Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

I’m skipping the pictures Jill posted.

Update on my parents.  🥰

They lived back at home for about a month and then, they packed up and headed to my sister Angie's house.  ❤️  Angie had her 10th baby (Marissa) in January and my parents had not met her yet.  So, they went there to spend about a month and a half with the Hillegass Family.  😊  I am SO thankful for sweet sisters and that we all share in the JOY and responsibility of caring for my sweet Mom.  My Daddy continues to show loving dedication to my precious Mom as he cares for her each day.  

Angie reported to me the other day that Ma had been sitting at her piano for a couple of hours playing!  I asked Angie if it sounded like a song and she said - YES!  She was even using both hands!  😁  We are encouraged that Ma's brain is very slowly healing and improving. It leaves us with HOPE!  🥰

On June 23rd, my parents will be celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary.  ❤️  Congratulations to them!  😊 We will all be having a celebration WITH them when we get together with them over the 4th of July weekend.  

God is Good.  Thank you for your prayers for my sweet Mama.  😊  She is precious to us all.  Pray that she will learn how to walk again, understand how to function normally through life, etc.  ☺️  God bless you all!  🙏

With Timothy Noyes

• Sad 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Useful 1
5 hours ago, satrunrose said:

I feel kind of uncomfortable saying this, but I wonder if Janessa's apparent immaturity is only about the Rods' poor excuse for parenting or if there are more congenital issues than the paediatrician doctors said (per Jill). I guess I always assumed that Jill was lying about the severity of the prenatal issues ('cause Jill is a lying liar who lies), but watching Janessa age (can't quite say grow), maybe the lie was in how miraculously normal she is. 

Or, BME and DBD are craptastic humans who shouldn't be allowed to raise a spider plant, let alone a kid. 

Janessa was supposed to have had a stroke in utero, and is supposedly missing part of her corpus callosum.  Then Jill claimed she had been cured through prayer.  I think she may have some delays that her "parents" are denying.  Which surprises me, because she is passing up a great grift.  

• Like 12
7 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Janessa was supposed to have had a stroke in utero, and is supposedly missing part of her corpus callosum.  Then Jill claimed she had been cured through prayer.  I think she may have some delays that her "parents" are denying.  Which surprises me, because she is passing up a great grift.  

Janessa seems a bit delayed, but more because she doesn't seem to be exposed to age-appropriate activities. Does she even know her ABCs? We've never seen a video of her reciting them. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 7
  • Useful 1
41 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I’m skipping the pictures Jill posted.

Update on my parents.  🥰

They lived back at home for about a month and then, they packed up and headed to my sister Angie's house.  ❤️  Angie had her 10th baby (Marissa) in January and my parents had not met her yet.  So, they went there to spend about a month and a half with the Hillegass Family.  😊  I am SO thankful for sweet sisters and that we all share in the JOY and responsibility of caring for my sweet Mom.  My Daddy continues to show loving dedication to my precious Mom as he cares for her each day.  

Angie reported to me the other day that Ma had been sitting at her piano for a couple of hours playing!  I asked Angie if it sounded like a song and she said - YES!  She was even using both hands!  😁  We are encouraged that Ma's brain is very slowly healing and improving. It leaves us with HOPE!  🥰

On June 23rd, my parents will be celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary.  ❤️  Congratulations to them!  😊 We will all be having a celebration WITH them when we get together with them over the 4th of July weekend.  

God is Good.  Thank you for your prayers for my sweet Mama.  😊  She is precious to us all.  Pray that she will learn how to walk again, understand how to function normally through life, etc.  ☺️  God bless you all!  🙏

With Timothy Noyes

So neat! (Smile)

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
(edited)
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Where is Janessa's helmet? By age 5 my kids were already riding 2 wheelers and the few of their friends who weren't, still had their own bikes with training wheels.

Not just her helmet, why is she not buckled in?  All of those bike carts have harnesses/seat belts in them, too.  Considering Janessa is the 'miracle baby', Jill sure doesn't treat her like it.

There's a daycare center in my office building and there are several parents who bring their kids to it using bikes in the good weather, so, I've seen them up close quite often.  I've never seen a kid who wasn't wearing a bike helmet and who wasn't strapped into the seat.  Never seen a kid as old/big as Janessa in one either. Until Jill.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 20
(edited)
2 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Janessa seems a bit delayed, but more because she doesn't seem to be exposed to age-appropriate activities. Does she even know her ABCs? We've never seen a video of her reciting them. 

