Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E19: The Party's Over

• Start Topic

Why did Lipsa make such a huge deal about Harry playing a "Gay character, AGAIN, that's two in a row!"

The hell?

YMMV, but I did not see Lisa R making a "huge deal" about this.  She was joking with Eileen, that's all.  

Why is playing a gay man "twice in a row!" a joke?  Why is the fact that his last two roles have been gay men even worth mentioning?  She seemed manic about it, with that OMG!  Can you BELIEVE IT? delivery.

I felt it was odd.

• Love 6

Did anyone catch Lisa Rinna's ugly tweets about Kim before they were removed this past weekend?  Watching WWHL last night both Andy and Kyle felt they were inappropriate.  It sounds like LisaR also regretted sending them because Kyle said Lisar sent an apology to her about them. 

Sorry I may have missed them if someone posted about what they were about before, thanks.

Someone copied all of them and posted them in a thread here.  Possibly Lipsa's thread, so check there. 

Personally, I think Lipsa was just drunk again.

I found them particularly cruel because, as http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-5/blogs/brandi-glanville/brandi-you-cant-confirm-what Brandi says in her blog, Kim's hands have been pretty full.  Monty got the news that there was no hope left around March 12, and apparently the child story is true as well. 

This episode opens with Rinna tearing down a swing set, but her home interviews are still about what she perceives as Kim’s issues to be, not the actual touching moment of what the swing set tear-down symbolizes or her own family (I can't wait for her daughters to write their Brooke Shields-style memoir when they are age appropriate). LR says she feels sorry for Kim and cares about Kim and wishes Kim well. The truth is a lot less pretty. Some people have been attacking Kim’s sobriety online this week, but we won’t name names. BTW, Kim is sober and not online. She is busy caring for serious ill family members and driving back and forth to doctors and hospitals and being strong for her family.

Kim's seemed extremely together to me for most of the season really.  What a pity the entire season had to focus on this, and poor, poor, poor Kyle the victim/martyr.  YAWN.

I particularly loved how Kim didn't allow a gang up at Adrienne's party.  She talked to Kyle's posse one on one.  Smart move.  Maybe there is hope for her yet.

• Love 4

Why is playing a gay man "twice in a row!" a joke? Why is the fact that his last two roles have been gay men even worth mentioning? She seemed manic about it, with that OMG! Can you BELIEVE IT? delivery.

I felt it was odd.

Eileen mentioned gay role first, then Lisar said, second in a row. It is funny, you ask me. I imagine your friends would rag on you a little. "Is it type-casting?". -- that kind of thing. Edited by SFoster21
  • Love 4

Eileen mentioned gay role first, then Lisar said, second in a row. cIt is funny, you ask me. I imagine your friends would rag on you a little. "Is it type-casting?". -- that kind of thing.

My theory. Kim did say that Harry is gay or bi or something in Amsterdam and it got edited out and Eileen and LisaR were kind of making a "why did we sign up for this show again?" Type of joke.

• Love 3

Well, if that's all Kim had?  Yawn.  I've heard those rumors for a long, long time about Harry, and actually about Lisa too.  I thought Kim was bringing something new.

I can't believe that at a frickin' finale we watch someone tip over an old swing set.  Bravo?  You really need to step up your game, because WGAF about stuff like that, let alone during your grand finale? 

• Love 3

Yay, the episode is OnDemand so I can watch the whole thing now. I doubt my impressions will change much but I still want to see how it ended.

I like that LisaR's daughters instinctively reached out and held hands while they were on the swing set. That was a sweet moment that felt very natural. I also liked that Harry gave the groundskeeper the fourth glass and used the bottle for himself. 

Lol, I didn't know that the prince was menacing people on Millionaire Matchmaker as well.

I found them particularly cruel because, as http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-5/blogs/brandi-glanville/brandi-you-cant-confirm-what Brandi says in her blog, Kim's hands have been pretty full.  Monty got the news that there was no hope left around March 12, and apparently the child story is true as well. 

Kim's seemed extremely together to me for most of the season really.  What a pity the entire season had to focus on this, and poor, poor, poor Kyle the victim/martyr.  YAWN.

