Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Joy Baptist, the Rods' new church, has been holding services non-stop during the pandemic. Young Phillip even preached a sermon about sponges during Wednesday night service a couple of weeks ago.

Wayne County, where they live, has had two very serious nursing-home outbreaks. And nursing homes employ a lot of people. Hard to imagine there aren't a lot of folks walking around the county without symptoms but with the virus. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, EVS said:

I’m guessing the half a cow that their SEVERELY SWEET friends donated is already gone, and Jill is hoping to start another singing ministry, aka feed my starving children grifting tour, asap. 

If that meat went anywhere other than David's stomach, I'll be surprised. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Zella said:

I wonder how long he worked on that masterpiece. LOLOL

There are books with sermon ideas and outlines.  I'm sure David has one and Phillip copied it.  I cannot see him thinking about sponges and Jesus on his own.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

“[Masks] are viewed as a robbery in progress”??????

I am, for once, utterly speechless at the length, width, depth and breadth of the stupid.

Hope Covid enjoys Starla’s Concealed Carry class....🙄

• LOL 3
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, Oldernowiser said:

I am, for once, utterly speechless at the length, width, depth and breadth of the stupid.

I know, it’s unbelievable, right?

• Love 8
6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

AA26FEB4-C433-4A99-B9FB-BAFF7FEF53B2.jpeg

FDE49B9F-2072-4B33-BC41-134D32FD4025.jpeg

20456504-1F3D-4CDB-B2B8-FB0B2BDF6A2F.jpeg

I don’t get the clothes she puts on those poor kids.  Jill wears clothes that fit, and look reasonably nice, though dated at times.  The boys seem to have shirts and pants in the right sizes.  But those little girls are always in oversized shabby old dress up dresses with non-fitting t-shirts underneath.  How can they possibly be comfortable?  You can get cute dresses at Target or Walmart that would be so much easier for them to move in.  If she felt they were still immodest, she could follow the Duggar lead and have them wear leggings.  As somebody who is ultra picky about what kind of fabric is touching my skin, I just cringe when I see some of clothes those girls wear.  

1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

I found the perfect vacation spot for them.

94E34054-ADE6-4D8E-B8F9-94F85C6BDD37.png

As a Wisconsinite, I know what campground I won’t be going to.

• Love 12
15 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

OMG, true Covidiots.  Darwin Award candidates.

I wonder how far they are from Timbits? Sounds like his kind of gathering. 

It might be perfect for Tim, except for the wicked bloody marys! 🤣 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

What a terrifying sales pitch. I may never sleep again.

Same. That  face woke me straight up!

2 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

Breaking News Jilly just opened up a koldege The Jilly Koldege of Grifters. 

(Algebra math not included) 

Edited by galaxychaser
  • LOL 6
On 5/14/2020 at 12:27 AM, Sew Sumi said:

They tart up early in Rodland. 

Oh my....those clothes look like they've been around since Nurie and Kaylee's younger days.   I wouldnt doubt it.

On 5/14/2020 at 8:26 PM, Sew Sumi said:

I hope these aren't new pictures. They need to stay far, far away from Amy.

You are soooooo right.  Plus Jill is always shown  with her face plastered right next to someone else's. 

I'm surprised Jill hasn't been showing us pictures of the Rodrigui clan making & donating masks. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

I'm surprised Jill hasn't been showing us pictures of the Rodrigui clan making & donating masks. 

Silly. Jill GETS, she doesn’t ever GIVE. She is way too Godly for that nonsense...

• Love 8

Not only does Jill never give, but I'm also pretty sure they think the coronavirus is a hoax. She's not going to make masks because she probably thinks wearing them is stupid. 🙄

• Love 6

That is... very strangely phrased. "Nearly love"? As in, almost but not quite? Or did she mean "I love nearly every animal I encounter"? Or a typo for "dearly"? Or...

Her mangling of the English language just makes my head hurt. 

• Love 17

i can only respond to those last pictures with this:  if i was a nail biter, i surely would not take a zoomed in picture of my hands! i know this current time is hard for those of us that go to get our nails done regularly -- it is so frustrating to me. i just want to hide my hands as the thin nails peel off. i would NEVER have allowed that photo. maybe she did acrylic nails too and is dealing with similar aftermath....

