Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E19: The Party's Over

• Start Topic

I liked it when LisaV accidentally told Kyle she loved her. Their friendship is fun to watch.

One of the things that always made me sad when they were fighting was the relationship that Portia and LisaV had was just too cute.  Portia mimicking Lisa on the phone with the party invite?  So cute.  So when her mother is on the outs with Lisa, Ken lost a tennis buddy in Mauricio and Portia lost one of her friends.  Families that are friends are hard to come by in any town and I bet this was hard for all involved.

• Love 5

Oh and Adrienne's bf is smoking hot. Good for her!

I agree with that.  He represents the Anheuser-Busch Empire.  The Maloof Empire partnered with Admiral Beverage (in cahoots with Pepsi) for that Never Hungover stuff.

The only way I can wrap my head around that romantic relationship is to imagine it like this: Tywin Maloof ordered Cersei-Adrienne to marry Loras-Jacob to preserve the family's power.

ETA: SFoster21 posted below that they've broken up.

Edited by erikdepressant
  • Love 3

I agree with that. He represents the Anheuser-Busch Empire. The Maloof Empire partnered with Admiral Beverage (in cahoots with Pepsi) for that Never Hungover stuff.

The only way I can wrap my head around that romantic relationship is to imagine it like this: Tywin Maloof ordered Cersei-Adrienne to marry Loras-Jacob to preserve the family's power.

Adrienne said on WWHL that they broke up.

• Love 2

I'm totally on Team Rinna. Not only does Lisa have to worry about what fucking nutso Kim is gonna do in public if she gets mad, she has to worry about her own reaction, and how it is going to affect her family. I don't blame her one bit for backing down. She basically tried to tell Kim oh hell no, you told me not to talk to you about it so I'm not. Kim just wouldn't shut the fuck up long enough to hear it. I also don't blame her for the talk with Kyle. This is twice now Lisa sits down to discuss Brandi and the convo gets turned to Kim. That's not Lisa's fault. I mean she has to talk about something. I don't get why everyone else can discuss these two idiots but when Lisa does it she's the worst gossip spreader that ever lived.

I understand your point, and I might agree with you if Eileen didn't have LisaR's back. But Eileen was willing to jump into this with LisaR, but LisaR did the same thing to Eileen. In Amsterdam, I was so happy Eileen told LisaR that LisaR didn't have her back even though Eileen's only involvement in this was defending LisaR. I'm sorry, but LisaR dragged Eileen into this (and, yes, it was Eileen's choice to go with her), and LisaR told Kyle she could repeat what she said to Kim. All LisaR had to do was say two things: "Kim, if you apologize to me, you need to apologize to Eileen, too." and "Kim, this is what Brandi said to me, and this is what I said to Kyle." Own your shit. But LisaR took it a step further and hugged Brandi and Kim tighter than she hugged Eileen, went shopping with them in Amsterdam and just stared at Eileen dead-eyed as if she didn't really know her. Kudos to Eileen for still speaking to LisaR.

• Love 6

Not the first time Brandi has used that word to describe another woman....personally, I HATE that word more than most, but according to Brandi, it's JUST a WORD - and words can't hurt you....unless, of course, the words are aimed towards her.  Maybe she should look at herself first when she says everyone else is a hypocrite??  

Brandi called Kyle a cunt, a bitch, and a whore, all in one short sentence in one of her talking heads this season.   I remember thinking there was no way Kyle could be friendly with her after seeing that TH.

• Love 9

All LisaR had to do was say two things: "Kim, if you apologize to me, you need to apologize to Eileen, too."

Except Kim hasn't apologized to anyone about anything, as far as I've seen. She's just made excuses or deflected.

• Love 15

Except Kim hasn't apologized to anyone about anything, as far as I've seen. She's just made excuses or deflected.

I keep forgetting Kim didn't actually apologize to LisaR when she made that visit to the hotel room. I still stand by my belief that LisaR was being shady when she chose to go shopping with Brandi and Kim and LisaV and acted as if she didn't know Eileen.

Edited by slade3
  • Love 2

Brandi called Kyle a cunt, a bitch, and a whore, all in one short sentence in one of her talking heads this season.   I remember thinking there was no way Kyle could be friendly with her after seeing that TH.

There are so many things that we know, and so many things to speculate on as this season and this episode came to a close. The one thing that fascinates me is in trying to understand what the deal is with Brandi and Kyle. Brandi just suddenly seemed to hate her so much. One minute they were sharing champagne in a limo on the way to Eileen's, and the next thing Brandi is screaming at Kyle in Eileen's driveway. In her TH interviews she had such horrific things to say about Kyle (like the one mentioned above), and said something in one episode about never being friends with Kyle again after "all the shit she had pulled". She has interviewed that Kyle cares for no one, even her own family. These are harsh words, even for Brandi, and I don't understand what the root of it all is. Last season, Brandi wrote this about Kyle in one of her blogs.  It was after the episode where they all did the self-defense deal and Brandi broke her hand, so it was right after the tampon mishap.

