Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, BitterApple said:

It can skip a generation. A girl I grew up with had proportionate features (as did her husband) and her poor daughter was born with an unfortunate nose. She apparently inherited it from her paternal grandfather. 

After some more instagram research I think poor Rachel has inherited the worst features from both parents . Her father's nose and her mother's  eyes and chin . 

5 hours ago, anyasmom said:

Only two of the kids are adopted.  A biological brother and sister.

The adoptive kids look enough like the rest of the family that it wouldn't surprise me if those kids were relatives. A lot of fundies don't really like the idea of adoption. Certainly Bill Gothard and his followers were against it.

Rachel may not be the most beautiful, but she's human and looks like a human being and nice girl. 

• Love 16

I just feel bad for her since you know all the fundie boys are looking for "hot" christian girls and she's outside of the norm. She's probably very nice and her appearance will probably work against her, sadly. Of course it might not bother her at all, who knows?

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

I just feel bad for her since you know all the fundie boys are looking for "hot" christian girls and she's outside of the norm. She's probably very nice and her appearance will probably work against her, sadly. Of course it might not bother her at all, who knows?

Since the women are evaluated as breeding stock, she’s probably at a disadvantage. On the other hand, she may be smart enough not to want to spend her life churning out babies and simpering up to her headship. 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Since the women are evaluated as breeding stock, she’s probably at a disadvantage. On the other hand, she may be smart enough not to want to spend her life churning out babies and simpering up to her headship. 

In a just world, she would have a choice, but I suspect Mama Craig's homeschooling stomped any such heresy right out of her. 

• Love 1
(edited)
22 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

you know all the fundie boys are looking for "hot" christian girls 

Lulz! Look how well that worked out for Bin Seewald....

Edited by BitterApple
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 17
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Chicklet said:

She's also tall . Another thing that's going to work against her .

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Lady Edith said:

Ok just a couple of things..,

1. My brother and I used to call each other dingus when we were kids. Our mom yelled at us for saying the word “stupid” so we started using dingus instead.  So very time I see the name, I LOL.

2. It would not surprise me in the least if Timbits was courting the Dingus (HEH) young lady.  The half a cow was probably down payment on her dowry. 

3. Please please PLEASE let the wedding be live-streamed. Nurthan’s nuptials will be what saves the rest of  this miserable year from complete crapitude.  

4. Sorry if I missed it, but has a Nurthan registry surfaced?  It’s about a month out from the big day...grifting enough to equip the Rod house and the Nurthan abode will take time.  

5. if Timbits and the Dingus (HEH) young lady are courting, I propose Tingus as the couple name.  

my kids called each other dingleberry...which my daughter looked up when she got older and it (if I recall correctly) is hair on an elephants but...lol...I guess it was better than stupid which I would not allow them to call each other that either...

• LOL 3

It turns out that Allison also announced her engagement her blog. Along with the announcement for new blog posts about being single, relationships, courtship, wedding planning. 

Also I'm not sure when they announced, because I hadn't checked her parents' blog. However the big Bontrager family blog announces the engagement now. Both Allison's blog and her parents' blog are dated today. Pretty sure all the announcements including Instagram were today. 

Her parents have more details. The proposal happened at some point earlier in the past.  His full name is Jeremiah Helferich. They are getting married August 15th!  They look really happy and he looks younger in the photo her parents used. 

@Sew Sumi can verify this, but I think the Bontragers always livestream the weddings? So something else to forward to!

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

They livestreamed John and Chelsy's wedding (never forget Stevehovah pontificating about his vasectomy reversal). I fully expect them to livestream this. Hopefully they'll release more details closer to the date, or some super sleuth finds their wedding website.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

They livestreamed John and Chelsy's wedding (never forget Stevehovah pontificating about his vasectomy reversal). I fully expect them to livestream this. Hopefully they'll release more details closer to the date, or some super sleuth finds their wedding website.

My memory was the Bontrager Dad talked all about Steve's vasectomy reversal, and Steve barely said anything. 

Speaking of the Maxwells, their blog post today was about planning for the wedding. It included pictures. Anna (Steve's daughter) and Mary Maxwell were shown being emotional about Jesse's leaving. Anna, Jesse, and Mary are the three youngest and very close. 

Sidney Dingus is married according to her public Facebook page. I am guessing she married into the Dingus family, assuming that she is using her married name on Facebook.

Maybe Tim is courting a different Dingus daughter or Kaylee is courting a Dingus son? Or a Rodrigues is courting one of Sidney's siblings from her family of origin?

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Triple P said:

Sidney Dingus is married according to her public Facebook page. I am guessing she married into the Dingus family, assuming that she is using her married name on Facebook.

Maybe Tim is courting a different Dingus daughter or Kaylee is courting a Dingus son? Or a Rodrigues is courting one of Sidney's siblings from her family of origin?

Yeah Sidney is definitely married. I assume it's her husband's sister. 

On 5/30/2020 at 6:04 PM, Churchhoney said:

Knocked up and not social distancing. It's a trend! 

