Type keyword(s) to search

S20.E03: Latin Night

• Start Topic

LOL on Bruno insulting Barbie's intelligence.  TG she's gone, there's no substance there, in more ways than one.

WTF was Suzanne wearing? She can go too.

Love Patti, but no.

Nastia and Derek are still missing the connection, all the technique, but no It factor, but of course the highest scores.

Wow on Chris' AT! Was not expecting that.

And WOW on Noah's AT, disability aside, props to Sharna on the choreo!  They deserved another week after that.

Overall, just not feeling this season, I liked the Peanuts "All" ad "for all the Pigpens out there" more than this episode.

• Love 2

The Nastia/Derek package didn't do Derek any favors at all.  Really if he didn't have the time to devote to his partner, then he shouldn't have done this season.  I have defended Derek in the past because I think some of the criticism launched at him is over the top, but no partner deserves half of Derek's effort.  It would be one thing if the shortage of rehearsal time was due to Nastia's schedule because then it would be on her, but that's not the case.  At least the show acknowledged how much time Henry is putting in.  Plus how can Nastia forge chemistry with her partner when she barely sees him.  The routine was just kind of meh as Nastia's performance quality isn't great, though I'm sure it was good technically.

Riker/Allison were my favorite routine of the night.  Yes, I know he has dance experience but I don't care.  Rumer was good too.  She probably was underscored a tad by going first.  Plus I think the show is trying to craft a storyline for her and make her the underdog. The only thing I think Rumer is lacking a little bit is in her performance quality.  She's ahead of Nastia in that regard, but shouldn't you look happy dancing a disco salsa?   If you don't look like you're having fun dancing a disco, then when are you going to look like you are having fun?  I think she needs to relax a tad.

Willow does need to work on her core, but is going to continue to get better and better.   I continue to enjoy Robert.

No surprise on Charlotte.  Sorry Keo.  I didn't like Charlotte, but Bruno's comment to her was awful.

Edited by spanana
  • Love 16

So Henry does most of the sweaty practice work and Derek gets to swoop in and take spotlight and the glory on show night? Interesting. I'd vote for Nastia if she was dancing with Henry every week ON the show.

And WOW. It's not just social media that was bullying Charlotte. BRUNO!  Yeah, she's not the brightest bulb in the string, but day-um, dude.

Rumer, underscored. The curse of going first. 

• Love 6

I am glad that Charlotte and her bad attitude are gone.  Poor Keo.

Willow and Noah were the most impressive to me.  Chris did a good job too.  Riker and Rumer may be technically good, but they do not interest me.  Same for Nastia and Golden Boy.

• Love 2

So Henry does most of the sweaty practice work and Derek gets to swoop in and take spotlight and the glory on show night? Interesting. I'd vote for Nastia if she was dancing with Henry every week ON the show.

Hmm.  I didn't see that at all.

We all know who Len wants to win with that "best dance of the season" nonsense.

Edited by superdeluxe

I really liked Mark's concept - it reminded me a lot of Tristan's Devil Went Down to Georgia jive with Nancy Grace. I wish I could see both dances with partners that can do them justice.

There was something off about Chris's dance. It's like he doesn't know where to put his feet, and I think it was really obvious when he was doing his spins and walks across the floor.

Holy crap on Noah's tango. I had reservations about it because it's usually all lifts and I wasn't sure how it would go with Noah, but dude is strong. I liked it a lot.

The best part of the night was after Patti's dance and Robert and Michael joined Keo and ... Tony? in the shirtless club in the skybox.

No but seriously, what the hell is going on with Marks's hair? I fear we're seeing the beginnings of when he went from British gentleman to guyliner and spats and seemed to lose his mind. No words...

Rumer & Val - I'm very ambivalent about this dance. It was fun and danced well, the lifts were pretty good but I didn't really see much salsa in my opinion and I'm really surprised that Len loved it as much as he did. Even going as far as calling it the best dance he'd seen all three weeks. Like say what now? Also, this was the first time I felt Rumer seemed a little unsure and cautious. 

