Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Jill called it a little nook.

Screenshot from a video, this is what’s back there:

15444261-AECC-4B4D-827C-45A3CD8FC1EE.jpeg

Obviously Jill never, ever gets rid of anything.  She just keeps buying more tacky-looking shit and crams it all in, no matter how awful it looks.  One might say that she has a slight hoarding problem.

1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

I must say Jill’s tacky cluttered new upstairs attic didn’t disappoint. It’s as bad as I thought it would be. 

It’s actually worse than I thought it would be.

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
16 hours ago, ginger90 said:

The walls will be 3 different colors. Around the bay window is going to be painted turquoise.

CB77A71A-7969-4A28-9173-3C4E0059448B.jpeg

Wouldn’t it have been easier to paint before putting it up?  

6 hours ago, BetyBee said:

No heat. No bathroom, but "decorated" within an inch of its life. I bet Nurie & Nathan will come as seldom as possible once they've spent a miserable night or two at Jill's Barndo addition.

I’d stay up in that room if it kept me away from Jill.  
~~~

I like the quilt. Most of the clutter needs to go. There’s barely any space to set anything down, like toiletries or baby things. 

• Love 9

I get twitchy and claustrophobic just thinking about the number of people she is going to pack into her house for Thanksgiving, the germs all over that poor baby, and the itchy dusty plethora of tacky decorations that her guests are going to have to avoid bumping into as they shimmy to their seats around Jill's crap-covered table.

• LOL 5
  • Love 11
14 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

The “crib” is a Pack-N-Play, which tells me that 3-year-old Janessa is still sleeping in the actual crib; otherwise, Jill would’ve squeezed the crib into the “guest quarters”.  

I don't think Jill will ever give up the crib as long as she thinks there's a chance that she herself might need it again.  And she will ALWAYS think there's a chance for more babies.

I can only imagine what this guest room is going to look like after JillR’s Christmas haul. It was funny to see that she even decorated the storage closet with knickknacks etc. It’s like she can’t stop herself. The reveal of the downstairs will be unbelievable. She reminds me of my MIL who had to fill up every available space and wall!

• Love 11

It kind kills me to watch this room develop for multiple reasons. First doing shit like that is kind of my jam, so I'm a bit jealous, Secondly, the hot mess of it has me rubber necking as well as wanting to charge in and make it nice. And lastly, where the fuck is the money coming from?

We've spent the last two summers working on our yard. Our two big projects were installing a patio and building a pergola. As we all know every project comes with unexpected costs and I was just saying to my husband that I can't wait until the spring to be able to add groovy touches to our new area and giving it personality. But he's recently retired and I reduced my hours so we're spreading the costs out over time.

Which brings me back to where's the money coming from? I think I've really underestimated JillR's grifting abilities.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 19
4 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

It kind kills me to watch this room develop for multiple reasons. First doing shit like that is kind of my jam, so I'm a bit jealous, Secondly, the hot mess of it has me rubber necking as well as wanted to charge in and make it nice. And lastly, where the fuck is the money coming from?

We've spent the last two summers working on our yard. Our two big projects were installing a patio and building a pergola. As we all know every project comes with unexpected costs and I was just saying to my husband that I can't wait until the spring to be able to add groovy touches to our new area and giving it personality. But he's recently retired and I reduced my hours so we're spreading the costs out over time.

Which brings me back to where's the money coming from? I think I've really underestimated JillR's grifting abilities.

I'm guessing it's the child tax credits. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
1 minute ago, Heathen said:

I'm guessing it's the child tax credits. 

I considered that, but they have had a busy, busy year and a half. If for every time someone mentioned they used the tax credits was true, those monies would have been spent ten times over.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I considered that, but they have had a busy, busy year and a half. If for every time someone mentioned they used the tax credits was true, those monies would have been spent ten times over.

Combination of child tax credits, stimulus funds, and grifting, then. Half that decor crap looks like it came from the dustiest shelf at the Salvation Army or dollar store. 

• Love 11

Even the Salvation Army has clearance sales. Jill knows where the "load up your car for five dollars" sales are. 

So Jill got a handmade quilt from a neighbor. That means there's still someone in the area she hasn't managed to annoy or offend yet. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

Personally I love upcycling wooden furniture and have no problem with items from Goodwill or Salvation Army. What's the saying - one man's trash is another man's treasure? I've never met an old piece of furniture that I didn't look at and want to give it life.

My problem with JillR's tchotchkes isn't where she bought them/got them, its what she actually decides to put in her house. Like the nice quilt made it in, but what else didn't?

• Love 7
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

