Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

That full-body hugging pic is one of the most awkward things I've ever seen. And while I agree that David looks less slack-jawed than usual, I can't stop laughing at his .... cute??? ... expression. It's like Jilly suddenly demanded that he paste on the same sweet pose she demands of the kids.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
34 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

No one wanted the veggies lol

86798AB7-08F8-4115-90A2-DCC153E39E40.jpeg

HUNKIEST hubby alive 

Jill xoxo

10B15835-9462-4D38-9273-40D81AFFC08B.jpeg

Those look good--- the veggies not the Hunk. Seriously, this would be one of the few opportunities the kids get to have fresh vegetables. 

• Love 13

JillR and her girls often have totally wrong shoes on. They are either not the right size or are inappropriate for the weather or just don’t look good. But I guess they are modest?

• Love 2

Cherry tomatoes are one of they most impossible foods to eat without making a mess - even with a knife and fork. I wouldn't touch those as a finger food - at least not in public. 💣

• Love 4

The Rod kids probably view the vegetable platters as "foreign" food. 

The shoes the little Rodette is wearing look two sizes too big for her. The youngest girls get whatever makes it from the thrift shop to the big closet to outgrown by older sisters. 

13 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

No one wanted the veggies lol

86798AB7-08F8-4115-90A2-DCC153E39E40.jpeg

HUNKIEST hubby alive 

Jill xoxo

10B15835-9462-4D38-9273-40D81AFFC08B.jpeg

Anyone else think Shrek is thinking, "If she's not gonna eat that, think anyone would notice if I stole it?"

Just me? 

• LOL 5

So, I just realized that Nathan Bates's girlfriend (fiancee?) is named Esther Keyes. For you Handmaid's Tale afficionados out there, the young wife turned handmaid in this past season is also named Esther Keyes. McKenna Grace (the girl who plays Esther Keyes on THT) also shares some similarities in looks with the real Esther Keyes, although the latter is probably about 10 years older. 

image.png.6ae43c81824d3829a84e639afeadf35e.png

image.png.08b7ac2ba9a9fe1d8c4a48c71e971681.png

• Love 3
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Another meal I am sure Jilly's Wonderful Son-in-Love paid for...

I don't think there's any question that Nathan paid for it.  He has been fully indoctrinated into Jilly's worshipful cult.  Timbits might've been allowed to chip in, too, but there is no way a dime came out of JRod's or Shrek's pocket.

I picture Jill's wallet like that of Scrooge McDuck's in the cartoons.  She opens it and moths fly out because she does it so rarely.

Anyone want to bet that the 16 of them sat at the table praying loudly for several long, long minutes; just so the staff and other diners could bask in their holiness?  I'm sure it was much appreciated.

Edited by Rootbeer
  • LOL 8
  • Love 16
(edited)

"Son-in-love?"  Is that a typo?  Or is this a new term for "son-in-law?"

I have to admit I laughed at this obligatory "Nathan is picking up the tab, kids, order whatever you want!" photo.  Poor guy, I imagine he knows this is coming every time he and Nurie visit.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 8

the pic is from last week. from which ever not Nurie had a birthday and wore the sombrero in the restaurant.

if Nathan paid for a rod girl's birthday meal for the entire family that is truly sad.

• Love 9
14 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

Anyone want to bet that the 16 of them sat at the table praying loudly for several long, long minutes; just so the staff and other diners could bask in their holiness?  I'm sure it was much appreciated.

Bask in their smelly ness ... I think they all don’t bathe often enough.

And Shrek probably tipped 2 tracks! 

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

"Son-in-love?"  Is that a typo?  Or is this a new term for "son-in-law?"

I have to admit I laughed at this obligatory "Nathan is picking up the tab, kids, order whatever you want!" photo.  Poor guy, I imagine he knows this is coming every time he and Nurie visit.

"Son-in-love" is a thing. I think Meech has used the "in-love" term for DILs and SILs. I don't know if it's exclusively a fundie thing but I've seen it on SM etc. several times.

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

You nailed it. Also, it's a small point I suppose, but I noticed that the post didn't mention how happy she was that her family of waif-like children also [presumably] was actually gathered around that table to have a meal. It was all about the public show of godliness, and IMO Jill's choice of words betrays that she didn't much care if or how much her kids got to eat after the performance. A secondary consideration although I'm sure she was gratified that someone/Nathan treated the family to the dinner. She's so horrible.

• Love 11
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

You nailed it. Also, it's a small point I suppose, but I noticed that the post didn't mention how happy she was that her family of waif-like children also [presumably] was actually gathered around that table to have a meal. It was all about the public show of godliness, and IMO Jill's choice of words betrays that she didn't much care if or how much her kids got to eat after the performance. A secondary consideration although I'm sure she was gratified that someone/Nathan treated the family to the dinner. She's so horrible.

I guess they forget that Jesus spoke out against hypocrisy. I always remember the story of the poor widow and the rich man and church donations. It was not only about a rich man but it was also about showing off how "godly" you were. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 12

I hope the restaurant added a service charge for a table that big. I trust Nathan to tip adequately only a little more than I trust Shrek to tip at all. It's nice that Nathan paid for Renee's birthday dinner so her parents wouldn't have to. 

• Love 14

I had a weird dream about the Rods this morning, just before I woke up.  That's never happened before.  Without going into strange/uninteresting-to-you-all details, I will say it involved me teaching Janessa how to read, Jill getting angry when I questioned if Janessa needed glasses and kicking me out, and some sorcery/demonic activity on Jill's part (!!! 😯).

Apparently my brain thinks I need a JillRod break!

• LOL 8
  • Love 9

I really do think JillR is the worst of the worst. I think it's because her hypocrisy and phoniness shows through every bs thing she posts. She truly believes being a great Christian is a competition and she's always trying to convince the world that her "humble" family is winning. I really don't believe anything that woman says and I fear for the health and safety of her vulnerable children.😢

• Love 18

Last night, I had another nightmare about the Rod kids needing help and not being able to get it.

I'm reading a book called Quincunx by Charles Palliser (really good novel by the way) and it's very Dickensian. The narrator mentions rickets and other Industrial Revolution-era London problems, and it called the Rod kids to mind, I think.

I really wish that Jill and David would take proper care of their kids, if only for our peace of mind lol

• Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I feel like when this family rolls up in their RV and a dozen-plus malnourished kids tumble out, followed by a gut with ears and a Maniac with clump of blonde extensions circa 1980, they are tolerated and pitied rather than welcomed...whereas Jill imagines their presence is akin to the Fundie Beatles rolling into town.

Added my 2 cents 🤣

Edited by iwantcookies
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4
(edited)

But if she didn’t post while in church services, or post while in prayer at a “Son-in-Love” paid meal… how on earth would we heathens know just how godly she is??? 🤷🏼‍♀️

Edited by Westiepeach
  • LOL 7
  • Love 5
On 6/20/2021 at 4:25 PM, Jynnan tonnix said:

My daughter is due Nov. 6, is also very slim, and looks at least twice as far along as Nurie.

Besides the Rod issues with food, Nurie is a younger pregnant woman (22) and this is her first child. Both age and # of kids, has an effect on pregnant someone looks. 

• Love 4