Charlotte & Keo - I guess it doesn't really matter anymore since she went home, no big surprise. That said, you know how people sometimes say that rumba is just a series of poses and walking? Well Charlotte was the definition of that tonight. There was no fluidity and flow happening there and no hip action. Just pose here and pose there. 

Michael & Peta - I didn't really love this choreography from Peta and Michael seemed very tentative and unsure. I wonder if it was because he was worrying so much about possibly hurting her with the lifts. But he showed none of the movement and attack that he did for his Cha Cha. And at one point, I felt he got a little tangled up and like he'd forgotten the steps. 

Riker & Alison - I thought his feet were a little weird though I'm not sure it's entirely his fault because tonight for the first time I really noticed how long and gangly he is. But he fully went for it and attacked and well wonders never cease, I really enjoyed Alison's choreography and thought she did the best job with the salsa tonight. I did think the 9's were a little too high just because of Riker's feet in some of the movements but Len was ridiculous with that 7.

Suzanne & Tony - Her dancing continues to be very careful. I get that she's 68 but she's going to have to give a little more soon. It was cute but nothing to write home about and she went off time at one point in the dance. Also, Tony, we get it, you hate Carrie Ann but enough already. I will be the first to admit when Carrie Ann's being ridiculous but I thought her point was very clear. She wants Suzanne to pull away the performance/Hollywood veil and show a little raw emotion and vulnerability. Why Tony was acting like that was such an offensive and outrageous comment by Carrie Ann, I will never understand.

Chris &  Whitney - Definitely a lot better than last week (though really last week was so bad, you wonder how much worse it could have gotten) but I wasn't as in love with it as the judges. Contrary to Carrie Ann I believe, I found Chris a bit hunched at points in the dance and his feel was a little awkward. I think Bruno pointed that out. He's still doing that plodding walk rather than dancing and gliding. 

Kym & Robert - It was good, not great. It was nice to see a more intense and serious side of him versus the happy, shiny "kid in a candy store" we've been getting from week one. I again agreed with Bruno (which is so scary) about his arms and how they just kind of stick out rather than move and flow gracefully. But a good dance and Kym looked gorgeous.

Patti &  Artem - This was a big letdown for me from last week and quite disappointing actually. I was very baffled by the choreography so I don't really know what Artem was going for. I was also really bothered by that outfit that made Patti look like she was on her way to Sunday brunch with her girlfriends rather than coming to dance a Cha Cha. There was just very little Cha Cha in that dance and it's disappointing because her movement in the Salsa last week showed she's capable. 

Mark &  Willow - I'll be honest, I had to watch this dance again because I was just so distracted by Mark's entire awful look with the hair and stupid looking coat and weird shoes, that I barely paid attention to Willow. That said, it was good but not great. I agree with Carrie Ann about the core strength and I've talked about her arms and legs before and the softness and I will say they were miles better tonight. But she still needs work but Willow is definitely the dark horse. She looks like she'll just get better and better every week.

Noah & Sharna - Well damn, Noah impressed the hell out of me tonight and for the first time I saw an actual recognizable dance from him. That was amazing and man I give mad props to Sharna, especially for that lift. That is some trust she displayed there because wow, one wrong move and that would not have been pretty. But really, really great dance. And then the judges confused me. Carrie Ann decides this is the week to nitpick Noah and then Len praises the dance but gives it a 7. I have a feeling the judges have been reading the comments and seen how some feel they were being condescending, not really judging Noah, so they decided to do it tonight but it didn't work because this is the night where he actually fully did the assigned dance. So Carrie Ann especially just came off sounding ridiculous. 

Nastia & Derek - Well that package sure gave fodder to those saying Derek is not committing to Nastia this season. Oh it's going to be a fun week of comments. That said, the connection is definitely still what is lacking so I disagreed with Bruno and Julianne focusing on the extensions because like Carrie Ann, I thought they were fine. I thought Nastia's technique, as I imagine will be the case almost every week, was amazing. Her samba rolls were gorgeous, she had the bounce down perfectly, her samba walks were beautiful and hip action was on point. But she and Derek are not really selling the connection in the dance. I actually thought it was a lot better last week. Scores were fair I guess because her technique was good. It's just that as a performance on the whole it didn't fully come together largely due to the lack of connection.