I didn't see a person who was extremely together in this season at all, not even close. In my opinion, people who are extremely together at least seem to know what day it is and they certainly don't go around challenging other people about it. People who are extremely together aren't sloppy messes who go around raging and insulting while their false lashes are coming off. PWAET don't go around making stupid bold faced lies on camera where they're accusing family members of theft. They don't scream at multiple people inside of a restaurant. They don't immediately scream "You're LYING!!" when another person offers to show them cancelled checks that show proof of the amounts given. They are capable of saying more than blah, blah, blah, when it comes to discussing their sobriety on camera. (It's been well established in this season as well as past seasons that Kim has no problem discussing her sobriety on camera--when it suits her purpose of course so this can't be used as an excuse that makes any sense.) People who are extremely together are capable of making and accepting apologies. 

• Love 23

Where did this observation come from? I've never seen Kyle do anything remotely shady. Quite frankly, she's not smart enough to pull it off. And she CANNOT keep her mouth shut. If this was her motivation, she would have said it to someone or cried about it at some point. I would venture a guess that if there were any reason Kyle suggested Kim be a housewife was because it would give Kim something to do since.....she doesn't do.....anything? And that maybe if she had something to do or a perceived purpose in life she would knock off the drinking.

Because Kim IS an addict. Sober or not, she's an addict and always will be one. Lisa R was speaking truth. I see no reason why ANYONE including Kim should be upset with her at all for it.

For what it's worth, Kyle did say on some show or another (reunion? WWHL?) that she thinks part of the reason she wanted Kim to do the show was to put all of her problems in the spotlight. She wanted it to either all come out OR force her to face her issues and get herself well. So yeah nice work Kyle.

• Love 2

"Sympathy Card" when her dad was in the hospital and his situation had been critical for quite a while?  I think she had every right to not want to get into housewife bullshit that night, and I think it's understandable that she wasn't up for that crap. 

I get not liking her, and that's fine, more than fine really, but it's not as if she faked her dad's close call with death.  I saw a woman trying to hold herself together long enough to get through the finale, and, other than with Lisa, I didn't see tears.  I think they came with Lisa because they really had been friends, in real life, not just for the show, and Brandi's real life was pretty scary right then, so it brought out an understandable break in the "show" facade when Lisa was bringing up the stupid slap at a time like that.  She's obviously apologized, said she sent her an email to further apologize, and said it was stupid of her to do it, etc.

Lisa doesn't have to forgive her, that's up to Lisa, but to "play show" when Brandi's dad might be dying was just too much for her right then.

• Love 5

Ok gang, it feels like 9 pages is when we always go off the rails. 1) I'm in the process of moving all the Kingsley posts over to Kim's thread because they're not related to this episode. 2) Please stop snarking each other. You can disagree without being rude. I've seen you all do it before! Thank you!

• Love 4

But this is the thing for me...I am not convinced that Kim isn't sober. I know, I know, the pill slip up. But I have just been struck all season by how mostly together Kim is in other ways; in ways we haven't seen her together before when she is actively using. She makes it to the events, she is on time, she is engaged in the process, conversing with the others. This is extremely different from the way we all know that Kim behaves when she isn't sober. Not only that, but I cannot get past how good she has looked this season. Yes, she still looks rough because years of sun and lord knows whatever damage will take their toll. But compare her to past seasons. S2 when she was high/drunk all the time and she was just skin and bones. Even in S3 when she was supposedly sober her hair looked like shit. She wasn't maintaining herself. Kim's hair looks spectacular this season. That might sound like a small thing, but it isn't. It is not easy to maintain that length or that color. While it is not the style I would chose, it looks shiny and healthy, and she is styling it. All of this would require regular trips to the salon to maintain, something that the Kim of the past wouldn't have been able to pull off.

The pill mishap isn't what makes me doubt every single word I have just typed. The thing that makes me doubt it is the words from Brandi Glanville's own lips. She is the one who makes me step back - every time I tell myself that Kim is sober I then say, "but what then was Brandi talking about"? What were the words "it is worse than anyone knows" about? When Lisar said that they needed to address the issues before something bad happened, Brandi said "it already has". That is the thing for me. Everyone keeps talking about how unfair it is for Kim's sobriety to be questioned based on one pill and that is not a fact. If Lisar had come to Brandi and they had began their discussion and Brandi would have said something different, something like "she made a mistake and took one pill but she is sorry, freaked out about it, and otherwise seems fine to me. I think it was just a mistake and I am not worried about her at all" then for the most part, it probably would have ended right there. Brandi is the one who ramped up the fear about Kim and so far she has gotten away with it.