"I though it was very sweet of Kyle to give me that card in the limo. We have slowly been wiring on our friendship. When Chica went missing, she called her daughters to go out that very night and help look for her. Kim, Kyle, and their families were also the first gals out of the group to come over and help me scower the neighborhood and put up signs for Chica, which I truly appreciated. I confided in Kyle a little about the situation with my dad and some other things and she was very sweet. She even let me drop the kids at her house a couple times when my babysitter canceled. To me that is a huge deal and I am starting to see Kyle in a different light. It's funny when Kyle and Lisa get together I feel like their is a bit of a competition for who is top dog of our group. There are a lot of strong personalities in our group, and no one is better then anyone so I don't quite get the competition."

I just don't get what happened between them for Brandi to feel so much hate for Kyle so suddenly. All the more strange because I never detected any of it from Kyle towards Brandi until all of the ranting from Brandi about what a horrible sister Kyle is.

• Love 7

motorcitymom65, on 25 Mar 2015 - 08:11 AM, said:
Huh, I don't think I've ever seen one of these shows end with a cliff-hanger, but to me that is exactly what this was. Usually the girls pretty much know all of the secrets and lies by the end of the season. It has all been hashed out and can be debated endlessly at the reunion.  Not this time. Kim has no idea what Brandi has been saying. Lisar really protected Brandi by not expressing how dire Brandi had made it all seem, and of course Kim has no idea that Brandi was crying to Jennifer. To me, this is a bad sign for Kim and Brandi's return next season, and I mean "bad" if you don't want them to be back. Bravo just ended this in a way that makes them have a ready made story line for next season.

When the camera was on Lisar and Brandi, my thoughts were that this would be the team next year. I have been saying that for weeks, but I am convinced now. Lisar really protected Brandi all the way, right up to the end when she very kindly went to let her know that she had told Kyle what they had talked about. I know they are not getting along now, and have been brutal on social media, but I just think they will be a force next year. Lisar will try to kiss up to Kyle, but I am not sure if that is going to work. Kyle might play nice in front of the cameras, but I think she is livid at Lisar for a lot of things. And if Lisar does go bat-shit crazy at the reunion as I have heard, Lisa V will take a big long look at her. Lisa V is not going to play with anyone that appears unstable or destined for fan hate.

Huh, I see the whole thing completely differently.  I think Lisar made it seem like Brandi was talking shit about Kim behind her back, but that it was revealed at the end in the flashback that she actually wasn't. 

In the scene - Lisar says something about having an intervention and Brandi is like, "Nooo!"  So, how does that equal Brandi wanting to have an intervention for Kim?

I forgot how disgusting I find Ken.  He used to seem like he was just a doddering old fool, but now I find him repulsive.  Ick.

• Love 4

Huh, I see the whole thing completely differently.  I think Lisar made it seem like Brandi was talking shit about Kim behind her back, but that it was revealed at the end in the flashback that she actually wasn't. 

In the scene - Lisar says something about having an intervention and Brandi is like, "Nooo!"  So, how does that equal Brandi wanting to have an intervention for Kim?

I forgot how disgusting I find Ken.  He used to seem like he was just a doddering old fool, but now I find him repulsive.  Ick.

In her blog Brandi said that she thought that the flashback backed up her story as well, but only because they showed a very small clip of the whole "intervention" topic. They didn't show the other stuff. They never showed how Brandi was the one to bring up Kim's issues, or the one talking about being worried about her and thinking that she wasn't really sober. Brandi can try to make herself innocent because she didn't bring up the intervention, but she certainly was on board with Lisar talking to Kyle about the issues and with the fact that she thought Kim was in big trouble. Brandi is the only person so far this season to actually say that based on information that she had, Kim was not sober. 

• Love 11

I keep forgetting Kin didn't actually apologize ti LisaR when she made that visit to the hotel room. I still stand by my belief that LisaR was being shady when she chose to go shopping with Brandi and Kim and LisaV and acted as if she didn't know Eileen.

LisaR tried to get out of the joint shopping trip as politely as possible without saying she did not want to be around Brandi/Kim. She said that she wanted to go shopping but maybe Kim/Brandi would prefer to go by themselves to which Kim replied no, they could all go together. IMO, LisaR was hoping that Kim would say she did not want to be around her but Kim knew what she was up to.

• Love 8

I don't really care anymore if Kim is doing drugs, taking other people's drugs, or has gone back to drinking. Her kids are grown and are no longer in her care, so if she wants to go down that road; so be it. Let them deal with her. I just never want to see her on my screen again. Bravo needs to fire her ass and be done with it once and for all. I would trade Kim for Kathy if it meant we could finally wash our hands of her; I can't stand her. And I was her biggest fan during Season 1. The only way she can redeem herself is by staying off this show and living a happy life.