• Love 1

I think Nastia is a gorgeous dancer, but she leaves me cold. I prefer those that aren't as technically good but can really connect with the audience. It doesn't help that she's with Derek who doesn't do anything for me. Glad they acknowledged the work that Henry puts in. This is a difficult partnership. I know they wanted Derek on the show and he has a huge fan base, but this has to be hard on all of them.

• Love 9

With the exception of Willow and Patti, I care about none of these people. There is no spark this season. I half want to blame that on the preordained and so disgustingly obvious F2 (Nastia and  Rumer), which makes this season dull by default, but I don't know. I don't connect with any of these people. IMO, none of them have showed personality. Last season was magic and I had so much fun watching the majority of the routines, but this season falls flat, then picks itself up and falls flatter. 

I can't even bring myself to appreciate Julianne's constructive criticism. At least she's showing more consistency this season with her critiques, but I'm still sour grapes over her unnecessary comments about Witney's "overzealous" choreography last week. Also still sour grapes over her re: the entirety of last season.

Didn't take long for someone to bring up jetlag! Poor Derek! The genius is being overworked! Count me in with everyone that has no sympathy for the dude when he knew full well what he was getting into. 

Patti saying something along the lines of... what was it? "Lift me up where I belong"? Highlight of the episode, most likely the highlight of the season.

• Love 4

My mouth dropped open after hearing Bruno's comment about how Charlotte's never going to win a Nobel prize for quantum physics. Damn, Bruno! That's uncalled for. Really offensive.

But see -- that was my problem with how Charlotte has presented herself all along. She could be a very smart young woman, for all I know, but when she plays Dumb Barbie with the "What are these, breasts? However will I control them? Should I use duct tape?" she feeds right into that kind of mentality that blondes (or busty women of any hair color) are stupid. That pisses me off. She's helping to create the very message that people are now using against her.

I can't say I'm sorry to see her go. I've already talked plenty about how frustrating I found her, and I thought the attitude she presented in this week's rehearsals was lousy and lacking in true attention to the commitment she made to be on the show. I'm mostly sorry for Keo not getting a chance to shine and show his skills as a new dancer on the show.

• Love 15

Michael & Peta - I didn't really love this choreography from Peta and Michael seemed very tentative and unsure. I wonder if it was because he was worrying so much about possibly hurting her with the lifts.

I feel like this was a tiny bit like what Peta did to Jonathan last season (when they were partnered together for the switching partners week). She choreographed all sorts of lifts, causing Jonathan to be unsure of himself and scaring the judges with all the crazy lifts. This routine with Michael wasn't nearly as scary, but it was just as choppy and uncertain. I think she needs to focus on the fundamentals with Michael and less on the showing off stuff. Build up to that!

I thought Riker did a great job (and I'm glad he had his hair out of his eyes again this week, LOL). I think he's doing a terrific job, and I like his sense of humor about it all, especially how he was joking about being a lanky rocker guy next to all these buff farmers and soldiers and professional dancers with their ripped abs. He's endearing himself to me by being himself and being charmingly self-effacing.

On a side note, he does seem to be doing something weird with his feet (maybe too flexed? I'm no pro so I don't know), but he makes up for it with the overabundance of enthusiasm. He seems to throw himself into each week's dance so completely, and I cheer him on for that.

• Love 2

Normally I would be livid at what Bruno said to Charlotte, but admitting that left and right confuses you while ignoring Keo because you're such a busy model and actress (please) nullifies any sympathy I may have had  She did nothing to dispel the notion that she's the ditzy blond everyone said she is.

Why is Derek doing the show this season?  I was annoyed at his comment about the deck being stacked against them. Correct me if I'm wrong, but he went into this knowing exactly what  his schedule would be like.

I loved Mark and Willow's paso, but Mark's hair has got to go.

I heard Rumer and Val were supposed to dance the salsa, I was waiting for it.

Robert is adorable and he did pretty good, but he needs to work on his arms.

I was underwhelmed by Patti but I think that's Artem's fault; there was no cha cha content in that dance and Patti has proven that she can handle proper content.

