Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E12: Who You Really Are

• Start Topic

Hey, after watching the entire Agent Carter series I saw my first episode of Agents of SHIELD just now.  I thought everyone said the show was bad!?!  Seems pretty good to me :)

• Love 14

I wish they'd just reveal more about Bobbi. Didn't they learn that last season all this secret keeping with plots hurt the show? It's been four months(because of the break). With Skye back to being SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE, I feel like a lot of the course correction of the first half is going off course.  They need to do more with Bobbi because she's awesome and played by an awesome actress, so weighing her down with this bs secret and relationship drama is kind of insulting. She's an Avenger! THough her, "We need to call for real back-up" makes me think she is actual an Avenger here, and is on the team undercover. I hope it's revealed next week. We're back to "Something nice is said about Skye" every episode. "You're so brave Skye, so BRAVE!"

So there was a giant sword fight on a peer with Lady Sif and SHIELD finds outs only when Sif goes into the police. Also given SHIELD is a rogue agency, how can people contact them?

As for all those comments on how, "Inhumans aren't replacing mutants" bs...There was a lot of "Might as well be mutants."....

-They're abominations! The government agency wants to find and kill them!

-Hated and feared by the Kree(and Simmons and soon to be everyone else). They need to be put down.

- "She didn't choose this""I Don't want to be this""You powers will grow and you'll become something even more terrible."

Who wants to bet by the end of the season the Diviners go around the world and awakens thousands or millions of Inhumans? And then  Inhumans are hunted by the goverment and SHIELD spends next season either protecting them or bringing them in aka the X-Men. I can't wait until FItz creates Lerebo and the government Mentinels.

Simmons OOC behavior is so grating that she's now taking FItz' weapon and turning it into a killing machine. Man, what terrible writing.  I love how everyone was mad at Fitz and not Skye. And that Skye overheard that convo(cliche!). We get it, she's going to run to her father or the Inhumans. Can we just skip ahead?

I'm not sure CHloe Bennet can handle this storyline. Her acting was terrible this episode. Her first scene with May was stitled and awkward(which in large part due to the terrible dialogue) but her open mouth "acting" wasn't a help. And then the big confrontation/reveal scene? YIKES....Her scared face looked more like confused and gassy. And some terrible line readings("Mortal Kombat, Blue Man Group, etc..." But man, she was terrible this episode. Just terrible face acting haha.

So far I can't say this Inuman story is going great....There is no real villain(because Hydra was embarassing dismantled, it's way too Skye centric, we've got another stupid mystery plot, it's starting to feel like mutants).

Some pretty terrible dialogue this episode. One of my last favorite episodes since season one

Edited by XtremeOne1
  • Love 5

Glad it didn't take all season for them to learn about Skye, but talk about your xenophobes.  Guess we know what side they'll be on in Civil War.

Xenophobia seems like a strange word to use when we're talking about beings with super powers.  They aren't wary of Skye because she has Alien ties, they're worried because she potentially very dangerous.  

• Love 2

Not my favorite episode, but Fitz continues to be my favorite character. He's making me like Skye and dislike Simmons (shut up, Jemma).

Ugh. Faux-Hydra plants. I miss Trip.

• Love 2

What happens when "Kreeminator" gets home???

Kree Boss: Did you eliminate the abominations on Earth?

Kreeminator: What? I spent the weekend with a hot chick from Asgard.

Kree Boss: WTF....[sigh] You want something done right...

• Love 7

With Skye back to being SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE, I feel like a lot of the course correction of the first half is going off course.

Yet another episode with someone telling Skye how awesome she is -- courtesy amnesiac Lady Sif.

And Skye demonstrates her mad hacking skills again -- by finding a video on Twitter.  Wow, that is so awesome ! I wish I had mad skills like that. </sarcasm>

The special effect with Skye smashing all the panes of glass in slo-mo is even more unimpressive that her previous super slo-mo scene during her transformation.

Once they determined Skye was causing the earthquakes, someone should have just punched Skye in the head and knocked her out, or put her in a sleeper hold -- shooting herself seems a bit extreme, and she didn't appear to be injured from a gunshot wound in her final scene in the interrogation room on the Bus.

They're abominations!

Abomination.  That can be Skye's new X-men .... correction, Inhuman codename.

