Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Timbits posted to the friends only portion of Jill's FB. Apparently, he's going through "the roughest trial of [his] life." I wonder if he's having trouble in school? What other trials could he have? He just asked for prayers, no money or anything.

DUI? Solicitation?

Edited by mynextmistake
  • LOL 3
5 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if he was having trouble with school. Look at his homeschool "education" with Jill. Reading his posts, it was obviously substandard. 

Yes I could definitely see him struggling in school. I also imagine that his homeschooling background may make it hard for to find a job, especially one that pays enough for room and board. I know Jill is a nightmare and Tim is too much like her, but Tim is still young and has been isolated and indoctrinated his whole life. He's never been to school until the last two years. I hope that he is able to become more independent and less away from his mother and her craziness. I have no doubt that Jill would take him if he really had no place to go, but that isn't for the best for him, for his family, and for anyone who has to deal with him in the future. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, charmed1 said:

Are they in a laundromat?

It looks like it could be the laundry area in their home.  I'm sure Jill saved all the family's laundry to do at the Keller home.  At least Mrs. Keller is letting the little girls do some fun activities.  With a different hairstyle Mrs. Keller could be quite attractive.  Any guesses how long the Jill and family will stay in the Keller yard?

• Love 6
8 hours ago, beagletime said:

It looks like it could be the laundry area in their home.  I'm sure Jill saved all the family's laundry to do at the Keller home.  At least Mrs. Keller is letting the little girls do some fun activities.  With a different hairstyle Mrs. Keller could be quite attractive.  Any guesses how long the Jill and family will stay in the Keller yard?

Until July? Sadly I think it’s possible. Maybe Jill is looking for a bride for Tim. Grimace Kaylee is definitely on the market for a husband.

9 hours ago, beagletime said:

With a different hairstyle Mrs. Keller could be quite attractive.  

As long as she doesn't let Jilly with her cosmetology training give her the new hairstyle!!  I think she'd look better if she just washed and brushed it.  She never looks like she takes care of her hair.

• Love 4
18 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Timbits posted to the friends only portion of Jill's FB. Apparently, he's going through "the roughest trial of [his] life." I wonder if he's having trouble in school? What other trials could he have? He just asked for prayers, no money or anything.

Maybe he has to do a group project in college with people he doesn’t approve of, like a lesbian, a catholic, and a black person. 

Edited by EVS
Clarity
  • LOL 14
  • Love 4

Holy crap, can Jill suck up to the Kellers any harder?? I wonder if she thinks the harder she sucks up, the less of a chance Nathan has to change his mind (not that I think he's going to, he can't do any better than Nurie).

• Love 11
18 minutes ago, emma675 said:

Holy crap, can Jill suck up to the Kellers any harder?? I wonder if she thinks the harder she sucks up, the less of a chance Nathan has to change his mind (not that I think he's going to, he can't do any better than Nurie).

If the Kellers had any brains they'd be forcing Nathan to call off the engagement after this visit. The mooching, the sucking up. "I LOVE you, Mrs. Keller!"? Run, Kellers, run! Of course we're talking about Anna's parents, so fuck them for what they let her marry into (and encouraged her to stay in). For that alone I hope Jill lives in their yard forever. They deserve it.

Edited by Picture It. Sicily
So many typos
  • LOL 1
  • Love 22
15 hours ago, Lunera said:

Were the Rod's invited?

The bride is very pretty. Joshley must've been dwelling in that devil's fortress throughout this wedding. The groom is the whitest non-albino person I've ever seen.

Geez, Duggars with the babies already....does one have to be in every picture? Are we supposed to be reminded that you're constantly breeding?

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
45 minutes ago, emma675 said:

Suck up with a hint of shade. 

"I am blessed beyond measure to glean wisdom from her years of experience."

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Normades said:

As long as she doesn't let Jilly with her cosmetology training give her the new hairstyle!!  I think she'd look better if she just washed and brushed it.  She never looks like she takes care of her hair.

If only Jill did a makeover.  Can you picture Mrs. Keller done up like Jill?  I'd pay to see that.  Big, fried hair and makeup.

Edited by beagletime
Added a sentance.
  • LOL 16
  • Love 1
40 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Wait for the wedding pictures lol. Jill is probably going to do make up for everyone. 
Everyone will look like a drunk raccoon.

Teenage goth and drunk me was once accused of looking like a “drunk raccoon.”

🤦🏼‍♀️
...there are no words, lol!

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

20 hours ago, emma675 said:

Timbits. 🤣 Isn't he like 19 years old? I wonder what the "roughest trial" of his life is like?

I bet it's something incredibly boring - like he accidentally read something that contained a passage from a non-King James version of the Bible or he watched five minutes of an R-rated movie before he could turn the TV channel.  

My guess is though that he's either struggling with school (poor guy, I want him to break free from Fundie-dom by having an actual career/skill, but he's been "prepared" by Jill's SOTDRT education) or he's simply worried that he's not the current golden child getting most of Jill's attention since Nurie & Nathan are courting.  Poor Tim is probably trying to figure out how he can be introduced to an available sister of a Duggar-in-law so he can be Sweet Mama Jill's Most Precious #1 child.  (I figure he & Nurie are constantly in competition for who is Sweet Mama Jill's Goldenest Golden Child. Tim got lots of attention & praise from Sweet Mama Jill last year when he went off to school and some at the start of this school year, but Nurie & her Duggar-adjacent courtship are getting all the attention right now and will until at least July.)

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 14
44 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

For the life of me, I can't figure out how the Kellers managed to produce such attractive daughters.

