Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Well, they look very happy. Clearly need some practice on the kissing thing, though...

Yeah poor things, that was some awkward positioning, to put it mildly. 

• LOL 6
4 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I don't think its white. It looks maybe like a pale green.

Yep, it looks like pistachio or similar

5 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

Looks like is was in Ohio??

It certainly looks like it.  Mid 80's. bright and sunny here today.

4 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

No masks !

Of course not!  Meanwhile, my niece got married in her backyard this afternoon.  Other than her and the groom and their dog; everyone else, including the father of the bride, the groom's parents, the attendants and the groom's siblings were wearing masks.  The seating for those not in the wedding party was also socially distanced and the entire thing held outside.

• Love 20
7 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Kiss and spin lucky she weighs 80 pounds so he can carry her around. Nuri is so skinny it’s sad.

in that and the pic from the back she looks so very thin. I hope she gets to eat now. but her mind is probably so messed up she will be unable to eat even when it is just her and Nathan in their home

• Love 2
Just now, crazy8s said:

in that and the pic from the back she looks so very thin. I hope she gets to eat now. but her mind is probably so messed up she will be unable to eat even when it is just her and Nathan in their home

I must say, I didn't mind her dress too much.  The poofy sleeves were definitely '80's, Jill's favorite decade, but it didn't appear to be a Frankendress and it looked like it fit her well.  Her waist is tiny!

I wonder what the rest of the malnourished mob wore?  Those poor little girls probably looked like extras from the orphanage in Annie.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

Nurie's dress isn't actually tacky. Too bad she didn't do anything with that hair. They do look happy and I hope Nurie gets to eat and Jill doesn't interfere with their life day in and day out(I know, asking a lot). Run far away Nurie!
Yep, Jill's dress is for sure pale green.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

While we wait for wedding news - evidently Carlin messed up her new car while they drove it home.  She was getting gas and hit the door on a metal barrier.  

I am sympathetic- she was not used to driving a large vehicle.  I can relate- I always pick smaller cars.  My depth perception is not great.  I tend to overcompensate, so I am constantly  backing up after I pull into parking spots because I am not centered, or the back end of the car is sticking out into the lane.  My car's backup camera has been a real help to me. Never had an accident in a parking lot, although I have scrapes on my wheel covers from turning too close to curbs. 🤦‍♀️

But C & E  are so determined to push their brand as the "lovable wacky couple" that they have to post this stuff.  I would have kept it to myself.

Carlin is a full-fledged dingbat, period.

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
Just now, doodlebug said:

I must say, I didn't mind her dress too much.  The poofy sleeves were definitely '80's, Jill's favorite decade, but it didn't appear to be a Frankendress and it looked like it fit her well.  Her waist is tiny!

I wonder what the rest of the malnourished mob wore?  Those poor little girls probably looked like extras from the orphanage in Annie.

Looks like the bridesmaids wore pale green. Maybe Sofia and Janessa got to wear purple as flower girls?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Madtown said:

Nurie's dress isn't actually tacky. Too bad she didn't do anything with that hair. They do look happy and I hope Nurie gets to eat and Jill doesn't interfere with their life day in and day out(I know, asking a lot). Run far away Nurie!

Yeah,  it's not tacky just cheap.

• Love 6
(edited)

I can't knock cheap. I had to pay for my own dress in 1997 and spent about $200 on it and it was perfect. Bridesmaid dresses were on clearance for $15. I didn't want my friends to have to pay a lot.

Edited by Madtown
  • Love 18
10 minutes ago, Madtown said:

OMG, Nurie’s arm looks to be the same diameter as the tree limbs.  

3 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

OMG, Nurie’s arm looks to be the same diameter as the tree limbs.  

in the pic with Pris holding Nathan's arm, his looks way too thin as well

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

I only mind the dress because I don’t think Nurie chose it- it’s want Jill wanted her to wear so Jill could relive her youth. Nurie does look happy thank god. 

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I only mind the dress because I don’t think Nurie chose it- it’s want Jill wanted her to wear so Jill could relive her youth. Nurie does look happy thank god. 

well if it is actually the dress she chose at 14, it seems about right. a sheltered fundie girl's idea of a perfect wedding dress

• Love 14

Nathan and Nurie look really happy, so I am happy for them.

That dress is 80’s/early 90’s awful and definitely not surprised that they bought it at a thrift shop.  Nathan wore an off-white monstrosity of a suit so he would fit in with the Rodrigues’ style (lack of style more like it).

Nurie’s bouquet looks tacky.  I think she should’ve just stuck with all purple flowers. Did she put rhinestones in it?  Her makeup looked so much better than what she normally wears. Her hair was meh as usual.

• Love 12
(edited)
1 hour ago, BigBingerBro said:

Looks like is was in Ohio??

Yeah. It looks just like the Wooster area. 

