Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

(edited)

So why do we need pictures of Dave in front of an empty fridge? And has she ever seen this movie which is racy and not for children (lol)?

Edited by Chicklet
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 14
On 5/23/2023 at 8:16 PM, oliviabenson said:

It’s like mostly empty 🤣🤣🤣

I see Mahmo stopped dying Tim’s hair!

Timmy must have gotten his hairline from spending too much time with Duggars. 

• LOL 9

Jill has been amassing quite a collection of ill-fitting, unflattering outfits lately. When does she have time to shop so much? That blue skirt looks difficult to walk in, especially for a woman who had a knee torn in four places. 

I guess she needed a blue skirt to match David's blue shirt. People might talk if they don't look like a married couple.  

5 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Is Jill pregnant? Dave’s hand is on her belly maybe she is!

That is a truly depressing thought. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, AstridM said:

An afternoon to themselves? She’s no longer even pretending to “homeschool,” is she?

There’s always time for nonsense for these two. They did the tour, $18. each, after they dropped the Kellers  off so they could “fly out of the airport “.

That skirt is awful.

• Like 19
9 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

There’s always time for nonsense for these two. They did the tour, $18. each, after they dropped the Kellers  off so they could “fly out of the airport “.

That skirt is awful.

The house is in Cleveland? 

• Like 4
43 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Someone I hadn't talked to since high school cold messaged me - not to sling their pyramid scheme garbage - but to ask if I knew anyone that could hook her up with Christmas Story passes since I lived in Cleveland at the time.  I lived there on and off for about 15 years and never visited that site.  And of all things people could have hit me up for, I was working in pro sports at the time and dating someone who worked at the Rock Hall.  And this weirdo wanted Christmas Story House passes.  Like, Cleveland is great, I love that city so much, but of the Top 500 things to do there... I wouldn't put this even that high. 

• Like 12
  • LOL 2
6 hours ago, SMama said:

God’s people should:

- Feed their children

- Provide a safe, spacious place to sleep for their children.

- Provide a proper education to their children.

- Provide proper, fitting clothing to their children.

- Provide age appropriate toys and books to their children.

- Shower their children with love and attention.

-Place their children’s needs above anything.

- Provide preventive medical and dental care for their children. 

Simple as that…

Best post ever!! I really hope Jill reads it.

• Like 9
6 minutes ago, ALittleShelfish said:

Someone I hadn't talked to since high school cold messaged me - not to sling their pyramid scheme garbage - but to ask if I knew anyone that could hook her up with Christmas Story passes since I lived in Cleveland at the time.  I lived there on and off for about 15 years and never visited that site.  And of all things people could have hit me up for, I was working in pro sports at the time and dating someone who worked at the Rock Hall.  And this weirdo wanted Christmas Story House passes.  Like, Cleveland is great, I love that city so much, but of the Top 500 things to do there... I wouldn't put this even that high. 

You could let your friend know it’s for sale. 😁

• LOL 6
2 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

8B1BA9E6-79FB-4232-B968-E3DCAE11F1FC.jpeg

CA8F4F0A-C701-4B1C-B791-640E9FD7E466.jpeg

DA44AC22-3CDE-4E87-8B85-B0205B6EF660.jpeg

7F14DF67-940B-44D1-B037-991337FF24E3.jpeg

8D60D1C3-5DB3-4BD8-839C-9EAE216CA251.jpeg

FBED0561-AA73-4F8C-9790-D3BFF85B3387.jpeg

Oh dear God she was close to my neck of the woods! So she goes to The Christmas Story House but doesn't think the movie is godly enough to watch!!??She likes history but we know there is no way she is teaching history to her children! I despise this woman so much!

• Like 21

I wonder, has she ever seen the movie?  Not too much to complain about, in my opinion.  Or, did someone tell her about it and she is making her own judgements?  Maybe she saw the big Thanksgiving turkey and didn't like all that food for a family of only 4 people.  Wouldn't want to give her family any ideas such as actually eating a full meal.

• Like 16

Is a movie made in the 1980’s about a kid in the 1940’s really history? But JillyBean just loves history even if the movie does have bad words in it. Hard to believe BME and Dave had some free time since we know how hard working they are, lol. Those two have more free time than most retired people. As far as homeschooling, who knows what’s happening. We haven’t seen the infamous workbooks in quite a while. Is Sammers graduating or does he have another year left?

