Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

16 minutes ago, peppergal said:

So... If Tim were to move to his in-laws location after the wedding, would that wipe his driving points clean, or do PA and OH have a reciprocal DL points system?

First, Tim would have to trade in his Ohio license for a Pennsylvania one.  However, bad news for Tim; when a driver changes the state in which he is licensed to drive, any points on the old license are transferred to the new license if the new state also uses the point system.  Pennsylvania, like Ohio, uses the point system; so he will still have them even if he gets a PA driver's license.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 12
  • LOL 6
8 hours ago, Dimi1 said:

these are  my thoughts exactly...this little Heidi could have a back bone and give Jill a run for her money....she could actually control tim.....we shall see....I am getting the popcorn...

I admire your optimism, but the poor girl doesn’t stand a chance against Tim’s batshit crazy POS mother who railroads anyone she comes in contact with.

• Like 8
  • Sad 9

As far as Timothy, or anyone, getting a license in Pennsylvania, as @Notabug said, points will follow him. What will also happen is, Pennsylvania will review the points and  increase them if the infraction carries more points according to the Pennsylvania point system. If he has an unpaid fine at the time in Ohio, and applies in Pennsylvania, his license will be suspended.

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 2
  • Useful 8
  • LOL 3
8 hours ago, ginger90 said:

BEGGING, Jill was BEGGING. 🤦‍♀️

If my mother said something like that, either in private or on SM, my feelings would be so hurt and I would feel so horrible about myself, that I would never recover from it.  That’s why I said that Jill is a sick POS.

• Like 10
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 4
34 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

As far as Timothy, or anyone, getting a license in Pennsylvania, as @Notabug said, points will follow him. What will also happen is, Pennsylvania will review the points and  increase them if the infraction carries more points according to the Pennsylvania point system. If he has an unpaid fine at the time in Ohio, and applies in Pennsylvania, his license will be suspended.

Did they say what part of Pennsylvania she was from?  I’m wondering if she is from one of the Amish areas (Lancaster or maybe closer to the Ohio border) and thinking about how many trips to the Shady Maple or a similar place JRod and Co could grift from the family. 

• Sad 2
38 minutes ago, StaceyNotStacie said:

Did they say what part of Pennsylvania she was from?  I’m wondering if she is from one of the Amish areas (Lancaster or maybe closer to the Ohio border) and thinking about how many trips to the Shady Maple or a similar place JRod and Co could grift from the family. 

I don’t think Jill has said, but I believe they may live in Levittown, or nearby.

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 1
7 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

I just picture Tim riding a bike everywhere.

Mahmo take a pitcher of me sitting on my bike!

Nah, his wifey can drive him everywhere. 

I feel sorry for her. 

2 hours ago, ChristmasCandy said:

Yes they do live in Levittown when I lived in Philly I had to go to my boss's house I passed their house.

How did you know it was theirs? 

• Like 4

I was just looking at the photos of the couple Heidi’s Mum posted.  One thing I noticed about Heidi is that she has long, thick, healthy looking hair.  Doesn’t seem to have had any processing at all.  I just hope “Best MIL Evah” keeps her grubby manicure off it.  And her eyebrows. And her wardrobe.  

I am praying to the Lord Daniel in the Laundromat to keep Jillpm out of Timmay’s ear, so she can’t persuade him that Heidi needs a “Mahmo Makeover”.  

• Like 6
  • LOL 6
1 hour ago, LavendarRose said:

I was just looking at the photos of the couple Heidi’s Mum posted.  One thing I noticed about Heidi is that she has long, thick, healthy looking hair.  Doesn’t seem to have had any processing at all.  I just hope “Best MIL Evah” keeps her grubby manicure off it.  And her eyebrows. And her wardrobe.  

I am praying to the Lord Daniel in the Laundromat to keep Jillpm out of Timmay’s ear, so she can’t persuade him that Heidi needs a “Mahmo Makeover”.  

I hope Jill leaves her eyebrows alone. I think she will as it is more of a rite of passage to courting for her daughters. 

• Like 7
15 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

If my mother said something like that, either in private or on SM, my feelings would be so hurt and I would feel so horrible about myself, that I would never recover from it.  That’s why I said that Jill is a sick POS.

I thought this same thing. Then I remembered that these kids have had no education whatsoever and would never realize what a horrible thing this was to say. He was probably begging right along with her.

• Sad 9
  • Applause 2

If Heidi ends up with sperm eyebrows and damaged hair, we'll know that Jill has taken ownership of the poor girl, the mark of the Jill. 

