Type keyword(s) to search

SoCharmers in the Media: The Post & Courier

• Start Topic

On 3/8/2018 at 12:45 PM, slowpoked said:

New cast photo for Season 5

I've been in shock about two things from this promo pic since I first saw it:

-Shep looks like complete dogshit in this photo. I know it's been 5 seasons now and everyone looks a bit rougher around the edges(check the Season 1 pic out below for comparison---time hasn't been too kind to Whitney either), but he definitely has aged the most, even over ol' T-Rav.

-Chelsea is definitely vamping it up now that she's a full-time cast member. I honestly thought that was Thomas's hot new girlfriend at first glance.

IMG_4736.JPG

• Love 4
On 2/12/2018 at 7:37 AM, Mindthinkr said:

The only Saint in his life is his son. 

Old news at this point but I also laughed at one of the screencapped messages that read, “As a man whose theology is rooted in the hermeneutics of John Calvin, you are familiar with the Seven Deadly Sins...”

Well,  first off, those aren’t Calvinism; they’re from third-century monks...

Secondly, I think Thomas is more familiar with the seven deadly sins experientially rather than theologically...

Thirdly, Calvin is probably rolling in his grave over any sort of connection to Thomas.

On 3/11/2018 at 5:52 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

Maybe if he wasn't wearing his little brother's bar mitzvah jacket...

He looks both constipated and over-airbrushed.

• Love 12
35 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Finally saw the preview WTF putting Landon and Thomas in the montage of couples who have split? Like seriouslh how random.

That was a completely producer-contrived "relationship" to begin with.  Never believed that either of them had any interest in the other, at all.

• Love 11

I thought that Shep had a college education!  Frankly we begin to learn spelling in grammar school, leading me to believe that he couldn’t have been hungover or high on that day. Spell check should become his best new buddy. 

P.S. Good catch Major Bigtime

Edited to put Shep’s name in as I had inadvertently used Craig’s name. Thanks to SuprSuperElevated for seeing my mistake. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
As stated above
1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

Small world. Well I think the bigggest difference here is Teddi actually grew up. Shep seems a bit stunted. She did say very nice things about him and his family. 

Wow, Shep even gave her good advice - just be you. Not bad!

• Love 3

I think Shep would look a lot better in the cast photo if he was smiling. That is part of his charm/good looks. But the alcohol truly IS ruining his looks. 

I am pretty sure Teddi lived in Indiana when very young. That is where John Mellencamp is from and he has very strong roots there. She moved to SC after her parent’s divorce I believe, which is why I think she is down to earth. Indiana (and the Midwest) is known for that excellent trait. But then  she met Shep, ha ha.... I wonder if they ever hooked up? Pretty likely. 

I like Chelsea but she is very aware of the camera and always “on” somehow. 

Craig is back...why?? His monotone voice and prissy meddling, no thanks. Why is he always sniffling too....hmmm....

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Sage47 said:

I like Chelsea but she is very aware of the camera and always “on” somehow. 

I mostly like her, but we shall see what the Bravo script magicians do to her for her 2nd season.  They have a tendency to take likeable folks and make them unlikeable.  She does seem to be her biggest fan.

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I mostly like her, but we shall see what the Bravo script magicians do to her for her 2nd season.  They have a tendency to take likeable folks and make them unlikeable.  She does seem to be her biggest fan.

I agree 200 % about her being her own biggest fan. That’s what rubs me the wrong way about her. In bed with Austen (watched the other day) she said, “that was the best night of your life”.  Then later she made a comment about the sex being too quick. Not sure why she has to lightly humiliate him (on TV no less!) I hate people that do that. 

She thinks VERY highly of herself. I think Austen deserves someone who is gaga for him, he’s a cutie! 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Sage47 said:

I think Austen deserves someone who is gaga for him, he’s a cutie! 

Someone ^upthread somewhere indicated that his true colors would be revealed this season, and not good ones.  Which basically fits my idea of the Bravo pattern...take a likeable character from their first season, and flip them into an antagonist.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Someone ^upthread somewhere indicated that his true colors would be revealed this season, and not good ones.  Which basically fits my idea of the Bravo pattern...take a likeable character from their first season, and flip them into an antagonist.

Eh...Austen is a jerk in real life. He got a really good edit in the first season. They needed the good guy vs. Shep, but he's no better than Shep in bed hopping and skirt chasing. He's becoming mini-Shep in bullying people too.

There's bits of it in the first season, if you notice it enough. Austen is like Landon that way - "Who, me? I don't know why girls are all over me.... I'm just really friendly..can't help it if they sit on my lap or something..."

• Love 5
3 hours ago, ProudMary said:

I still can't believe how pretentious he is about his obnoxious nasty little friends and his shit show. There's nothing rarified about this mess. His friends are just as awful as any housewife, SURver, or any other reality TV cast. The only difference is that the assholes on Southern Charm come from money and prominent families, which makes it so much worse because they should know better.