If that proof is needed for knowing the ABCs, it might be thought most of us don't know them either.😂

Edited by crazy8s
  • LOL 8
10 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

If that proof is need for knowing the ABCs, it might be thought most of us don't know them either.😂

Touché!

But Jill films everything. You'd think she would post a cute alphabet video. 

Since those of us who post here are literate, I assume we all know our ABCs. 😂

• LOL 10

I wonder what sitting at the piano for a couple of hours means in Jill (and perhaps her sister’s) speak. A non ambulatory person in the same position for an extended amount of time is not good. Did Ma really sit at the piano for a couple of hours?

• Like 10
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Update on my parents.  🥰

With Timothy Noyes

Surely Ma will miraculously "walk" up the aisle for both Timbits and Renee's weddings and it will be a miracle, just like when she "walked" up the aisle in Kaylee girl's wedding. Ma was literally held up for a photo op to support Jill's miracle for ma narrative there. ☹️

As for prayers for Mama to "understand how to function normally through life, etc" - just wth??

• Like 22
1 hour ago, Notabug said:

Not just her helmet, why is she not buckled in?  All of those bike carts have harnesses/seat belts in them, too.  Considering Janessa is the 'miracle baby', Jill sure doesn't treat her like it.

There's a daycare center in my office building and there are several parents who bring their kids to it using bikes in the good weather, so, I've seen them up close quite often.  I've never seen a kid who wasn't wearing a bike helmet and who wasn't strapped into the seat.  Never seen a kid as old/big as Janessa in one either. Until Jill.

I also wonder if this bike trailer was something Jill found at a yard sale or the thrift shop.  Had it been inspected?  Has it been in an accident or "overused" with too heavy loads in it?  I would think there would be some kind of weight limit, but I don't know what it is.  We know the Duggars bought baby seats at yard sales, and we know Nemo didn't have one at the time of their accident, so I really do wonder about the safety of this bike trailer.

• Like 8

Does Jill really think she has shared in the JOY of taking care of her mother? Pregnant andKaylee did the work because Jill was on the road grifting and vacationing. 

It seems that a lot of the caretaking has fallen to Kevin and his kids, who also have Amy to attend to. Maybe Kevin put his foot down and demanded that the Ma's caretaking be divided better. Angie will certainly have her hands full with a bunch of kids, a newborn, and a dependent mother-in-law in the house. 

Jill is praying like crazy for a miraculous recovery because she can't be sure she'll away when it's her turn for Ma's next visit. Beyond doing manicures and haircuts, Jill really doesn't want to be involved. Maybe by then she'll not only have andKaylee, but also ofTim, and maybe ofMysteryMan in her orbit. Jill and David have to have their sweet vacations. 

• Like 13
15 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Does Jill really think she has shared in the JOY of taking care of her mother? Pregnant andKaylee did the work because Jill was on the road grifting and vacationing. 

It seems that a lot of the caretaking has fallen to Kevin and his kids, who also have Amy to attend to. Maybe Kevin put his foot down and demanded that the Ma's caretaking be divided better. Angie will certainly have her hands full with a bunch of kids, a newborn, and a dependent mother-in-law in the house. 

Jill is praying like crazy for a miraculous recovery because she can't be sure she'll away when it's her turn for Ma's next visit. Beyond doing manicures and haircuts, Jill really doesn't want to be involved. Maybe by then she'll not only have andKaylee, but also ofTim, and maybe ofMysteryMan in her orbit. Jill and David have to have their sweet vacations. 

I think that is probably what happened.  I think, too, that Jill's father, being a typical patriarchal fundie, is unwilling to step up and do his share.  He's not a spring chicken, but I expect that, even if he is in good health; he considers cooking and cleaning to be women's work.  And he might love his wife, but he isn't going to be bathing and dressing her.  Just not his job.

• Like 21
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1

So Ma has to be uprooted and moved around every few months?   Because none of the daughters or their grown ass kids can be bothered to go stay with Ma for a few weeks on rotation?   Let's send Ma who needs rest, peace and quiet to a house with 10 kids, one of them a newborn.    Which is actually a slight improvement over staying with Jill.  

