Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Looks like Janessa did her nails. This retreat is going to be so tacky!

I hope she posts lots of pics

I would love to be there just to be able to witness the shit show in person.  I can’t begin to imagine how bad it will be.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

My guess is the photo was taken at the auction site in New York.  It is still pretty common to see photos of the towers in that area.  Although that still doesn't explain why the kid is shoeless...

I was just wondering why he wasn't wearing shoes! The only explanation I could come up with was maybe they were muddy. But that appears to be a concrete floor. I would have thought the business would have required shoes due to liability issues. 

2 minutes ago, Liddy52 said:

I was just wondering why he wasn't wearing shoes! The only explanation I could come up with was maybe they were muddy. But that appears to be a concrete floor. I would have thought the business would have required shoes due to liability issues. 

You mean the “business” that is located in the Barndominium’s “Living Quarters?”

• Love 4
Just now, Westiepeach said:

You mean the “business” that is located in the Barndominium’s “Living Quarters?”

Oh, I thought the picture was taken at the business where they bought the machine! Silly me! Thanks for the heads up!

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I would love to be there just to be able to witness the shit show in person.  I can’t begin to imagine how bad it will be.

One year in the future, when Covid is over, we need to sponsor someone to go in disguise to Jilly's women's retreat and report back to us on all of the behind the scenes madness. Who volunteers as tribute? I would do it but I have a bad habit of not being able to keep my mouth shut when someone is spouting obvious lies or utter bullshit. 

• LOL 15
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, emma675 said:

One year in the future, when Covid is over, we need to sponsor someone to go in disguise to Jilly's women's retreat and report back to us on all of the behind the scenes madness. Who volunteers as tribute? I would do it but I have a bad habit of not being able to keep my mouth shut when someone is spouting obvious lies or utter bullshit. 

Me too. I could never pass as fundie, in dress, deportment, or speech. We need someone who can pull off an undercover/mole assignment.

Edited by Jeeves
  • LOL 11

Many years ago in the early 2000s when long denim skirts were "in" for a bit amongst my very non-fundie college crowd, I tried to turn an old pair of jeans into a jean skirt by cutting open the inner leg seams and sewing them together in the front and back as a skirt instead. It didn't really work out due to the crotch area not coming together smoothly and causing super awkward bumps there...but if I still had that monstrosity of a design attempt it would make a fabulous skirt to wear undercover to Jill's retreat - what would be more ostentatiously modest than a pair of jeans resewn (very poorly) into a skirt?? A camisole under an already high-necked t-shirt would complete the ensemble.

• LOL 15
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, thehorseofpower said:

Many years ago in the early 2000s when long denim skirts were "in" for a bit amongst my very non-fundie college crowd, I tried to turn an old pair of jeans into a jean skirt by cutting open the inner leg seams and sewing them together in the front and back as a skirt instead. It didn't really work out due to the crotch area not coming together smoothly and causing super awkward bumps there...but if I still had that monstrosity of a design attempt it would make a fabulous skirt to wear undercover to Jill's retreat - what would be more ostentatiously modest than a pair of jeans resewn (very poorly) into a skirt?? A camisole under an already high-necked t-shirt would complete the ensemble.

You mean watching the episode where the Duggar girls did the same thing didn’t make you an expert instantly? 

• LOL 17
22 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

Me too. I could never pass as fundie, in dress, deportment, or speech. We need someone who can pull off an undercover/mole assignment.

I never could either. 

18 minutes ago, Zella said:

I've been told by both professors and bosses that when I think something is stupid, my face is incredibly disdainful. I cope by refusing to look at anyone, which then becomes a tell of its own. 

It was named the "Zella's getting skeptical face" by one of my English professors. He actually used to call it in lectures. "Oh there it is." LOL Thus, as much as I would like to be a fundie spy, I fear they'd out me within minutes! LOL 

I have been told that my face really shows how I feel! I can bluff for awhile over light hearted things, but when I am disgusted or angry, you can see it! We were at a restaurant and getting bad service. I didn't say a word but my husband said "I can see you want to complain by the look on your face".

Edited by libgirl2
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I never could either. 