I get twitchy and claustrophobic just thinking about the number of people she is going to pack into her house for Thanksgiving, the germs all over that poor baby, and the itchy dusty plethora of tacky decorations that her guests are going to have to avoid bumping into as they shimmy to their seats around Jill's crap-covered table.

But think of the tiny burnt ham, the foil pans of baked beige glop, and the oddly sliced half a pineapple that await them. 

4 minutes ago, sheshark said:

“The Amish” do make lovely quilts, and sell them for quite a bit.  They are worth it.  All I can think of is Jill’s mad grift skills to score one.

Wouldn't Jill have bragged if she had managed to get a real Amish quilt? The quilt on the bed is pretty but  simple. I don't see any quilting stitches, but the photo isn't clear. 

• Love 5

This just in 📣-  

A couple of downstairs videos are up on FB. So far the room is a few steps above awful, but its still almost empty. Even the shrine to Joanna Gaines is not bad. They opened up the room so it looks bigger now. It runs parallel to the kitchen.

• Useful 4
4 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

But think of the tiny burnt ham, the foil pans of baked beige glop, and the oddly sliced half a pineapple that await them. 

Wouldn't Jill have bragged if she had managed to get a real Amish quilt? The quilt on the bed is pretty but  simple. I don't see any quilting stitches, but the photo isn't clear. 

I thought Amish quilts were simple? No patterned fabric ect. I don't think it is Amish made but honestly it looks like something they would make for home use.

• Love 3

They are shown sawing in the video. Jill doesn’t seem to care, and has decorated all of the window sills.

She decided on the darker wall on the  wall with the infamous stairs, because hands will touch it and she doesn’t want it to get dirty. The logic escapes me. Dirty is dirty no matter the color. 🤷🏼‍♀️

She used different colors on the walls so it wouldn’t be “monotonous to the eye”.

A bit blurry, they’re screenshots from videos:

69EFA8E8-BB7D-4FC4-8FE0-E21CAFD86D2E.jpeg

86BC499E-7526-4C3A-BB10-ABA7E0AB108B.jpeg

E72FA126-5C41-4C9C-B840-EE4D24E6D905.jpeg

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

Jill "went for an antique look" and came back with a nightmare. 

Honestly, just looking at pictures of that room gives me the creeps. 

It looks to me like she went for a “last day of the yard sale” look.  By that I mean, she’s decorated with all the crap that no one else wants and that is usually thrown away when the yard sale ends.  It’s seriously one of the ugliest rooms I’ve ever seen.  And like someone else mentioned, I still can’t believe that the FB leghumpers are telling her how great it looks.  I thought lying was a sin? 

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
16 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

They are shown sawing in the video. Jill doesn’t seem to care, and has decorated all of the window sills.

She decided on the darker wall on the  wall with the infamous stairs, because hands will touch it and she doesn’t want it to get dirty. The logic escapes me. Dirty is dirty no matter the color. 🤷🏼‍♀️

She used different colors on the walls so it wouldn’t be “monotonous to the eye”.

A bit blurry, they’re screenshots from videos:

69EFA8E8-BB7D-4FC4-8FE0-E21CAFD86D2E.jpeg

86BC499E-7526-4C3A-BB10-ABA7E0AB108B.jpeg

E72FA126-5C41-4C9C-B840-EE4D24E6D905.jpeg

I was torn as to what kind of emoji I needed to use.  I think I’ll just use this one:  🤦🏼‍♀️

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
52 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

I thought Amish quilts were simple? No patterned fabric ect. I don't think it is Amish made but honestly it looks like something they would make for home use.

I've got an Amish made quilt in my spare bedroom.  My aunt won it in a raffle and gave it to me and it is way too nice for my dogs to lie on so it is in the guest room.  It is pink and green with floral prints.  The Amish do make quilts with patterned fabrics to sell to the tourists.  However, you're right, for their own use, the fabrics are usually recycled from their old clothing and are solid colors, often dark.

• Love 12

"Monotonous to the eye?"  WTF?  As if covering every square inch of flat surface with crap from the dime store and plastering the walls with random pictures, shelves and other junk wasn't enough; she needs to paint the walls different colors?  There is not a square inch of clear space to rest the eyes in the entire room.

And, if they are still sawing and sanding, why in the heck is she putting junk on the window sills?  Not that the window sills need stuff on them in the first place, but, does she think it will look even better if the crap has a coating of sawdust on it?

Edited by Rootbeer
  • LOL 3
  • Love 15
3 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

And, if they are still sawing and sanding, why in the heck is she putting junk on the window sills?  Not that the window sills need stuff on them in the first place, but, does she think it will look even better if the crap has a coating of sawdust on it?

Exactly!

They also opened up the wall between the new living room and their kitchen. Dust for days.

Screenshot from a video:

47B96C7D-772D-4B6E-8588-1F576B0EBF3D.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 2

Oh my Lord Daniel, those panels running every which-a-way, as I remember my southern family saying when I was a tyke.  

I wish they had made the bay window area deeper and added a built-in bench with storage.  That would have been nice.

I think Jill had some decent ideas, but the execution and decoration are faulty as heck.

And I know this was mentioned before, but do we really think they will be using portable heaters in the addition?  Is that up to code for livable square footage, since Jill assures us it's all properly inspected/passed?