I hope they move to PA. That won't stop Jill, but at least Heidi will be out of striking distance when Jill gets an urge to play beautician in the barndo's print shop. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 5

The bible-thumpers I've known in real life have their kids "dedicated" as soon as possible, typically by three months old. I'm legit surprised that Nathan and Nurie waited so long (over a year!) to have their first kid dedicated, and they waited longer than usual to have the new one (haha) dedicated. 

• Like 10
  • Useful 4

I'm convinced that Timcel bought both the dress and the "pearls" at a thrift store; I'm also convinced that the dress is someone's "Handmaid's Tale" costume that got donated.  Timcel saw it, loved it, didn't care it was too big, and bought it.  I'm hoping this is not some serious foreshadowing of that girl's life, but I suspect it is.

• Like 7
  • Sad 17
28 minutes ago, Fosca said:

I'm convinced that Timcel bought both the dress and the "pearls" at a thrift store;

oh he 100% thrifted that.  and hit up Five Below for the Starbucks dupe tumbler.  If he spent $20, I'd be shocked.  With current thrift prices ridiculously high in some areas, he might have struggled to stay under that much.  

In regards to the bag of candy ... I just want to say that if anyone gave me a bag of candy as a gift for any occasion, I would be absolutely thrilled lol.  I don't even care what kind.  Wait yes I do.  Anyway.  Maybe it's her favorite, and it was actually something thoughtful from him.  I want to believe that because he's already such a sad sack that I want to find one good thing here. 

• Like 11
  • Useful 1
19 minutes ago, Fosca said:

I'm convinced that Timcel bought both the dress and the "pearls" at a thrift store; I'm also convinced that the dress is someone's "Handmaid's Tale" costume that got donated.  Timcel saw it, loved it, didn't care it was too big, and bought it.  I'm hoping this is not some serious foreshadowing of that girl's life, but I suspect it is.

I'm guessing the candy, water bottle, and coin purse came from the Dollar Store. The hug pillow looks like some Hobby Lobby thing. 

Tim has money for flying lessons, traffic fines, and meals out for Mahmo and DBD, but he's going cheap on his fiancee. It seems this would be the moment to show off a bit. And I have no words for that dress. 

Heidi had better not eat any of that candy, favorite or not. Tim surely wants his wife to be skeletal trim like his sisters. He'll probably monitor her weight like he will her clothes. 

As for Mahmo, has she posted her Valentine Day's gifts yet? Some of her best gift-givers are back in Ohio, so she may wait until she can collect from them. 

• Like 12
58 minutes ago, Fosca said:

Goodwill by me has "jewelry" in baggies. 

Thrift is fine if you can't afford better, but I would rather not get the dress or pearls! 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 10
3 hours ago, Heathen said:

The bible-thumpers I've known in real life have their kids "dedicated" as soon as possible, typically by three months old. 

What the hell is a baby dedication? I've never even heard of that.  It sounds like just another excuse to throw a low-rent party for themselves and celebrate their superior godliness.  Snert!

About Timmy and the bride elect (can we call her that yet?  Let's hold off ... it may still fall apart!).  I think it's going to be one or the other extreme ... either Timmy will in fact turn out to be the domineering monster so many of us fear or Little Heidi will turn the tables on his simpering ass (deep down I think he's a spineless weakling used to be controlled by his mother, so it's possible).  I'd say the odds are 70%-30% in Tim's favor.  Personally, I'd love to see Heidi leading him around by the nose, but for her own sake I hope she chews through her leash and escapes completely.  

Where the hell is her godless, pants-wearing sister to put a stop to all this?  

• Like 16
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

What the hell is a baby dedication? I've never even heard of that.  It sounds like just another excuse to throw a low-rent party for themselves and celebrate their superior godliness.  Snert!

About Timmy and the bride elect (can we call her that yet?  Let's hold off ... it may still fall apart!).  I think it's going to be one or the other extreme ... either Timmy will in fact turn out to be the domineering monster so many of us fear or Little Heidi will turn the tables on his simpering ass (deep down I think he's a spineless weakling used to be controlled by his mother, so it's possible).  I'd say the odds are 70%-30% in Tim's favor.  Personally, I'd love to see Heidi leading him around by the nose, but for her own sake I hope she chews through her leash and escapes completely.  

Where the hell is her godless, pants-wearing sister to put a stop to all this?  

It's fairly common in churches that don't do infant baptisms. A ceremony to acknowledge new babies in the congregation. The parents bring them up front, the parents declare they will raise the child in church, a prayer is said. I don't know if parties are generally thrown after. I was raised a heathen Catholic, where baptism parties are a thing.

