Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Jill was in hog heaven! A free dinner and 3 chances of her being on stage/center of attention!

And her beloved hunk preached! 

4CB60E50-E9AC-43AA-96F8-49B6163DEBDB.jpeg

During her speech, she talks about how Christians are supposed to be hard-working yet she’s married to a deadbeat sloth, who hasn’t had a real job in years.

• Like 19

Mmm hi all I want to talk about my love of Taco Bell and McDonald’s.  Thanks for listening and now give me $ cuz I live Jesus!

-Dave

(winking at Jil)l: babe we be eating good tonight at the Olive Garden. Xoxo your hunky Dave. 

$5 says Dave got a real cake and dinner for his birthday.

• Like 10
  • LOL 2

Did Dave get a plastic cup of pudding with 51 trick candles stuck in it? 

He probably wouldn't even remember Jill's birthday if she didn't make such a big deal about it. She has to plan her own party and write her birthday love letter from Babe every year 'cause he's too busy leading his home from the comfort of his recliner to get up and do anything. 

• Like 8
  • LOL 6
45 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

So which sermon did Dave pull out of the file cabinet for this gig?   He's so lazy he probably doesn't even update his stock sermons.   

I didn’t watch all of it. One part was living daily, not worrying about next month or next year, or about retirement. Then how Christians are persecuted, fighting the war.

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 4
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

I didn’t watch all of it. One part was living daily, not worrying about next month or next year, or about retirement. Then how Christians are persecuted, fighting the war.

I guess a bunch of unemployed, uneducated kids with dozens of hungry kids of their own is a sound retirement plan. 

• Sad 16
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

One part was living daily, not worrying about next month or next year, or about retirement.

Well that's pretty much not in the Bible.   There is a parable about planning ahead.   Its the bridesmaids at a wedding.   Some planned ahead and had extra oil for torches, some didn't.   The message was -- you know not when he will come, so be prepared.   Not just hope it will all work out.

But it explains so much about the Rods.   No need to work,  go on vacation all the time because you need to live for today.   Tomorrow someone else will feed your kids and fix your crappy RV.

• Like 9
  • Applause 6
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

“Persecuted,” how? 

• Like 3

Well look at Jill’s parents retirement plan… they shuffle between Amy and Jill. 

That’s Jillvid plan they will visit their kids aka mooch off until both Jill and Dave die . 

Can you picture Jill at 60 selling plexus?

• Like 2
  • Sad 7

The part I listened to was about the day, but more with the take of you had to show up everyday, be a christian everyday, live your beliefs everyday. Not part time it.

For the rods that would mean what??

Being judgemental of others, handing out tracts, god bothering people, praying to the lord to bless them with grifting opportunities to "share their ministry" everyday.

Maybe Isolate their kids everyday, buy and shoot weapons to show they are true patriots?

The biblical story of the ten talents wisely seems lost on them as they mostly seem seem to perform for and grift among those with like beliefs, and hand out worthless tracts people throw away

• Like 12
1 minute ago, sagittarius sue said:

They're persecuted because we don't live under a fundie theocracy.

No one is stopping them from living as they wish though, right?

• Like 6
3 minutes ago, AstridM said:

No one is stopping them from living as they wish though, right?

They want everyone to be living the same as they are.  Otherwise, we're of the Devil with our ungodly laws allowing abortion and same sex marriage.

• Like 10
4 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

They want everyone to be living the same as they are.  Otherwise, we're of the Devil with our ungodly laws allowing abortion and same sex marriage.

Swinging Heat Wave GIF by lilcozynostril

• Like 2
  • LOL 11
6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

00590EAD-F810-4BFA-B3B8-560C0B56713B.jpeg

Of course she does. She loves the fact that he let's her do whatever,  say whatever and yank the household where she wants. We know if Jill couldn't be the center of attention at ALL times, then she's being persecuted. 

David doesn't do anything.  He just goes along for the ride.....and the food.

• Like 10
  • Sad 3

God will reward stalwart Christians like Jill and David because they fought valiantly and suffered greatly in the War on Christmas. 