Edited by CouchTater
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

I got a quilt at Walmart for $20 years ago. From far away it looks impressive, from close up you an see it isn't handmade. 

24 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

Oh my Lord Daniel, those panels running every which-a-way, as I remember my southern family saying when I was a tyke.  

I wish they had made the bay window area deeper and added a built-in bench with storage.  That would have been nice.

I think Jill had some decent ideas, but the execution and decoration are faulty as heck.

And I know this was mentioned before, but do we really think they will be using portable heaters in the addition?  Is that up to code for livable square footage, since Jill assures us it's all properly inspected/passed?

She would have filled the bench up with so much crap that there would be no room to sit! 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

So is this as big as the room is? Why would they not put a that desk elsewhere? They could've put the pack n play along that wall. Or I don't know, anywhere else besides under that light with the wiring up the wall!

Also, my husband and I would kill each other in that bed..lol

• LOL 7
6 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Going back to the whole heating thing. They are seriously heating that attic room with a space heater? In Ohio?

How else would they heat it?  I don’t see any heat/air vents anywhere.

Edited by farmgal4
Added a sentence
  • Useful 2
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

It kind kills me to watch this room develop for multiple reasons. First doing shit like that is kind of my jam, so I'm a bit jealous, Secondly, the hot mess of it has me rubber necking as well as wanting to charge in and make it nice. And lastly, where the fuck is the money coming from?

I was wondering about money too..inflation is crazy right now...like within the past month all things doubled...and to top it off...my DH was hit head on in a car crash (he is fine, walked away with a second degree burn on his hand)...but we looked at a toyota cross and went back 4 days later and due to "market value" increase it was 5k more..and now a week later it is even higher...nuts nuts nuts...if I was Jill I would be holding on to every last dollar...

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, graybrown bird said:

I can't tell from the posted pictures -- Are we sure that little "stove" in the attic is fake (i.e., decorative only)?  God forbid it's a real wood-burner, for heat up there.

I hope not, but I wouldn't put it past Jill. 

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, Madtown said:

Why would they not put a that desk elsewhere?

That’s Jill’s sewing nook. The baby just happens to sleep there. With the slanted ceiling someone is going to hit their head.

This is what it looked like prior to decorating:

E12D9391-19B8-408E-B198-B49D9E3C23A1.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 3
1 minute ago, ginger90 said:

That’s Jill’s sewing nook. The baby just happens to sleep there. With the slanted ceiling someone is going to hit their head.

And by the time the kid is standing and bouncing around, the kid will too. I guess its a step up from the RV baby cage.

• LOL 1
53 minutes ago, graybrown bird said:

I can't tell from the posted pictures -- Are we sure that little "stove" in the attic is fake (i.e., decorative only)?  God forbid it's a real wood-burner, for heat up there.

I think it’s an actual heater that is powered by electricity.  I know someone who has one.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Dimi1 said:

I was wondering about money too..inflation is crazy right now...like within the past month all things doubled...and to top it off...my DH was hit head on in a car crash (he is fine, walked away with a second degree burn on his hand)...but we looked at a toyota cross and went back 4 days later and due to "market value" increase it was 5k more..and now a week later it is even higher...nuts nuts nuts...if I was Jill I would be holding on to every last dollar...

I doubt if the Rods have any type of savings account or emergency funds.  They believe that God will provide for all of their needs.  I actually heard a preacher say that saving money is sinful because it means that you don’t have enough faith that God will provide.

4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Well, they do have a lot of kids. She’s going to be in for a big shock when they end in January. 

• Love 4
50 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

This is what it looked like prior to decorating:

E12D9391-19B8-408E-B198-B49D9E3C23A1.jpeg

Our half bath is bigger than this...

• Love 3

In one of her Instagram videos of the room she mentioned that some local women made the quilt for her. I hate it when people put small rugs on top of carpeting. Nurie better be careful walking around with baby Nemo, she's going to trip over the rugs and/or bash her head on the ceilings. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Spazamanaz said:

In one of her Instagram videos of the room she mentioned that some local women made the quilt for her. I hate it when people put small rugs on top of carpeting. Nurie better be careful walking around with baby Nemo, she's going to trip over the rugs and/or bash her head on the ceilings. 

That whole room is a tripping hazard.

• Love 13
1 minute ago, ginger90 said:

That whole room is a tripping hazard.

If someone has to pee during the night that someone has to brave the staircase that severely injured Jill's knee.  Or perhaps they'll have a chamber pot in the "privacy area" as someone mentioned previously.

• Love 1