a threat out there than we were shown, especially for Rodney to trust her.  So much for Rodney's big talk about getting revenge.

Seeing so much of Kelly in the beginning and the talk of numbers on the blue side, I figured she was the one getting booted.  I felt like I saw more of Tyler in the first 5 minutes than I've seen all season.  And then the talk of numbers, bringing Will over, Mike's power trip, that was no surprise.  Rodney's outburst that wasn't was kind of disappointing, but maybe he actually learned how to dial it back.  Loved Will at TC with his 'you might get voted off tonight Jeff'.  Did he really turn on his former tribe?  Why the hell is anyone siding with the blue collars?  After tonight shouldn't it be obvious you aren't breaking them up?  I guess since Sierra's no longer a swing vote she's fading to the background again.  If Jenn hadn't played her idol, this episode would have been a freaking snooze.  And it was, up until that moment.  What was with all the graphic cutting, knives, chainsaws, bombs, ice pick references?  And how has no one at BC found the idol yet?     

When Dan was coming up towards Jenn on the beach and warned her about the water, I thought for sure we were getting his underwear story again.  He almost seemed annoyed by Jenn's advice, and I expected some snide remark.  Hey, you can still be blue collar and show pain buddy.  It means you're human.

Merica?  Really?  I agree with Shirin about the stupid name, but she lost points by bringing up Sarah Palin.  That woman has said enough stupid things to make up for not using Merica.  America's education system at its finest.  Maybe that's why no one can spell names on here.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 10

More confusion on Rodney's face. Well, it's not hard, for him. Jen was smart to play her idol, obviously, but now she knows the team is gunning for her. She's going to have to scramble to find another one, or win immunity, or off she goes.

I cannot read Tyler at all. His face never changes.

Loved the vulture making an appearance at the new camp as they arrived. The animals always know what's coming, don't they? :)

I hate the pole challenge. I always fear someone's going to rip off a toe.

• Love 5

Screw Carolyn, Tyler, and Will. I hope they eat that vote.

Jenn just edged out Joe as my favorite. I'd love for them and Hali to make final three.

Sierra took Tyler's place of irrelevance. 

Bye, Kelly. Your game-play sucked.

• Love 24
(edited)

Go Jen!!! She went with her gut and it paid off. That said, the lines were clearly drawn there so she, Hali and Joe are on borrowed time unless they can pull some magic. And wow Will, way to jump ship fast. I have to believe that Will knew Tyler and Carolyn were siding with the Blue Collars and he figured it was best to try to go with the majority because if not, I can't understand jumping from your four person group to go with a five person group who have no reason to have any loyalty to him and who he'll be on the bottom of. 

I'm actually surprised Tyler and Carolyn went with the Blue Collars. Blue Collars are five strong, they have shown that no matter what they stick with each other, they're loaded with guys which I think would be an issue since they all seem to think Joe is this huge threat and I know it's because he's a young guy. Carolyn spoke to Will with Rodney so she had to know that he wasn't ride or die with the No Collars which means he'd be willing to turn on them down the road. It just seems to me that No Collars would have been a better move than Mike and company. But I guess that's the beauty of what the editing doesn't show. Who knows what really went down for them to make that decision.

eta: I just saw the vote reveal and Will was the one who voted Hali which means he wasn't told that the plan had shifted to Jen. Nice Will, jumping ship from your alliance to one where they don't even tell him the vote changes. 

Also, Shirin may be annoying but damn if she didn't have me cracking up when she was ragging on the new tribe name. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 9
(edited)

Love the pole challenge, because women have a good chance to win it.  Carolyn almost won it tonight.  I think she looked strong and flexible like an older woman who is an expert yoga practicioner.  Go Carolyn!

Edited by susannot
  • Love 9
(edited)

I don't understand what Will or Tyler/Carolyn were being offered, either.  Unless it was assuming they would get in with the bottom feeders of the blue alliance.  Jenn/Joe/Hali/Shirin are safe this week, but I hope something big happens next week to save them.  Unless Will flips back, or just threw his vote as part of  strategy to draw Rodney in, they are still really outnumbered.  Maybe it'll open Tyler/Carolyn's eyes a little bit?  I was really disappointed Carolyn went with the blues.  Maybe a good way to not show your a power couple is vote with the person you're in a 2 person alliance with.