A new drinking game: take a shot everytime Ryker says he's a rocker, then laugh when you realize he's on the Disney channel.

I love that Suzanne comes with her on fruit hat, everyone should.

I agreed with Carrie Ann, I was a nervous wreck watching Michael and Peta, those lifts were so out of control.

• Love 8

The problem I have with Ryker ... is still Allison. She's doing better at choreographing than last season, but there's something ... off... about it still. I think it's that because she's better it's even more glaring when she throws in the contemporary moves in the middle of the routine. She did it tonight, and last week on the bridge, too. I'm just not a fan.

• Love 5

I am officially over Riker. No one in 20 seasons has come on the show with specific latin ballroom training.  He made the quarter finals with his sister in the junior dancesport division in 2006.  And he hid the fact that he had training. That's just beyond the pale 

• Love 17

I don't know why Tony was so confused about Carrie Ann's critique. I thought she was saying that it's been three weeks of fun, bouncy, upbeat routines, and now she wants to see Suzanne do something with more depth. As in: something serious, darker tone, more drama than comedy. I hope he thinks about it and comes up with something that suits that kind of tone. I do think they could do it.

But honestly, I wonder if he's baffled because he's had all these older women partners for a while now and has felt like he has to choreograph silly stuff to be entertaining, and he's forgotten that he still can go in the dramatic direction. I think Suzanne could handle it. She's doing a good job so far.

Edited by sinkwriter

Did Val really say the crotch-to-face injury was "extreme foreplay" on live TV during the family hour? With Bruce Willis's daughter?

Noah is so strong. Those lifts were amazing. 

I was distracted by Mark's hair. I think his choreography is usually very good and interesting, but he gets so into concept pieces the concept can overwhelm.

• Love 2

I can only imagine how Peta felt--total grimacing here having watched the practice. So, drama? And while I noticed Willow favoring her left side (I think that was the injury site) and not lifting that arm much, it was the arm that Mark yanked up in victory. Wha?

I saw Charlotte interviewed on Access Hollywood.  So sad, she could not string 2 sentences together.  She is not very bright. 

Bruno didn't seem to know he was offensive with his comment.  The audience reaction and Tom's remark (neither could you) went right over his head.  

Patti is an icon, yeah, we get it.  No need to drool, judges.  Yawn.  She cannot dance, even a little.  She has that one move that she loves though, this time on the luggage cart.  Next week in a wheelbarrow perhaps?  Rickshaw?   I am being harsh, I know.  :>)   Leave me alone!  LOL! 

I am not warming to this season.  I love Robert; Shark Tank is a favorite show of mine and he is so good on it.  I appreciate his love of animals and sports equipment; he has to try everything.  Very endearing. 

• Love 2

I loved the Disco Salsa tonight, when you get a song like Turn the Beat Around, you have to have disco in it.  And as Salsa choreographer Gustavo Vargas said, Salsa is a mixture of styles, you mix it up and you get Salsa.  Anyway, Len gave Rumer and Val a 9, and gave Nastia's gymnastic Samba an 8.  In another season he wouldn't have approved of the gym routine and might have dropped it further.

• Love 1

I loved the Disco Salsa tonight, when you get a song like Turn the Beat Around, you have to have disco in it.  And as Salsa choreographer Gustavo Vargas said, Salsa is a mixture of styles, you mix it up and you get Salsa.  Anyway, Len gave Rumer and Val a 9, and gave Nastia's gymnastic Samba an 8.  In another season he wouldn't have approved of the gym routine and might have dropped it further.

In their defense, that Samba was loaded with content and she performed it effortlessly. Yes they included some cool tricks but it didn't distract from the content of that Samba.

On another note, I'm not getting into Noah's "Amy" treatment. That 30 was a total gift score. He still doesn't do a lot of actual dancing and for Julianne and Bruno to give both Rumer and Noah an 8 shows the farce in that system.

Edited by PBGamer89
  • Love 7

In their defense, that Samba was loaded with content and she performed it effortlessly. Yes they included some cool tricks but it didn't distract from the content of that Samba.

