Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

I think you are right, @libgirl2. Divorce is out of the question for her and I think DBD is a huge disappointment to her. She sees the years ahead, the children growing up and moving on and she's stuck with just Dave for company. A woman can only take so much sweet grunting! She's probably having hot flashes and irregular periods. There's not likely to be any more babies. On top of everything else, people are getting wise to her tricky ways and her oldest son is cleaving to his fiance's family. She's miserable!

• Like 21
41 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

I think you are right, @libgirl2. Divorce is out of the question for her and I think DBD is a huge disappointment to her. She sees the years ahead, the children growing up and moving on and she's stuck with just Dave for company. A woman can only take so much sweet grunting! She's probably having hot flashes and irregular periods. There's not likely to be any more babies. On top of everything else, people are getting wise to her tricky ways and her oldest son is cleaving to his fiance's family. She's miserable!

There is probably a lot of jealousy as she sees the kids moving on having families.... I think that is why she wants another baby, she is being "left behind " . 

And I think she thought she could be a celebrity ala the Duggars and that hasn't panned out. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 12
  • LOL 1

There is no way, no how, living a life as a grifter isn't stressful, no matter how special one is to God. Their home is likely so tense you could cut it with a knife. I'm guessing the kids do what they're told to do then scurry off and hide in their rooms like scared puppies.

• Like 10
  • Sad 6
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

nm

I don't think Jill is a happy person. I think all her craziness hides someone who is unhappy with her life. 

I think she was relatively okay with her life until she was publicly shown there were other grifting families out there doing it much, much better than hers has been. No, they all can't have their own TV shows, but just what we've seen from the random  Duggar and Bates marriages, there's plenty of families out there living similar lives and they aren't living in trailers or begging for food, children looking obviously unhealthy. Plus, you can see she so very desperately wants to be in the right fundy circles, but they won't let her in their "cool kid" club, no matter what she does or who she meets. 

• Like 17
  • Useful 2

I know I'm very late to the discussion, but the phrasing of this invite is bugging me. Why does the original say you've earned a chance for a spot? Were there too many people who qualified and not everyone got to go? Did Jill really earn a spot or just a chance at a spot?

image.png.ac19a4eb07ffe6f258b89c3cfa1f5e71.png

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 5

The date was stated/leaked on reddit from someone who worked in the dress shop where Heidi was trying on dresses. 

Person claimed to know the family. Included pics without Heidi's knowledge.

It was all deleted shortly after.

• Like 4
  • Useful 9

BME, best designer ever, didn’t even check to make sure she matched the black background when the covered “chance at a” in the original invite.  She didn’t win anything but the CHANCE to go. And her name wasn’t picked.  She was healthy enough to screech her way across WVA but too sick to go on a WONDERFUL !!! cruise.  Sure, Jill. 

IMG_9390.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 3
11 hours ago, awaken said:

As someone who was neglected in childhood, and still has their security rag (in my 50’s), I hope they DON’T throw it in the trash. It’s likely all this poor child has to cling to. 

I am truly so sorry.  The reason why I’m so against Janessa having it is because I think she keeps it with her at all times because she enjoys being treated like a baby, not because she’s being neglected or treated badly.  I suspect that Janessa is treated better than any other Rodrigues offspring.  Jill needs to stop the insanity and let Janessa grow up.

Edited by farmgal4
  • Like 7
11 hours ago, awaken said:

As someone who was neglected in childhood, and still has their security rag (in my 50’s), I hope they DON’T throw it in the trash. It’s likely all this poor child has to cling to. 

Agreed.   Taking away her security blanket will only cause more trauma.    If she is still clinging to it, she NEEDS it.    Don't punish the kid because the parents are bat guano crazy.

ETA:    Even if Momma is invested in keeping her a baby and she appreciates the attention, having a security blanket is not a sign of the child wanting to stay a baby.    There are other ways to do it.   But taking the blankie away is not the solution.   