They look very happy, and I hope they're able to stay that way, despite their nuts relatives. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

Is that the same dress?  Anybody know?  

Yes, Jill said much earlier than Nuri wanted to wear her dress.

Jill is the matron of honor so I think her dress matches the bridesmaids.

It looks better than I had hoped. Fingers crossed.

I wish Nuri and Nathan many, many years of happiness. I hope that over time they are both able to overcome the brainwashing they both suffered from their parents and that they always have food on their table. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 24

I wish them well too. Their kiss looks natural. 

Now, I want to see pictures of the food. 

Priscilla always looks like she has indigestion. But I appreciate the Wallers leaking the photos. Both Dave and Pris are wearing wedding party green, so they must have been in the entourage. 

I wonder how many decades of Rod brides that wedding dress will have to serve.  

• Love 10

Good for them, hope they're happy. Hope no one gets pregnant for a good long while. Hope the SEVERELY 'meh' sex is decent, and the feeling of escaping Jill's clutches is ORGASMIC.

• Love 19

That dress is pure 90’s, I’m surprised she doesn’t have a big bow on her butt. What bugs me though is that it looks like she’s wearing something underneath it or they tacked lace and it’s not the same color.  It’s not like she would have been flashing people without it 🙄
They both look very happy though, and I hope they have a good life together.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

The hell with that, I hope the first thing they do post-wedding is order a large deep-dish pizza with extra everything and six pints of Haagen Dazs from room service.

Ok.I'll take that,too.LOL

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

That dress was not the monstrosity I was expecting.

5 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

She's surprisingly uppity for someone who's married to Sex Pest.

Exactly. There have been several moments over the years where she couldn't keep her disdain for those she considers lesser off her face. If Jill manages her to corner her for conversation, her sweet facade will crack.

4 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

Oh please! There is a better chance of People and/or US Weekly paying me to post pictures of me doing laundry than to pay money for an "exclusive" for Nurthan's wedding. We are the only ones clamoring for pictures!

3 hours ago, Temperance said:

I don't think Jill R, Nurie, Nathan or even Anna or Josh Duggar are big enough stars anyone would pay for these pictures. While they do have a large internet following (mostly snarkers) and some live appearances, most people don't know who the Rods or the Kellers. Even the Duggars are relatively not big outside their fans, fundies, snarkers, and TLC viewers.

I think Jill is trying to keep people from reporting a large event where people don't wear masks.  One or two people not wearing masks might slip by, but a whole wedding where no one has a mask might get the authorities interested. The police were breaking up weddings in New Jersey earlier this year, although I admit Ohio is more laid-back and less diseased. 

Oh, I don't think there's any chance a mag will be at all interested in Jill's family (if she leads with a picture of Ana and Josh, her chances go up to 0.1%). I just think there's a decent chance that she's hoping for that.

I don't give Jill enough credit to know enough to hide a large, maskless event. She's an arrogant buffoon...if the thought crosses her mind, it will be because she thinks she'd be demonstrating how ridiculous everyone else is for worrying about such things.

• Love 11
41 minutes ago, Kbo said:

That dress is pure 90’s, I’m surprised she doesn’t have a big bow on her butt. What bugs me though is that it looks like she’s wearing something underneath it or they tacked lace and it’s not the same color.  It’s not like she would have been flashing people without it 🙄
They both look very happy though, and I hope they have a good life together.

Lulz! My sister got married in '93 and both the wedding gown and the bridesmaid dresses had ginormous butt bows!!!

Nurie's wedding is about what I expected. Pretty cheap, but she looks happy, so that's all that matters. 

• Love 14

They look happy.  I hope they stay happy. Gotta wonder if when they are alone they will high five each other and say "Free at last!" 😉

The dress is not as bad as I had imagined.  I am anxious to see the group shots.  

Any bets as to which preacher dad performed the ceremony? 

• Love 14

Nathan's suit was pretty terrible (was it mismatched cream with white shoes?) but Nurie's dress wasn't the horror show I expected. It was just straight up 90s bridal fashion. I hope they are both happy, she doesn't get knocked up after the first time, and they both get decent meals from here on out.

• Love 18
23 minutes ago, emma675 said:

Nathan's suit was pretty terrible (was it mismatched cream with white shoes?) but Nurie's dress wasn't the horror show I expected. It was just straight up 90s bridal fashion. I hope they are both happy, she doesn't get knocked up after the first time, and they both get decent meals from here on out.

Yeah, the white suit was horrible and didn't fit him.  I do think he would have looked much better in black.  The dress--Nurie looked beautiful in it~

• Love 6
1 hour ago, irisheyes said:

It would be ironic if Nurie’s wedding turned out to be a superspreader event. 
Odds are better than even it’ll happen. 

Six days ago Pecan and Priss were at another wedding in TX. The Kellers are from FL. It be kind of shocking if no one gets covid.

• Love 14