• Like 17
  • Sad 4
  • Useful 2

I think it is quite possible that Mom needs more care than her spouse can give.  Definitely  more care than Amy’s family can do besides taking care of Amy.  I wouldn’t fault any of them for suggesting that mom needed assisted living. Unfortunately I don’t think Dad can afford it.  I also suspect that mom and Dad living with their children isn’t a picnic for any of them.  That’s the reality for lots of families these days/ not  just fundies. 

• Like 19
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I wonder what sitting at the piano for a couple of hours means in Jill (and perhaps her sister’s) speak. A non ambulatory person in the same position for an extended amount of time is not good. Did Ma really sit at the piano for a couple of hours?

I've looked at a couple of videos of her mom and while Jill is crowing, I just see a woman doing small activities through muscle memory. She would sometimes respond to Jill, but it was distant, disconnected. 

I don't know this woman's prognosis; maybe there is hope for improvement.  But having dealt with several relatives with dementia, you come to accept the progression of the disease and move accordingly. You do the best you can with each stage. I find Jill to be childish and disrespectful. 

• Like 24
18 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

There was a recent video of Janessa “reading” a bedtime story to Jill.  Even if she wasn’t reading the words, she had obviously memorized the words to the story.  That doesn’t indicate a cognitive delay to me.

• Like 3
  • Useful 3

Ma can't walk on her own. She is barely verbally responsive. She tires quickly. And, thanks to Jill, we know she can't take care of her toileting needs. In other words, she requires  constant care and probably will for the rest of her life. 

Since Ma and Pa Noyes's new house next the the Fosters' is a stop in the rotation, who is paying the taxes, utilities, and other expenses on the place? Can Pa Noyes afford to keep this house, or do the costs fall on the Fosters? Kevin Foster has a job, unlike David Rodrigues, but he also has expenses related to Amy's health. 

These people can pray as long and as hard as they want, but they'd be wise to make some practical earthly management plans. There's going to come a time when passing Ma around like a hot potato will not be possible. 

• Like 22
(edited)
3 hours ago, Notabug said:

Am I a bad person for not caring if Jill survives Pride Month?

No you are not a bad person. I hope that hateful hag chokes on a pickle or a chicken leg. Nasty, vile women and so is her husband…

Edited by oliviabenson
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Notabug said:

Am I a bad person for not caring if Jill survives Pride Month?

No. I would love for one of the kids to "come out". Head exploding for her but I know it would be horrible for them. 

9 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

I think Ma would be better off in a nursing home. She is not well and has tons of needs. Being moved around from one overcrowded/noisy home to the next must confuse/tire her out. 

Surely, she can apply for Medicaid if she isn't already on it and get into a home. Its a PITA to deal with but it can be done. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 10
8 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

No. I would love for one of the kids to "come out". Head exploding for her but I know it would be horrible for them. 

Surely, she can apply for Medicaid if she isn't already on it and get into a home. Its a PITA to deal with but it can be done. 

Yes, I am sure there are care options for Ma out there that would be better than passing her from daughter to daughter's home.  Social services were surely involved during her hospitalizations and I presume the family rejected them all; deciding that they knew best and that Jesus was going to heal Ma completely and she wasn't going to need long term care.  They're also ignorant enough to believe that they as a family can take better care of her without professional assistance.

There are probably some services available in the county where Ma and Pa reside; but, since they're passing her around like a box of cracker jack, there is no way to establish those connections.

• Like 9
  • Sad 9
  • Useful 2
(edited)
18 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

It's an interesting quandary.  Ma may not qualify for a nursing home.  If she doesn't need actual nursing care, it isn't a proper placement.  There are levels of care and each one has it's own issues and payment problems.  As said above, Ma probably had an evaluation from her hospital time and no doubt the family rejected it.  

My mother while far worse than Ma, was only properly placed in a nursing home for three months during all her final years.  Custodial care (bathing, dressing, moving from bed to wheelchair, to regular chair, feeding, non-injectible medications, etc.) does not equate to a skilled nursing facility.  

Edited by Absolom
  • Like 11
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 3
3 minutes ago, Absolom said:

It's an interesting quandary.  Ma may not qualify for a nursing home.  If she doesn't need actual nursing care, it isn't a proper placement.  There are levels of care and each one has it's own issues and payment problems.  As said above, Ma probably had an evaluation from her hospital time and no doubt the family rejected it.  