At the end the only thing I am sure of is that Kim Richards is an asshole. She is a whole ball of narcissistic need, want and jealousy that will suck the life out of everyone who loves her. I would almost rather believe that she is using again that believe that she is sober. If she is using than at least we could blame it all on that. If she is sober than this is just her toxic personality and I am not sure there is a cure for that.

I am a founding member of The Brandi Glanville Is A Lying Liar Who Lies, Grifting Grifter Who Manipulates Club and I fell for it. It's dawning on me that, like she did in season three when she alleged that Adrienne was suing her, Brandi may have hijacked another season over something that was untrue.

Edited by quinn
  • Love 9

LOL at Kathy asking Adrienne if she's doing magic now. That was my favorite bit.

"Sympathy Card" when her dad was in the hospital and his situation had been critical for quite a while?  I think she had every right to not want to get into housewife bullshit that night, and I think it's understandable that she wasn't up for that crap. 

I get not liking her, and that's fine, more than fine really, but it's not as if she faked her dad's close call with death.  I saw a woman trying to hold herself together long enough to get through the finale, and, other than with Lisa, I didn't see tears.  I think they came with Lisa because they really had been friends, in real life, not just for the show, and Brandi's real life was pretty scary right then, so it brought out an understandable break in the "show" facade when Lisa was bringing up the stupid slap at a time like that.  She's obviously apologized, said she sent her an email to further apologize, and said it was stupid of her to do it, etc.

Lisa doesn't have to forgive her, that's up to Lisa, but to "play show" when Brandi's dad might be dying was just too much for her right then.

These are the consequences for Brandi's actions. It's Brandi's job to interact with these women and since she decided fuck them all over in one way or another I think she should have to deal with it whether or not her father is ill. If she's strong enough to attend the party then IMO she's strong enough to listen to Eileen or Lisa explain why they have a problem with her and her behavior. This isn't cruel and unusual punishment. This is a woman who is trying to explain why she doesn't particularly want to be close with a woman who thinks that it's okay to slap her if they're getting close. ETA:(BTW I don't mean close as in physically close but close emotionally. Brandi thought it was okay to slap Lisa because she thought they were in a "good place". I'm putting this in italics because it speaks to how crazy and yes, unhinged Brandi Glanville is.) We're talking about one woman telling another woman why she has a problem with a woman who does things like call her a homewrecker and throws wine in her face.  

Brandi's lame email obviously didn't mean a thing and I can understand why. Brandi's apologies suck and this one has been no different. Brandi is the one who wanted to take Lisa to task for not caring about her enough and Lisa is like 'Erm, Hello? What part of we aren't close friends anymore don't you understand?' Brandi knows what she did and she wants it to be like nothing ever happened but life doesn't work that way. This is part of Brandi not wanting to accept responsibility for her behavior despite her protestations to the contrary. 

Brandi wonders why she will always be thought of as the bad guy and to me it's obvious that she'll always be considered to be the bad guy if she continues to behave like the bad guy. Simple as that yet she acts like it's all so puzzling and hard to figure out. 

Edited by Avaleigh
  • Love 22

I would like to address Brandi's physically aggressive argument with LisaV.  She stepped in, she leaned over, she brought her hand gestures to within inches of Lisa's face and then she grabbed Lisa's wrists and held her.  If you look close you can see Mauricio in the background watching and almost standing up.  If I had been on the receiving end of a playful Brandi slap I really would have been frightened by her actions.

She is unhinged.

I think she's at Kelly Bensimon-level crazy/unhinged - to the point where I think it's dangerous for her and exhausting for viewers. The argument with Lisa you cited was bizarre beyond belief (I love you, I hate you, you're nothing, go away, I apologize), and then there's the wine throw at Eileen, the slap in Amsterdam, and her totally unhinged meltdown on WWHL earlier this season. Was Kelly let go after Scary Island, or did she come back for one more season? Makes me wonder if the producers pay attention to this, or even care?

• Love 12

Motorcitymom65 Huh, I don't think I've ever seen one of these shows end with a cliff-hanger, but to me that is exactly what this was. Usually the girls pretty much know all of the secrets and lies by the end of the season. It has all been hashed out and can be debated endlessly at the reunion.  Not this time. Kim has no idea what Brandi has been saying. Lisar really protected Brandi by not expressing how dire Brandi had made it all seem, and of course Kim has no idea that Brandi was crying to Jennifer.

