Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jill's on a roll tonight.

I can't say that I follow either, however the second one looks to be a nicer dude.

Speaking of modern times, the giant, bold, WHICH JESUS DO YOU FOLLOW, looks like a social media question. Came back to clarify, following, like followers on SM.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 8
12 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jill's on a roll tonight.

Of course Raccoon Face provides scriptural citations for her version of Jesus but no proof for the modern Jesus claims. 

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

More mourning fun. Note Fatty McFatterson gets his own boat.

Why do these fundy families always have to do everything together? Can they not recognize that what is fun for 5 year old is probably not fun for a 20 year old? I suppose it would be unheard of to leave the older ones at home alone and just take the younger ones out.

• Love 15
15 minutes ago, AussiesRule said:

Why do these fundy families always have to do everything together? Can they not recognize that what is fun for 5 year old is probably not fun for a 20 year old? I suppose it would be unheard of to leave the older ones at home alone and just take the younger ones out.

Silly. Don't you know just how CLOSE they are as a family???

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Whyyouneedaname said:

Yep she's expecting.

image.png

image.png

Wow. I thought she closed up shop due to her heart issues. Grandma Jane straight up told her there are ways to limit family size. I bet they're trying for a male offspring, because Fundy men somehow think it makes them more masculine when they produce boys.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Wow. I thought she closed up shop due to her heart issues. Grandma Jane straight up told her there are ways to limit family size. I bet they're trying for a male offspring, because Fundy men somehow think it makes them more masculine when they produce boys.

Jesus Christ. She is only 25!

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

I’m not sure which Bates girl this is. But yeah, you’ve got three kids and a heart issue. Does she not realize that soon her husband could have four kids and no wife?

The husband looks like Austin after photoshopping and filters.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, Zella said:

I went to the Rod family website and listened to about 5 seconds of them sounding like Muppets on helium singing "I'll Fly Away" before I noped out. Now listening to the Gillian Welch and Allison Krauss version from O Brother Where Art Thou to cleanse my soul and my ears. 

But I love this inept disclaimer on the song: "Audio is played partially for security reasons."

Part of the reason audio is played is for security reasons? Only part of the audio is played for security reasons? Whose security? The poor listener's? 

Ahhhhh one of my most favorite and beloved versions of that song!  💗

don’t even wanna think about Timbits sullying it!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Wow. I  I bet they're trying for a male offspring, because Fundy men somehow think it makes them more masculine when they produce boys.

I hate to say it, but even "regular world" guys have that attitude. Back when Kobe died, several of my husband's friends lamented how sad it was he didn't have a son to carry on his legacy. I can only imagine how much worse it is in Fundieland. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Westiepeach said:

She's as dumb as any fundie woman, just with more aesthetic packaging. 

2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

It's not just fundie men who think that. 😞 I ceased to exist the day my much younger half-brother was born. He's still the golden child despite being a selfish ass. My sister had a built-in role as free babysitter, but I was too young and small for that. 

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

John looks like he wants to cry in that picture.  WTH were they thinking?!

John always looks like that.

The answer is, they weren't. Very few fundies have the self-awareness to consider whether they should have more children, just because they can

• Love 11
2 hours ago, JoanArc said:

I’m not sure which Bates girl this is. But yeah, you’ve got three kids and a heart issue. Does she not realize that soon her husband could have four kids and no wife?

The husband looks like Austin after photoshopping and filters.

She's been cleared of the heart issues. But she was likely already knocked up when she went in for her stress test. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

The Nurthan nuptials made it to the wedding shaming group on Facebook I belong to. I kinda hope Jill finds out about it but it's a closed group so I doubt it 🤣 I'm pretty sure it made its way over there from Reddit's Fundie snark page. 

Edited by galaxygirl76
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, galaxygirl76 said:

The Nurthan nuptials made it to the wedding shaming group on Facebook I belong to. I kinda hope Jill finds out about it but it's a closed group so I doubt it 🤣 I'm pretty sure it made its way over there from Reddit's Fundie snark page. 

LOL! I'm in that group, too @galaxygirl76! High five!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Sounds like a very entertaining group!  

What was all that screaming in the bumper boat video?  It looked pretty tame and boring, just floating around.  Maybe Jill ordered them to scream to make it seem like they were having fun~

I hope Alyssa (had to look up her name, I forgot it) has a boy. Maybe they could then consider their family complete.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

Wait until J-Rod finds out that Biblical Jesus looked more like Saïd Taghmaoui than the Malibu Barbie version of Jesus she probably had posters of on her wall growing up.

Nah...she had Jared Leto on her wall...and told everyone it was Jesus.

• LOL 9
2 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

What was all that screaming in the bumper boat video?  It looked pretty tame and boring, just floating around.  Maybe Jill ordered them to scream to make it seem like they were having fun~

I hope Alyssa (had to look up her name, I forgot it) has a boy. Maybe they could then consider their family complete.

Having a boy might also prompt them to keep going, "to make things equal," and then the girls would bear the brunt of the household stuff. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Could that title BE any more ironic?

Follow up album will be "Jesus took the flight controls and crashed into a mountain ".

Edited by lianau
  • LOL 6

Putt putt ain't cheap.

And PUKE. Make out in your bedroom. I bet the kids are embarrassed.

1 minute ago, galaxychaser said:

Wearing boots in the summer? 

Probably the only shoes in the barndominium that fit.

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

They're all grinning and waving at the camera. Nurie who? 

These pictures remind me of middle schoolers trying to show their absent friend how much fun they’re having without them.  “Too bad you got married, look at how much fun we had playing mini golf without you!”

• LOL 9
  • Love 8
49 minutes ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

Why is the Rod-let in the last photo not wear shoes, just socks? Like I'd almost understand if she'd slipped off her flip flops (like the other girls were wearing), but she's just in socks...WHY?

And that outfit... it looks like she’s just wrapped in layers of fabric instead of wearing clothes.

• Love 7

The first picture made me lose my appetite for a year. 

Shreks pants are so long can’t he buy pants that fit or Jill hem them? All the kids look like orphans or something. Just so poorly dressed. 

Nurie who? Extra chicken for Shrek.

• Love 12