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Is Jill pregnant? Dave’s hand is on her belly maybe she is!

I think she just wants people to start talking about a possible pregnancy.

1 hour ago, smallfry said:

She likes history but we know there is no way she is teaching history to her children!

I could see her using David Barton's American Heritage series, particularly America's Godly Heritage.  

ETA If you'd like some info on Barton, here's a good critique.   https://www.npr.org/2012/08/08/157754542/the-most-influential-evangelist-youve-never-heard-of

Edited by sagittarius sue
  • Useful 1

If you want to do history in Cleveland, there is a hell of lot more history than the Christmas Story house which is not even history, except possible Hollywood History.  

Just one block from the Rock N Hall of Fame is the USS Cod.   A World War 2 Submarine, although Dave would not fit down the hatch to go below and Jill with her skirts would be at a disadvantage to go down the ladders (it has an opening then the ladder it straight down, they have not modified it for visitors.   THat was fun when we went last Fall, hubby went first so if I fell I could squash him).   The McKinley Presidential Library and Museum is in Canton, as is the First Ladies Museum.    I hit them both up when I visited the Pro Football Hall of Fame eons ago.   Granted those are Canton but not that far from Cleveland.  

• Like 10
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
On 5/22/2023 at 8:01 AM, BradandJanet said:

Also, Jill complains that her critics "don't know them personally,"

And we don't want to know them personally.

Why would I want to spend even an hour listening to Jill try to convert me (or, good Lord, listening to the starving orphans sing), while dodging the tweezers she keeps in her grifted purse, and then end up stuck with the bill?

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

The $36 spent on tickets could have provided a couple of rounds of Jill's famous grease soup for her army of kids, who will probably do without now as a result of this visit to no place special. 

Jill just wants stuff: clothes, jewelry, restaurant meals, tickets, trips, hotel stays, furniture, decorations, money, anything she can get. She doesn't care as long as it's for her. Her spirit is as empty as her brain, and neither can ever be satisfied. 

She reveals a lot about her and David's values by what she puts on social media. 

So much this.   Jill is trying to fill an empty hole that she has for some reason with STUFF.   Hence the hoarding of stuff and kids.   Also the absolute control she MUST have over everything in her life.   It will never be enough.

Jill needs therapy, not plexus.

• Like 12
  • Applause 5
On 5/21/2023 at 6:12 PM, oliviabenson said:

I’m shocked Jill didn’t hang a giant portrait of herself in the nursery. That way Hill baby knows who his precious, SEVERELY blessed Mimi is!

Is Glamour Shots still a thing?

• LOL 10
On 5/22/2023 at 1:00 PM, beckie said:

Now that (by God's grace) we have six grown children who are proclaiming the same truths we taught them out of God's Word as RIGHT, our haters are scratching their heads trying, for the LIFE of them, to figure out what keeps our children (as adults) on the "straight and narrow" path of Biblical values and teachings???

We know what keeps your kids on the straight and narrow, Jill.

We know how cults keep kids isolated and afraid as a way to prevent them from knowing anything other than cult ideology. We also see, thanks to your baffling insistence on sharing every detail of your mundane lives, how you insert yourself into every aspect of their adulthoods in order to ensure they don't encounter anything to contradict the nonsense you've been peddling the entire lives.

We aren't trying to figure out shit. We know exactly how this crap works, and that's why we hate you.

• Like 7
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 12
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Turquoise said:

I noticed she couldn't help but get a little dig in as well "Keep in mind this was a movie that David grew up watching"...AKA he was not raised in the holy and righteous manner she was.

Which makes me think this was totally his idea to go. I think that David genuinely enjoyed the movie when he watched it when he was younger. And I also think that Jill experienced a little bit of cognitive dissonance because on the one hand, she has to submit to her husband, but on the other hand, he wanted to do something that was more secular which was probably making her head explode. So she had to rationalize.

• Like 20
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Which makes me think this was totally his idea to go. I think that David genuinely enjoyed the movie when he watched it when he was younger. And I also think that Jill experienced a little bit of cognitive dissonance because on the one hand, she has to submit to her husband, but on the other hand, he wanted to do something that was more secular which was probably making her head explode. So she had to rationalize.