This week and last week! We all thought Kim's "You're lying!" was about Kyle revealing Brandi's treachery, but it was about The Goddamn House, and this week, none of the secrets were revealed. We, the viewers, deserve to see Brandi and Kim tear each other's jugulars out. It better happen on the reunion now that Kim's seen the episodes.

sistaladybug What could [Kim] possibly say that would really have any effect on the Rinna-Hamlin's life together?  Fuck Kim and her junkie gossip.  Let her slur whatever tomfoolery she wants.  No one could care less about her.  She doesn't have any power.  She's not a mover and shaker.  She can't keep Harry from any jobs.  She isn't capable of taking food out of anyone's mouth or money out of anyone's pocket.  She's the same chick who was crawling on her hands and knees, frantically searching baggies for imaginary remnants.  Her word means nothing.

That's a great point. Kim Richards is no one and nobody.

• Love 3

I saw Xanax interacting with wine and chickens coming home to roost.

I can understand Brandi being upset over the situation with her father. My father actually did die, it was completely sudden and I was an emotional wreck for a good year, so I get the barely holding it together. The difference is, my friends and coworkers were supportive, understanding and let my emotionally irrational behavior slide because they understood I was grieving.....and I'm not a raging asshole who lies, manipulates, and leaves a destructive wake of relationships in my day to day life. Brandi wanting sympathy and consideration from these women? She reaps what she sows.

• Love 20

Eileen Davidson Confronts Brandi Glanville in Unaired RHOBH Scene (VIDEO)

LOL Brandi using her deflection game on Eileen now.

What I find annoying about this, among other things, is Brandi is always saying, "This is who I am.  Accept me the way I am.  If you have a problem with me, just come to me and tell me about it."  Yet the moment someone does tell her about it, she's all about deflecting and defending.  She doesn't stand there and say, "Yes, I did that and I'm not really sorry.  Accept me the way I am or don't, but I'm not apologizing." 

• Love 12

I get not liking her, and that's fine, more than fine really, but it's not as if she faked her dad's close call with death.

If he was that close to death, I would expect her to be by his side.  Screw Bravo and filming the finale.  Some things are more important than attending a party with a bunch of raving lunatics.  Kyle's in a lose-lose situation with Kim.  All will be forgiven when Kim needs her again. Lather, rinse, repeat.

• Love 10

If he was that close to death, I would expect her to be by his side.  Screw Bravo and filming the finale.  Some things are more important than attending a party with a bunch of raving lunatics.  Kyle's in a lose-lose situation with Kim.  All will be forgiven when Kim needs her again. Lather, rinse, repeat.

The women are allowed to miss events for various reasons including family emergencies. We know that camera time is most important to Brandi. 

• Love 13

I think she's at Kelly Bensimon-level crazy/unhinged - to the point where I think it's dangerous for her and exhausting for viewers. The argument with Lisa you cited was bizarre beyond belief (I love you, I hate you, you're nothing, go away, I apologize), and then there's the wine throw at Eileen, the slap in Amsterdam, and her totally unhinged meltdown on WWHL earlier this season. Was Kelly let go after Scary Island, or did she come back for one more season? Makes me wonder if the producers pay attention to this, or even care?

You forgot:  I love you, this is bullshit, my dad is better than you and Ken combined..., lol.

• Love 13

Rewatching ... Lisa V approaches Brandi to say, "I got your email." Brandi replies, "Lisa? I don't care about this conversation [already crying].  ...  My Dad is dying!" Etc. She was a drunken mess before Lisa even approached her.

"He's the best person on the planet!" I thought I was, but whatever. And I agree she probably wasn't welcome at the hospital.

• Love 15
Adrienne’s party is the big finale of our journey this year. Everyone is there, and Adrienne always excels at events. So here we go. First off, my mind was not on the party at all. My father was recently hospitalized, and I didn’t leave his side for two weeks.

