Type keyword(s) to search

SoCharmers in the Media: The Post & Courier

• Start Topic

Landon has a blurb in People Mag. That basically says she why it Southern Charm to pursue her Dweems of ..Real Estate.

Bitch no you were fired.

(Arrt and twavel and 3 gladiola in a vase hospitality) 

I'm sure she will be successful because. " she pretty much crushes everything she tries." Christ

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Nancypants said:

Landon has a blurb in People Mag. That basically says she why it Southern Charm to pursue her Dweems of ..Real Estate.

Bitch no you were fired.

(Arrt and twavel and 3 gladiola in a vase hospitality) 

I'm sure she will be successful because. " she pretty much crushes everything she tries." Christ

Landon seems like she scoots by in life simply because she came from an upper-middle class family and is a cute, skinny white female. It helped her marry up, get a nice divorce settlement and end up on a reality show for a few years. I'm sure it'll help her eventually find a new husband or at least have a comfy life in the LA area selling a few houses here and there.

She has that whole entitled millennial attitude down despite being in her mid-30's. I guess that and her voice are why most of us are not Landon fans---can't say that I'm too sorry to see her go, even though she never bothered me all that much; she's just yet another glorified basic bitch, honestly.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Sun-Bun said:

Landon seems like she scoots by in life simply because she came from an upper-middle class family and is a cute, skinny white female. It helped her marry up, get a nice divorce settlement and end up on a reality show for a few years. I'm sure it'll help her eventually find a new husband or at least have a comfy life in the LA area selling a few houses here and there.

She has that whole entitled millennial attitude down despite being in her mid-30's. I guess that and her voice are why most of us are not Landon fans---can't say that I'm too sorry to see her go, even though she never bothered me all that much; she's just yet another glorified basic bitch, honestly.

She's leaving the show? How did I miss that? 

Agree with you that she's one of those special people who are entitled to everything. Why? I'm sure because that's the way she was brought up to think. 

Sorry. A bird flew into my window in the middle of writing that and died. If my thought on Landon isn't cohesive it's because I care about that poor finch than Landon. 

• Love 4

I would like her a little if she were not so damn useless and did not think the World owed her the rank of Leisure Class.

I had money in the 90's , got bumped back to Steerage, now I. Work part time retail and alsoclean houses for a meager living, but have way more Self Esteem than when I "had it all" I'm not Mad at the world. If she walked a mile in my shoes, shed be crying like the Little Bish that she is. Grow up girl.

I think this is why I cannot Stand her.

• Love 4

“His girlfriend Ashley is a sweetheart, and we’ve become really good friends, and she’s moved to Charleston and is getting her nursing license to switch over,” Clements says. “Everyone is happy trying to figure it all out.”

http://people.com/tv/landon-clements-explains-southern-charm-exit/amp/

I guess we now know who will be replacing Landon on the opening credits...

Edited by slowpoked
  • Love 3

On Twitter Shep is touting his show and talking about how hilarious it will be. And I'm thinking, "Yeah, you also said this past season of Southern Charm was going to be hilarious, and it sure wasn't." 

• Love 2

From the [Hilton Head] Island Packet:

The Bravo show you love to pretend you don’t watch is filming on Hilton Head today

Keep your eyes out for “Southern Charm” stars on Hilton Head Island today.

Shep Rose, Craig Conover and Austen Kroll were seen Tuesday at Haig Point on Daufuskie Island, and the cast (we’re not sure how many of them) will be filming today on Hilton Head, which, as you know, is Shep’s hometown.

13 hours ago, b2H said:

It's a shame that filming had already wrapped up before last week's snow hit Charleston.  I'd've liked to see them deal with that.

Shep spent most of the time in a bar so same old same old.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 5
On 2/4/2018 at 2:24 PM, biakbiak said:

I cant take any blind item seriously that paints Thomas as a rational southern gentleman.