ETA: I believe Will was being told they were voting for Hali because Mike wanted to see if they could trust him.  The plan was to vote for Jenn, but tell Will they were voting for Hali and see if her name came up.  Why Will did it, I don't know.  I feel like with each passing week, I'm losing more and more people to root for.  Right now it's Jenn/Hali/Joe/Shirin for me.  On the fence with Carolyn/Tyler/Sierra/Will.  Mike/Dan/Rodney can go get stung by all the bees and jelly fish that are out there.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 16

That was entertaining.  Jenn isn't my favorite player, but she played that well and I'll give her props.  And more props for lasting on that pole as long as she did when she was stung.

Kudos to Carolyn for hanging on so long, too.

Am I the only one who was hoping that when they got back to camp post-merge and had to start building again, that they'd actually put in all the labor and then find out they'd just gone to the wrong place?

• Love 12

I face-palmed when they decided on Merica. That will go down in the annals of Survivor as the most stupid tribe name ever.

They've been the first tribe to actually make themselves their own meme. Lord, what a horrible tribe name.

• Love 10
(edited)

See now while once I thought Shirin was annoying, now I think she's a delight. Yes Sarah Palin has said some brilliantly idiotic things, but Shirin is right. Not even Palin has said something so ridiculous. I want to be Shirin's friend now, even though she has NO poker face and overreacts too early.

I thought for sure when Jeff read the Hali vote that they flipped it and Jen blew her idol. Love that it went the other way.

But Tyler and Carolyn voted with Blue Collar. Interesting.

Merica. For cod's sack. Shut up, Mike.

Edited by mojoween
  • Love 23
I just saw the vote reveal and Will was the one who voted Hali which means he wasn't told that the plan had shifted to Jen.

I thought Mike deliberately had Will vote for Hali to test his loyalty.

• Love 13

The genius of that play is marred slightly by the fact she seemed to have no idea that Will had flipped.   (I'm not sure if will flipped because he actually bought Rodney's final 4 thing.  )

The thing is Will just learned his new alliance lied to him.  So he knows just how low he is in their estimation.  Idiot.

As for Tyler and Carolyn, I think their believe they can get No collar out then exploit the cracks in Blue Collar they know are there.   Rodney and Sierra for example.  Either way they bought three days , they really need to be smart in how they follow up after.  No hard feeligs but now's the time to get them when they are on the back foot. 

It's funny the one time they really should have thought about splitting the votes it never came up

• Love 21

I really worried that they might have split the vote between Jenn and Hali.  Did it really never dawn on them about idols until tonight?  Or were they too busy trying to act all blue collar to think about it?

• Love 10

Boom!  Glad to see Kelly gone.  Nice idol play, but they're still down 7 - 4.  I don't understand how Tyler and Carolyn don't realize they are on "the bottom" of whatever side they pick, at least initially.

With Rodney such an obvious goat / target that may be why they went that way.  Did they really believe Mike would keep them to whack other Blues later??

Now with Kelly gone, that changes a bit.  BTW, did she make jury?  I didn't hear "first member..."

Shirin seems to have gotten a bit of a clue, but that "merica" whining TH was really bad.

It's "Murika"  Mike.  I'm getting tired of you,

Dan must have heard about Max's feet in the water pot.  LOL.  I thought he handled that well, for Dan.

• Love 2

There people are SO DUMB.  Merica, ugh.

But credit to Jenn, who I have to believe thinks that name is stupid too.  She seems like the type.  She did well and was generally kind of awesome.

I'll figure out if there's anyone vaguely likeable and where I think this is going in a bit.

• Love 4
(edited)

LOL once again on part of Rodney's plans not working. He's 0-2 LMAO, what an idiot.