In the end, I left the party early. Why? Not because of a past friendship with Lisa V. It's not her that made me cry--I was crying for my father, my dad! I was in no place to be at a superficial party, discussing a superficial incident with a person who was clearly not a friend, not that night. I said I would show up, and I did. After that, I wanted to be with my real close friends and family. Since this party my dad came out of the ICU and after 2 entire months and after a long stressful time I want to thank Dr. Allen Morris and all the doctors and nurses at Mercy General Hospital of Sacramento for saving my dad's life yet agin for the second time in 15 years. He is doing much better and continuing his hope of a full recovery.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-5/blogs/brandi-glanville/brandi-you-cant-confirm-what

Apparently she was allowed at the hospital.   It was the finale night, and unlike some of these housewives, this IS a job for Brandi, and she needs the money.  Not showing up for the finale, really, taking a few hours away since it was her turn to have the boys anyway, seems reasonable to me.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 4

Wow. Brandi ( along with Bravo's assistance) has successfully hijacked the Beverly shills franchise. She is NOT "Beverly Hills" material. I want to watch elegant, cultured, gracious women who possess the kind of seemingly effortless manners necessary to be accepted onto Bevetly Hills society. You know, women who don't shout out the word "finger-banging" at a dinner party. I'm not sure how Brandi, an uneducated, classless, rude and sloppy drunk became the focus of this show, but I won't watch her anymore. Thank goodness the New York franchise is beginning soon. "Beverly Hills" is done.

• Love 13

What I find annoying about this, among other things, is Brandi is always saying, "This is who I am.  Accept me the way I am.  If you have a problem with me, just come to me and tell me about it."  Yet the moment someone does tell her about it, she's all about deflecting and defending.  She doesn't stand there and say, "Yes, I did that and I'm not really sorry.  Accept me the way I am or don't, but I'm not apologizing."

That is such a great a great point. But she's so in love with herself, and fans tell her how great she is, that when she says "accept me for who I am, and if you have a problem with me, tell me, don't talk behind my back," she's really only thinking about the wonderful and wacky Brandi that she and her fans think she is. She absolutely does NOT want to hear anything critical.

If he was that close to death, I would expect her to be by his side.  Screw Bravo and filming the finale.  Some things are more important than attending a party with a bunch of raving lunatics. 

I don't think he was as sick as she claims, either. (And if he was, what does that say about her that she participated in filming multiple times instead of leaving to be with him?). Wasn't Joyce's father ill last season....I think maybe he died, and she was "excused" from going on some trip, as I remember. Same with Marissa when her father-in-law died suddenly. We all rag on Bravo a lot, but they're not so cold-hearted that they put filming ahead of family emergencies. Brandi does what she wants to do, and only pulled out the "my father's dying" when she was uncomfortable about talking about her behavior. Oh, and big shock -- Brandi's father is fine.

• Love 13

ETA: Responding to WireWrap...

I remember LisaR asking if Kim and Brandi wanted to go shopping alone. LisaR could have handled it the same way Eileen did. Eileen said, "No, I'll go to the museum with Yolanda and Kyle." I thought the ladies had planned a day at the museum together, but Brandi and Kim decided they didn't want to go. That's why Kyle was surprised they had already left when she came down to the lobby. It's why LisaV later said "I didn't want to spend all day in a museum. I'm glad we went shopping. LisaR wasn't obligated to do something that was opposite of what they had all originally planned to do together. She chose to go. No one held a gun to her head. If Yolanda had been feeling better, I bet she would have been very upset that Brandi and Kim did something else and took LisaR and LisaV with them.

Lisar also said that if she had gone with Kyle and Eileen the conversation would have just been a rehash of the previous night. It made odd sense because Kim and Lisar had come to an understanding so she was betting on a peaceful afternoon of shopping. 

• Love 2

I would like to address Brandi's physically aggressive argument with LisaV.  She stepped in, she leaned over, she brought her hand gestures to within inches of Lisa's face and then she grabbed Lisa's wrists and held her.  If you look close you can see Mauricio in the background watching and almost standing up.  If I had been on the receiving end of a playful Brandi slap I really would have been frightened by her actions.

She is unhinged.

I also thought Brandi was getting very grabby with LisaV at the bar, and I wonder if she was trying to keep Lisa from walking away from her? That's really no worse than whatever she thinks Kyle did to her at Poker Night, and she did the same to Kyle that night too. She likes to be intimidating, but then she resorts to "Don't touch me" when things aren't going her way. So who's the hypocrite?

ETA: because "are" and "aren't" are not the same

Another thing I noticed during this scene was Brandi was so in Lisa's face that Lisa's hair actually sort of blew back.  Lisa looked startled, and for a second I thought Brandi spit in her face.  I would be startled, too, if someone was so in my face that their breath made my hair move.  