I'm not sure CHloe Bennet can handle this storyline. Her acting was terrible this episode.

It really was .... pretty bad.

• Love 5

I loved it, and think Chloe Bennet and Iaian are knocking it out of the park.

Mack....dude.  You are making me wish you died instead of Tripp.  

Hunter and Bobbi are boring the shit out of me.

I love Sif, but I think May could have taken her.

shooting herself seems a bit extreme, and she didn't appear to be injured from a gunshot wound in her final scene in the interrogation room on the Bus.

She shot herself with an icer, not a gun.

Edited by mybabyaidan
  • Love 6

I was not crazy about Fitz in this episode -- mainly because of how he talked Skye into not going to Coulson.  Not your call, dude.   It's one thing to protect Skye's secret and it's another to actively squash her when she feels it's the right time to tell.  Idk, I get that he's trying to protect her, but I thought that was incredibly overbearing. 

I'm a little annoyed that the discovery of Inhumans is falling so sharply along the lines of "who's being mean to Skye?" -- I think Chloe Bennet is handling Skye's angst fine, but there seems to be no nuance to Simmons or Mack's positions.  Because I mean, I understand Coulson's position and I even agree with it, but nobody seems to be realistically discussing that uncontrolled earthquakes are frickin' dangerous.  Right now May is about the only person I'd trust farther than I can throw her.

• Love 7

I love that Bobbi can hold her own against a Kree, that's why she's an Avenger. Still don't care about her relationship drama but am interested in who Mac and her are working for. They said it's not Hydra. I still think it's Maria Hill and/or Tony Stark.

I know the Inhumans think they are special but they get some really awful powers. I guess they forgot they were created to be weapons for another alien race. I did like that the other alien races have heard of them. 

Fitz is great, so is May actually. Both of them didn't turn on her. But May knows that Skye's powers are a danger to herself and others. I'm guessing the other Inhumans will be coming for her now. 

May knowing why Lady Sif smiles at the sound of Thor's name. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 4

I thought Lattimer was doing this on his own, before his bosses found out and came to Earth after the Inhumans.

• Love 2

I loved it, and think Chloe Bennet and Iaian are knocking it out of the park.

I think they're in two very different parks. Does anyone watch Parks and Rec and remember that episode "Smallest Park"? That's the park Chloe Bennent is in.

• Love 8

I know the Inhumans think they are special but they get some really awful powers. I guess they forgot they were created to be weapons for another alien race. I did like that the other alien races have heard of them. 

Fitz is great, so is May actually. Both of them didn't turn on her. But May knows that Skye's powers are a danger to herself and others. I'm guessing the other Inhumans will be coming for her now. 

May knowing why Lady Sif smiles at the sound of Thor's name. 

I imagine as genetic experiments that results may vary.  

That said, loved that we didn't wait long on Skye's secret and it seems like we won't be waiting long on Bobbi's secret.  Fitz was really the star of the episode though.

I think they're in two very different parks. Does anyone watch Parks and Rec and remember that episode "Smallest Park"? That's the park Chloe Bennent is in.

Agree to disagree then.  I think she is doing a fantastic job with this storyline, and I am looking forward to where it is going.

Edited by mybabyaidan
  • Love 12

They're not messing about, Skye's secret lasted one whole episode. So the Kree's just coming now to investigate the Imhumans? Why now?

Because the project that created the Inhumans was shut down, and when they went into the city they set off the alarm which let Pete know that the diviners had been activated.  So everything's been dormant, and they mentioned that it's only been a week since they went to the city.

Edited by Jediknight
  • Love 3

I think Chloe Bennet's doing a decent job. Her acting doesn't pull me out of the scene, that's good enough for me. I like Skye and want to see what happens with her. However I do agree they need to stop saying she's so great, it's not necessary. If anyone needs to be told by Lady Sif they are awesome it's Bobbi who again held her own against a Kree. 

Didn't Maria Hill end last season going to work for Stark? (According to the recaps.)

She did, that's why I said and/or. They are either working together or separate. In the comics Bobbi "Mockingbird" Morse is an Avenger. So she could be working for them. 

I imagine as genetic experiments that results may vary.

All the Inhuman powers I read about seem to have a downside.

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 2

I thought Lattimer was doing this on his own, before his bosses found out and came to Earth after the Inhumans.