I have been told that my face really shows how I feel! I can bluff for awhile over light hearted things, but when I am disgusted or angry, you can see it! We were at a restaurant and getting bad service. I didn't say a word but my husband said "I can see you want to complain but the look on your face".

YES! One of my classes featured someone named Heather who would not stop talking about the dumbest bullshit imaginable. After a particularly annoying class, a friend asked me, "You don't like Heather, do you?" "Oh what makes you say that?" "When she talks, you look at her like you want to gut her with a rock." 😇

• LOL 24
5 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I’m a recovering addict/alcoholic, and we are masters at bullshitting.  I can bullshit my way through anything!  The only problem would be that spending a few days with JRod might send me straight back to the bottle! 🍸🥴😉

A few days with JRod would send a teetotaler to the bottle! There is no way I could stand to be in the same room with her, since she would definitely try to convert me.

That makes me wonder - does Jill try to convert overweight, pants-wearing, job-having, blue haired women when she sees them?  Or are they too horrible to approach, since she might get their cooties. It seems like she mostly talks about saving men.

Edited by MargeGunderson
  • LOL 8
  • Love 7

I think Jill avoids anyone who she think will push back. In that sense, I think she is a classic bully and manipulator, so she zooms in on people who she thinks will politely and meekly let her yammer at them instead of telling her to go fuck herself. 

• Love 15
16 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Looks like Janessa did her nails. This retreat is going to be so tacky!

I hope she posts lots of pics

Since the retreat showcases Jill's decorating and hosting talents, it will be tacky be default.

It will be hard for her to outdo her first retreat, which was centered on her SEVERELY QUADRIPLEGIC sister Amy, complete with a booklet from Shrek's holy printing press about "Amy's story." Since Jill has run out of sympathetic female relatives and ordinary mothers and grandmothers, we'll see who she cajoles into being guest speakers this year. Maybe Kaylee and Renee will co-present the virgin purity breakout session. Shrek and a couple of the Rod sons will sit around munching on peanuts in the men's group, watching sports on TV if they can get away with it. It's likely most of the men are there only because of the female attendees who can't travel without a male relative in tow. 

My poker face is pretty good, but this retreat would give me hives. I'm sure Jill will post a lot of photos. She likes to show off. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

after 2 minutes with Jill I'd be adding a bit of alcohol her pink plexus drink

I'd pay money to see Jill sloshed. Though, frankly, she kinda sounds three sheets to the wind in some of her diatribes already.

• LOL 11
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Jeeves said:

I was just going to say the same thing!! Althoooooough... I do love me some raccoon eyeliner and hairspray. Maybe with a lil practice. Lol.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, the-grey-lady said:

OMG, can these grifters send a simple text message without being so nauseatingly sacchrine?

I text Mr. Grey all the time, but I keep it simple.

I can only imagine how he'd react if I sent, "Hellooooo best hubby ever! You are my ROCK! Also, we need milk and paper towels. Love yoooouuuuu!" or "Just want to say that I ADORE you and you are a GIFT from GOD. I would so appreciate if you dragged the trash cans to the curb tonight! I am so grateful for you!"

Blecch.

At 8 weeks the baby is 1/2 - 3/4 inch long.  No need to hold your stomach, Nurie.

• LOL 2
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I'd pay money to see Jill sloshed. Though, frankly, she kinda sounds three sheets to the wind in some of her diatribes already.

She is drinking Plexus and who knows what chemicals are in there. Jill is 😜 crazy. But yeah it would be fun to get drunk with Jill!

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, the-grey-lady said:

OMG, can these grifters send a simple text message without being so nauseatingly sacchrine?

I can only imagine how he'd react if I sent, "Hellooooo best hubby ever! You are my ROCK! Also, we need milk and paper towels. Love yoooouuuuu!" or "Just want to say that I ADORE you and you are a GIFT from GOD. I would so appreciate if you dragged the trash cans to the curb tonight! I am so grateful for you!"

Blecch.

This absolutely cracked me up. I think Mr. Madtown would give me a big ol WTF, if I sent a text like that too. We'll throw in an "I love you" once in awhile, but that's about as mushy as it will get.

• Love 10

I will say I occasionally throw an out of the blue, thanks for being my kid/husband, I love you, texts. I can also say they never end up on SM.