Edited by merylinkid
  • Like 6
  • Applause 8
15 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

And soon Rene will have sperm eyebrows like Nuri 

I don’t think Jill is as invested in Renee as she was Nurie and Kaylee.  Renee may be able to avoid the curse of the sperm brows.

• Like 6
19 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Jill is sad because her husband is lazy and refuses to work to support his family. Begging for $ and selling plexus is not enough to properly support everyone.

Jill probably has some very deep-seated cognitive dissonance every single waking moment of her life - she's married to a grunting map-watching hunk who seems to be convinced that printing worthless tracts and recycling a sermon once in awhile for free food is "making a living" worthy of Jill and their posse of warbling props.  And she potentially knows how messed up this is, but has to constantly maintain this image of having the best husband who ever husbanded, with all these marvelous classy dinners and vacations, and every utterance out of Hunk's face is worthy of a breathless adoring social media post in order to keep up her perceived appearances.  It's probably never going to occur to her that if Big Daddy would just go out and get a good paying 8 - 5 job, her life would not have to be as hard as it is right now, because she's so deeply invested in her pretend fantasy life of having such a wonderful adoring husband and such loving, worshipful kids.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 16
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

I am so truly sorry.  The reason why I’m so against Janessa having it is because I think she keeps it with her at all times because she enjoys being treated like a baby, not because she’s being neglected or treated badly.  I suspect that Janessa is treated better than any other Rodrigues offspring.  Jill needs to stop the insanity and let Janessa grow up.

Jill may treat her better but I think that home is still a very stressful place. I do not begrudge a child something that comforts them.

• Like 13
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, crazy8s said:

The date was stated/leaked on reddit from someone who worked in the dress shop where Heidi was trying on dresses. 

to add - I hope the person was fired for doing this.

It seemed very invasive to post a customer in a bridal shop with her mom and siblings when they would assume they were doing so like any other person who would not have the deets posted on reddit. With dates, pics and a description of the gown picked and planned alterations.

Then there was the disclaimer "don't tell Ellen or she will kill me" or something like that.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 4
  • Mind Blown 4
  • Applause 7
31 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

I am sure the reason she can't ( maybe) have more children is her age.

Also I am pretty sure David checked out of bedroom activities awhile ago.   

30 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

t's probably never going to occur to her that if Big Daddy would just go out and get a good paying 8 - 5 job, her life would not have to be as hard as it

She hated it when he left her every day to go to work.   Because he was off doing something without her and had something other than her to focus on.   She doesn't want him to get a job that doesn't involve her.   But I bet she wishes she did have someone as invested in working the grift as she is.   He just seems to coast on her work.   

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Ahhh, I didn’t realize it was from that long ago. I know the employee took pictures, guess I missed the date being given too.

• Useful 5
2 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I am truly so sorry.  The reason why I’m so against Janessa having it is because I think she keeps it with her at all times because she enjoys being treated like a baby, not because she’s being neglected or treated badly.  I suspect that Janessa is treated better than any other Rodrigues offspring.  Jill needs to stop the insanity and let Janessa grow up.

I still believe that Janessa has some delays that are not being treated.  Jill announced that Janessa had had a stroke in utero before birth, and she was missing part of her corpus callosum, but that she had been "cured" through prayer.  I think Jill can't be bothered to follow through on any issues because she wants "a baby", and is sticking with the "God is good" idea.  Janessa's issues are not severe or obvious enough for a grift, so they are being ignored.  We really don't know how she functions in daily life.

• Like 8
  • Sad 8
On 11/3/2023 at 12:22 PM, Teriacky said:

My birthday was two days ago and I forgot to post a tribute to myself. 
I didn’t even send me a card…

I am way ahead of ya...I told my husband "you got me a christmas present today and it will be arriving in the mail soon" he said " what did I get you" I said, " a new ninja pot all in one cooker" -- He said " good choice , the old one was showing some wear"...lol...I haven't told him yet about the sephora haul, the new Doc martens shoes or the fancy chocolates...and its only the first week of Now...but alas...I didn't post any of it online..so only me, hubby and now you guys know....