Someone upthread said that Bravo is grooming Camille for a comeback next season. I see that happening. Looks like her Prince likes being on tv and her health is back -- no reason not to. She likes the attention she gets being on the show. I think she'll take Yolanda's place bc Yo will probably not return.

Brandi looked like she took 2 Xanax before arriving to the party and then she was drinking on top of that. Using her dad's life threatening heart trouble and surgery for sympathy was apparent. She got a 'lil bit of JR back in her life bc of it. Didn't work on LVP! Even Kim acted like she couldn't care less; she asked about Brandi's dad and before Brandi could even get a whole sentence out Kim was talking about herself. Typical. I wish Bravo would axe these two. Give us a new villain please. Someone with money and more class. I like my villains to have finesse. Would love it if Heather DuBrow lived in Beverly Hills. I hate that woman, but I love her pompous bitch-mode pithiness.

Edited for grammar.

Edited by msblossom
  • Love 18

ETA: Responding to WireWrap...

LisaR tried to get out of the joint shopping trip as politely as possible without saying she did not want to be around Brandi/Kim. She said that she wanted to go shopping but maybe Kim/Brandi would prefer to go by themselves to which Kim replied no, they could all go together. IMO, LisaR was hoping that Kim would say she did not want to be around her but Kim knew what she was up to.

I remember LisaR asking if Kim and Brandi wanted to go shopping alone. LisaR could have handled it the same way Eileen did. Eileen said, "No, I'll go to the museum with Yolanda and Kyle." I thought the ladies had planned a day at the museum together, but Brandi and Kim decided they didn't want to go. That's why Kyle was surprised they had already left when she came down to the lobby. It's why LisaV later said "I didn't want to spend all day in a museum. I'm glad we went shopping. LisaR wasn't obligated to do something that was opposite of what they had all originally planned to do together. She chose to go. No one held a gun to her head. If Yolanda had been feeling better, I bet she would have been very upset that Brandi and Kim did something else and took LisaR and LisaV with them.

Edited by slade3
  • Love 4

This! Her whole demeanor has changed since that night. Something was up with her, it wasn't just an epiphany she had overnight. She was covering her own ass and taking cues from someone.

I agree.  I truly believe that Lisar wasn't afraid of Kim at all...until Amsterdam.  Kim must've have said some shit at that dinner (or threatened to) about her or her family, and that scared her into making nice with the crazy.  Anyway, if Andy's declaration of an "Eleventh Hour Smoking Gun" is true (not that I believe him), then maybe we'll find out what it is. 

• Love 7

I don't get all the Camille love. If Kelsey never humiliated her by dumping her so publicly, she would still be the same entitled, snob that she was before. I don't want to see her back, that goes for Adrienne also. Andy was so pissed off at her for not showing up at her last reunion that he fired her, now she's showing up again and all is forgiven. Next thing you know, we'll be seeing Taylor again. 

I also don't get all the Camille love. She was a snotty, smug, pretentious bitch when she was on the show. I don't think it would be an easy marriage to be married to either Kelsey or Camille. I don't want to see her again. She looked like a $20 hooker on Hollywood and Vine trying to turn a trick. Oh no no noooo, I don't want Camille to make a reappearance. The same goes for Adrienne Maloof. I don't like her face or her voice, both are annoying. People have spoken here about the possibility of Fay Resnick joining the cast and I think she would be great!  Faye always looks like there's something really stinky lurking right under her nose, she has 'that look' about her. But, Faye is relatively intelligent, crafty and well-spoken so I think she'd give all the others a real race for ratings.

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 8

ETA: Responding to WireWrap...

I remember LisaR asking if Kim and Brandi wanted to go shopping alone. LisaR could have handled it the same way Eileen did. Eileen said, "No, I'll go to the museum with Yolanda and Kyle." I thought the ladies had planned a day at the museum together, but Brandi and Kim decided they didn't want to go. That's why Kyle was surprised they had already left when she came down to the lobby. It's why LisaV later said "I didn't want to spend all day in a museum. I'm glad we went shopping. LisaR wasn't obligated to do something that was opposite of what they had all originally planned to do together. She chose to go. No one held a gun to her head. If Yolanda had been feeling better, I bet she would have been very upset that Brandi and Kim did something else and took LisaR and LisaV with them.