He spends his time monitoring the universe for diviner signals...happens to have a human disguise kit lying around...suddenly calls in sick and leaves the planet...definitely got some splainin to do.  

The characters on this show frequently say complimentary things to each other. I don't understand how it makes Skye a "special snowflake" any time someone says something nice to her. I could understand the annoyance when Coulson was constantly praising her last season (I've always liked her, but that even annoyed me), but she's been a valuable member of the team for a while now and has done genuinely brave and good things. She's going through a very rough time right now and could use some reassurance. But I've already ranted here before about how I think that "special snowflake" is an essentially meaningless term, so I'll spare you the repeat.

• Love 20

The characters on this show frequently say complimentary things to each other. I don't understand how it makes Skye a "special snowflake" any time someone says something nice to her. I could understand the annoyance when Coulson was constantly praising her last season (I've always liked her, but that even annoyed me), but she's been a valuable member of the team for a while now and has done genuinely brave and good things. She's going through a very rough time right now and could use some reassurance. But I've already ranted here before about how I think that "special snowflake" is an essentially meaningless term, so I'll spare you the repeat.

Because why is she brave for doing her job? And why is Sif saying that to the person who raised a gun to the guy and not the woman who fought him? The praise ratio is way off....

Also special snowflake is not a meanngless term IMO as it fits Skye perfectly. I think it pretty much means a paper thin character who we keep getting told is something she isn't...special. Maybe with stronger writing and acting it would be different but yeah..

The thing is they were doing a good job with her in the first half, a big improvement but they're now repeating ALL the same mistakes with her.

• Love 4

I am not a Hunter fan, yet I wanted to pull Mac's maneuver on him after the stinger (as such.)  I was/ am afraid that Hunter is going to "disappear" and the ease of placing blame on "special snowflake" Skye will be all the thought put into it.  At least after decision to tell us how to feel about Skye and her powers, as opposed to letting the characters have varying shades of fear and ( sorry) marvel at their teammate's new abilities.

I apparently have opinions on the argument scene, so I'll deal with that in the ethics thread.

It was nice to see Eddie McClintock. I think this is the second or third time in as many weeks that he's popped up on a show. I hope he returns. (Geek side is sad; he's not Mar- Vell. I would've bought that  and come back for more.) Glad to see Sif and that she is still awesome as ever. Damn straight May knows why she smiles.

So, the diviners. Are they in various hands or were the Inhumans able to pilfer them?  I also love Phil's approach of "There was only one place that this totally unknown to us race was terragenesis-ing.   We destroyed it enough just now. No way anyone can do that on Earth any more." I thought that spies learned not to think in absolutes.

Fitz is gonna have to Asgardian-proof the holding cell. Simmons isn't letting him into her side of the lab anytime soon, so icers are out.

Poor Mr. Calvada(?), he of the balloon stand. I hope Son of Coul sent him a restitution check. (Galactic) Neighbors be crazy.

edited because "yeti" isn't me upset, despite what the DH says. *g*

Edited by Actionmage
  • Love 1

The point of Sif's complement to Skye here is that it is ironic - Skye didn't stand and fight, she was out of control and knocked herself out of commission.  It needled her because she was scared of discovery, it didn't reinforce her value.

I'm glad they moved forward with the reveal, as her powers are not subtle.  I continue to appreciate Fitz's devotion and his distrust of the others' motives, and I think Simmons's behavior is in character.  She's come down a bit from her PTSD-tinged respose last episode, and she is still working on icers, not guaranteed lethal weapons.  Her goal is to keep the people she has left safe, and as a technical person she will build a margin of safety into her calculations that protects them at the expense of their enemies.  I think she's right to be mad at Fitz and that Fitz is right to be suspicious of her methods.  Hunter, Bobbi, and Mac were right to be nervous about Skye - their concerns are valid.  Skye knows they're valid.  It makes things that much more awkward.

Also, Skye shot herself with an icer, not a standard weapon.

ETA: Next week's return of Cal looks like demented fun.

Edited by MisterGlass
  • Love 8

Hey, after watching the entire Agent Carter series I saw my first episode of Agents of SHIELD just now.  I thought everyone said the show was bad!?!  Seems pretty good to me :)

People's mileage will vary. The show has generally been good IMO, but I can see where people saw some episodes as shaky. Generally, I think Agent Carter was sharper, more compelling, better written, etc. etc.