He also looked like he was really happy seeing the house. 

• Like 23

EW.  First they ruin Cuyahoga National Park for me, now the Christmas Story House?  
Exactly what language does Jill find so offensive in A Christmas Story that she recommends a filter?  Fudge? Sons a beeches?  Butterfinger?  Fragile?  She CLEARLY has never seen the movie if she thinks there are obscenities in it.  The manner in which they spoke was indicative of the times and not a single curse is uttered in the entire film.  If you don’t like it, don’t watch it (or pretend you did).

Personally, I think that ACS is playing on the map every Christmas from 8 p.m. Christmas Eve through 8 p.m Christmas Day just as it is on my own map. 

• Like 22
  • Applause 2
1 hour ago, Lady Edith said:

Exactly what language does Jill find so offensive in A Christmas Story that she recommends a filter?  Fudge? Sons a beeches?  Butterfinger?  Fragile?  She CLEARLY has never seen the movie if she thinks there are obscenities in it.  The manner in which they spoke was indicative of the times and not a single curse is uttered in the entire film.  If you don’t like it, don’t watch it (or pretend you did).

When Jill made the comment about a language filter, I thought what language?  It's more the idea of bad language than actual bad language.  There are a few movies I have to watch every year, and this is one of them.  

• Like 11
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, SMama said:

$500 a month is her awesome income? You really can’t fix stupid. 

Well, she is making $100+ more per week then anyone else in the house. 🙃🤣

• Applause 4
  • LOL 14
1 hour ago, Lisa418722 said:

When Jill made the comment about a language filter, I thought what language?  It's more the idea of bad language than actual bad language.  There are a few movies I have to watch every year, and this is one of them.  

Me too, and I’ve never noticed offensive language.  I guess that makes me a bad Christian or, at least by Jill’s standards, I’m not a Christian at all.

• Like 9

Jill thinks $500 is life changing.   She really does have no concept of money.   Which she wouldn't because everything is given to her so she has no idea what things really cost.  So she thinks $500 is a lot of money.   And while it might make life a little easier for some, its really not  a whole change your life.   Especially what you have to SPEND to get that $500.

• Like 11
  • Applause 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 5/25/2023 at 6:35 PM, oliviabenson said:

8B1BA9E6-79FB-4232-B968-E3DCAE11F1FC.jpeg

CA8F4F0A-C701-4B1C-B791-640E9FD7E466.jpeg

DA44AC22-3CDE-4E87-8B85-B0205B6EF660.jpeg

7F14DF67-940B-44D1-B037-991337FF24E3.jpeg

8D60D1C3-5DB3-4BD8-839C-9EAE216CA251.jpeg

FBED0561-AA73-4F8C-9790-D3BFF85B3387.jpeg

Oh Geez!  Once again they are getting too close!  I live about 15 minutes from there.  BTW, Jilly, the house was used only for exteriors for the movie.  The interiors were on a movie set in Canada.  It is really fun to visit, though, and I recommend it now that Jillibean and David are gone.

The house is a quick drive from the airport, so they probably stopped there after taking Nurie and family there.

And I also recommend every single salacious scene and swear word in a Christmas Story, so, shut up Jill!!!

1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

Me too, and I’ve never noticed offensive language.  I guess that makes me a bad Christian or, at least by Jill’s standards, I’m not a Christian at all.

Now, Ralphie says "Oh fuuuuudge!' when the bolts for the tire go flying and we all know Jesus does not approve.

22 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

https://www.achristmasstoryhouse.com/

It's on the market if you're looking.

• Like 6
  • LOL 2

Yes, they went to the house after dropping off the Ns. They're wearing the same outfits in pictures from the airport and the house. 

I'm sorry for those of you that could have run into a Rod in the wild! Back to Amish country with them! 

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

I want them far, far away. I'll never forget when Boobchelle flew into San Francisco for a speaking gig in the Central Valley. They spent Halloween in San Francisco, which is normally a wild thing. Luckily for them, it rained that night, so they were spared the revelry. I hoped that they had been driven through the Castro. 😂

• Like 3
  • LOL 5

Should we all chip in and get Dave a leg lamp for Christmas? Jill can't choose all the tchotchkes in the house. Her headship should get a chance to display something more to his liking!

• LOL 19