No, no one held a gun to her head or forced her to go shopping but at the same time, I think she was trying to make peace as much as possible with Kim. I do think she expected Kim to want to spend time with just Brandi though. She did not realize that as long as Kim thinks she won the fight/argument because LisaR apologized earlier that morning, Kim is as happy as a clam because she knows she, Kim, is in control. Had LisaR said no, she wanted to do something else, IMO, Kim would have gone off on her right there and then. JMO

• Love 4

No one is going after Eileen because Eileen has made it quite clear that she's not having any of their shit.  Kim tried and Eileen didn't do the wine glass thing as LisaR did.  Eileen reared back in all her Ashley Abbott glory and said, "How DARE YOU".  Brandi tried and Eileen calmly told her, "No, I didn't say you're an alcoholic.  I said you're a mean drunk and you are.  I stand by it."  There is no back-and-forth.  There are no tears or outrageous scenes.  She couldn't care less about any of these women and it shows.  When it's clear that someone isn't going to take the bait, she is left alone.

Perhaps.  I agree with you that Eileen doesn't care about any of these women. The feeling appears to be mutual. Although her delivery is calm, whenever she's sitting at a table dispensing her sage advice, none of them seem to care.   They keep yakking over the top of her like she's invisible.

I think that's the problem with Eileen.  For us and them.  There's really no there, there.  She's calm and beautiful and appears not to take any crap but she doesn't warrant very much discussion between us or them either.  I can't decide if that's a good thing. LOL

• Love 4

What a shitty party that was.  With the gorgeous homes those women have I wonder why they would come out for that trashy affair.   Oh yeah, it's their job.

My favorite part of the evening was when Vince, Yolanda and Eileen were in their limo coming to the event.  They were chatting and Vince told the story of when his family moved to LA and their new neighbors were the Jacksons!  You know, of the Jackson Five?!!  Yolanda was so polite but I couldn't help thinking, dude if you're going to name drop, don't bother doing it around Yolanda.  She's met everyone who's anyone, had them to dinner and offered them the recipe for the cleanse. 

• Love 22

I'm pretty much done with these women, but I have to say..

What the eff was Adrienne's party about? I have been looking for pics of her shoe launch party many seasons ago and I swear it was basically the same thing, half naked people gyrating and serving drinks. 

Who the eff was that creepy prince and why did Camille kiss him on he lips?? So gross. 

The best moment of the night was when the ladies were all sitting down at the table to have their eleventy millionth confrontation and Maurico got up and took off like a bat outta hell. He knew what was about to go down and he wanted no part of it. 

Brandi looked like a drunken cheap hooker with her boobs popping out. Love that she left in a cab instead of a stretch

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 11

But this is the thing for me...I am not convinced that Kim isn't sober. I know, I know, the pill slip up. But I have just been struck all season by how mostly together Kim is in other ways; in ways we haven't seen her together before when she is actively using. She makes it to the events, she is on time, she is engaged in the process, conversing with the others. This is extremely different from the way we all know that Kim behaves when she isn't sober. Not only that, but I cannot get past how good she has looked this season. Yes, she still looks rough because years of sun and lord knows whatever damage will take their toll. But compare her to past seasons. S2 when she was high/drunk all the time and she was just skin and bones. Even in S3 when she was supposedly sober her hair looked like shit. She wasn't maintaining herself. Kim's hair looks spectacular this season. That might sound like a small thing, but it isn't. It is not easy to maintain that length or that color. While it is not the style I would chose, it looks shiny and healthy, and she is styling it. All of this would require regular trips to the salon to maintain, something that the Kim of the past wouldn't have been able to pull off. 

The pill mishap isn't what makes me doubt every single word I have just typed. The thing that makes me doubt it is the words from Brandi Glanville's own lips. She is the one who makes me step back - every time I tell myself that Kim is sober I then say,  "but what then was Brandi talking about"? What were the words "it is worse than anyone knows" about? When Lisar said that they needed to address the issues before something bad happened, Brandi said "it already has". That is the thing for me. Everyone keeps talking about how unfair it is for Kim's sobriety to be questioned based on one pill and that is not a fact. If Lisar had come to Brandi and they had began their discussion and Brandi would have said something different, something like "she made a mistake and took one pill but she is sorry, freaked out about it, and otherwise seems fine to me. I think it was just a mistake and I am not worried about her at all" then for the most part, it probably would have ended right there. Brandi is the one who ramped up the fear about Kim and so far she has gotten away with it. 

I took Brandi's concerns being about a variety of things like whoever the third party was that Kim talked to Brandi about\ at 2am, Monty's health, the planning of the weddings and her recent slip up that had Brandi nervous and concerned for Kim and all of what Brandi perceived as real and true triggers surrounding Kim all at once. I thought the concern was real but at the same time coming from Brandi I can also see her really scared that because of what's going on around Kim that she may end up having a set back and she may have had more than one. It's about Brandi not being sure and maybe thinking that Kim wouldn't be able to bounce back from the slip cause God Almighty, once an addict slips then there's NO WAY it will be just that once so being that this is the mentality being preached especially in that circle I'm not surprised that Brandi's concern was heightened. But even then I just thought that Brandi was really freaking out a possibly being the one to be in the thick of it if or when a major slip up happened. I think she was also panicked at the blame that she believed would most definitely come her way if or when Kim shows up naked in a hallway somewhere. I felt like that was driving a lot of that emotion. How is it that I was able to suss out where that conversation was coming from but Lisa Rinna managed to run a whole different way?