On another note, I'm not getting into Noah's "Amy" treatment. That 30 was a total gift score. He still doesn't do a lot of actual dancing and for Julianne and Bruno to give both Rumer and Noah an 8 shows the farce in that system.

clap clap clap clap clap clap!   ITA

• Love 2

I have to remember to hold off switching channels to watch Castle. I flipped ABC on a minute too early and was subjected to Derek's boychest, just one of the many, many things I don't miss about this show. On the other hand, Keo's eyes continually drifting about 12 inches south of Charlotte's eyes when they were eliminated was quite amusing.

• Love 1

For better or worse (I tend to think worse), the judges have never made it a secret that they're not judging the couples against each other. They're judging them against themselves ... sort of. That's how it was supposed to work, but then they go and give people 8s and 9s on week 1 and there's really nowhere to go.

• Love 1

I thought Riker was quite obviously propped by his scores, making me wonder if he's getting the votes they expected.  They did just enough cutesy Derek-Riker stuff this week that some of Derek's maniacal fans might start voting for Riker too.  I find his frame to be extremely strange for someone with such dance experience.

Rumer rocks my world.  I just like her.  I floved that outfit.  She is sex on toast.  That's the whole thing about this show.  I would never expect to like Rumer Willis about whom I know nothing and whose parents's lives don't interest me.  I certainly do like her.  Wish ABC hadn't cut me off from voting online.  Why ABC?

Loved Robert.  He's another surprise for me.  I don't enjoy his personality the way I like Rumer's, but he's unexpectedly attractive and he's trying extremely hard (and acquitting himself beyond respectably).

I had something to say about Michael, but I can't be bothered.  Guy is lost up there.

For once, I agree with CAI about something.  Suzanne needs to quit the 100% clowning.  I don't know what's going on with her face - fillers or exercises - but it's distracting me.  Those skirts made of feather boas were hiding stuff.  She seems pretty stiff in the hips.

• Love 6

We've had a lot of contestants lately with ballroom/latin training in the last few years, right? Danica McKellar comes to mind, and there are rumors about Rumer. I don't mind Ryker's background. I think his ability comes more from the Hough gene pool than any training. He's entertaining me. I enjoy how he seems the laid back, goofy kid in rehearsals etc, then brings it when it's show time. 

Pretty sure I read that Patti couldn't practice this week because her foot was bothering her. Was actually surprised that she did that much Cha Cha. Artem needs to remove his shirt more.

So far, things are working out like they want with Rumer and Nastia.  And it appears they want Willow and Riker for the other two finalists.  I really wouldn't have a problem with this.  I think these 4 have been the most consistent. 

Tonight, I preferred Riker, Nastia, Willow then Rumer.  But I have to give it to Nastia for technique.  People talk about the lack of practice time as a reason for Nastia and Derek not connecting.  For me, this is the norm for Derek.  He has great choreography and staging but the connection is lacking.  I think the last best connection Derek's had was with Amber.  And I've heard him say that she would display actions that he hadn't choreographed.  So, I guess he was more attentive so that he could respond to her actions.  Patti and Suzanne did ok but there was no content in their routines.  So they would be in the bottom for me.  The remaining contestants are improving.

I haven't warmed to any one celeb yet, unlike last season.  It was electric from the beginning.  Maybe this season just needs to get to the midpoint before everything clicks.

Gotta hand it to Rumer. She's one tough mofo. She practically knocked Val's block off with her crotch like a god-damn Rock'em Sock'em Robot. 

Robert continues to melt my cold, cold, cynical heart. I thought he brought some great intensity with Kym tonight. They do have crazy chemistry, and in the end, that is more fun for me to watch than technical skill without the emotion.

Is Mark speaking with a sort of English accent now? Honestly, he's grown on me over the years, and most of his high-concept routines I kind of dig, but tonight was a miss for me. I was so distracted by the costumes and makeup that the dance got lost.

I couldn't help but love Suzanne a little for owning a fruit hat. Aw, good on ya', girl.

Edited to add: Ha, I never knew about Mark's US/UK background! That makes sense to me now. 

Edited by janerazor
  • Love 3

I wish I'd seen Rumer's performance before I ate that box of cookies. Man she's got a nice, fit figure. I will work out. I will.