• LOL 24
20 minutes ago, Dimi1 said:

I am way ahead of ya...I told my husband "you got me a christmas present today and it will be arriving in the mail soon" he said " what did I get you" I said, " a new ninja pot all in one cooker" -- He said " good choice , the old one was showing some wear"...lol...I haven't told him yet about the sephora haul, the new Doc martens shoes or the fancy chocolates...and its only the first week of Now...but alas...I didn't post any of it online..so only me, hubby and now you guys know....

Husbands are on a need to know basis.  HA!

• LOL 9
18 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Jill is obviously super demanding. Those poor older girls probably do all the housework. I doubt Jill does anything other than play with graphics on her phone. 

Several years ago Jill posted a video that showed chore lists taped to the inside of a closet door.  It was a very, very long list of chores.  Jill doesn’t lift a finger in that house/RV.  The kids do it ALL.  She’s a crazy, lazy, self-centered bitch.

• Like 6
  • Sad 10
23 hours ago, ozziemom said:

I noticed Jill has used the phrase “old world “ in her posts lately. Is this cos she is now old?!? I never noticed her using it before so either she’s copied it from somewhere else or heard it a lot recently. 
When she mentioned she was sick and had to miss the cruise, maybe she was heartbroken she was not the star of the Timbits and Heidi engagement. She always seems to be butt hurt about something or another. I wonder if she ever intended to go on the cruise.

I’ve heard pastors preach about “this old world.”  Most of what Jill says regarding religion are things that she has heard pastors say.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

They likely would never confirm this, but I suspect the family is on all the welfare available to them in their state. If Dave gets a real job, they'd possibly make too much money to qualify, so it's better for him to be a "minister" and "run a printing business". That way Jill can keep an eye on him at all times, plus they get more money in state benefits than if he were away at a real job. Plus, he's just plain old lazy and seemingly not-too-bright.

• Like 15
  • Useful 4
6 minutes ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

They likely would never confirm this, but I suspect the family is on all the welfare available to them in their state. If Dave gets a real job, they'd possibly make too much money to qualify, so it's better for him to be a "minister" and "run a printing business". That way Jill can keep an eye on him at all times, plus they get more money in state benefits than if he were away at a real job. Plus, he's just plain old lazy and seemingly not-too-bright.

They get money from the missionary clearinghouse. They've never said how much they get per month, but I think they live on this and Plexus. And whatever "love offerings" they get from their traveling grift. 

• Useful 4
17 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

They get money from the missionary clearinghouse. They've never said how much they get per month, but I think they live on this and Plexus. And whatever "love offerings" they get from their traveling grift. 

Several of the churches they visit regularly on the grift tours have them listed as Missionaries the church supports, so I think they possibly get money that way too.

I can't remember where I saw this, but someone online somewhere posted that the Rod family has flyers up around Wooster offering rides to the Amish folks for pay. No flyer was shown, but that certainly seems a market Jill would exploit for some easy money.

I will say Jill works hard on setting up the grift stops. How she wrangles the Rod family circus onto the schedule of churches having an anniversary, tent revival, harvest fest, family camp week, etc, is impressive. Those are the things that draw more folks than the usual 10 people on sunday and also usually provide meals for however long the event lasts.

• Like 5
  • Useful 4
2 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Several of the churches they visit regularly on the grift tours have them listed as Missionaries the church supports, so I think they possibly get money that way too.

I will say Jill works hard on setting up the grift stops. How she wrangles the Rod family circus onto the schedule of churches having an anniversary, tent revival, harvest fest, family camp week, etc, is impressive. Those are the things that draw more folks than the usual 10 people on sunday and also usually provide meals for however long the event lasts.

I’m still laughing about the churches being “devastated” if their RV isn’t fixed and they can’t visit 😂😂 just imagine the wailing and mourning if they discovered the Rods won’t be coming. Just DEVASTATING!