LisaR also decided to share, interpret, repeat it very sloppily, messy and inappropriately and out of order time wise. She didn't HAVE TO.  Simple as that. Also, I don't find Lisa R's reaction to Brandi's words in proportion to what was said by Brandi. I think Lisa R ran with it completely half cocked. That's what happens when you fall into juicy information that you can't wait to turn into the next tea party.

Edited by Sincerely Yours
  • Love 5

I also thought Brandi was getting very grabby with LisaV at the bar, and I wonder if she was trying to keep Lisa from walking away from her? That's really no worse than whatever she thinks Kyle did to her at Poker Night, and she did the same to Kyle that night too. She likes to be intimidating, but then she resorts to "Don't touch me" when things aren't going her way. So who's the hypocrite?

ETA: because "are" and "aren't" are not the same

Edited by ElsieH
  • Love 15

I would like to address Brandi's physically aggressive argument with LisaV. She stepped in, she leaned over, she brought her hand gestures to within inches of Lisa's face and then she grabbed Lisa's wrists and held her. If you look close you can see Mauricio in the background watching and almost standing up. If I had been on the receiving end of a playful Brandi slap I really would have been frightened by her actions.

She is unhinged.

Someone upthread posted a video Shut Up Brandi. If you watch they slow the poker night shove on the staircase in slo mo and Brandi, after elbowing Kyle, seems to give Kyle's back an extra shove as the coup de grace. She really is oit of control.

Someone upthread posted a video Shut Up Brandi. If you watch they slow the poker night shove on the staircase in slo mo and Brandi, after elbowing Kyle, seems to give Kyle's back an extra shove as the coup de grace. She really is out of control.

• Love 10

This is 100% of the reason I am Team Kyle in this situation and always will be.  She may be a shrill, whiny, dramatic, over the top, cry all the time woman who doesn't do a fantastic job of handling conflict....but she's not malicious either.  Brandi and Kim are.  Both get a charge out of pushing people to start screaming at them.  They have provoked, pointed and accused their way through every member of this show and both think they are justified.  Kim will never apologize to anyone concerning anything that's gone on because people should have left her alone about her sobriety to begin with.  Brandi will never apologize because she justifies her outbursts with the excuses that everyone else does it too.  Both are bullshit excuses.  I would never be friends with either one.  In fact, if I was Eileen and Lisa R, I'd be pushing Kyle to cut ties with her sister permanently.

Agree !! Kyle is not malicious ( well, not until her buttons are super pushed).  She doesn't plot "get back at" scenarios. On WWHL last night, she was asked to what compliment she would have said about Brandi. She was very nice in saying she loved her boys and she can be a lot of fun to be with. Maybe that is just for the camera but so what, she thought it at one point. Kyle is terrified that any friendship with Brandi will and di make her a target when it all fell apart. She is terrified that Kim tells her too many family secrets that she has been schooled to keep private. I don't blame her for not trusting Brandi . When Brandi is cornered  she shoots her canon.

• Love 8

I just don't get what happened between them for Brandi to feel so much hate for Kyle so suddenly.

I don't think it was sudden. Imo, Brandi was the sassy, beautiful teenaged girl that other jelly teenaged girls gave grief to.  When Kyle, Faye and Taylor made fun of her at Kyle's fundraiser, it probably reminded her of the teen girls doing it at a party - because mentally, Brandi is still that teen.  And she's never forgiven any of them.  She's a huge ball of need, though, so she'll latch on to anyone who will have her. She needed Kyle and was friendly with her but Brandi's grudges run as deep as her insecurities. 

Case in point:  Eddie.  She's going to ride that grudge til her dying day.

• Love 7

As mentioned, Kathy had the line of the night. Never would've expected that.

Harry seemed extra laid back, like he had hit a fatty before fetching the cider.

I can take or leave Brandi in general, but her whining...fucking hell, man.

The Prince could be Kroy Biermann's older European brother. I was simultaneously creeped out and fascinated by him and Camille.

LisaVP, forever showing bitches how it's done.

• Love 9

Starting out shallow: I can't believe how much of Brandi's hair was a weave. When her "live-in hair stylist" was trying to comb her hair (he looked as if he'd never touched her hair before), I could see all the attachments. I know she says she wears fake hair, but that was a lot of weave. Also, her live-in hair stylist has the same face as her female friend who is always with her. Is that plastic surgery or are they related?