Julianne's stylist actually likes her this season. She look so much better.

Riker is a great performer, and really seem to work well with Allison. It's actually hard to take my eyes off him because he really brings it.

• Love 4

Can Mandy Moore and get Louis Van Amstel to choreograph!!!! Tony wasn't that upset with Carrie Ann but Erin Andrews wouldn't let it go!! Wow Erin!! Too many extra dancers in routines --- too distracting! And yeah Derek, if you're that busy, take the season off!!

• Love 2

What the hell is the matter with Carrie Ann?  "Praying to the porcelain god."  Does she know what this means?  It made absolutely no sense.  And then Erin makes some kind of crack about last week's "nauseous" comment, praying to the porcelain god, and Kym wearing what looks like a wedding dress.  The implication was clearly that Kym is pregnant.  (And yes, I know Erin was joking.)  Seriously, show?  Just stop it.  That entire exchange was just cringe-worthy. 

Delurking, but Carrie Ann began her critique of Kym/Robert by saying that last week they were so cute they made her nauseous, so this week they now have her praying to the porcelain god. The whole running thing was about Carrie Ann's reaction.

As for the rest of the show, was actually surprised by Nastia in the samba -- I expected her to fare well technically, but she was stronger on the performance end then I was anticipating. I feel like dancers here (and, really, in some other contexts as well) with a stronger footing in the balletic territory have struggled a bit in a more Latin style, but she acquitted herself pretty well, I thought. Also enjoyed Riker, Latin background or not, Willow, and Rumer. And won't be sorry to have seen the last of Charlotte, though bummed Keo's gotten the short straw twice now as celebs go.

And Noah is definitely strong, but I also have to give it up for Sharna's core strength -- she holds herself in a lift quite well.

Edited by lavenderblue
  • Love 1

Is Mark speaking with a sort of English accent now? Honestly, he's grown on me over the years, and most of his high-concept routines I kind of dig, but tonight was a miss for me. I was so distracted by the costumes and makeup that the dance got lost.

He's always had the accent, he tends to jump in and out of it a lot.

• Love 1

Mark's always spoken with a weird British/American accent. He's been hanging out with Emma a lot lately and mentioned on the livestream that he and Willow's camera person is British too. Mark can be a poser when he wants to be but the accent is probably a proximity thing rather than an affectation.

I missed tonight's show so will catch up via YouTube. I love that this board is almost devoid of the raving Stan's prevalent on some other sites - so much easier to get a balanced synopsis.

We've had a lot of contestants lately with ballroom/latin training in the last few years, right? Danica McKellar comes to mind, and there are rumors about Rumer. I don't mind Ryker's background. I think his ability comes more from the Hough gene pool than any training. He's entertaining me. I enjoy how he seems the laid back, goofy kid in rehearsals etc, then brings it when it's show time. 

Danica's mom according to Danica teaches lyrical, tap and jazz so that's not latin or ballroom.

Rumer was in the show For The Record, Baz Lurhman and according to this review, the dancing wasn't authentic, which makes me speculate Rumer may have been inspired by Baz and his dancing to want to do DWTS   http://www.lamag.com/culturefiles/six-degrees-nostalgia-stories-love-record-baz/

So for me, neither experiences really meet the standard of having latin ballroom training, the way a kid in Utah with the Hough family pedigree would train for dancesport. 

Edited by Andiethewestie
  • Love 2

Mark can be a poser when he wants to be but the accent is probably a proximity thing rather than an affectation.

I thought I read in these forums that he grew up (and studied dance) in London and his mother is from the UK, so the mixed accent that comes out every so often is probably something he's always had. 

Danica's mom according to Danica teaches lyrical, tap and jazz so that's not latin or ballroom.

Danica did some ballroom for a tv movie and then kept up the lessons.  There was piece about Danica on 20/20 where they talked about her love of ballroom and showed some clips of her dancing, which was long before she did DWTS.  I forget the names of the people she trained with, but they were floating around here back when she did the show.  Here is the piece on 20/20.  Sure she didn't compete, but she wasn't exactly a novice either.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImDgkk542Os

So at the end of the day, I don't think it matters all that much.  Many fans were up in arms about Danica's fairly extensive ballroom training pre-season, but yet it didn't help get Danica anywhere near the finals.  She was still beat by people like Candace and Amy, who had no dance experience.    

