Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Just now, LilJen said:

Vacation? Or between jobs?? Bets on how long he drove without sleep? ☹️

Tim says he's been working 90-100 hours a week before mowing season begins. I'm curious what he's doing--other than exaggerating. Anyway, the Rods seem to take  vacations when they want, so I guess BME is teaching him how it works. 

We mere mortals consider a vacation a welcome break from jobs or other pressing responsibilities. The Rods consider it a regular activity. 

Still, it's nice he was able to spend time with Nurie and her family without BME there to plan and direct everything.  

• Love 14
19 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Still, it's nice he was able to spend time with Nurie and her family without BME there to plan and direct everything.  

Oh please. BME was STILL planning an directing everything from afar. Those kids are never without BME’s direction.

• Love 6
35 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Tim says he's been working 90-100 hours a week before mowing season begins. I'm curious what he's doing--other than exaggerating. Anyway, the Rods seem to take  vacations when they want, so I guess BME is teaching him how it works.  

I’m completely confused about the working 90-100 hours a week before mowing season. Why? Because he doesn’t earn enough during mowing season so has to sock it away now? Does he understand that’s not the flex he thinks it is?

• Love 12
1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I wonder what car Nurthan drove to Pensacola and, in totally the opposite direction, Cape Canaveral? His truck didn't look drivable.

Nathan bought a sedan for Nurie shortly after they married. BME made it a point to humble brag on SM. In a sedan there’s no excuse for Nemo not to be in an appropriately installed carseat.

• Love 13

There was a pic of New Pastor Nathan Keller next to an Anchor Baptist Church sign. There are several Anchor Baptist churches in Florida. Anyone know which one it is? Crazy coincidence - my brother-in-law used to be a youth pastor at an Anchor church on the gulf coast side. Wouldn't it be crazy if it was the same church (he is now in Columbia SC, though).

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, skatelady said:

There was a pic of New Pastor Nathan Keller next to an Anchor Baptist Church sign. There are several Anchor Baptist churches in Florida. Anyone know which one it is? Crazy coincidence - my brother-in-law used to be a youth pastor at an Anchor church on the gulf coast side. Wouldn't it be crazy if it was the same church (he is now in Columbia SC, though).

I forget the town, but it's about 30 minutes from Interlachen.

1 hour ago, irisheyes said:

They went to the Kennedy Space Center?  Science means nothing to them, so why go?

On a related note, have they ever been to the Creation Museum or Ark Encounter?  Lots of little IFB churches down that way. 

I think they've been BY the Creation Museum/Ark Encounter, but unless Jill could grift hundreds of dollars in tickets, it's out of their price range.

• LOL 8
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I think they've been BY the Creation Museum/Ark Encounter, but unless Jill could grift hundreds of dollars in tickets, it's out of their price range.

I agree it was probably a drive by. Jill included it in a blog post in 2017. their travels took them to AR, KY, IA MO, MN . they went to the Duggar church, Mall of America (twice) and the Ark Encounter. A bunch of pics of random rod's posed with duggars and Caldwells, several pics at Mall of America and 0 pics of the Ark Encounter. 

"God is SO good to us in allowing us to enjoy family moments as we travel.  We have visited the “ARK ENCOUNTER” , Mall of America, 2 different Bible Colleges we were checking out for Timothy, enjoyed the lakes in Minnesota at 2 different VERY hospitable people’s homes that lived RIGHT on the beautiful lakes, etc. etc.  We work, but then, God gives us a day off (now and then) to just enjoy His creation and each other."

you have to scroll past the plexus and ladies retreat stuff to get to it. but damn the more of the old stuff I read, the more insane i think she is. she certainly has changed her opinion on the duggars and those other TV families.

https://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/?p=3289

https://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/?p=3323

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

3 hours ago, crazy8s said:

I agree it was probably a drive by. Jill included it in a blog post in 2017. their travels took them to AR, KY, IA MO, MN . they went to the Duggar church, Mall of America (twice) and the Ark Encounter. A bunch of pics of random rod's posed with duggars and Caldwells, several pics at Mall of America and 0 pics of the Ark Encounter. 