• Love 12
On 3/23/2018 at 11:53 AM, Mindthinkr said:

Small world. Well I think the bigggest difference here is Teddi actually grew up. Shep seems a bit stunted. She did say very nice things about him and his family. 

On 3/23/2018 at 1:04 PM, nexxie said:

Wow, Shep even gave her good advice - just be you. Not bad!

The next season of RelationShep (John Calvin help us) should feature Teddi as Shep’s “Accountability Coach” in every episode.

• Love 10

Public Service Announcement: Remember to check out the Confessions of a Southern Charm Newbie column for gems such as the following:

I still contend that Whitney is from outer space, basing his entire personality on '80s movies and Buzzfeed quizzes. For evidence, he is dressed in a bright red B-boy tracksuit when he meets Shep. Since Whitney is not a Ukrainian hitman or a cast member of Breakin', I can only assume that he is an extraterrestrial. 

• Love 24

May want to check your DVRs.

My Tivo wasn't going to record tonight, because the program guide thinks it's a repeat of S05E01, even though Bravo's site shows it will be a new ep. at 9 PM and repeats at 11:30 PM.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Babyfoot said:

If these allegations are true, Thomas needs to be kicked off Bravo immediately:

https://www.fitsnews.com/2018/04/18/fitsnews-interview-ashley-perkins-speaks-on-thomas-ravenel-allegations/

FITS is terrible site but they seemed to have researched this.

That’s some juicy stuff, but what’s with the EIGHT sexy photos from the daughter? And then add to it her comment that she doesn’t know how this would impact her modeling career, she’s a serious real estate agent. Mmmmhmm, this is exactly the kind of photo our local Weichert realtor has on her buisness cards and not your entire bikini model portfolio “provided.” (Not victim shaming because this girl is not the victim, but she is cashing in on her mother’s “alleged” [quotes per article when alleged is already a qualifier so you don’t need another qualifier of air quotes] victimization.)

• Love 4

"At this moment, she said she knew he wasn’t going to rape her because he was out of his “trance state” and she demanded he take her home immediately where I met her outside. She had called me from the car and told me to be waiting for her."

Sorry, but I've got real problems with this statement/line of thinking.  If I had just been near-raped by someone, pretty sure that I'm not going to have them drive me anywhere.  Unless the mother is a licensed psychiatrist, I'm not really feeling her ability to analyze his mental state.  

Sad thing is, I can totally see TR doing something like this.  That said, the fact that he settled means very little.  People settle litigation each and every day, simply for financial reasons.  Cheaper to settle than to litigate.

It will be interesting to see how or if this plays out.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

"At this moment, she said she knew he wasn’t going to rape her because he was out of his “trance state” and she demanded he take her home immediately where I met her outside. She had called me from the car and told me to be waiting for her."

Sorry, but I've got real problems with this statement/line of thinking.  If I had just been near-raped by someone, pretty sure that I'm not going to have them drive me anywhere.  Unless the mother is a licensed psychiatrist, I'm not really feeling her ability to analyze his mental state.  

Sad thing is, I can totally see TR doing something like this.  That said, the fact that he settled means very little.  People settle litigation each and every day, simply for financial reasons.  Cheaper to settle than to litigate.

I think it is settled.  Thomas wrote a check.  

This seems like a straight up criminal case.  

I would be upset with my daughter for going public with this very unsettling incident.  The victim chose her course of action and by choosing mediation she obviously wanted to keep it private.  I am sure Bravo is aware and of course did nothing.  Ashley should pay attention.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Not so fast. Victims react in all kind of ways.

look at this board. People are diagnosing reality tv talent all the time. Nobody has an MD or a PHD.

If he paid, something occurred.  

1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

I think it is settled.  Thomas wrote a check.  

This seems like a straight up criminal case.  

I would be upset with my daughter for going public with this very unsettling incident.  The victim chose her course of action and by choosing mediation she obviously wanted to keep it private.  I am sure Bravo is aware and of course did nothing.  Ashley should pay attention.

Ashley (the nurse) went on a mega meltdown on SM. The rumors are drugs.

Edited by LIMOM
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I do not know if this story is true or not but If TRav hasn't sued it makes me think the odds of it being true are greater.  The part of being driven home, I believe it.  IF true, this situation is not a stranger rape but a rape by someone you were willingly out with and she could have been in shock and not thinking clearly which is completely understandable.  I have heard something similar from someone close to me who was date raped.  A rape they only told a couple of people about (years after).  She was on a date, he wouldn't take no as an answer, proceeded to rape her and then she got a ride home from him.  It was before cell phones and she didn't know quite where she was plus she wasn't thinking clearly.  She just wanted to be home and safe and the once home the reality hit her.  I will never second guess a reaction to a rape.    The daughter did a disservice to her mother's story having her personal modeling pics included.

Edited by Natalie68
  • Love 12

Certainly, anything is possible.  I'm not saying that I totally don't believe the story.  As I said, I can see TR doing this.  What I am saying is that there is room for doubt, which is why these cases are so very difficult, both to prove and disprove.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, LIMOM said:

Ashley (the nurse) went on a mega meltdown on SM. The rumors are drugs.