And while I'm not doubting Riker's background, if he were truly that trained in ballroom then his technique should be better here than it actually is, no?  At this point I think Riker is standing out more do to his performance flair than his actual technique.   Hence Len's 7, which was fairly ridiculous.

Edited by spanana
  • Love 2

Glad Charlotte is gone, but sorry Bruno's comment distracted from how truly annoying she was (Good save by Tom, though, "Neither will you, Bruno.")  Her defensiveness about needing to check her email all the time, "With my acting and modeling career, I have to do that!" This is about people who are...wait for it...even bigger stars than you. And they go on the show and focus 100% on learning their dance, checking email during actual break times. She seemed to feel she was so special and so important. So glad she's gone.

The rest? Okay over all, though I thought Robert was way too stiff and Riker hardly moved his feet at all.

• Love 4

I love love love the song Kym and Robert danced to, though I prefer the version I have from About Time.

Robert kind of looks like he could be Robin Williams's better-looking brother. They're such a cute pair.

Artem looked beautiful in that aqua blue color.

Even better than the shirtless men behind Patti was the rear view when they demoed the twinkletoes move. Thank you director!

• Love 1

I am officially over Riker. No one in 20 seasons has come on the show with specific latin ballroom training.  He made the quarter finals with his sister in the junior dancesport division in 2006.  And he hid the fact that he had training. That's just beyond the pale 

Where did you read that?  Not that I care either way, just curious if there's an actual source or if it's a rumor.  I feel like the show always has people with various levels of dance experience.  

I don't care for Charlotte. At the same time, Bruno's comments to her were inappropriate and cruel. It should be enough to get him suspended at the least from the show, as well he should be offering her an in-person apology.

Snaps to Tom Bergeron for putting Bruno in his place as well.

It's one of the worst moments I've seen on this show. Really, really, REALLY uncalled for.

• Love 18

Does the hair & make up department hate Mark?  Because that was some serious sabotage.  He looked down right cartoon-y in that outfit.  Whoever up thread said he looked like he was straight out of a claymation X-mas special was 100% right.  You would think he was dancing to something light and funny based on what he was wearing.  It didn't fit the dance style, tone or music at all.  Willow looked lovely though as "fire." 

I loved Nastia, Rumer & Riker tonight.  Great performances and technique was great for all 3.  When they perform I don't feel nervous...I can just sit back and enjoy the dance.  I can appreciate the disco salsa from Rumer & Val.  I think it helped to stand out from the rest of the salsa's which went for the sultry sexy vibe.  Rumer's was more playful and I think that was the point.  I think she nailed it.

Riker killed it.  I still think that Allison's choreo is 100 mph from start to finish for all her dances...however for salsa this totally works.  The boy can dance.  

Nastia wasn't quite fierce in the face...but technique was.  My immediate thought after watching their package was that neither come off that great.  If that is their storyline for the season it will get old fast.  

Noah is so strong and I was very impressed with the lifts...however I was super nervous in a couple of the lifts where he seemed to need to take a step or gather his balance. I was holding my breath a few times. 

I was never overly impressed with Michael's dancing. Tonight he was stiff AND his performance face was so strained...I couldn't get into it.  

Robert wasn't as fluid as I wanted him to be for his Rumba...but his performance & connection was strong.  Patti was out there being Patti (bye felicia) so that will continue for a few more weeks.  

Suzanne had recognizable samba steps so props to her for that.  She was kind of slow but she moved across the floor so I was glad for that compared to Patti. However, Tony needs to not look like he's going to jump the judge's table and attack CAI....not a good look bro.

Chris was better than last week I guess.  

Charlotte leaving...it was going to happen either this week or next so no real shocker there.  I had always wanted Keo to stay on longer so I could see what he could do choreo wise.  She had potential and flexibility but I just didn't love the choreo for any of her dances.

• Love 1