• Love 1
1 hour ago, zoomama said:

i can only respond to those last pictures with this:  if i was a nail biter, i surely would not take a zoomed in picture of my hands! i know this current time is hard for those of us that go to get our nails done regularly -- it is so frustrating to me. i just want to hide my hands as the thin nails peel off. i would NEVER have allowed that photo. maybe she did acrylic nails too and is dealing with similar aftermath....

If she can afford acrylic nails, she can afford to feed her children and dress them decently. However, this is It's-All-About-Jill we're talking about, so common sense doesn't apply. Ragged nails are not a good ad for Plexus either. Isn't it supposed to fix all problems god doesn't have time to deal with?

• Love 9
14 hours ago, Tigregirl said:

I don’t get the clothes she puts on those poor kids.  Jill wears clothes that fit, and look reasonably nice, though dated at times.  The boys seem to have shirts and pants in the right sizes.  But those little girls are always in oversized shabby old dress up dresses with non-fitting t-shirts underneath.  How can they possibly be comfortable?  You can get cute dresses at Target or Walmart that would be so much easier for them to move in.  If she felt they were still immodest, she could follow the Duggar lead and have them wear leggings.  As somebody who is ultra picky about what kind of fabric is touching my skin, I just cringe when I see some of clothes those girls wear.  

As a Wisconsinite, I know what campground I won’t be going to.

She would have to love her kids to care about their comfort.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Didn't they lose a dog at a campsite and left anyway?

Yes. They were reunited via a FB group of the town they were staying in. I had hoped that Snuggles had found a new home, but I have seen her in the background of pictures in Ohio. ☹️

• Love 1
1 minute ago, sondraK said:

Yes,Carlin has a youtube channel.I was just watching her house tour.She has some vids about Layla's condition

Her channel is The Stewart Fam

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Which is why many black people are afraid to wear masks in public, especially black men. I can’t blame them. But it makes me sick that this is just another way they are put at risk in this society. 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Why is Jill posting a close up picture of her bosom? Very immodest ! 

Yes, why is she holding them right at boob level, with a closeup?  We don’t need those unrighteous thoughts!

little janessa is such a cutie!

• LOL 3

Ehh, a lot of pet allergies don't cause a sudden, violent reaction. I'm allergic, and I always pet my son and DIL's cat a little with no problems, but it'd be a bad idea for me to live under the same roof with her.

• Love 5
(edited)

The Rods used to have a cat. They gave it away at a yard sale. Allergies were not given as an excuse. This is the first we've heard of this. 😢

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, Portia said:

Ehh, a lot of pet allergies don't cause a sudden, violent reaction. I'm allergic, and I always pet my son and DIL's cat a little with no problems, but it'd be a bad idea for me to live under the same roof with her.

Yeah mine usually manifests as sneezing. It's admittedly one of my lesser allergies, so I'm not super allergic. (And not all animals bother me equally. My little Chihuahua never gives me problems. His brother with slightly thicker hair occasionally bothers me. Other dogs and cats make me sneeze every time.) It's more just annoying and inconvenient rather than debilitating. I don't put anything past Jill, but I don't find it hard to believe she is holding an animal despite pet allergies. But I also don't believe anything she says, so there we go. LOL

1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Rodlets (including Timbits) failing to socially distance in the church ", orchestra."

The Tim mystery thickens. He's apparently back home but didn't get any forged Mother's Day post and no cloying post about how he had returned to Mama to match the last post that sent him back to Wisconsin. What the hell is going on?! 

• Love 10
(edited)

I'm guessing little TImmy flunked out of college,and Jill doesn't want any q's about it so she doesn't highlight him.That's the only thing I can think of

Edited by sondraK
  • Useful 1
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Maybe Tim is sensitive to the snark and has asked JillR not to metion him on SM.

Even if he wanted that it doesn't matter. She wouldn't care. Jill only cares about what Jill wants. 

• Love 10

Didn't Tim have a job in Wisconsin too? Is that gone like his chance for an education?

While Timmy can be almost as obnoxious as his mother, I feel bad that he's right back where he started: the house of no hopes, no dreams, no future. It's like being in a deep, black hole and managing to crawl toward the light at the top only to tumble back into the darkness again. 

• Love 6

I agree Tim most likely flunked out and since Jill can’t brag about him anymore she just ignores him. Also most likely tuition money was grifted and now she got nothing to show off to the donor. 

• Love 10