I wish they'd just reveal more about Bobbi. Didn't they learn that last season all this secret keeping with plots hurt the show? It's been four months(because of the break). With Skye back to being SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE, I feel like a lot of the course correction of the first half is going off course.  They need to do more with Bobbi because she's awesome and played by an awesome actress, so weighing her down with this bs secret and relationship drama is kind of insulting. She's an Avenger! THough her, "We need to call for real back-up" makes me think she is actual an Avenger here, and is on the team undercover. I hope it's revealed next week. We're back to "Something nice is said about Skye" every episode. "You're so brave Skye, so BRAVE!"

So there was a giant sword fight on a peer with Lady Sif and SHIELD finds outs only when Sif goes into the police. Also given SHIELD is a rogue agency, how can people contact them?

As for all those comments on how, "Inhumans aren't replacing mutants" bs...There was a lot of "Might as well be mutants."....

-They're abominations! The government agency wants to find and kill them!

-Hated and feared by the Kree(and Simmons and soon to be everyone else). They need to be put down.

- "She didn't choose this""I Don't want to be this""You powers will grow and you'll become something even more terrible."

Who wants to bet by the end of the season the Diviners go around the world and awakens thousands or millions of Inhumans? And then  Inhumans are hunted by the goverment and SHIELD spends next season either protecting them or bringing them in aka the X-Men. I can't wait until FItz creates Lerebo and the government Mentinels.

Simmons OOC behavior is so grating that she's now taking FItz' weapon and turning it into a killing machine. Man, what terrible writing.  I love how everyone was mad at Fitz and not Skye. And that Skye overheard that convo(cliche!). We get it, she's going to run to her father or the Inhumans. Can we just skip ahead?

I'm not sure CHloe Bennet can handle this storyline. Her acting was terrible this episode. Her first scene with May was stitled and awkward(which in large part due to the terrible dialogue) but her open mouth "acting" wasn't a help. And then the big confrontation/reveal scene? YIKES....Her scared face looked more like confused and gassy. And some terrible line readings("Mortal Kombat, Blue Man Group, etc..." But man, she was terrible this episode. Just terrible face acting haha.

So far I can't say this Inuman story is going great....There is no real villain(because Hydra was embarassing dismantled, it's way too Skye centric, we've got another stupid mystery plot, it's starting to feel like mutants).

Some pretty terrible dialogue this episode. One of my last favorite episodes since season one

1. Agreed that they need to do more with Bobbi. And part of me is wanting more shallow sexy times scenes. The one in this episode did little for me, considering how sexy Bobbi/Adrienne are.

2. I think a mere human fighting someone who can knock out Sif is brave, no matter how you slice it. Or stupid. Thin line.

3. The powers that be clearly are playing around with the notion that the X-men are off-limits. Last episode, the SHIELD redshirts were spraying Xs all over the place. This episode, Simmons referred to the lab results that Fitz said were a simulation as "uncanny" (the long-time prefix to the X-Men's original comic book.)

4. LOL @Lerebro and the Mentinels. I don't think the Diviners are going to be that out of control. Probably just in the hundreds of Inhumans for now.

5. I think people would have been mad at Skye too. It just so happened that Fitz was there, that Fitz undersold his deception and that Fitz was trying to defend the notion that they didn't have the right to know about Skye's secret. 

6. Hydra's not dismantled. It's just been dealt a blow and is presumably recovering.

I was not crazy about Fitz in this episode -- mainly because of how he talked Skye into not going to Coulson.  Not your call, dude.   It's one thing to protect Skye's secret and it's another to actively squash her when she feels it's the right time to tell.  Idk, I get that he's trying to protect her, but I thought that was incredibly overbearing. 

I'm a little annoyed that the discovery of Inhumans is falling so sharply along the lines of "who's being mean to Skye?" -- I think Chloe Bennet is handling Skye's angst fine, but there seems to be no nuance to Simmons or Mack's positions.  Because I mean, I understand Coulson's position and I even agree with it, but nobody seems to be realistically discussing that uncontrolled earthquakes are frickin' dangerous.  Right now May is about the only person I'd trust farther than I can throw her.