Nurie's head is way too big for her body in that picture. She looks like a lollipop. Or one of those drinking birds, with necks that keep falling under her own weight.

I want to send Nurie a hamburger.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Lady Edith said:

...has a Nurthan registry surfaced?  It’s about a month out from the big day...grifting enough to equip the Rod house and the Nurthan abode will take time.  

Someone on another site (probably Free Jinger) reported that a friend of hers was on JillR's FB for a few years.  They messaged each other a few times, mostly Jill trying to sell Plexus or get this woman to sell under her.  This woman even sent Jill a gift for Jill's infamous 'Pamper Mama' party.

So, this woman who has been known to Jill for several years, messaged Jill to ask her the same question.  Jill responded that she didn't need to send anything, Nurie was sure to get plenty at the wedding.  Then Jill blocked her.

I'd thought that Jill would push the Nurie gift thing, with an eye to relieving Nurthan of anything she coveted.  But apparently Jill has decided to deflect interest instead.  Maybe she fears Nurie would get more gifts than Jill has, and that would make Jill feel like she's not the most popular in the cult.

• Useful 12
  • Love 1

How does the tall gal find clothes?! It must be so hard to be fundie and a tall woman. 

I am 5’10” and I had a mastectomy without reconstruction, so I need a modest neckline. It is really hard to find clothes that tic both boxes and are less than $50. Also, I have to order all clothes off the Internet - talks are not available in the store. It is all incredibly frustrating for me, and I am not dealing with the fundie baggage she is. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

How does the tall gal find clothes?! It must be so hard to be fundie and a tall woman. 

I am 5’10” and I had a mastectomy without reconstruction, so I need a modest neckline. It is really hard to find clothes that tic both boxes and are less than $50. Also, I have to order all clothes off the Internet - talks are not available in the store. It is all incredibly frustrating for me, and I am not dealing with the fundie baggage she is. 

It honestly depends on how proportional her body is.  I am also 5'10" with a long torso.  I do have some difficulty finding tops that are long enough, but I manage.  Today I am wearing an outfit that almost adheres to fundie modesty.  My dress almost completely covers my knees and it is from Old Navy with a top from Target over it.  The shirt only works over a dress with my long torso.  I should get rid of it, but I like the color.

Target is full of midi and maxi skirts and dresses.  Some of them even have modest necklines where all they would need is a cardigan to cover the shoulders.  

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

Maybe one of the girls in the family or a friend sews.

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

As a female over 6 feet, dresses and skirts are a lot easier to find than pants, which they aren't allowed to wear anyway.  I agree with another poster who said that maybe she sews.  Cardigans are great over dresses.  But I guess buying men's sweaters would be out of the question?  Old Navy tall clothes are really tall.

• Useful 3
(edited)

I buy men’s tall tops for the weekend/gym. Women’s tops tend to be short. I’m 5’6. Pants I buy petite and sometimes they are too long!

I only buy men’s sweatpants for the gym because they have good /deep pockets!

Edited by galaxychaser
  • Useful 2
(edited)

I haven't received my invite yet but I hope I get to sit near Dingbits. I'd like to see if they are talking about their favorite bible verse.

And I'd be sitting on the aisle so not to miss the mother of the bride in all her glory.

I think a response got taken by aliens, said "your reply was merged". To where? Primetimer is having issues again.

Edited by Chicklet
  • Love 2
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

You are too generous with the almonds. Those things have calories.

And protein. Too healthy for a Rodlet.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • LOL 4
1 hour ago, galaxychaser said:

Poor Nuri must be eating 5 almonds a day and 10 grains of rice. 

After she marries, Nurie will have a dilemma. How tempting it will be to eat a dish of ice cream or a whole chicken breast just because she can. Nathan will probably encourage her to eat what she wants because he wants her to be happy. Still, how awful she will feel to know that Mama and God do not approve of her indulging her selfish desires and gaining an ounce on her slim figure. 

Jill is a destructive narcissist. Her damage will last generations. 

• Love 3
46 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Married to a Dingus?

He should court that poor girl with The Nose. As most of his sisters and his mother have   a hefty amount of nasal appendage, he’d feel right at home.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

He didn't just make a video, he's making a whole CD!

But still using his mama's Facebook account

Hello everyone this is Timothy Rodrigues! Just wanted to let you all know I finished my first music video, definitely not professional but I put my heart into it! Please watch, and subscribe to my channel if you aren't already! Also stay posted cause I'm almost done with my first CD. Hope you all have a wonderful night, and God bless!

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

I made it to the 1:35 mark and feel I deserve a Medal of Honor. OMG, are all of them so out of touch they think this deserves to be disseminated? What a horrible thing to do to your children. To rob them from the experiences that bring forth self awareness. 

• Love 17

At one point in the video, I thought he was going to wade into the water (or possibly walk on it!) in his Sunday boat shoes. There were also a few instances where he forgot the words. 

The saddest part was at the very end when he looked at the camera like a hostage. 

And what was with the earpiece in his left ear? Does he have a hearing impairment?