• Love 9

I'm defending Brandi on this one... and I HATE that. When Kim and Kyle were talking about Nikki's book party, Kim made a joke about promising not to bring Brandi this time. Then, she said Brandi was going to be out of town, anyway.

Later, one of the Wives asked Brandi how Sacramento had been. So, she WAS with her family. She may have just come home for that evening for all we know. Even if family member is sick, you frequently still have to work.

• Love 6

Another thing I noticed during this scene was Brandi was so in Lisa's face that Lisa's hair actually sort of blew back.  Lisa looked startled, and for a second I thought Brandi spit in her face.  I would be startled, too, if someone was so in my face that their breath made my hair move.  

This made me lol. And I have to agree with you.

I'm defending Brandi on this one... and I HATE that. When Kim and Kyle were talking about Nikki's book party, Kim made a joke about promising not to bring Brandi this time. Then, she said Brandi was going to be out of town, anyway.

Later, one of the Wives asked Brandi how Sacramento had been. So, she WAS with her family. She may have just come home for that evening for all we know. Even if family member is sick, you frequently still have to work.

I understand this and typically I'd be inclined to cut Brandi some slack here. What makes me unable to feel sympathy is that she seems like she wants to use her father's illness as a get out of jail free card and I refuse to accept it because Brandi has a stack of cards to use whenever she wants to get out of a situation where she's pissed people off. It's tiresome and it's time for her to grow up. 

Plus, since she's showing up for work, that means she has to work like all the rest of them do and that means having conversations and confrontations like these. Brandi knows what her job is at this point, it isn't like this is some surprise. If she doesn't want the women to come for her then she needs to stop acting like an asshole. I don't think Brandi has learned anything this season though. The only way she seems to get it is if she's cut off. If Bravo were to fire her then she'd be all apologetic and willing to do whatever she could to get back in. Because she continues to get all of these new opportunities like the wine and the cookbook she continues to think that her behavior is acceptable. 

• Love 12

Wow. Brandi ( along with Bravo's assistance) has successfully hijacked the Beverly shills franchise. She is NOT "Beverly Hills" material. I want to watch elegant, cultured, gracious women who possess the kind of seemingly effortless manners necessary to be accepted onto Bevetly Hills society. You know, women who don't shout out the word "finger-banging" at a dinner party. I'm not sure how Brandi, an uneducated, classless, rude and sloppy drunk became the focus of this show, but I won't watch her anymore. Thank goodness the New York franchise is beginning soon. "Beverly Hills" is done.

I can't think of one BHHW who has all these qualities: "elegant, cultured, gracious women who possess the kind of seemingly effortless manners necessary to be accepted onto Bevetly Hills society"

and that's what makes this show so amusing.

• Love 5

That is such a great a great point. But she's so in love with herself, and fans tell her how great she is, that when she says "accept me for who I am, and if you have a problem with me, tell me, don't talk behind my back," she's really only thinking about the wonderful and wacky Brandi that she and her fans think she is. She absolutely does NOT want to hear anything critical.

I don't think he was as sick as she claims, either. (And if he was, what does that say about her that she participated in filming multiple times instead of leaving to be with him?). Wasn't Joyce's father ill last season....I think maybe he died, and she was "excused" from going on some trip, as I remember. Same with Marissa when her father-in-law died suddenly. We all rag on Bravo a lot, but they're not so cold-hearted that they put filming ahead of family emergencies. Brandi does what she wants to do, and only pulled out the "my father's dying" when she was uncomfortable about talking about her behavior. Oh, and big shock -- Brandi's father is fine.

What bothers me about Brandi is she exaggerates so much-I didn't leave his side for two weeks.  Well, bitch (borrowing from Brandi) there weren't two weeks in between her return from Amsterdam and Adrienne Maloof's party.  If she was there 10 days say 10 days not two weeks.  I have no idea what procedures her father underwent but because she exaggerates I tend to think it wasn't a heart transplant.  From what I have cobbled together it was a valve issue.  Originally her tweets were concern over her father hitting his head because he kept passing out-that would mean he was at home not the hospital.  Another thing that bothers me is Brandi took an Australian vacation while her father was still in the hospital in November.  The trip was a gift from the magazine she writes for (a monthly two paragraph column) for her birthday-it wasn't really work. 

I can understand her being emotional and perhaps she should not write Lisa e-mails if she doesn't want to discuss them.  Brandi launched into her crying, irrational tirade before Lisa ever got to the substance of the conversation so it leads me to believe Brandi was trying one more ploy to make Lisa take her back as a friend.

