Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

You guys with your POSTS about Jill R. I'm a sucker, I have to go there every dang time, and they are NAUSEATING. I think,min videos when she's speaking directly to the camera, she purposes to sound EXACTLY like Mechelle. Really??? Is that a bar to set your sites on???

My personal favorite was the one she filmed in her bathroom. :-)

• Love 2

I feel bad for the sister. Quadriplegic, with THAT as some of your only help in this world. I don't want the R's to get a show. That's rewarding bad, stupid, and abusive behavior - just like with the Duggars. I wish they'd sit still long enough for some state's CPS to bust their asses.

• Love 6

Looks like the bridesmaids dresses alternated between Dreaming in Vintage and the long, blush version of A Night in Paris. Erin and Alyssa's dresses both look too big. The short version with the ribbon belt isn't so bad. None of these are a great choice for Kelly Bates.

Would it be ~scandalous in their circle if Marjorie entered a courtship with a Bates brother at some point? They've already had a broken courtship in their family so I don't think that would be a huge obstacle, but a broken courtship with a Duggar is something else.

Edited by Dejana
  • Love 2

Can someone link a pic of the Michael/Brandon wedding party? I can't find one and I am so curious.

I haven't seen one either. Most of the pictures have been from instagram. Hopefully they will release a picture of the whole wedding party soon. Wonder if they sold the pictures to a rag?

• Love 2

I'm certainly no fashion expert (she says, while wearing a Savannah shirt that proclaims "PADDLE FASTER, I HEAR BANJO MUSIC!") but I'm not hating the tiered dresses.  Could have easily been altered to be more flattering, but they aren't AWFUL.  I'm not digging the taupe for an August wedding, or the length for an afternoon wedding.  Still, there's some attention to detail and an attempt to have an attractive dress that completely escaped Jill.  Jill's dresses were just a train wreck.  Sad, ugly, homespun train wreck. 

I wonder if Michael did the whole "meet and greet" with her groom before the wedding like the Duggar girls did.  I was oddly disappointed in that mess - I just wanted them to show a little maturity and let the excitement build.  I thought it was silly.  I know lots of about-to-weds meet beforehand for pics so it doesn't take so much time after the ceremony while people are waiting.  I just wish they wouldn't.  I wish that first sight moment would be exactly that:  the first sight moment.  But that's just me, and I'm old.

• Love 4

There's a blog post from Jill R a few months back where she went to IHOP and after peeing there was an MTF woman there...although the way she ranted about it made it sound like she just went face to face with RuPaul in full glory. Anyways, the blog is just horrendous, she's terrified and crying and runs to David who goes to the manager and demands that they fix the "man" in the bathroom situation and when the manager refuses (!), they immediately find the nearest police officer to see if they can arrest the poor woman.

Before I vomited from the grossness of the whole thing, I saw that she had posted this on her Facebook and there were dozens of comments all yelling at her about how unchristlike she handled it and how she shouldn't have called the police but have helped and supported "him".

Truly an insight though, on how these people think. Love the sin, hate the sinner...until you try to throw them in jail for daring to pee.

• Love 11

I'm certainly no fashion expert (she says, while wearing a Savannah shirt that proclaims "PADDLE FASTER, I HEAR BANJO MUSIC!") but I'm not hating the tiered dresses.  Could have easily been altered to be more flattering, but they aren't AWFUL.  I'm not digging the taupe for an August wedding, or the length for an afternoon wedding.  Still, there's some attention to detail and an attempt to have an attractive dress that completely escaped Jill.  Jill's dresses were just a train wreck.  Sad, ugly, homespun train wreck. 

I wonder if Michael did the whole "meet and greet" with her groom before the wedding like the Duggar girls did.  I was oddly disappointed in that mess - I just wanted them to show a little maturity and let the excitement build.  I thought it was silly.  I know lots of about-to-weds meet beforehand for pics so it doesn't take so much time after the ceremony while people are waiting.  I just wish they wouldn't.  I wish that first sight moment would be exactly that:  the first sight moment.  But that's just me, and I'm old.