Sadly, despite the Rods' many sacrifices, holiday cards and signs in stores that proclaim "Happy Holidays" and "Seasons Greetings" still exist!  Grammar took a hit, however, when semiliterate leaders refused to rename the ambiguous War on Christmas with the more accurate War Against Christmas, leaving many of the enemy shaking their heads in confusion.  

• LOL 15
5 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

He looks really unwell… the lighting is doing him no favors.

878947CA-A858-437C-AD59-E1364CC010AF.jpeg

I can’t believe that she was dumb enough to procreate with this loser.  That alone tells me all I need to know about Jilly Bean aka Dove. 🤮

• Like 2
  • LOL 8
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

I can’t believe that she was dumb enough to procreate with this loser.  That alone tells me all I need to know about Jilly Bean aka Dove. 🤮

At least she has a husband (smile)

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 11
8 hours ago, beckie said:

Of course she does. She loves the fact that he let's her do whatever,  say whatever and yank the household where she wants. We know if Jill couldn't be the center of attention at ALL times, then she's being persecuted. 

David doesn't do anything.  He just goes along for the ride.....and the food.

Oh he supports it wholeheartedly.   Jill didn't like that he went off to work every day and did stuff that didn't include her.  So she decided god called him to full time ministry.   He was all "You mean I don't have to go to work every day to support our growing family, I can sit home and stare at the map all day and eat all I want?  Heck yeah I want to be a minister."   

I think God dialed the wrong number when he called Dave to the ministry.   The guy has no interest in actually preaching.  Or even being a printer for god.   He just does the bare minimum to get by and certainly doesn't put in any effort to improve or grow as a preacher or a printer.

• Like 17
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Tessie's got a full face of makeup. I guess that's allowed at 15? Or is she 16 now? At any rate, it's the first time I've seen her tarted up. Sad.

She's 15 now, will be 16 in July. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1

Not a single ounce of joy or spirit shows in the faces of those children. They're sad animals in a zoo or in a performing circus--just existing. Jill and David are complete failures as parents and as human beings. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 18
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Jill’s kids always look depressed/dead eyed/unhappy. 

Wouldn't you be too? What kind of childhood to be a trained seal and your time spent at revivals and preaching? These kids should be out playing and having fun. 

• Like 15
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

Jill said the plexus convention in Nashville is $128 for a Airbnb. The ticket to the convention is free as Jill’s guest. 

So guess Dave and the kids will be sleeping in the rv near by? 

They're taking the kids to Nashville? Can't Renee and Kaylee handle the daughter-mom thing while Jill and Hunk run off for yet another romantic vacation?

What will the convention cost Jill to attend? Not much is free in Plexus World. 

• LOL 4
(edited)
17 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Pretty sure Jill makes up her own pet nicknames.  I can't see Dave trying to get her attention like that: "Hey, Jilly Bean?  Could you be a dove and refill my hummingbird juice and while you're at it, make me a nice plate of tacos?"  I feel it's more like him just grunting and pointing while she flutters her eyelashes and giggles.

16 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Tessie's got a full face of makeup. I guess that's allowed at 15? Or is she 16 now? At any rate, it's the first time I've seen her tarted up. Sad.

I hate that I noticed this but I think the close-up of Tessie was zoomed in and cut from the picture of her with her siblings - like Jill saw the original picture and wanted to make sure everyone got a good eyeful of her newly for-sale daughter looking fetching with her fancy eyebrows and overdone makeup.

Dang, I hope at least one of these poor girls escapes Jill's makeovers and subsequent bargaining to the highest-ranking Fundie guy she can find.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 1
  • Sad 15

Jill now has another Plexus shilling instagram in which she is wearing minimal makeup (looks like lash extensions though) and she looks SO MUCH BETTER without the ringed eyes and 50 gallons of foundation. The eyebrows are still wrong, but I think she might do better grifting like this. People probably would be more receptive to the minimal makeup than the town Trollop. (Well, until she starts talking…)

• Like 5
  • LOL 9