• LOL 24
On 11/5/2023 at 7:42 PM, realityfan26 said:

I know I'm very late to the discussion, but the phrasing of this invite is bugging me. Why does the original say you've earned a chance for a spot? Were there too many people who qualified and not everyone got to go? Did Jill really earn a spot or just a chance at a spot?

image.png.ac19a4eb07ffe6f258b89c3cfa1f5e71.png

I think these MLM trips are rarely free. So, it won't say that they've "won" a spot on the Leaders Retreat cruise, because you have to pay to be able to go.

Just speculating, but since Plexus bought out the whole cruise ship, I'm sure they got a hefty discount from what a person would pay for a cruise. So Plexus, can charge the people who go at their cost, make it seem like they "won" something, but really the cruise doesn't cost Plexus much, if anything.

• Like 11

It's interesting to see the grift tour evolving. Being Grandma (or nana, or mimi) of the Year doesn't seem to have nearly the same draw on the lecture/singing circuit. Also interestingly, aside from some awkward "Been married four months and telling everyone else how it's done" speeches, none of the younger generation seems to have taken up the "family band" grifting circuit. I guess you could argue that they're doing the modern equivalent through SM, but with all the influencing it seems a little more worldly and less JEEESAUS!!!! than their mothers were. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
8 hours ago, absolutelyido said:

I think these MLM trips are rarely free. So, it won't say that they've "won" a spot on the Leaders Retreat cruise, because you have to pay to be able to go.

Just speculating, but since Plexus bought out the whole cruise ship, I'm sure they got a hefty discount from what a person would pay for a cruise. So Plexus, can charge the people who go at their cost, make it seem like they "won" something, but really the cruise doesn't cost Plexus much, if anything.

My friend posted a video and pictures from the last day back on the ship. They had a big rally, the place was packed. He then posted more pictures on deck and there were a lot of people on there. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 8
10 hours ago, absolutelyido said:

The cruise itself is free. Anything else involved such as airfare, lodging, transportation, parking etc is not.

From the Plexus cruise rules:

Question: What is covered by Plexus for the Leaders Retreat Cruise?
Answer: Plexus will be covering your cabin for you and one guest for the duration of the cruise nights of November 2, 3, 4, and 5. The cruise will depart Thursday, November 2, 2023 and return Monday, November 6, 2023.

• Thanks 4
  • Useful 8
11 hours ago, satrunrose said:

It's interesting to see the grift tour evolving. Being Grandma (or nana, or mimi) of the Year doesn't seem to have nearly the same draw on the lecture/singing circuit.

Best Mimi also won't bring jill the same fawning attention and control that she has with her children 24/7. I expect the grands will all learn to perform for mimi's camera when they visit.

Nathan and Jonathan certainly have. It will be interesting to see if Heidi starts doing the silly smile and wave to jill's camera like the SILs do.

I think the main reason we will not see a rodlet family joining the grift tour is Jill will most certainly never share the love offerings.

• Like 10
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

If you would like to get a glimpse of what JillR missed, check out Janelle Brown's (public) IG page. She shows her room and the beach in Haiti. Looks like JillR missed a "classy" vacation cruise.

I wonder if Jilly and Hunk have ever watched Sister Wives on the map?  I'd love to see them meet in the wild sometime.  😄

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

Any missionaries the church I grew ip

in supported , had to present somehow where their money was going …even if no one wanted one they would say we handed out x number of bibles.  Held some number of Bible studies.   what does Jill claim ?

• Like 5

We printed 1 million pieces of garbage tracts last year???

She claimed they printed over a million several years ago. But I think Dave stated last year was the first year over a million.

to add

Jill has a blog update - the Timbits "glorious" engagement. The printing business is SO busy, her new magazine. Giant leap of faith on the magazine, please donate to make the next issue possible. Thanks for prayers for the fam as they fight the evil attacks of this old world.

Also the spacing was all messed up when I looked at it. Words cut off awkwardly and started on the next line.

https://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/category/updates/

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 6
  • LOL 2