Happy, I NEED THAT SHIRT.  My brother is a banjo player.  Enough said.

Edited by latetotheparty
  • Love 1

Happy, I NEED THAT SHIRT.  My brother is a banjo player.  Enough said.

We take an annual trip to Tybee Island off the Georgia coast.  We eat shrimp by the megapounds, we fish and fish and take pics of porpoises jumping 5 feet behind the boat (one almost jumped IN the boat once and I acted like a CELEBRITY had almost jumped in - I swear, I went into my open mouth enormous GASP and couldn't breathe or talk for a full minute!!!  I was SOOOOOOO excited!!!  I could have touched that fish on the HEAD!!!  I squealed, "DID YOU SEEEEEEEEEEE THAT?????"  and my husband, who is the king of understatement cocked his head and lifted that one eyebrow...).  And we go to Savannah at night (Friday nights are the best) for street parties.  OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH, it's the most fun!!!  I just LOVE interacting with total strangers.  WHAT FUN!!!  Anyway (on the subject), in Savannah, on River Street, is a store called "Bob's My Uncle" and they DO have the "Bob" t-shirts.  But downstairs, on a whole entire wall, are the most hysterical shirts you've ever seen.  I make a b-line to that store every time (well, it's my second stop after Wet Willie's for my traditional Chocolate Thunder headache - mmmmmmmmm, chocolate fudgesickle in a cup...with liquor...).   That's where I get my best t's from.  The ones that people notice and comment on in public.  one that ALWAYS gets comments: "my mommy says I'm special".  And another that is two stick people.  One of the stick people is holding a stick in his hand.  The other is missing his "back" stick.  The caption says "I got your back".  EVERYBODY notices that silly shirt.  We're going late September this year, maybe I'll take some pics for yall.  Can't WAIT!!!!!

LATE:  I'd be happy to pick you up one while I'm there, or can tell you how to order one.  They ship.

• Love 2

I really don't care what they wear.  If Michael liked them, well, it's HER wedding.  I like neutral tones so the beige and blush worked for me.  When I think of some of the gowns I've seen on Say Yes to the Dress...IMO they were ghastly, but the brides to be loved them and that's all that mattered.  When my daughter went shopping for her wedding gown I vowed to myself to keep my mouth shut.  I adored the first one she tried on.  Then she tried on about 6 more at the urging of her bridesmaids.  One I really disliked but I kept telling her, "It's YOUR wedding.  Buy whatever makes you happy."  She went with the first one.  I did a mental happy dance.  I do like the vogue of bridesmaids wearing the same color but different styles.  Then perhaps the girls can  select a more flattering style for themselves.

I find it hard to snark about the Bates because in every recent episode Kelly has been carrying around one of her  grandchildren and looking happy and comfortable doing so.  Have we EVER seen that with Michelle (back muscle or not she could sit down with them on her lap).

Edited by Ilovemylabs
  • Love 5

Yes, tabloidlover, they close on a house tomorrow, but have spent the past few months avoiding CPS in that motorhome.

Also, here's Erin in the tiered bridesmaid dress. If you make her frumpy, you have failed, big time!

https://instagram.com/p/6coje-FUNZ/

What's with the epaulettes on the shoulder? That dress is too hot, busy, and layered for August. Lucky people got the simple pink ones. 

OK. How and where did the Rodrigueses get a house? On what income. David?

• Love 2

Here's one of shot of Erin, Michel, Brandon, and I think Jana during the ceremony to show the two types of dresses. 

https://instagram.com/p/6dRMz0k1La/?taken-by=marjoriejackson17

It looks as though there are 3 colors - Taupe, clay and pink.

What's with the epaulettes on the shoulder? That dress is too hot, busy, and layered for August. Lucky people got the simple pink ones. 

OK. How and where did the Rodrigueses get a house? On what income. David?

I think that is Erin's hair.

And I was wondering the same thing about the Rodrigues. I guess God saw fit to provide them with a house.