Don't like Jen but smart of her to play it. While people didn't bother to try and figure out who had the idol, there mistake and good on Jen for keeping it hidden and not letting anyone know that she had it until TC. 

No Collar really gonna have to scramble because it looks like White Collar and Blue Collar are gonna be working together since Kelly got like 3 votes from Joe, Jen, Shirin, & Hali while Will voted for Hali, and the rest voted for Jen. 

Will is such a flip flopper, he just can't be trust at all and why he would want to align himself with Rodney over his own original tribe mates is more than likely gonna come back to bite him. Will should know that he's at the bottom of that alliance, cause if Mike and Rodney are gonna be working together to have numbers and already have all of the blue tribe on their side, he's pretty much expendable. No Collar should be able to pick up on that soon.

IDK how Rodney thinks he can take out Dan, Sierra, and Mike with just Carolyn, Tyler, & Will. He's gonna want to get back up from the No Collar tribe but highly doubt no collar is gonna wanna work with him now that the lines been drawn so to speak.

I was so happy that Joe won the immunity, he's gonna have to keep winning them because the minute he doesn't, he's out of the game. Which I'll be sad cause he's like the only person I'm rooting for. I'm still on the fence with Tyler but if Tyler aligns himself with Rodney then ugh, I can't root for him. 

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 6

Jenn/Joe/Hali/Shirin are safe this week, but I hope something big happens next week to save them.

There's still a HII at the Merica camp, right? It was the old Blue camp and they were all too "stoopid" to find one.

• Love 7

Boom!  Glad to see Kelly gone.  Nice idol play, but they're still down 7 - 4.  I don't understand how Tyler and Carolyn don't realize they are on "the bottom" of whatever side they pick, at least initially.

We had Hali's confessional last week about David being Goliath. Little foreshadowing perhaps? I like the No Collars chances.

• Love 4
(edited)

eta: I just saw the vote reveal and Will was the one who voted Hali which means he wasn't told that the plan had shifted to Jen. Nice Will, jumping ship from your alliance to one where they don't even tell him the vote changes. 

They didn't change the vote on him, they told him to vote Hali as a test.   If he had gone back to no collar with that info, Jen would have played the idol for Hali and they would have been screwed.  But I don't think anyone on Blue Collar was thinking of idols....Rodney even said he assumed no one had one because no one had mentioned one.  He's clearly an idiot for missing the "hidden" part of those idols.

Edited by KaveDweller
  • Love 15
(edited)

Mike's way too confident.  It's why I was hoping they would boot him tonight.  Dan and Kelly would be fish out of water without him.  

I loved Carolyn back at camp, playfully cursing at Joe that he wouldn't let her win for her kids.  Glad Joe and his hair are also around another week.  Usually I enjoy when they get to the merge, but I really am over this whole collar theme.  Praying to the Survivor gods it's a normal, non theme season next time.  And I wonder if they overestimated that the viewing audience might have wanted to see what they consider to be a blue collar winning or excelling in this season, because aside from Sierra, none of the blues are popular anywhere online that I've looked.  I know online is very small compared to overall viewing base, but I would think there's a lot of others out there feeling the same.  Could be I'm way off.

There's still a HII at the Merica camp, right? It was the old Blue camp and they were all too "stoopid" to find one.

Carolyn still has her idol, wonder if she'll get blindsided with it or if she'll be forced to get it out there.  I wouldn't get too cushy if I were her and Tyler.  Thought I agree with the logic that they were probably hoping they could get Will on their side, and maybe bring over the bottom feeder blues at the end.

Edited by GenL
Preview Talk
  • Love 4
(edited)

That was awesome! So glad Jenn played her idol, the look of shock and disbelief on Rodney's face was priceless!

And I agree it's ironic they didn't split votes the one time they needed to so far. Classic.

Edited by ihartcoffee
  • Love 15
(edited)

They didn't change the vote on him, they told him to vote Hali as a test.   If he had gone back to no collar with that info, Jen would have played the idol for Hali and they would have been screwed.  But I don't think anyone on Blue Collar was thinking of idols....Rodney even said he assumed no one had one because no one had mentioned one.  He's clearly an idiot for missing the "hidden" part of those idols.