I don't know how her remaining friends deal with the manipulation.  I think Eddie made the right choice.

On a random note-if Brandi travel schedule is examined for the six week period between September 30th and November 16th, Brandi had two one week international trips and a two week trip to Sacramento and yet another trip to Sacramento.  Seems like Leann and Eddie should be getting a great big thank you.  That is pushing joint custody.

• Love 8

That was a really weird episode.  It's almost like they dropped two seriously ill people into a fabulous party and filmed as others tried to interact with them.  

I don't understand what Kathy is doing this season.  She shows up more, and I wish she would say something sometimes, because we're only getting two sides of Kim vs. Kyle dynamic and she has to play a part in all that somehow.  I kept wondering if she was angling for a spin-off with them, or just trying to ensure her kids got a little press.  

I didn't fully understand Kim giving Brandi a pass, except for how happy she was to have someone acknowledge her martyrdom.  She was riding pretty high on that, as others have noted  I hope on the reunion they get a comment from her about Brandi's conversation with the woman from the Dr. Drew show, because that was also pretty damaging.  And unnecessary, but for the way it furthered the Is Kim Sober? plot.

I didn't understand Brandi's conversation with LisaV, either.  At one point LisaV seemed genuinely worried about her (or about herself, because Brandi was off the rails), but also thoroughly confused.  I get that Brandi had other things going on in her life, and I won't judge her for opting to film a few scenes in the middle of it.  Even with that, I thought that whole scene (which felt entirely producer-driven to me) was bizarre.  

And lastly...I don't understand why I'm still watching this.  And reading commentary about it.  Maybe because it's an odd little puzzle with highly dysfunctional people (is that a thing?), or because I like Eileen Davidson from other shows.  They need to mix it up soon, though.  It's not quite as far gone as Jersey is for me, in terms of getting into a weird twisted knot around one tiresome and way-too-personal issue.  But...I think it's getting close.

• Love 5

Yeah, I don't see the point in Brandi coming to work/the party then crying about how she can't talk about anything because of her father. Surgery is serious, heart surgery even more so, but if all you're gonna do is sit there and cry, stay the hell home or at the hospital.

• Love 6

In Brandi's episode blog it says she was by her father's side for two weeks.

"Adrienne’s party is the big finale of our journey this year. Everyone is there, and Adrienne always excels at events. So here we go. First off, my mind was not on the party at all. My father was recently hospitalized, and I didn’t leave his side for two weeks."

On a random note-if Brandi travel schedule is examined for the six week period between September 30th and November 16th, Brandi had two one week international trips and a two week trip to Sacramento and yet another trip to Sacramento.  Seems like Leann and Eddie should be getting a great big thank you.  That is pushing joint custody.

Well, in her blog she said that she has decided to add Leann to her "flight prayer" list so I guess she's making progress. ;-)

• Love 1

Plus, since she's showing up for work, that means she has to work like all the rest of them do and that means having conversations and confrontations like these. Brandi knows what her job is at this point, it isn't like this is some surprise.

Exactly. She knows the drill. The end-of-the-season parties are always planned specifically to gather all the ladies and have them address all the feuds, drama, etc... And what does Brandi do? She says "I can't talk about this" and leaves early. I hope the producers took note.

• Love 5

My impression was that Lisa didn't want to talk about Kim's sobriety (or lack there of) based on what happened in Amsterdam. She said she didn't want Lisa to talk about it and Kim was bringing up stuff that happened weeks ago (before Kim laid the smackdown). If I were Lisa, I would've just said, "Let's talk about this later." Or I would've just answered Kim's question and told her I was done with the subject. I don't understand why Kim gets to decide when and where these confrontations occur.

Kyle was the one who opened that ugly door at Adrienne's party by asking LisaR to back her up by telling Kim her version of the Brandi/LisaR lunch conversation.  LisaR didn't want to get into it but Kyle (and Eileen) were all over her.

Apparently, the Bichard Sisters are so concerned with themselves, that they don't put any thought into how their actions effect others.  Kim does it because she's Kim (drunk or sober) and mean.  Kyle does it because she's an attention whore.  She wants everyone to watch her suffer and feel sorry for her.  

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 5

Eileen Davidson Confronts Brandi Glanville in Unaired RHOBH Scene (VIDEO)

LOL Brandi using her deflection game on Eileen now.