• Like 11
  • Useful 1

Like I feel sorry for Heidi. Poor kid is not going to be happy being part of the Rodrigues family at all.  Living in a van and eating crumbs? Her parents hate her or something?

The only job she can get is selling plexus, make earrings or breed dogs. What a depressing life to look forward to.

Run girl run. 

And Jill Will probably make her perform daily at churches grifting tour. 

• Sad 10
  • Applause 1

I am beginning to wonder if Heidi is her family's version of Timothy and her mom has also been on her knees for years begging god to find her a godly mate.

Less years than jill has been begging for a "godly mate" for Timothy of course.

Jill was not really specific with god there, because what if god had actually sent a godly mate instead of a female? 😂

• Like 1
  • LOL 16
56 minutes ago, Turquoise said:

It's fairly common in churches that don't do infant baptisms. A ceremony to acknowledge new babies in the congregation. The parents bring them up front, the parents declare they will raise the child in church, a prayer is said. I don't know if parties are generally thrown after. I was raised a heathen Catholic, where baptism parties are a thing.

We had my son's at a restaurant/banquet hall. It is a big thing for us heathens. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
8 minutes ago, floridamom said:

As noted above, I would like to know just what JillR's husband gave her for Valentine's Day. What did she give David for VD Day? I'm surprised she hasn't posted about these things.

She gave DBD 2 chicken 🍗 in the shape of a heart ❤️

• LOL 8
1 minute ago, Snow Fairy said:

I don't know how fundieland works, but if Heidi wants to break it off, does she need her parents approval?

And can they break it off if they see abusive tendencies in him?

In Fundieland, the general rule is that, if a husband abuses his wife, it is her fault for doing things that make him have to assault her.  No, they will not break it off if they think he might be abusive; they may well congratulate themselves on having found such a strong godly man who understands he is the headship and she is subservient.

• Sad 26
26 minutes ago, Snow Fairy said:

I don't know how fundieland works, but if Heidi wants to break it off, does she need her parents approval?

And can they break it off if they see abusive tendencies in him?

She can break it off at any time, but she will be seen as damaged goods. He can break it off and he will be seen as a discerning man who listens when his god speaks.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 19
23 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Maybe Timmy will force Heidi to drive him around, being the headship and all

It might be a good idea considering his record, but what I've observed with these fundies on their videos is that when the headship is in the vehicle, he drives.  I noticed on Jill/Derick's long trip to Oregon he was always driving.  My parents used to always share the driving on long trips.

• Like 10
47 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

It might be a good idea considering his record, but what I've observed with these fundies on their videos is that when the headship is in the vehicle, he drives.  I noticed on Jill/Derick's long trip to Oregon he was always driving.  My parents used to always share the driving on long trips.

Yep, they are definitely the types who think men should do all the driving. 

• Like 6
On 2/14/2023 at 10:48 AM, crazy8s said:

Other things from the video - pizza place video shows sofia back in the corner of a booth and she seems to be sharing a plate with Janessa.

Renee and Samuel do a skit and Nurthan"s church where they play a married couple and he forgets valentine's day.

Older children "making memories" playing a card game at Nurthan's. Background - Sadie or Olivia making poptarts or something and repeatedly telling Janessa she needs to put whatever on a plate. Janessa comes up next to dave with said food, no plate and is doted on as usual.

Sadie and Sofia shivering at the beach. I don't think they brought towels. Samuel "built" his own wake board that seems to be a thin sheet of balsa or cardboard🙄

I did laugh at the circus type music Jill has when David is shown preaching.

Questions:

Is it me or is the piano music Hello, by Lionel Richie?

Is 1992 goatee the new fundie approved facial hair?

Is there something preventing Nurthan from carrying their own   offspring instead of little Tessie having to lug him up a set of stone steps with a sling on as if she’s his parent?

The flag shirt. Why?

Bonus: skip to 31:40 for a real sexy treat. You’re going to thank me.

• Like 8

I remember reading somewhere that for the ILB families, the girls are the only ones who are allowed to break off a courtship (see several Bates boys and Josiah at the time of FF scandal 1). I don't know if the same rules go for the Rods. I'm also not sure what that does to the girl's reputation, but I believe many have gone on to bigger and brighter things. I think Josiah's ex went to college and published some sort of devotional book. 

All this is a long winded way of saying, Run!

Edited by satrunrose
  • Like 13
  • LOL 2