I feel like it's some kind of weird Fundie Super Power for some of these fundie families.  The girl children of the Duggars and the Kellers especially seem to somehow inherit a combination of their parents' genes that is much more aesthetically pleasing than how the gene combo plays out in boy children once they're adults.    

I also hope Suze and Nurie become friends and Suze can subtly influence Nurie's make-up and hair choices (as well as maybe encouraging her toward some modern modest clothing), as it seems Anna is going to ignore Nurie as long as she can and while Priscilla seems sweet, I doubt it would occur to her to subtly try to help/influence Nurie's look (as it seems Priscilla isn't particularly in tune with what's going on around her). 

Suze has to know that poor Nurie & the Rods are a mess, especially since J-Rod had to resort to taking a picture of a picture of Suze to include in her thank you for Nathan & Nurie's engagement ring cake.  The fact that she made that cake for Nathan & Nurie speaks to the fact that Suze must care about them, though (unlike Anna who is apparently too much of a Duggar Princess-In-Law to acknowledge the Rods marrying into her family).    

• Love 15

image.png.66143281fae9172cc8e7d3812de6893b.pngFamily: The Keller family (Bottom Row L to R: Priscilla, Anna, Mike, Suzette, Rebekah, Susanna; Back Row L to R: Nathan, Daniel and David)  This was posted in the Daily Mail August 2015 after Daniel offered to let Anna and children live with him.  I don't know when the picture was taken.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, wilsie said:

image.png.66143281fae9172cc8e7d3812de6893b.pngFamily: The Keller family (Bottom Row L to R: Priscilla, Anna, Mike, Suzette, Rebekah, Susanna; Back Row L to R: Nathan, Daniel and David)  This was posted in the Daily Mail August 2015 after Daniel offered to let Anna and children live with him.  I don't know when the picture was taken.

Nathan doesn't look all that hopeless in this picture.

Maybe Jill has taught Nurie how she can grift him some orthodontia (as someone who needed a lot of orthodontic work, I feel terribly for him that his family couldn't afford it and I'm not trying to make fun of him. It sucks to get made fun of for your teeth being crooked and weird, since you have no control over that).  Maybe he looks shiny & terrified in pictures Jill posts because Jill & the whole Rod clan have been around so much.  That would be enough to make anyone sweaty, break out from stress, and look like they're terrified.  Hopefully once he and Nurie are married, he will be able to put a little space between his new household & Jill, even if it's by hooking up (And Kaylee) with his brother or introducing Renee to a Duggar boy.

I will give Nathan credit for having the confidence to smile with his teeth showing.  Years after a lot of orthodontic work, I still don't have it. It's just been ingrained in me to smile with my lips closed from years of having crooked teeth.  So good for Nathan for having the confidence to smile real smiles, even if they're imperfect.   

It also speaks a tiny bit well for the Kellers, IMO, that their two non-Fundie daughters wore pants in the picture.  There isn't any of this "I feel convicted to wear pants but I'm still going to wear skirts only around my parents out of 'respect'" (ie: fear) capitulation that we see with Jinger or with the Bates girls when they're with their families.  The Kellers might be slightly less authoritarian than the Duggars & Bateses, which could be good for Nurie. (The Keller parents still have awful beliefs & basically sold of Anna to the despicable Duggar crown prince, so I'm still not singing their praises.)

• Love 13
22 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Well we know from his posts that he feels far superior to us mere mortals. Maybe his trial is that he can't suck people into his delusions, like his mother does. (Or tries to do.)

• Love 4

Anna Marie wrote a blog post about her surgery on Tuesday. 

"Surgery went very well, though due to the continued growth and location of the tumor, the surgeon recommended a more extensive surgery than we were originally hoping for. Christopher and I understood the necessity and agreed that it was best the approach at this point. While the tumor was very close to the chest wall, following surgery the surgeon said it appears that it had not yet penetrated. The surgeon removed some lymph nodes for testing, so once pathology comes back in about a week, we will know the full nature of the tumor and whether it has spread into the lymph system.

I am feeling great other than some muscle-type soreness (feels like I just did a left-armed pushup workout yesterday after not doing them for a few months), but I’m not in pain. That’s what we had heard about the laser surgery from other ladies who had come here, and it seems to be holding true for me as well. We came back to our hotel shortly after surgery, and I’ve been getting good rest, eating well, and have been walking frequently at the recommendation of the surgeon.

We have loved seeing photos and updates of our children’s activities sent to us from Grandma and the aunties. It’s hard to believe Ruthanne turned six years old yesterday! I remember her birth like it was yesterday … only it seems like it was forever ago in many ways. She was thrilled to help decorate cupcakes for her birthday celebration last night (her second celebration since we did our own family party on Saturday)!" 

This does sound better than I expected. There was more to post where Anna Marie thanked people for their prayers. No mention of thanking the doctor/surgeon/medical staff. 

• Love 6
On 2/18/2020 at 4:12 PM, Sew Sumi said:

He's upset his date night partner is getting married? Oh, and SHE'S HIS SISTER????

• LOL 12

Well, one thing I could say about those kids swimming in yards of heavy denim ...they're able to stay afloat , so they would make pretty good lifeguards, considering they're doubling their weight with wet fabric.

If I were at that pool, I would be snapping pix and sending them to everyone. And laughing.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

He's upset his date night partner is getting married? Oh, and SHE'S HIS SISTER????

Come on.  There's no reason to suggest that Tim is pissed that his sister is getting married. At least not anything to suggest he's upset that Nurie was his special something.  He might be worried that Nurie stayed home, untouched by the world, and is now getting married to a fundie royalty adjacent.  Mama's dream.

Meanwhile, Tim's...not doing well.  He's still the weird kid who keeps failing on his own out in the land of the heathens.

• Love 4