We need screen caps, links, transcripts—SOMETHING!!! Please.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

We need screen caps, links, transcripts—SOMETHING!!! Please.

It was on the reddit real housewives.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BravoRealHousewives/?count=25&page=2&after=t3_8cyyzp

I am looking for the specific sub. Can’t find it anymore!

apparently: she was on SM and both she and Trav were ranting. Acting all kind of crazy. 

It was about Patricia’s assistant. He slept with her yada, yada. The usual cray-cray.

Edited by LIMOM
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

It was on the reddit real housewives.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BravoRealHousewives/?count=25&page=2&after=t3_8cyyzp

I am looking for the specific sub. Can’t find it anymore!

apparently: she was on SM and both she and Trav were ranting. Acting all kind of crazy. 

It was about Patricia’s assistant. He slept with her yada, yada. The usual cray-cray.

What? Ashley might be acting UNSTABLE? I thought Thomas was going to find a nice, quiet lady for his next girlfriend. LOL! Kathryn can laugh at this all she wants. Thomas is not going to attract a quality woman. 

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, RedHawk said:

What? Ashley might be acting UNSTABLE? I thought Thomas was going to find a nice, quiet lady for his next girlfriend. LOL! Kathryn can laugh at this all she wants. Thomas is not going to attract a quality woman. 

Her pictures are scary.this is beyond summer weight imo.

B85EAE81-5C5E-4817-989B-7E7F38A72509.jpeg

• Love 3
3 hours ago, LIMOM said:

Her pictures are scary.this is beyond summer weight imo.

B85EAE81-5C5E-4817-989B-7E7F38A72509.jpeg

Agreed. Even though I don't like Ashley (especially after seeing her instagram "hats"), I wouldn't wish disordered eating on anyone and this picture with the ribs in her chest showing is disturbing. I hope she's okay. 

Edited by link417
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, LIMOM said:

Thank you! And I call bullshit on AATT — there’s no way they had “scandalous” dirt on KCD and kept it under wraps TO BE NICE. It’s a trashy reality show blog and these types are all about scoops and exclusives, even if it means stealing or making up into to pass off as a scoop/exclusive. Their whole purpose is to spill tea!

I honestly don’t think they’re threatening to spill tea, as they claim; I believe they are threatening to make up awful things about KCD to make her life hell. All because she showed support for Pat (glad Pat’s seen the light about her) and a site that was calling AATT on its bullshit.

Kudos to whoever thought of referring to the TRav/Ashley coupling as Trashley. ?

• Love 8

Apparently, they were both on insta story and acted like morons. I can’t find the direct link anymore. It seems that someone is suppressing INFORMATION or is creating a BUZZ for the show. Truly bizarre.

The weirdest is Ashley inter acting with people on Twitter. Shameless. Lol.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, LIMOM said:

Apparently, they were both on insta story and acted like morons. I can’t find the direct link anymore. It seems that someone is suppressing INFORMATION or is creating a BUZZ for the show. Truly bizarre.

The weirdest is Ashley inter acting with people on Twitter. Shameless. Lol.

I just don't get why anyone expected Thomas to hook up with anyone normal.  I think Thomas and Ashley are playing people.  Their conversations are just uncomfortable-Thomas seems to master the art of mangling simple sentences with all kinds of inside jokes and innuendo. Half the time I feel like they are engaging some kind of Dr. Seuss form of dialogue.  If Kathryn expects people to take her seriously, show her respect and eventually get invited to Patricia's she needs to stop chasing Thomas.  

• Love 4
6 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I just don't get why anyone expected Thomas to hook up with anyone normal.  I think Thomas and Ashley are playing people.  Their conversations are just uncomfortable-Thomas seems to master the art of mangling simple sentences with all kinds of inside jokes and innuendo. Half the time I feel like they are engaging some kind of Dr. Seuss form of dialogue.  If Kathryn expects people to take her seriously, show her respect and eventually get invited to Patricia's she needs to stop chasing Thomas.  

They are most likely playing a “role” on tv. But why play such desperate morons? The new girlfriend looks like she did not eat for months. What is it this time, cocaine or eating disorder? In my opinion, Thomas is just as much of an addict as Katherine was, he just has more connections and better lawyers. The only other alternative is brain damage. He is simply not right.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, LIMOM said:

They are most likely playing a “role” on tv. But why play such desperate morons? The new girlfriend looks like she did not eat for months. What is it this time, cocaine or eating disorder? In my opinion, Thomas is just as much of an addict as Katherine was, he just has more connections and better lawyers. The only other alternative is brain damage. He is simply not right.

Maybe Ashley has an eating disorder; maybe she's overeating cocaine. Or she's a cocaine enthusiast.

The grand irony of the Thomas and Kathryn saga is that she can fail drug tests and he can pass them, but no one believes he's sober either. His behavior is volatile and uncontrollable.

• Love 10