• Love 2

Yes, tabloidlover, they close on a house tomorrow, but have spent the past few months avoiding CPS in that motorhome.

Also, here's Erin in the tiered bridesmaid dress. If you make her frumpy, you have failed, big time!

https://instagram.com/p/6coje-FUNZ/

I mentioned that they got a house. Jill was desperate to find one. My question is do they need everything to fill that house or did they keep their stuff in storage?

• Love 1

I'm hating that long stringy hair. Really hating it.

Michael's hair looked horrible, it was frizzy and greasy at the same time. With the summertime humidity she would have been better off doing a sleek, simple updo. These girls get married in hairstyles you see them in every day. You'd think they'd want to be a little more upscale for their weddings.

• Love 2

I mentioned that they got a house. Jill was desperate to find one. My question is do they need everything to fill that house or did they keep their stuff in storage?

Maybe they will register at Macy's for their Housewarming party.

• Love 4

It looks as though there are 3 colors - Taupe, clay and pink.

I think that is Erin's hair.

I was about to mention it's just her (bleached, admit it Erin) hair.

As for the dresses, it's not just the color that alternates, Erin and Kelly's dress is only lace every other tier.

• Love 1

Thank you FuzzySox for keeping us up to date with the Rodrigues family. They are Duggars 1.0. I can't get enough of these naive but ambitious people. I'm happy the kids got out of that RV. I wonder if the baby cage will go into the new house. 

I'm not sure they ever had anything to store. 

• Love 3

She has an interesting accent. She was all about "baylance" in her 45 minute makeup video.

She seems a bit clueless. Listen for the "oh my God" within the first 5 seconds. This is something she uploaded herself. http://youtu.be/Rj2ETxTuTy0

My ears are bleeding!  OMG  I am going to send you my bill for the ER visit.  ;)

Isn't Michelle wearing a maternity top? I'm supposing it isn't, but it looks like one. 

Looks maternity to me as well.  Say it isn't so!  

• Love 3
FreeJinger has a couple other favorites, Zsuzsanna "Zsucifer" Anderson a snotty woman who has a blog about weight loss and how everyone but her is a reprobate

I just checked this one out and, wow, she's crazier than Michelle Duggar, Jill Rodrigues and Teri Maxwell all rolled into one. And under all that Jesus stuff, she sound like one of the meanest, ugliest people on Earth.

Isn't Michelle wearing a maternity top?

Maybe she's finally gone off the deep end and is having a phantom pregnancy. I'm only half-kidding here.

Edited by Albanyguy
  • Love 3

There's a blog post from Jill R a few months back where she went to IHOP and after peeing there was an MTF woman there...although the way she ranted about it made it sound like she just went face to face with RuPaul in full glory. Anyways, the blog is just horrendous, she's terrified and crying and runs to David who goes to the manager and demands that they fix the "man" in the bathroom situation and when the manager refuses (!), they immediately find the nearest police officer to see if they can arrest the poor woman.

Before I vomited from the grossness of the whole thing, I saw that she had posted this on her Facebook and there were dozens of comments all yelling at her about how unchristlike she handled it and how she shouldn't have called the police but have helped and supported "him".

Truly an insight though, on how these people think. Love the sin, hate the sinner...until you try to throw them in jail for daring to pee.

I bet Jill R was wearing more makeup. MTF should've complained about a streetwalker loitering in the bathroom.
  • Love 7

I just checked this one out and, wow, she's crazier than Michelle Duggar, Jill Rodrigues and Teri Maxwell all rolled into one. And under all that Jesus stuff, she sound like one of the meanest, ugliest people on Earth.

Maybe she's finally gone off the deep end and is having a phantom pregnancy. I'm only half-kidding here.

Or maybe MEchelle paid a little visit to a fertility doctor to help her have miracle #20. You know Boob would be all over the chance to have just one more because maybe just maybe they might get  their gravytrain teeeveeeee show back errrr I mean ministry.