I'm inclined to think they are related because (1) why on earth would you physically alter your face to look like that and (2) there seem to be a limited people on this earth who can stomach being Brandi's friend. Sharing most of your DNA might explain that unfortunate genetic vulnerability.

• Love 6

It's crazy but we do get a good amount of information that does counter that Kim can NEVER be there or support someone else. I get that Kim is Kim but I mean it is a fact that Monty is dying from cancer and he stays with her. It is a fact that Kim was the one who was living with her mother in her final days. I mean I don't know. I've seen terrible alcoholics, functioning alcoholics and even addicts still manage to contribute to the lives of the people around them and not always negatively. But I guess that's the kind of insight that is hard to apply when watching what Bravo edits together and shows the public one hour a week.  I've also wondered whats so bad about a functioning alcoholic anyway? I mean if they are functioning and taking care of business (not saying this is Kim maybe more like Brandi) but in general then who cares if they do polish off a bottle a night? I mean aside from their health which,  yeah sucks but ultimately a decision each individual makes. Same with smoking. It sounds like Kim didn't fall into functioning alcoholic but I'm not inclined to totally rule out that she there weren't times she was either. I dunno, I just think it's been overblown all freaking season and it only gives Kyle more opportunities to frog cry, act victimized and hold onto her martyr status.

Edited by Sincerely Yours
  • Love 7

When Brandi was having her meltdown with LisaV she had that dry spit/cotton mouth thing going on.

I always thought that Xanax would make you calm.

Edited by BucFan
  • Love 1

I don't think it was sudden. Imo, Brandi was the sassy, beautiful teenaged girl that other jelly teenaged girls gave grief to.  When Kyle, Faye and Taylor made fun of her at Kyle's fundraiser, it probably reminded her of the teen girls doing it at a party - because mentally, Brandi is still that teen.  And she's never forgiven any of them.  She's a huge ball of need, though, so she'll latch on to anyone who will have her. She needed Kyle and was friendly with her but Brandi's grudges run as deep as her insecurities. 

Case in point:  Eddie.  She's going to ride that grudge til her dying day.

I see Brandi as the Middle/High school bully, not the other way around. I see her as the one making fun of the girls not as pretty, heavy, bad skin, short, bad hair, more money, poorer than her family.....I see Brandi as the one that thought/believed her shit didn't stink.

• Love 9

It's crazy but we do get a good amount of information that does counter that Kim can NEVER be there or support someone else. I get that Kim is Kim but I mean it is a fact that Monty is dying from cancer and he stays with her. It is a fact that Kim was the one who was living with her mother in her final days. I mean I don't know. I've seen terrible alcoholics, functioning alcoholics and even addicts still manage to contribute to the lives of the people around them and not always negatively. But I guess that's the kind of insight that is hard to apply when watching what Bravo edits together and shows the public one hour a week.  I've also wondered whats so bad about a functioning alcoholic anyway? I mean if they are functioning and taking care of business (not saying this is Kim maybe more like Brandi) but in general then who cares if they do polish off a bottle a night? I mean aside from their health which,  yeah sucks but ultimately a decision each individual makes. Same with smoking. It sounds like Kim didn't fall into functioning alcoholic but I'm not inclined to totally rule that out either. I dunno, I just think it's been overblown all freaking season and it only gives Kyle more opportunities to frog cry, act victimized and hold onto her martyr status.

If you get into screaming arguments everytime you leave your house, you aren't a functioning alcoholic.  If you think the way to make amends is to ask to eat a pussy you are not a functioning alcoholic.  If you think yelling and glaring at people is a great way to convince them you're sober, you are not a functioning anything.   

If Brandi were a "functioning alcoholic" Eileen wouldn't have called her a mean drunk.  You shouldn't be turning into the worst version of yourself just because you're inebriated.

• Love 17

I'm inclined to think they are related because (1) why on earth would you physically alter your face to look like that and (2) there seem to be a limited people on this earth who can stomach being Brandi's friend. Sharing most of your DNA might explain that unfortunate genetic vulnerability.

I think it's hard to tell because the friend Jennifer has also ruined her face with plastic surgery, so who knows at this point? Brandi (and Jennifer) is venturing into Jocelyn Wildenstein territory. I am guessing that's why she walks around with her tits hanging out, so people won't notice she ruined her face.

• Love 10

It's crazy but we do get a good amount of information that does counter that Kim can NEVER be there or support someone else.

I agree.  There are some "human beings" who could be considered useless and without worth.  And as much as I've disliked Kim through all the seasons, she's just not one of them, imo. 