My mother while far worse than Ma, was only properly placed in a nursing home for three months during all her final years.  Custodial care (bathing, dressing, moving from bed to wheelchair, to regular chair, feeding, medications, etc.) does not equate to a skilled nursing facility.  

They would probably have to put whatever assets they have (and I doubt there is a lot), in Tim's name, thus leaving Pat with nothing but monthly SS.  

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
57 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Rather than have Ma AND Pa pack up their lives every couple of months and move to a new location, a new set up for Ma to get used to again and basically start all over.   Pa isn't getting any younger either.   Shuffling around can't be easy for him either.   But they won't because no one wants to be inconvenienced to put their lives on hold for a week to go take care of Mom.

Jill absolutely does not want to be inconvenienced by anyone, including her own children. She is selfish to the core, and we've seen plenty of examples of her behavior over the years. She publicly documents things that would embarrass most people because she is unable to see past her own nose. 

She may go to WV as a show of support as long as there are daughters along to do the actual caretaking. However, there wouldn't be OPM for shopping, sightseeing, and restaurant trips, so she'll get bored pretty quickly. 

Amy isn't in a situation to do any physical caretaking and Angie is pretty busy right now. Lisa lives in Ohio, and her children are mostly grown. She has time to write bad novels (see "Serena's Serenity"), so she may need to step up and help whether she wants to or not. 

8 minutes ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

It's going to be a long month of Jill whining about Pride month. 

We can easily turn this into a month of whining about Jill and keep her busy fighting off "satanic attacks" from all sides. My pitchfork is ready. 

• Like 14
18 hours ago, crazy8s said:

As for prayers for Mama to "understand how to function normally through life, etc" - just wth??

Exactly- WTF does this even mean???

2 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

They might have to sell their house first. I’m not sure of the details.

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Ma could qualify for care at home -- and respite care for her caregivers.   But she would have to stay put to get them.   It makes FAR more sense for Ma and Pa to stay in their home and have the adults on a rotation to come stay for a few days/weeks each.   Rather than have Ma AND Pa pack up their lives every couple of months and move to a new location, a new set up for Ma to get used to again and basically start all over.   Pa isn't getting any younger either.   Shuffling around can't be easy for him either.   But they won't because no one wants to be inconvenienced to put their lives on hold for a week to go take care of Mom.

As for Jill and Pride Month -- Suck it Jill.   Other people have a right to exist even if you don't like it.

She might qualify, but I think they only have Medicare Part A, and I don’t think home care is covered.

• Useful 2
(edited)
18 minutes ago, AstridM said:

They might have to sell their house first. I’m not sure of the details.

They could keep the house if Tim lived in it full time under certain circumstances.  

Their biggest hurdle is Ma may only require custodial care and Medicaid does not cover that.  She was in a rehab/skilled nursing facility at one point and left.  It was most likely because she failed to progress and thus Medicare quit paying.  Medicaid will cover longer term skilled nursing care than Medicare, but not care that doesn't require at least supervision by an RN.  If she doesn't require care that punctures the skin, is invasive, or otherwise falls under a scope of practice, Medicaid isn't going to pay.  If someone untrained or with minimal training can provide the care, then she more appropriately would belong in assisted living.  

Assisted living is not covered by Medicare or Medicaid although some outpatient services are covered by Medicare Part B, Medicaid, or private insurance.  That's things like PT, OT, etc., and there are limits on those.  Also hospice will go into assisted living and that is covered by Medicare.  Ma doesn't seem to be in that territory yet if we can halfway trust Jill's reporting.

Some states have programs geared to help keep people at home and that's the kind of thing they may qualify to get.  It's usually for low income residents, but they'd need to stay resident in one state to get that.  

Edited by Absolom
  • Like 4
  • Useful 4

Ma would qualify for care management in my area, meaning she could get long-term limited in-home services.

At this point I think trotting her all about is better than her staying home with just the dad. At least she's getting care and stimulation. Of course that's if she doesn't have trouble acclimating to each new environment.

I think the best case scenario would be keeping her home with the daughters and the older grandchildren rotating through, in addition to in-home services. But it seems only Jill and one other sister have older children or are in a position to go to her parents' house without a passel of little kids.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
(edited)
48 minutes ago, Absolom said:

They could keep the house if Tim lived in it full time under certain circumstances.  