"God is SO good to us in allowing us to enjoy family moments as we travel.  We have visited the “ARK ENCOUNTER” , Mall of America, 2 different Bible Colleges we were checking out for Timothy, enjoyed the lakes in Minnesota at 2 different VERY hospitable people’s homes that lived RIGHT on the beautiful lakes, etc. etc.  We work, but then, God gives us a day off (now and then) to just enjoy His creation and each other."

you have to scroll past the plexus and ladies retreat stuff to get to it. but damn the more of the old stuff I read, the more insane i think she is. she certainly has changed her opinion on the duggars and those other TV families.

https://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/?p=3289

https://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/?p=3323

Yes, Jill. God has so little on his plate he can focus on making sure a pair of grifters and their unsocialized offspring have time to sight see while traveling the country to sing for their supper. 🙄

3 hours ago, crazy8s said:

We work, but then, God gives us a day off (now and then) to just enjoy His creation and each other."

Bitch, your existence is a day off. 🤦‍♀️

Edited by Picture It. Sicily
  • LOL 11
  • Love 8

Esther Bates has an IG story of what appears to be their honeymoon. The best part was the very modest shot of them in a sudsy bathtub. No improper flesh showing, and I usually would not comment. It’s the hypocrisy about modesty. 

• Love 12
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Jackson Bates had a major transformation in about 5 weeks time. First pic is mid January, second one beginning of December.

Amazing what a bit of make-up and mousse will do for ya. 

• LOL 18
  • Love 3

Pastor Vinny Sawyer has a very nice home. The Rods were invited for dinner on a previous visit. Jill was gushing about the house and hoping to stay longer--like overnight--but everyone was rushed back to the church for an evening service. The Sawyers timed everything well. 

Timbot's jobs can't be too important if he can just take off for a grifting tour. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 15
45 minutes ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

I haven't seen anything recently about the young man who was courting one of the oldest Rodriguez girls. Any updates? 

30 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Nope Not a peep 

And isn't that interesting? Jonathan is from Mississippi, isn't he? Would it be a big detour for the Rods to drop by and see Jonathan's family on their way to or from Florida? Hmm. 

If a fairly normal mother goes silent on SM about her daughter's boyfriend/courtship after flooding her feed with photos of the happy couple like crazy? I *might* think the daughter told mom to back off and give them some space, and she complied. But this is JillR, and *everything* is ALL about HER. So I think there's another reason and it's possibly that Jonathan has backed away. Or someone managed to get Jill to STFU about the relationship, which if it happened might be a recorded 21st century official miracle. 

ETA: it's possible they did visit with Jonathan on the recent trip and she's just about to drop a load of stuff about it on SM. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 12

Chickzilla’s contribution to Jesause 

1. Killing a million trees for smiley tracks. Leading Daniel from laundromat to Jesause. 

2. Humping HUNK a million times to add 13 malnourished souls to Jesause’s army.

3. say what? I don’t sacrifice anything!

4B02D02A-1996-4DE8-9A6F-D08565BAC858.jpeg

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

JillR is a lying liar who posts stuff on a wanky timeline so who knows what’s up with Jonathan. Really doubt BME is showing restraint but maybe she is so excited about seeing Nemo she is bypassing Mississippi visit.

• Love 8
29 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Chickzilla’s contribution to Jesause 

1. Killing a million trees for smiley tracks. Leading Daniel from laundromat to Jesause. 

2. Humping HUNK a million times to add 13 malnourished souls to Jesause’s army.

3. say what? I don’t sacrifice anything!

4B02D02A-1996-4DE8-9A6F-D08565BAC858.jpeg

Too bad she’s never done any works for anyone. But she should send this to Jinjer. 

• Love 9

the Mississippi church where Jonathon's dad is pastor shows no Rod visit scheduled for either Feb or March. Possibly they are lax on filling in the calendar for the website. The weekly bulletins do show Jonathon and his brother have been preaching once a month. so it would seem Jonathon has not yet moved to that apartment and job in ohio that Jill set up and bragged about months ago.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 14
  • Love 1

A Reddit poster says that Jonathan's aunt left a positive message on Kaylee's Etsy shop. If so, Jon and Kaylee are probably still together.

I hope somebody made Jill keep quiet. Motormouth would wreck another relationship if left to her own devices. 

1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

The weekly bulletins do show Jonathon and his brother have been preaching once a month. so it would seem Jonathon has not yet moved to that apartment and job in ohio that Jill set up and bragged about months ago.

Jill lied about the job and the apartment. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 8