Since I've not cared for her, ever, your question about who cares if she's a functioning alcoholic is interesting.  I've never cared just because I don't care for her in general.  But you got me thinking....seriously, who cares if she's a functional alcoholic? Throwing back a bottle a night, smoking a pack of cigarettes, binge eating fast food - it's all unhealthy but a personal decision.  As long as she's not getting in a car or hurting anyone else.  And the argument stands that she DOES hurt others.  But my argument back is, you can only be hurt if you allow someone the power to hurt you.   

• Love 7

Why did Lipsa make such a huge deal about Harry playing a "Gay character, AGAIN, that's two in a row!" 

The hell?

YMMV, but I did not see Lisa R making a "huge deal" about this.  She was joking with Eileen, that's all.  

• Love 9

I'm pretty much done with these women, but I have to say..

What the eff was Adrienne's party about? I have been looking for pics of her shoe launch party many seasons ago and I swear it was basically the same thing, half naked people gyrating and serving drinks. 

Who the eff was that creepy prince and why did Camille kiss him on he lips?? So gross.

The best moment of the night was when the ladies were all sitting down at the table to have their eleventy millionth confrontation and Maurico got up and took off like a bat outta hell. He knew what was about to go down and he wanted no part of it. 

Brandi looked like a drunken cheap hooker with her boobs popping out. Love that she left in a cab instead of a stretch

The creepy prince is apparently not new to Bravo and he's some kind of fame whore. http://stoopidhousewives.com/2015/03/21/who-is-the-phony-prince-mario-max/

• Love 1
It's crazy but we do get a good amount of information that does counter that Kim can NEVER be there or support someone else. I get that Kim is Kim but I mean it is a fact that Monty is dying from cancer and he stays with her. It is a fact that Kim was the one who was living with her mother in her final days.

It's not that she can't ever be there or support someone else--it's not like we haven't been told more than once how she's taking care of Monty and she lived with her mother at the end. You just can't rely on her. She's not someone that "everyone leans on" because that implies reliability. No one in their right mind would consider her that. Sometimes she makes a nice gesture or wants to take care of someone--for instance, she and Monty seem to have a long history where he can drop in and stay with her and she's a good friend to him. If she's feeling that way, great. If she's not--better have back up. 

• Love 7

I took Brandi's concerns being about a variety of things like whoever the third party was that Kim talked to Brandi about\ at 2am, Monty's health, the planning of the weddings and her recent slip up that had Brandi nervous and concerned for Kim and all of what Brandi perceived as real and true triggers surrounding Kim all at once. I thought the concern was real but at the same time coming from Brandi I can also see her really scared that because of what's going on around Kim that she may end up having a set back and she may have had more than one. It's about Brandi not being sure and maybe thinking that Kim wouldn't be able to bounce back from the slip cause God Almighty, once an addict slips then there's NO WAY it will be just that once so being that this is the mentality being preached especially in that circle I'm not surprised that Brandi's concern was heightened. But even then I just thought that Brandi was really freaking out a possibly being the one to be in the thick of it if or when a major slip up happened. I think she was also panicked at the blame that she believed would most definitely come her way if or when Kim shows up naked in a hallway somewhere. I felt like that was driving a lot of that emotion. How is it that I was able to suss out where that conversation was coming from but Lisa Rinna managed to run a whole different way?

LisaR also decided to share, interpret, repeat it very sloppily, messy and inappropriately and out of order time wise. She didn't HAVE TO.  Simple as that. Also, I don't find Lisa R's reaction to Brandi's words in proportion to what was said by Brandi. I think Lisa R ran with it completely half cocked. That's what happens when you fall into juicy information that you can't wait to turn into the next tea party.

Out of all the things that Brandi said - and yes, some of them could have been alluding to just all the the stress of her life events - there is one that speaks 100% to Kim's sobriety.  This wasn't something the said directly to Lisa, it was In her TH during that lunch.  She says that she knows she cannot come right out and accuse Kim of not being sober.  She said that in her experience with addicts, as long as they say they are sober, then in their mind they are sober. She said until Kim admits that she isn't sober, there was nothing that Brandi could do.  Certainly in her comments to Jenn, she came out and said that she felt like Kim had slipped. She said that she no longer felt OK having wine around her. Bottom line, we might all view it a bit differently, but Brandi is the only person on the entire show who has made me believe that Kim might not be sober. Not Lisar with all of her talking, because she is only repeating events that she witnessed. Not Eileen, not Kyle. None of them have given me one reason to believe that Kim isn't just as she claims to be - sober. Brandi Glanville has made me wonder otherwise. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 22

Just saw the episode....

BLAH, BLAH, BLAH...The party IS over. This episode was unnecessary filler. I'll watch the reunions but I am for the most part over this series. The bullshit became too repetitive. The focus of the show revolved around two loathsome people, Kim and Brandy, and the broken record phrase "my sister" going on, and on, and on. Nothing made up for it.