Nurie is definitely living in an RV or camper. That doorway behind her looks as if she wouldn't fit through it at 9 months pregnant.

• Love 7

Oh come on, crazy8s, you'd be a perfect mole! If Jill is still doing her retreat in 2022, we can pool our resources together to grab you a spot and outfit you with the perfect fundie wardrobe, plus about 8 pounds of Dollar Store makeup. 

Edited by emma675d
  • LOL 14
  • Love 1
On 3/24/2021 at 6:33 AM, emma675 said:

Oh, there better be tons of pictures from this event! I need a good laugh.

I'm still laughing at the horrid "decorations" at last year's retreat!  I'm thinking she might have even dragged in the toilet chair and covered it in fake fur, along with a fake fireplace!

• LOL 12
29 minutes ago, emma675 said:

Oh come on, crazy8s, you'd be a perfect mole! If Jill is still doing her retreat in 2022, we can pool our resources together to grab you a spot and outfit you with the perfect fundie wardrobe, plus about 8 pounds of Dollar Store makeup. 

I don't live that far from the rod clan, an easy few hour drive, my 9yr old grand girl could do my makeup. but MrCrazy8s and I swore of all church services, retreats and conference type things about 10yrs ago. we have been to a few weddings and funeral services in that time (not during covid) it would be a hard sell there for me to explain that my snarking group wanted me to be a spy🤣

• LOL 7
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, Liddy52 said:

Oh, I thought the picture was taken at the business where they bought the machine! Silly me! Thanks for the heads up!

You can tell it's their living quarters; just look at the decorated hot water heater.

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Jeeves said:

I could probably pass.  Even though I don't have a religious bone in my body, I've been frequently told that I look like an ex nun!

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I will say I occasionally throw an out of the blue, thanks for being my kid/husband, I love you, texts. I can also say they never end up on SM.

Nurie is definitely living in an RV or camper. That doorway behind her looks as if she wouldn't fit through it at 9 months pregnant.

I just hope it’s not the old Keller pop up camper. Jill and Shrek were definitely desperate to unload Nuri. Then again not sharing an RV with fourteen other people is a step up. Nathan needs to cut off the Rods and save his money for a proper place to live, and to support the baby on the way. Hopefully one of the siblings who have left the cult will counsel Nathan about finances.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, crazy8s said:

I don't live that far from the rod clan, an easy few hour drive, my 9yr old grand girl could do my makeup. but MrCrazy8s and I swore of all church services, retreats and conference type things about 10yrs ago. we have been to a few weddings and funeral services in that time (not during covid) it would be a hard sell there for me to explain that my snarking group wanted me to be a spy🤣

Too far of a drive for me, plus I am an absolutely terrible liar. I can't be anyone but myself no matter how hard I try. And Mr Jyn would probably think I was ready to be committed for even bringing something like that up to begin with. But it would be an awful lot of fun if only those hurdles could be overcome! LOL

• LOL 9
6 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

A few days with JRod would send a teetotaler to the bottle! There is no way I could stand to be in the same room with her, since she would definitely try to convert me.

That makes me wonder - does Jill try to convert overweight, pants-wearing, job-having, blue haired women when she sees them?  Or are they too horrible to approach, since she might get their cooties. It seems like she mostly talks about saving men.

That’s a good question, which is one more reason we need a mole!  Which one of you wants to put on a blue wig, lots of makeup, fake tattoos, provocative clothing, etc. and crash JRod’s “It’s All About Me” party? 

• LOL 6
5 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

Blecch.

Isn’t that the same pic that Jill posted a few weeks ago?

• Love 3
6 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

Blecch.

Nurie isn't wearing her engagement or wedding rings. Someone might think she's a *GASP* unwed mother who enticed a god-fearing man and gave him unrighteous thoughts!!!!!!!!!!! 

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

97192A54-0C8F-4636-8C1B-8FDCDE907DB3.jpeg

So is this photo to prove her children actually get to eat? We always comment about the food being near them but wondering if they get to eat it, so now she's like, "put it in your mouth so Momma can get a photo?" Because why would you post a photo of your daughter biting into nasty CC pizza otherwise?!

Looks like the not!Timbits boys went with David and everyone else stayed behind? What a fun night out 😔

• Love 7