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Love 2

My ears are bleeding!  OMG  I am going to send you my bill for the ER visit.  ;)

My good lord! Why do I venture away from the Smalltalk and Media threads? There should be a "pitch" monitor for YouTube videos. Like the thing you have to blow into to prove you are sober enough to drive before your car will start. There is nothing about this video that is music. Cats awailing in heat is a more apt description.

• Love 3

My good lord! Why do I venture away from the Smalltalk and Media threads? There should be a "pitch" monitor for YouTube videos. Like the thing you have to blow into to prove you are sober enough to drive before your car will start. There is nothing about this video that is music. Cats awailing in heat is a more apt description.

I listened for 5 seconds. I didn't want to have to explain when my husband inevitably yelled in from the other room, "WTF is that?"

• Love 4

Here's hoping Michelle just pulled one of her 'fancier' maternity tops out of the closet (because you know she hasn't thrown them away), thinking why buy something new for the wedding, when she can just wear something she already owns.

• Love 1

In her defence, Michelle's clothes are at least cheap, right? Her kids clothes became much better, and I assume pricier. Michelle outfits are consistent like a cartoon character. I'm thinking she saw a clearance on those puffy sleeve shirts and bought every last one, most were green, some were blue. That supply will last her until she dies.

• Love 4

There's a blog post from Jill R a few months back where she went to IHOP and after peeing there was an MTF woman there..

Does it seem improbable to anyone else that she just happened to bump into someone she managed to identify as a trans woman - whose scary, scary presence the local business owner and the cops refused to protect her from - in the bathroom of IHOP? And that it by some astonishing coincidence happened right at about the time that the Duggars were bleating about the godless liberals threatening their show because Michelle tried to warn america about the dire threat of women not being protected from trans women in public rest rooms?

Edited by Julia
  • Love 8

She looks like an extra from the set of 'Trailer Park Boys' with that ridiculous hair and make up. What is it with fundies and the 80's style?

The 80s style makes perfect sense to me. Today's fundie Moms - or at least the ones there's documentation about [Me-Chelle, Kelly Bates etc] were teens and 20-somethings in the 80s. They're fixating on their own era. I mean, they're fundie - isn't fixating in the rule book? I was a 70s girl. I'd be wearing hot pants and Dr Scholls sandals right now. And getting my hair cut like Dorothy Hamill or Farrah Fawcett? :>)

Edited by Wellfleet
  • Love 4

Does it seem improbable to anyone else that she just happened to bump into someone she managed to identify as a trans woman - whose scary, scary presence the local business owner and the cops refused to protect her from - in the bathroom of IHOP? And that it by some astonishing coincidence happened right at about the time that the Duggars were bleating about the godless liberals threatening their show because Michelle tried to warn america about the dire threat of women not being protected from trans women in public rest rooms?

Exactly. How would she know? All of the women's rooms I've ever seen have had individual stalls. So what transpired? I can't imagine that she would strike up a conversation at the sinks for the purpose of inquiring about a person's sexual identity. "Excuse me, dear, I can't help but notice that you're tall and broad-shouldered ...".
  • Love 9

Poor Jill R she sure has a lot to live up to.  RIP Tammy. Here's a clip just to remind everyone how much of a glamour queen Tammy was as well as one hell of a singer. Notice her hair---to die for!!!! LOL

• Love 2

I saw that frozen/paused image and I was so afraid I just backed away.

Thanks to all who took the hit.

• Love 4

I saw that frozen/paused image and I was so afraid I just backed away.

Thanks to all who took the hit.

it's worth watching the first 5 seconds just to hear the shocked "oh my god" when Jill announce she's preggo with #12.

I listened to a bit of the song to see if that chime thing made a disneyesque "fairy dust settling" sound I thought it might, but I couldn't make it through.

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 2

Exactly. How would she know? All of the women's rooms I've ever seen have had individual stalls. So what transpired? I can't imagine that she would strike up a conversation at the sinks for the purpose of inquiring about a person's sexual identity. "Excuse me, dear, I can't help but notice that you're tall and broad-shouldered ...".