That was one of the things I don't understand. Simmons went from "rawr, these things are a plague" to "But it's Skye" when literally Skye's power is out of control and more dangerous than most of what they've come across. Certainly more dangerous than what Raina has presented.

• Love 1

Why didn't any Kree show up all the other times the Diviners have been used on Earth going back who knows how long ?

Like someone else upthread speculated, however the Diviners were used may not have involved going to the city under Puerto Rico, or may have been done by people aware enough to not trigger the security system. 

Also, we should add: who's to say that they didn't? We know that at some point at least one Kree was wandering around Earth, was captured by someone, experimented on and used to fuel Project Tahiti. Perhaps that Kree was on Earth looking into Diviners.

Edited by Chicago Redshirt
  • Love 4

Great episode!  Definitely made up for last week's somewhat disappointing and disjointed outing.

Jaimie Alexander is a lot of fun as Sif and I enjoy her appearances on this show.  Having Sif around seems to bring out the fun old side of Coulson and I laughed when he had no idea where the conversation between them at the end was going.  I've been a fan of Eddie McClintock since Warehouse 13.  Met him once at a Comic-Con...great guy.  He was a lot of fun in this episode too.  Some great fight scenes and Shield really felt like a comic book show here.

I'm glad that Skye's secret has been let out of the bag early though I'm annoyed at the continuing secret between Bobbi and Mack (though I like both characters a lot).  Given the reactions, it's understandable that Skye kept her secret although she should have gone to Coulson immediately. 

• Love 2
Hey, after watching the entire Agent Carter series I saw my first episode of Agents of SHIELD just now.  I thought everyone said the show was bad!?!  Seems pretty good to me :)

It seemed to me that a lot of people in the Agent Carter forum watched SHIELD last year but gave up on it after a few episodes -- and to be fair it was pretty bad in the beginning. But times have changed and SHIELD has improved by leaps and bounds since those first few eps.

I will say that I think Agent Carter was (is?) the better show, but the fact that it only had eight episodes helped immensely. And honestly I think the fawning over the show was a bit much. It was good, but not perfect by any means.

Who's to say he'll return home? Since Lady Sif was all keen to take Skye to Asgard "for the good of the planet," I think she's equally likely to have lied to Coulson and will neglect to deliver Vin-Tak to his home planet, and he'll wind up in a super-advanced medieval dungeon somewhere.

I was dreading Lady Sif's amnesia but it was well explained and didn't last long. She brings a sense of fun I think. I like Chloe Bennet as Skye here but I thought that her earthquake should've been more acute when faced with the wrath of an Asgardian and a Kree. She doesn't have control of her emotions yet and compared to the confrontation with Fitz or even Coulson or May, facing two alien beings who want to put you down, she should've flattened part of that base.

Edited by Boundary
  • Love 1

Because why is she brave for doing her job? And why is Sif saying that to the person who raised a gun to the guy and not the woman who fought him? The praise ratio is way off....

This, plus they're not just saying complementary things to her when she's done something praise-worthy. She's so awesome that other characters regularly feel the need to gush to one another about her.  I think it's normal and fine to have characters give each other words of encouragement and reassurance that doing well with whatever it is they're doing.  But conversations between other parties about how great someone else is can start to sound more like the writers' speaking through to character to convince us to love a particular character as much as they do than they sound like natural/plausible conversations that those characters would be having with one another.  That sort of writing just reeks insecurity, because if a character really was as great as the writers want us to think she is, they wouldn't need to resort to such tactics because her badassedness would be self evident.

• Love 4

Must be my post-Agent Carter depression setting in, because the episode felt really odd for me.

Perhaps, as most of you've been pointing out, it's the return of the Special Snowflake Our Lady Skye of Awesomness. Perhaps it's my inner fear that Lance will be gone next episode and I will have nothing to look forward to.

Also - how dare you writers make my beloved Jemma into this ... this ... thing! Now I have to endure not one but two awesome women on two seperate superhero shows being turned into characters they were not written to be (Felicity, I'm looking at you!). I'm getting too old for this.

• Love 2

Define "everyone".

I don't think there's any consensus in the least.  