Didn't they split the vote for Sierra and her friend cause they were worried about Idols?  

Edited by GenL
Preview Talk
  • Love 6

I think Will will go crawling back to No collar and Shirin next week. Then maybe they can pull in Mike who lost his biggest ally with telling him how Rodney is targeting him in next weeks episode

• Love 1
(edited)

Didn't they split the vote for Sierra and her friend cause they were worried about Idols?  

As much as wish it was either Rodney or Mike going I think Kelly may have been the better choice.  Both Mike and Rodney were counting on her

That's right they did.  So I guess they were thinking about idols, but weren't tonight? Maybe they didn't think they had the numbers?

Rodney's still an idiot for what he said about no one talking about having one though.

Oh...what the hell was Hali going on about her graduating from law school and she loves the Constitution so 'Merica is a great name?

I thought she said she was going to be a criminal defense attorney which means she's "part of the Constitution."  Which sounded even dumber than the tribe name.

If I was ever on Survivor I would recommend naming ourselves "Tribe Awesome."  Because I think it would just be hilarious to have that pop up on screen all the time.

Edited by GenL
Preview Talk
  • Love 10

Oh...what the hell was Hali going on about her graduating from law school and she loves the Constitution so 'Merica is a great name?

I half wondered if she was being sarcastic at that, but I'm thinking not.  Mike and his minions seemed to be the only ones really excited about the name.  Most everyone else seemed to go along with it.

I kind of like the name "Merica" reminds me of some joking around in the past.  No Collar really congratulated themselves after Jenn played her idol.  However, I don't think they actually did any math or they would realize they are the minority and not long for the game unless something changes.  As for Will, he already knew that he was at the bottom of his tribe and how tight the other three are so maybe he thinks he has a better chance of creating a sub alliance if he switches to the BC tribe.  Should be interesting...

• Love 4

The criminal justice system is her #2 passion in life.

• Love 6

While Jeff was reading the votes, before Kelly's name came up, Jenn was rejoicing and high fiving Hali while it still looked like Hali might be the one going home. I hope Hali caught on that Jenn likes herself and chickens.

I have a feeling that while Mike was so cleverly testing Will's loyalty, he lost Will to the other side.

• Love 5

acts like Lady Mary

What do you mean, Lady Mary always acts like she has a stick up her butt and looks down her nose at everyone else.  I don't see that in Jenn.

I'm hoping the prospect of a 3rd HII and Rodney once again screwing it up for Blue tribe will save Joe, Jenn and Hali.

• Love 3
(edited)

Jenn and the gang were probably prematurely celebrating, especially if next week they start getting picked off.  But I figure let them have it.  They got a blindside in.  Rodney looked more stumped than anyone up there (again).  Last week was understandable, but I wonder if he worries that Will will realize he was tricked.  Of course Will would have seen that anyway, even if Jen went home.  So happy she's still there, at least someone to watch who's playing the game.  Kelly was Mike's vote.  That was all she was good for.  And Survivor is about chances, but what the heck did Will/Tyler/Carolyn think would happen if they couldn't crack the blues in the end?

And maybe Rodney really doesn't understand how it works.  I wouldn't be surprised if he really thought he could vote Jeff off!

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1

It's "Murika"  Mike.  I'm getting tired of you,

HA!  Love it. 

I am baffled as to why Tyler and Carolyn went with blue.  The editing must have ditched their reasoning.  I would like to know.  Certainly Carolyn could not believe Rodney and his final 4, right?  Is there something else up her and Tyler's sleeve.  Mike?  Why?  You were in a position to be on a team that could wipe the blues out.  

• Love 3
(edited)

No, she is not on the jury.

Then that should mean we'll have a final 2.  Funny, after all of Mike's gyrations to save her at that challenge last week, it was to no avail because of one of the best idol uses ever.

Edited by PaperTree
  • Love 9