I won't be posting any more about this episode. It was utterly boring.

• Love 3

If you get into screaming arguments everytime you leave your house, you aren't a functioning alcoholic.  If you think the way to make amends is to ask to eat a pussy you are not a functioning alcoholic.  If you think yelling and glaring at people is a great way to convince them you're sober, you are not a functioning anything.   

If Brandi were a "functioning alcoholic" Eileen wouldn't have called her a mean drunk.  You shouldn't be turning into the worst version of yourself just because you're inebriated.

Not to be petty but "mean drunk" may best apply to a person who precisely doesn't qualify as an alcoholic anything.

I'm still not buying that Brandi is an alcoholic.  This episode showed her slurry, panicked and ill equipped.  It's like she has all the coordinates but they don't constellate in whatever shape is alcoholism proper.

I mean, isn't it also as likely that she's just an under-socialized codependent with anxiety/personality disorder who mistakes this as some kind of virtue ,only reinforced by her choice of career? You can find this motley crew of symptoms in many alcoholics but they are not the symptoms of alcoholism.

Ok, I end my diagnosis of Brandi's substance use right here, right now.

Edited by runforcover
  • Love 6

I agree. There are some "human beings" who could be considered useless and without worth. And as much as I've disliked Kim through all the seasons, she's just not one of them, imo.

Since I've not cared for her, ever, your question about who cares if she's a functioning alcoholic is interesting. I've never cared just because I don't care for her in general. But you got me thinking....seriously, who cares if she's a functional alcoholic? Throwing back a bottle a night, smoking a pack of cigarettes, binge eating fast food - it's all unhealthy but a personal decision. As long as she's not getting in a car or hurting anyone else. And the argument stands that she DOES hurt others. But my argument back is, you can only be hurt if you allow someone the power to hurt you.

This goes back to a question I posed in the Kyle thread. We keep hearing about what Kim has put Kyle through and while I don't really doubt it, what is it? What has Kim put Kyle through? Being drunk at inappropriate times? Being a mean drunk? Not that that isn't enough, but is that what it is? Has Kim gotten violent? Did she hit on Kyle's boyfriends/husbands? Did she drink and drive with her kids or Kyle's kids in the car? Has Kyle had to bail Kim out of jail or hire lawyers to get her out of trouble? All of these things seem possible. And I really don't know. A lot of what has happened on camera has involved Kim being flakey and mean, which is bad, but stuff Kyle can sort of choose to engage with. But then there is the Kingsley thing, which involves a different level of danger. So I just want to know what specifically has Kim put Kyle through?

• Love 4

I think it is a bit irresponsible of Bravo not to have a warning about not combining benzodiazepines (Xanax/alprazolam) with alcohol since they can have additive effects which can be life threatening (respiratory depression, etc). Someone may see Brandi talking about taking Xanax with her to the party (implying she may use some at the party) where she is going to be drinking alcohol…I think I saw her drinking.

I wonder if Kim will realize, when watching this show, that BG values LisaV's friendship more than Kim's friendship. I am not a fan of Kim (atrocious, horrible, blah blah blah) but I feel a teeny tiny bit sorry for her being BG's 2nd choice. I hope BG (and Kim) are not on the show next season.

• Love 1

This goes back to a question I posed in the Kyle thread. We keep hearing about what Kim has put Kyle through and while I don't really doubt it, what is it? What has Kim put Kyle through? 

The world will probably never know thanks to Big Kathy's mandate that the Richards family keep their skeletons firmly planted in the closet. For the most part Kyle has done her best not to air her sister's dirty laundry on TV and I respect that.

That said, Kyle is also responsible for making Kim a part of the BH franchise. Why would you want to film a reality show with your barely functioning, mean spirited alcoholic sister? I suspect it was a passive aggressive move by a fed up Kyle who probably wanted everything to come to a boil so she wouldn't have to keep the sordid family secret of Kim's alcoholism and drug abuse any longer. Lord only knows what that woman has done under the influence, though.

Edited by Rahul

Not to be petty but "mean drunk" may best apply to a person who precisely doesn't qualify as an alcoholic anything.

I'm still not buying that Brandi is an alcoholic.  This episode showed her slurry, panicked and ill equipped.  It's like she has all the coordinates but they don't constellate in whatever shape is alcoholism proper.

I mean, isn't it also as likely that she's just an under-socialized codependent with anxiety/personality disorder who mistakes this as some kind of virtue ,only reinforced by her choice of career? You can find this motley crew of symptoms in many alcoholics but they are not the symptoms of alcoholism.

Ok, I end my diagnosis of Brandi's substance use right here, right now.

I googled alcoholism  http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/alcoholism/basics/definition/con-20020866, just so I could be sure. She may not be one, but she absolutely has a problem with alcohol, among other substances.

• Love 3