Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Timmy should really have bought the boys' lawn business. The Kellers have plenty of land for his little camper. But somehow I don't see Tim as a hard worker.

I think little Timmy was scared sh**less by his previous adventures into the outside world, courtesy of BME and he wouldn't dare make a move away from JRod without risking hellfire and damnation for it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

The lawn business seems to make money, and being in charge of a small KJV church won't. Most importantly, Nathan will have much less money to spend on Jill as his income drops and his family grows. 

Are they spending Christmas with Grandparents Keller this year? Will Jill be able to grift her big Southern beach vacation? 

ETA: Among the unemployed young men in those small churches, couldn't Nathan find someone to join his business to keep it going?

Edited by BradandJanet
  • Love 10
59 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Not going to happen until Nathan runs out of $. 

Jill had better hurry up and get Jonathan on board. As she sucks her sons-in-law dry, she'll need fresh supplies. Jill is as dumb as a box of rocks from the pet cemetery in her backyard, but I bet she has grifting  down to an art and a science. 

• Love 13

Since my bet is Nathan's going to pastor a church with fewer than 50 members total, he's going to need the lawn business to support his little family. They just remodeled a house for them to live in, so his church is probably in the same area where their house is located.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
1 minute ago, Nysha said:

Since my bet is Nathan's going to pastor a church with fewer than 50 members total, he's going to need the lawn business to support his little family. They just remodeled a house for them to live in, so his church is probably in the same area where their house is located.

Even if he can manage to support his family, I don't see him being able to take the entire Rod family out for multiple meals and outings every time he is in town. Will Jill's breathless rhapsodizing over her wonderful son-in-law wane? Or is his serving Jesauce full-time going to be enough to keep her allegiance?

• Love 11
5 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

It looks thicker, too.  My bet is on extensions.  Mama Jill has them, I am sure she has trained Nurie to follow her example in all things.

How frickin' many churches that espouse their beliefs are there?  How can Nathan, who has never even been a clergy person graduate from some sort of program and immediately be a pastor?  I'm just a heathen Catholic, but our priests all have at least a Master's before they get sent to a parish to work as a parochial vicar under a pastor who has been doing parish work at least a decade or so before he gets to be in charge.  Nathan isn't even old enough to be a priest let alone be a parochial vicar if he were Catholic.  Which must be why Catholicism is so corrupt, I guess.  We need to put more young guys with no training or experience in charge of stuff.

It seems like all the men in their circle are 'pastors' and virtually none of them are just members of the congregations.  Too many chiefs and not enough indians as my mother used to say.

Catholics tend to value education, in my experience. 

• Love 11

Unlike Jill's extensions, Nurie's seem to match if that's what she has. 

Keeping Jill in her place would be good practice for Nathan. He'll have difficult people in the congregation to deal with. If he can manage Jill, he can manage just about anyone. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

If Jonathan isn’t visiting them for Xmas I’d say the courtship is finished. 

Of course J and K might get engaged by Xmas. 

Jonathan is preaching at a church in MS on either 12/30 or NYE. I imagine the Rods will travel there then on to FL for their annual Winter Grift.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

How frickin' many churches that espouse their beliefs are there?  How can Nathan, who has never even been a clergy person graduate from some sort of program and immediately be a pastor?  I'm just a heathen Catholic, but our priests all have at least a Master's before they get sent to a parish to work as a parochial vicar under a pastor who has been doing parish work at least a decade or so before he gets to be in charge.  Nathan isn't even old enough to be a priest let alone be a parochial vicar if he were Catholic.  Which must be why Catholicism is so corrupt, I guess.  We need to put more young guys with no training or experience in charge of stuff.

It seems like all the men in their circle are 'pastors' and virtually none of them are just members of the congregations.  Too many chiefs and not enough indians as my mother used to say.

I’ve always been surprised/confused/befuddled about how that seems to work in some churches. I’m from the Bible Belt where there are fundies galore, but I’m a lifelong mainstream Methodist and there’s a very detailed procedure for becoming an ordained minister — one that involves graduating from college and then seminary. And you have to be actually appointed by the bishop. A high level of education is required before you can lead a congregation, even in a secondary role.

Given that this is about people’s souls and relationships with God, something these fundies put as such a high priority, they seem awfully lackadaisical about education and real knowledge. But, then, I guess as long as you follow the right Jesus, all that book learning is unimportant.

Edited by AgathaC
  • Love 18
On 12/1/2021 at 6:21 PM, tabloidlover said:

Jill is showing her ignorance yet again.  Screenshot of birthday cakes below.  Background voice asking for the cake with the 13 on it to be turned around for correct video shot and Jill turns Sophia’s 8 around as well.  Whadda ya know?  The 8 looks the same backwards AND forwards!!  🙄🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

E8607043-D53A-4F26-AC50-F0482331CB8D.jpeg

Omg, y’all. 🤦🏼‍♀️ I just noticed the bowl filled with used birthday candles.  I guess they lick the cake/icing off the used candle and then save it for another birthday.  Is that a thing that families typically do?  