Their biggest hurdle is Ma may only require custodial care and Medicaid does not cover that.  She was in a rehab/skilled nursing facility at one point and left.  It was most likely because she failed to progress and thus Medicare quit paying.  Medicaid will cover longer term skilled nursing care than Medicare, but not care that doesn't require at least supervision by an RN.  If she doesn't require care that punctures the skin, is invasive, or otherwise falls under a scope of practice, Medicaid isn't going to pay.  If someone untrained or with minimal training can provide the care, then she more appropriately would belong in assisted living.  

Assisted living is not covered by Medicare or Medicaid although some outpatient services are covered by Medicare Part B, Medicaid, or private insurance.  That's things like PT, OT, etc., and there are limits on those.  Also hospice will go into assisted living and that is covered by Medicare.  Ma doesn't seem to be in that territory yet if we can halfway trust Jill's reporting.

Some states have programs geared to help keep people at home and that's the kind of thing they may qualify to get.  It's usually for low income residents, but they'd need to stay resident in one state to get that.  

Yes, I can't remember the exact term, but my dad was able to  keep the house and live there. Community spouse? 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 3
  • Useful 2
17 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

At the very least I would think she’d qualify for physical and occupational therapy, and not a couple of hours sitting at a piano.

Would that be the case if they didn't have Part B? I'm years away from needing Medicare, so I have no idea which plan covers what, aside from Part B covering hospital care. 

If they don't have Part B, their medical bills must be astronomical. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
(edited)

Jill is obviously aware of SHP - she has posted episode # whatever of her blathering in response. "It's an attack of satan" blah blah, some bible reading that she seems to think makes her point. Watching with the sound of is great, she runs the gamut of weird facial expressions.😂

She doesn't mention seeing herself while watching on the map. But to post on the Lord's day and her self proclaimed day of limiting screen time (smile) - she is pissed.

First comment

"After everything that has come out this week may I share this. It so true."

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
4 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Jill is obviously aware of SHP - she has posted episode # whatever of her blathering in response. "It's an attack of satan" blah blah, some bible reading that she seems to think makes her point. Watching with the sound of is great, she runs the gamut of weird facial expressions.😂

She doesn't mention seeing herself while watching on the map. But to post on the Lord's day and her self proclaimed day of limiting screen time (smile) - she is pissed.

First comment

The map has Prime Video? How worldly of this Amish admiring hypocrite. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 20
(edited)
16 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

First comment

I went all through FB and IG, and I didn't see this. The last posts I see are from yesterday. Can you please provide a link? 😀

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 1
(edited)

It just got posted within the last hour on her fb. I am not fb friends with her and I can see it as the first post on her page now.

https://www.facebook.com/rodriguesfamilylovesjesus

Not sure if they have prime, but the have dish or direct tv or something that includes Fox News since she has posted screen shots from her wall tapestry tv a few times. Freevee maybe? Jill has also posted in the last day or so about being on the road so maybe a "sweet friend" let her grift watch.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2
28 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

At the very least I would think she’d qualify for physical and occupational therapy, and not a couple of hours sitting at a piano.

This is such a good point. Mrs. Noyes made progress when she was receiving  professional therapy, but she's probably not getting any now since she's changing locations every few weeks. It's not clear if her condition is improving or just static; Jill isn't updating very often now so it's likely not much is happening. I wonder what the doctors are saying. While the family wants to remain hopeful, do they really think that if Ma will just snap out her "condition" and return to normal? 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
4 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

It just got posted within the last hour on her fb. I am not fb friends with her and I can see it as the first post on her page now.

https://www.facebook.com/rodriguesfamilylovesjesus

Not sure if they have prime, but the have dish or direct tv or something that includes Fox News since she has posted screen shots from her wall tapestry tv a few times. Freevee maybe? Jill has also posted in the last day or so about being on the road so maybe a "sweet friend" let her grift watch.

Okay, the last thing I see is the Make Your Life Count with Jill. She talks about the devil and sin, but not specifically about the special.

Freevee, from my understanding, only has the first 3 episodes. Jill is in the last one. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
(edited)

yeah the make your life count thing - she seems to think that this blathering is a rebuttal to SHP to be posting anything on sunday. 

'Is our faith the problem?"

why yes jilly, the way you judge others and spread hate in the name of faith is exactly the problem.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5