I don't understand his appeal. I am a firm believer Thomas is a narcissist. I was with a man like him, older. They seem to master being "a nice guy" to everyone else, but treat their mates poorly. Have the mates doubting their sanity and stability. Mates look crazy and unreasonable in front of people, but, when no one's looking the psych abuse is happening.

https://allaboutthetea.com/2018/01/29/southerncharm-exclusive/

Lol. He fooly(intended mispelling) messed with these women's minds.

I do not like Landon but I'm glad she sniffed his ish out and kept it moving. If you get dissed by the most desperate...that is telling

16 hours ago, Atlanta said:

He's just as crazy. No, Kathryn and his other GFs and exes aren't saints, but he isn't either. I think he welcomes it.

I think he may be crazier.  And hogging chromosomes.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, CopperHuedHoosier said:

Lol. He fooly(intended mispelling) messed with these women's minds.

I think this discussion has been going on in his thread but its clearly planted by pro Thomas/Ashley pr campaign but they can't produce the receipts and Thomas is cray cray and based on her IG so is ahe. It leads to believe and his crazy rants on SM he is not going to come off well!

• Love 4
11 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

http://people.com/tv/kathryn-dennis-landon-clements-fired-southern-charm/

Kathryn Dennis claims Landon Clements didn’t decide her own fate Southern Charm.

During an appearance on The Morning Breath on Monday, Dennis claimed that the decision for Clements to leave the show “was Bravo’s.”

Of course, I totally believe everything that comes out of Kathryn’s mouth.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

Of course, I totally believe everything that comes out of Kathryn’s mouth.

Well it's entirely possible both of them are telling the truth. It's possible Bravo has no plans of having Landon back, and Landon not wanting to come back as well. I wouldn't be surprised if the feeling is mutual. Landon did give that burnt out feeling during the reunion. To be honest, only the men seemed excited during the reunion. Most women had that air of "Thank God this is over..."

• Love 4
On 2/12/2018 at 9:37 AM, Mindthinkr said:

The only Saint in his life is his son. 

Wonder how little Saint is doing - there was a lot of talk about the effects of his mother’s alcohol and drug use while she was pregnant. Hope he’s well!

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, slowpoked said:

They're doing the promo shots today. Looks like Naomi and Chelsea will now be part of the main cast.

No, it’s Chelt-sea. If Cam has anything to say about it. :) I cannot wait to see her baby story unfold. Her Instagram photos are a riot. And a blessing.

• Love 2

Didn't know where else to post these here, but I'm genuinely stoked about the early buzz on SC NOLA so far---these are some tips courtesy of various Instagrams, and even Patricia is touting a far more accomplished and diverse cast than the sleaze SC Savannah provided((but then again, Whitney had nothing to do with the casting or production of that shitfest)):

IMG_4482.PNG

IMG_4483.PNG

IMG_4484.PNG

And in other random SC news, Naomi's new nose job is giving her shades of Jennifer Grey unrecognizability...

IMG_4485.PNG

Edited by Sun-Bun
  • Love 3
36 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Having lived in NOLA I can’t wait to see this! I think the other Southern Charm locations have out lived their lives and are about ready to be put out to pasture. 

Agreed, and I say this as a hardcore fan---we're coming up on the 5th season of SC Charleston. How many more stories need to be told about this cast? Seems like they're all played out by now: T-Rav and Kathryn are currently raising the kids separately and are both moving on with their separate lives, abandoning their crazy public outbursts for the sanity of stability. Cameron is settling into full-time motherhood with her doctor husband. Craig is likely busier pursuing new projects for his career. Landon left town to go be a realtor while Whitney is still living his weird LA producer life and checking in on his mom and her caftan biz/butler/dogs now and then. Shep and Austen are still out boozing and chasing random chicks at bars.

Likely after this season it'd be a good idea to wrap the original show up and focus on the newer casts/cities for the franchise; maybe just offer an annual reunion special/segment to peek at the original cast's current lives, if necessary.