• LOL 3

I'm sure Fundies would argue that their preachers have been learning from almost birth, from the only book that matters - the Bible.

David Waller was saved at age 3 and I do believe Spurgie is considered a biblical scholar already at age 6,

• Useful 1
  • LOL 13
  • Love 8

I'm  guessing that he will keep his lawn business in addition to his "pastor" gig.  I doubt this is a full-time church job--probably more like what Bin is doing.  Maybe Nurie looks good because someone is finally feeding her regularly.  She does look very nice in those pictures.

• Love 17
58 minutes ago, AgathaC said:

I’ve always been surprised/confused/befuddled about how that seems to work in some churches. I’m from the Bible Belt where there are fundies galore, but I’m a lifelong mainstream Methodist and there’s a very detailed procedure for becoming an ordained minister — one that involves graduating from college and then seminary. And you have to be actually appointed by the bishop. A high level of education is required before you can lead a congregation, even in a secondary role.

Given that this is about people’s souls and relationships with God, something these fundies put as such a high priority, they seem awfully lackadaisical about education and real knowledge. But, then, I guess as long as you follow the right Jesus, all that book learning is unimportant.

In smaller, independent churches hardly any pastor would have a college degree. These churches couldn’t financially support someone like that. It’s more important that the man (yes men only) have a calling from God, have a heart for ministry and be willing to preach and minister for very little monetary compensation. They are expected to have some other means of financial support, though there may be a house provided and often a “Pounding” is held every so often where members of the church bring groceries for the minister and his family. 

ETA: When a church needs a pastor they interview candidates which includes meeting with the church board, answering their questions and stating your beliefs and ideas. If the board likes him, the candidate will preach a few times and then the congregation will vote on whether to “call” him or not.

Edited by YupItsMe
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm sure Fundies would argue that their preachers have been learning from almost birth, from the only book that matters - the Bible.

David Waller was saved at age 3 and I do believe Spurgie is considered a biblical scholar already at age 6,

I’m sure you’re right. Things like translations, interpretation and historical context don’t matter when the words came directly from God. 🙄 I think of some of the great intelligent, thoughtful, even entertaining sermons I’ve heard — ones that did combined history, translations and theology and I shake my head at the limitations put on people, their brains and their understanding of religion.

But I’m sure they think I have been irreparably harmed by all that intellectualism.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, YupItsMe said:

In smaller, independent churches hardly any pastor would have a college degree. These churches couldn’t financially support someone like that. It’s more important that the man (yes men only) have a calling from God, have a heart for ministry and be willing to preach and minister for very little monetary compensation. They are expected to have some other means of financial support, though there may be a house provided and often a “Pounding” is held every so often where members of the church bring groceries for the minister and his family. 

ETA: When a church needs a pastor they interview candidates which includes meeting with the church board, answering their questions and stating your beliefs and ideas. If the board likes him, the candidate will preach a few times and then the congregation will vote on whether to “call” him or not.

Some churches also have a house, referred to as a “parsonage”, that the pastor and his family can live in for free. Some churches also pay for the utilities, while other churches require the pastor to be responsible for those bills.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Jill posted videos of their Christmas decorating. I have to say, it wasn’t awful. However, how this place passed inspection is beyond me.

Screenshots are blurry, they are from videos:

34915903-BA02-4F76-86A4-4363750289DD.jpeg

3585DC6A-D2C9-4F73-8E98-60B8DCE438F4.jpeg

What the hell?!?!?!  Is that an electrical outlet just hanging there? 😧

6 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Will Jill's breathless rhapsodizing over her wonderful son-in-law wane?

I think it would have already waned if Nathan wasn't always so quick to pick up the check.

When Nathan and Nurie first became engaged, Jill was thrilled because Nathan was ANNA DUGGAR'S BROTHER! I think she saw this marriage as her golden ticket to the Duggar family's inner circle. She imagined Nurie becoming BFFs with Anna, Jessa, Joy, etc. and using that to worm her own way into the Duggar compound. But it never happened, probably because Anna isn't especially close to her brother (they may not see each other more than once or twice a year) and had no interest in taking his new wife under her wing. Plus, the Duggar clan has never shown any desire to befriend Anna's relatives, with the exception of Priscilla Waller, whom they embraced because her husband was Bill Gothard's right hand man.

So, with that dream dead in the water, Nathan would probably have joined Tim on Jill's shit list except for his willingness to treat Jill and David to expensive dinners and buy them elaborate gifts. When the day inevitably comes that he can't or won't keep his wallet open, he'll be kicked to the curb.