Brandi is a deflector.  Kim is an alcoholic.  Kyle is an enabler. Now, about Eileen....

I know I'm a lonely cheese here but it has to be said.  She's....odd.  Bravo gave her an awesome edit this season and she should quit while she's ahead.  She has a calm side but sure as I'm sitting here, she's wound up tighter than LisaV's girdle.

That's twice we've heard her say she went to an event (the other time was the cruise in Amsterdam) to get resolution. She's absolutely itching for a fight but for some reason Bravo didn't allow her to have it.  They let Lisa Rinna throw the glass when Eileen's throwin' finger was twitchy all season.  Another time she went looking for resolution was when she met LisaR for wine in Amsterdam.  I almost feel bad that she keeps trying so hard yet coming away without getting whatever it is she's looking for. 

She said at the end, "I came to this party looking for resolution.  And I'm not getting it.  It drives me crazy."  I don't think it's resolution she's looking for.

• Love 7

And of course Brandi always tells the truth.

Now that it is in her blog I'm sure the tabloids will be asking Brandi to provide details about the two week period.   They'll probably ask for a copy of her plane ticket, receipts to show she was at the hospital and sworn testimony from hospital staff, Lol

Edited by talula
  • Love 1

Brandi is a deflector.  Kim is an alcoholic.  Kyle is an enabler. Now, about Eileen....

I know I'm a lonely cheese here but it has to be said.  She's....odd.  Bravo gave her an awesome edit this season and she should quit while she's ahead.  She has a calm side but sure as I'm sitting here, she's wound up tighter than LisaV's girdle.................

..............She said at the end, "I came to this party looking for resolution.  And I'm not getting it.  It drives me crazy."  I don't think it's resolution she's looking for.

Who goes to a party "looking for resulution?"   That is odd.  

Perhaps Eileen needs to write "there's a time and a place for everything"  100x on the blackboard while her son is doing his homework.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 6

Or follow her tweets when she says she packing to go to see him on the 15th of October.  It is Brandi's own admissions that sink her.

Who goes to a party "looking for resulution?"   That is odd.  

Perhaps Eileen needs to write "there's a time and a place for everything"  100x on the blackboard while her son is doing his homework.

It is interesting coming from a person who makes her living by working on soap operas that survive because of a lack of resolve.  Maybe it works better for her in her personal life to have everything neatly tied up.

• Love 3

She said at the end, "I came to this party looking for resolution. And I'm not getting it. It drives me crazy." I don't think it's resolution she's looking for.

It is, as evidenced by her talk with LisaR at the bar in Amsterdam, as well as how they both discussed it in their blogs. LisaR's turn-about confused Eileen, so she addressed it with her, and while she challenged her a bit on stuff, she eventually came to an understanding. That's how it works, or at least can work, between mature adults. It didn't work with Kim and Brandi, because they're both immature and/or drunk/high.

• Love 12

Kyle was the one who opened that ugly door at Adrienne's party by asking LisaR to back her up by telling Kim her version of the Brandi/LisaR lunch conversation.  LisaR didn't want to get into it but Kyle (and Eileen) were all over her.

I kind of get why Eileen is in on this. I feel like this is the second time where LisaR has done something that has felt a little disloyal when it comes to the other ladies. I felt it in Amsterdam and now I'm feeling it again with her refusal to just own what she said and leave it at that. 

I think there was a lot more good than bad with LisaR but I'm side eyeing her a bit because I'm puzzled by her motivation. I don't see how she thinks that not saying anything would earn her any points from anyone so I don't get it. Some people think that she's all about camera time but here was her opportunity to have the spotlight on herself and her thoughts on the situation but she doesn't want to say anything. 

She's absolutely itching for a fight but for some reason Bravo didn't allow her to have it.  They let Lisa Rinna throw the glass when Eileen's throwin' finger was twitchy all season.  

I'm not sure that this is true. If Eileen was itching for a fight she had many opportunities and didn't go for it. She didn't want to fight with Brandi on the night of the wine toss, she didn't want to fight with Brandi during the retarded apology, and even when she bristled over the homewrecker comment she just very simply told Brandi that she didn't want to be called that, Brandi doesn't know the situation, and she wants her to drop it. She was direct, to the point, and she didn't start throwing insults the way that Brandi does when somebody says something that Brandi doesn't like. 

• Love 14