"Shahs of Sunset" just wrapped up its fifth season and it had a very necessary sense of finality---the cast just seemed tired and mostly over each other. And unlike the constantly evolving casts/relationships of the Housewives shows, I think focusing on mostly the same folks in these ensemble casts after 5 seasons is long enough for a good full run, otherwise things just get stale and everything feels extra forced.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Sun-Bun said:

Didn't know where else to post these here, but I'm genuinely stoked about the early buzz on SC NOLA so far---these are some tips courtesy of various Instagrams, and even Patricia is touting a far more accomplished and diverse cast than the sleaze SC Savannah provided((but then again, Whitney had nothing to do with the casting or production of that shitfest)):

IMG_4482.PNG

IMG_4483.PNG

IMG_4484.PNG

And in other random SC news, Naomi's new nose job is giving her shades of Jennifer Grey unrecognizability...

IMG_4485.PNG

Omg, why Naomie?  She was already stunning.  Why do women want to look like the blandest version of themselves?

• Love 9
23 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

To be so beautiful that they no longer stand out as a beauty. 

Agreed, guys---I really liked her original nose and thought she was such a unique beauty, very European...now she just looks more generic, less distinctively pretty. I applaud her for being open about her surgery on her Instagram, but she practically looks like a different person now.

• Love 8

My grands and generations back were from New Orleans. I was hoping for true New Orleans locals, who are like no one else on earth, but instead it appears they are casting nouveau riche latecomers. Too bad.
Also, in the news world, traffic reporters are not really anchors.

• Love 6

I love how Pat says they made SCNOLA racially diverse "to make it more interesting." Something about that just doesn't sit right with me.

I'm reserving judgment on Naomie's nose until I see a full-on shot of her face. Her old nose was giving me Princess Tiana (in frog form) teas, though I still wouldn't have called her ugly, so I'm slightly interested in whether the new nose is an improvement or if she just ruined her special sauce.

• Love 4
On 2/19/2018 at 4:29 PM, link417 said:

I love how Pat says they made SCNOLA racially diverse "to make it more interesting." Something about that just doesn't sit right with me.

I'm not surprised. Cam is only one who has been filmed with friends of color. Thomas' dad is a racist. It's pretty clear that this crew is pretty white.

• Love 3
On 2/19/2018 at 10:24 AM, HunterHunted said:

She now looks like one of those generic girls on the Bachelor.

I read that her nose has bothered her since she was a young girl.  I get how certain things settle in at a young age and are hard to shake.  

Nose jobs are fine on some but not all.    I agree with all who think Naomi was prettier and had more character with her original nose.  Same with LaLa over at Vanderpump Rules. 

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Babyfoot said:

More manufactured drama, I see. But I'm interested in the Thomas-New GF-Kathryn whatever that is.

Shep looks like a minor character this season. Might as well, he already had his own show.

Naomie will seem to amp up the bitchiness.

And Austen will be exposed for the real douchebag that he is. Glorious. 

• Love 3

Trailer looks like SC is becoming more and more Real Housewives, though I guess there are several cast members who aren't married.

But the same formula, to have confrontations over nothing.

Seems like every other scene is people talking at someone else, doing the finger-wagging thing.

You almost wonder if they were coached or the scenes were scripted to be like that ...

• Love 3
1 hour ago, scrb said:

Trailer looks like SC is becoming more and more Real Housewives, though I guess there are several cast members who aren't married.

But the same formula, to have confrontations over nothing.

Seems like every other scene is people talking at someone else, doing the finger-wagging thing.

You almost wonder if they were coached or the scenes were scripted to be like that ...

This show is heavily, heavily manipulated and scripted, no matter how many times the cast members shout to the rooftops "We're just being ourselves!!!!"

They have a video on Bravo introducing Chelsea as the new cast member for Season 5. I thought they would make Naomie a full-time castmember too but I guess not.

• Love 2