The largest amount of people (purely from my observation) seem to think the show is maybe middle of the road--not nearly as good as lets say.. The Flash... but better than the mess Gotham often is.  Also, there seems to be general agreement that the first half of the first season was fairly dreadful, but the closer they got to Captain America 2, the better the show got--and it was much better AFTER Cap 2.  Then for the early part of this season it was slightly sketchy again, but picked up mid-season.

But there are plenty of outliers who praise the show to high heaven, or yes, some do say it sucks.  But not "everyone'.

• Love 1

Like someone else upthread speculated, however the Diviners were used may not have involved going to the city under Puerto Rico, or may have been done by people aware enough to not trigger the security system. 

Also, we should add: who's to say that they didn't? We know that at some point at least one Kree was wandering around Earth, was captured by someone, experimented on and used to fuel Project Tahiti. Perhaps that Kree was on Earth looking into Diviners.

Yeah, I also think it was specifically the activation in the Puerto Rico temple, not the the act of Terrigenesis itself. Presumably the Inhumans in Attilan have been using Terrigen crystals for the last few thousand years, having taken over the experimentation/breeding from the Kree without the Kree knowing. I don't think Eddie's character can detect any old activation, they just found out that the old city was active for the first time in forever.

It was nice to see Eddie McClintock. I think this is the second or third time in as many weeks that he's popped up on a show. I hope he returns. (Geek side is sad; he's not Mar- Vell. I would've bought that  and come back for more.)

I love Eddie McClintock, and I can even forgive him for that awful final season of Warehouse 13, cause I know it wasn't his fault. But he's just a little too goofy (in a good way) to be Mar-Vell. It even came out a couple of times here pre-amnesia. I'd love for them to bring him back, I thought he was a lot of fun, but he's not Mar-Vell.

There is nothing subtle about this show. When Bobbi and Mack are conspiring, it feels as if they put the show on pause and the actors look into the camera and say "We have a big secret! Can you guess what it is from the vague references?  Tune in next week when we remind you again that we have a big secret!" 

It is just as annoying as the Coulson secret from season one. Maybe TPTB are aiming for very young viewers or people half-watching while gaming or doing other things. 

It also makes Coulson appear to be incompetent as a leader. Almost every member of his team has been a mole or is keeping some secret from him.

And Coulson as Director just doesn't seem to work for AoS as a series. Instead of a rag-tag branch of Shield we are now following the Director and how he runs the entire agency. Really? 

Now Coulson has given the mechanic a promotion to field agent. Are there not enough highly trained agents available any more? 

Does Shield even exist as a legitimate organization now? Who is paying for equipment and salaries? How does the government not know where their bases are - since they were supposedly built by the government?  ..Too many questions..

I don't have any issues with the actress playing Skye. I don't think anyone could do much better with the writing and dialogue she has been given. But I am tired of Skye being at the center of every episode.  ..as well as her "I can't" attitude .. and the constant crying ... and being the sad outcast who could be a danger to the team.  I feel there are a lot more interesting stories that could be told with AoS instead of the ongoing Skye saga. 

• Love 4

For me Flash is pretty much seeing the same episode over and over again, I will not talk about Arrow and Gotham doesn't know what type of show it wants to be. I rate shows on if I'm waiting for the next episode, right now (that Agent Carter's over) AoS is the only super hero show I look forward too. It's the not the best show but it's entertaining and interesting, that's what matters to me.

I honestly don't think they spend that much time with Skye, they do talk about her a lot but it makes sense now being that she's changed in a powered being. I am interested in how the rest of the team treats her now. May, Fitz and Coulson want to help her, while the rest appear to be on maybe she should be locked up or killed side. This is all being set up for Captain America 3. 

I'd also rather spend time with Skye's issue then hearing Mac and Bobbi talk in code about their secret when they are alone together. Who does that? That seems like hard work to talk about their secret while not talking about their secret to other person that knows the secret. Maybe they should be different and let the audience in on the secret and have us wait to see how the rest of the team finds out. 

Lady Sif should become a regular on this show. She helps liven it up a bit with her direct way of speaking. I loved her speech to Coulson about not getting the meaning of something and he replied much like this conversation. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 2

And Coulson as Director just doesn't seem to work for AoS as a series. Instead of a rag-tag branch of Shield we are now following the Director and how he runs the entire agency. Really? 