Apparently she was washing her hands at the same time or something.

I find it fairly made up too, she claims the cop she went to was sympathetic and told them they had tons of complaints about the same issue but their hands were tied???

• Love 3

I was a little impressed with the youngest girl belting out the descant. I mean, she didn't quite have it, pitch-wise, but she was very calm and her timing was perfect.

Even her pitch was pretty darn good for her age, I'd say. Honestly, I can't hate on this kind of stuff too much...even though the religiosity gets on my last nerve, the sound of a family singing together warms whatever cockles remain in my crotchety old heart. My parents were never particularly musical, but they did enjoy singing a bit of Polish folk music and Polish scouting campfire songs, sometimes even with a note or two of harmony thrown in, and singing, to this day, gives me wings like almost nothing else on earth. As an only child, I always dreamed of having a family and actually singing songs with harmonies and maybe a couple of instruments (I played piano for about 12 years, but don't do that much anymore either). I always imagined myself married to a guy whose idea of joy was singing folk songs around the fire at night...but as things turned out I married a nuclear engineer in the Navy who never has and never will sing a note because he doesn't think he is good at it, and refuses to even attempt anything he doesn't feel he will excel in. And even though the youngest of my 3 kids is, in fact, extremely musical, he has picked up this sort of built-in family antipathy toward singing, and I barely sing myself anymore either. Even when the kids were young, and my parents would like to do things like continue the family tradition of singing some Christmas carols around the tree on Christmas Eve, my husband and kids zipped up their lips and got grumpy to the point of putting a damper on the entire evening if the idea of singing was raised. So we just don't. My younger son does have a tendency to make music in some way or another all the time (he can play the flight of the bumblebee by tapping it on his cheeks and having it echo out of his mouth, or do a pretty darn impressive Rachmaninoff all in tongue clicks, or whistle the Queen of the Night aria), and will, very occasionally, challenge me to a duel to see who can hit the higher notes (he usually wins), but he doesn't actually sing with me either.

So hearing a family actually doing something like this, even if it's pretty piss-poor in the major scheme of things, will still bring tears to my eyes.

• Love 4

Dillards were flown in by JD to see Izzy, but also apparently crash the wedding. Plane records show it flew to TN on Friday, back today. I base this on the fact that they do not know Michael Bates...they haven't been to TN, nor has Michael been to AR since the Dillards hit the scene. I wonder how many other people just bring people along to fundie weddings? I now see how they really don't know how many will actually show up; it's practically gypsy-esque. 

https://instagram.com/p/6dxG2EnSxk/?taken-by=justdand

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1

Dillards were flown in by JD to see Izzy, but also apparently crash the wedding. Plane records show it flew to TN on Friday, back today. I base this on the fact that they do not know Michael Bates...they haven't been to TN, nor has Michael been to AR since the Dillards hit the scene. I wonder how many other people just bring people along to fundie weddings? I now see how they really don't know how many will actually show up; it's practically gypsy-esque.

https://instagram.com/p/6dxG2EnSxk/?taken-by=justdand

Well the stated reason was so Dan and Cathy could see wedding attendee Izzy while he was in the country. They may not even have attended the wedding itself, but the history of these Fundy weddings suggests practically anyone who shows up can attend. If permission was sought from the Bateses, I think they'd say it's not a problem. I don't have the highest expectations of Duggars and Bates, but I don't think they're prone to bridezilla "super sweet 16" type behavior.
  • Love 1

What a sad little cake. And the brown doesn't look like branches. It's just...sad.

https://instagram.com/p/6dkrjuwRDC/

The Pinterest Table (I think that's a requirement these days).

https://instagram.com/p/6dk5VKQRDe/

Is that a Mickey Mouse doll on top of that one cake? And the ones on the table are supposed to resemble cross section slices of a tree trunk?

Was there anyone who took photos of this wedding who was competent with a camera? I've seen blurry shots, overexposed shots, shots where everyone has green skin etc.

• Love 4