• Love 11
31 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

I think it would have already waned if Nathan wasn't always so quick to pick up the check.

When Nathan and Nurie first became engaged, Jill was thrilled because Nathan was ANNA DUGGAR'S BROTHER! I think she saw this marriage as her golden ticket to the Duggar family's inner circle. She imagined Nurie becoming BFFs with Anna, Jessa, Joy, etc. and using that to worm her own way into the Duggar compound. But it never happened, probably because Anna isn't especially close to her brother (they may not see each other more than once or twice a year) and had no interest in taking his new wife under her wing. Plus, the Duggar clan has never shown any desire to befriend Anna's relatives, with the exception of Priscilla Waller, whom they embraced because her husband was Bill Gothard's right hand man.

So, with that dream dead in the water, Nathan would probably have joined Tim on Jill's shit list except for his willingness to treat Jill and David to expensive dinners and buy them elaborate gifts. When the day inevitably comes that he can't or won't keep his wallet open, he'll be kicked to the curb.

Run, Jonny… RUN! 

That is, if he hasn’t run already.

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
On 11/25/2021 at 9:51 AM, EVS said:

I had to look through the pictures 3 times to find Snuggles in all that clutter. This should be the Rod version of Where’s Waldo. 

I'm not sure who Snuggles is (dog/cat?) and I'm not even sure if I found it.

Am I close? Serious question. 

20211204_020216.jpg

• Love 6
14 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

What the hell?!?!?!  Is that an electrical outlet just hanging there? 😧

That outlet was on the "old" barndo wall that David knocked down to make a passage into the addition. Rather than move it to a better location, he just left it more or less in place, even though the wall was gone. That's the genius of Lazy Davy Rodrigues, master craftsman. 

There are no inspections of David's work. Jill (Plexus controls type 1 diabetes) is a liar. 

• Love 17
On 12/3/2021 at 4:54 PM, GeeGolly said:

More important that they have GOT THE SPIRIT!! If God called them and they are “on fire for God,” nothing else matters, not even if they have the intellectual capacity of Velveeta cheese.

• LOL 15
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Does Tim still have his dog? 

Does Tim still have his dog, job, lawn business, car, trailer, hopes for the future, sanity? 

It's hard to say. Jill doesn't say much about him, and he hasn't made any more videos (thank God). He showed up in the Barndo for Thanksgiving, so at least we know he's still alive and probably nearby. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
47 minutes ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

The black and white theme of Katie and Travis' wedding was surprising. 

Katie stated her theme was classy and elegant so I guess if you’re a Bates, that means everyone was dressed in black or white. Except KJ whose dress was a green or grey and not flattering to her at all.

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Katie stated her theme was classy and elegant so I guess if you’re a Bates, that means everyone was dressed in black or white. Except KJ whose dress was a green or grey and not flattering to her at all.

Her dress was olive green, and it was almost as bad as the Tin Man dress.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, LilJen said:

More important that they have GOT THE SPIRIT!! If God called them and they are “on fire for God,” nothing else matters, not even if they have the intellectual capacity of Velveeta cheese.

An IQ that equals a block of Velveeta is a liability with a crowd-loving virus sweeping through. At least, uneducated, untrained pastors who are willing to work for donations can be replaced fairly easily if things don't go well. 

Take care, Nathan. You seem to be a nice guy, so use some common sense. 

• Love 11

Nathan and Nurie shouldn’t be exposing their infant to crowds of anti vaxxers.

Californian couple has issued a warning to other parents advising them to be vigilant about preventing the transmission of COVID to their children, after they lost their infant son to the virus.

Tyler Redondo, who was just three months old, died as a result of COVID complications in February resulting in heartbreak for the family from the city of Rancho Cordova, California.

The infant's mother Angela Redondo told KCRA 3: "Be careful who touches your baby. It can just start with a little kiss even with somebody that you know—they were exposed and they're not showing symptoms."

https://www.newsweek.com/family-told-covid-wouldnt-affect-newborn-baby-doctors-lose-son-tyler-redondo-1655756

The first two pictures are what Jill used for her Facebook page. The last is the result.

She could have adjusted it so everyone would be seen, and one wasn’t cut off. Or rearranged where they were standing. BME, indeed.

3AB19DB8-F2E1-4501-857F-9D9FD01E1865.jpeg

0BFB1761-BA78-4D1F-91EE-5AEBF2515B56.jpeg

400CA3A6-0E8A-4AB9-9DFF-9AAF90C03630.jpeg

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

D99F7C48-BBDA-4F82-B4AA-E3CA7BAEA1AF.jpeg

Is that it?

Yes, that's the one. After I have looked at it longer, I guess it is just his normal somewhat vacant look. When I first saw it though, he looked really more mentally challenged.

• LOL 15
  • Love 2