This. It doesn't hinder the series per se, since we are following a de facto rag tag team (Coulson's inability to ferret out secrets aside), but Cap 2 showed how a Director's job gets preoccupied by political manoeuvrings or multiple threats, most implicitly global in nature. Coulson's team's ad hoc approach to problems makes it more likely that there's someone else coordinating SHIELD assets on a global scale. Maria Hill anyone?

Edited by Boundary

For me Flash is pretty much seeing the same episode over and over again, I will not talk about Arrow and Gotham doesn't know what type of show it wants to be. I rate shows on if I'm waiting for the next episode, right now (that Agent Carter's over) AoS is the only super hero show I look forward too. It's the not the best show but it's entertaining and interesting, that's what matters to me.

+1

That is where i am, it is the only show on at the moment the I will rewatch mid week to see what is going on and to find the hidden Easter eggs.

I didn't really like this episode as much as I expected to (I'm a big fan of Sif). I guess she just didn't have enough screentime for that, and most of the characters who got a lot of screentime this episode are still rather flat, including Skye (whom I don't hate, just wish she were written better). Jaime Alexander was nice, though (and so beautiful!) Loved May's remark about Thor (hey, she had said he was dreamy back in s1!) I'm very lukewarm on Bobbi/Mack/Hunter drama and wish the last two of them went away. It's been dragged out for too long.

Overall, one of the weakest episodes in season 2, imho.

• Love 1

I think it would be great if Fury let Coulson think he was the Director of Shield, but really Maria Hill is running things with Bobbi and Mac working for her. 

I am sticking with my theory that they represent S.W.O.R.D. inside of S.H.I.E.L.D. However judging by the Mac and Bobbi scene I think Mac may be the agent in charge among the two and Simmons not Hunter is who they may try to recruit.. Maria Hill does seem the ,most likely senior agent

Edited by Raja
  • Love 1

There were some aspects of the ep I enjoyed, but was a bit underwhelmed with others.  As much as I enjoyed Lady Sif's presence, I find myself disappointed when an ep doesn't include a smidge of SkyeDaddy.  The previews make me ridiculously happy though.

• Love 1

No, seriously, this is a bad plan. Skye *causes earthquakes*. And can't control it. Getting her off planet earth until she figures that shit out is not being bigoted against people for being different, that is just common sense. I mean, what is their alternative here, really? Keep her in a cell and have upsetting conversations near her until that ends up causing a serious death-toll? At the very least they ought to move her someplace where an earthquake wouldn't be a disaster. Iike, oh, Antarctica. Or the moon.  

• Love 3

I agree sending her off to train with Asgardians is probably a good idea. She'd have a harder time hurting any of them. But there are several problems involved. For one, Sif just wanted to kill Skye. They can't be sure she wouldn't finish the job once they were on another world. Speaking of which, it would also take Skye off the show and while that might please some people this part of the show kind of hinges on Skye. At the very least they need to find someone who can understand what she is going through regarding unwanted/uncontrollable power and perhaps help her with anger/anxiety issues. 

• Love 1

No, seriously, this is a bad plan. Skye *causes earthquakes*. And can't control it. Getting her off planet earth until she figures that shit out is not being bigoted against people for being different, that is just common sense. I mean, what is their alternative here, really? Keep her in a cell and have upsetting conversations near her until that ends up causing a serious death-toll? At the very least they ought to move her someplace where an earthquake wouldn't be a disaster. Iike, oh, Antarctica. Or the moon.

Yes.  I just don't understand why they think it's so important to keep the world's most destructive weapon not only alive, but close by.  Because she's one of "us"?  But Coulson only got her involved in the first place because he knows she isn't, so... I don't know.  If the castaways had only killed Gilligan they would have gotten off the island almost right away.  I'm seeing Skye as the Gilligan here.  

• Love 2

If the Inhumans have been on Earth for years without anyone knowing about them including other Alien races, they obviously learned how to control their powers and live peacefully. So I don't think kill first should be anyone's first reaction to someone that's different.

Like any human or animal, we react the most when we feel threatened. That's the only time Skye's powers really activate (besides when she first got them). I don't know how much time passed between when they got out of the city, but she has been able to control her powers when she's calm. KreePete said she can't but they haven't been with them for years, like I said above they've been living on Earth secretly. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 3