Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

25 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

So they all work in the same plane. How is Jonathan’s Philip’s “boss?” He surely doesn’t own the place.

well this is Jill speak, so I guessed Jonathan got a job wherever and was moved up to shift leader or team leader or some such minor promotion and phillip hired in later and was a level below So to Jill, Jonathan is Phillip's "boss". Also, I think Jill was somehow trying to validate Phillip working in the evil, modern world by implying he was working directly for Jonathan.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 8
  • Love 2

Not sure if anyone else is watching Anotnurie_Rodrigues on Instagram but it is a fun. Posting some classic Jill. Oldies such as the origin of the often referred to NICE Olive Garden.

Screenshot (316).jpg

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
44 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Not sure if anyone else is watching Anotnurie_Rodrigues on Instagram but it is a fun. Posting some classic Jill. Oldies such as the origin of the often referred to NICE Olive Garden.

Screenshot (316).jpg

Doesn't everyone save their wedding kiss for their wedding day?

(I know Jill means first kiss.)

• LOL 15

I was very impressed that Jill was nicely and appropriately dressed.  No tin man dress, no flashy gown with a modesty panel.  I wonder how she felt not being included in the wedding party.  It was nice to see that they put some effort into the reception.  No melting ice cream, apparently no stupid pranks.  This so, so much nicer than Nurie's reception.  I wonder if Jill was banned from organizing, or even helping.  It did not have that "certain touch".

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 10
11 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

I was very impressed that Jill was nicely and appropriately dressed.  No tin man dress, no flashy gown with a modesty panel.  I wonder how she felt not being included in the wedding party.  It was nice to see that they put some effort into the reception.  No melting ice cream, apparently no stupid pranks.  This so, so much nicer than Nurie's reception.  I wonder if Jill was banned from organizing, or even helping.  It did not have that "certain touch".

There were a few little stations that were Jillerized. But they were small displays, so easily ignored.

950C7FA5-83A1-40E1-B711-F5F510699759.thumb.png.be2335ec362cd021779ee2357dc57b1f.png

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I thought she said that he prefers brunettes. Jill does what Jill wants. 

Blonde hides the grey better.   Because she wants everyone to believe she can be mistaken for her daughters' sister not mother.

Also they went to the NICE Olive Garden fir dinner but then got dessert at Burger King?  Guess they  spent all the gift card for dinner and didn't want to actually pay for dessert.

• LOL 21
5 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I wonder how Kaylee managed to keep her mother out of her wedding party. That can't have been easy and Jill doesn't take no for an answer.

I think it’s as simple is Jillpm doesn’t care about (andKaylee), Nuire has always been her very clear favorite. She was too busy with the grifting and her trips to be involved in the details. I also  think a lot of the things were donated or given to her from people in the church who were previously married (I think reusing wedding decor is great!) and Jillpm likes free. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 5
24 minutes ago, Trillium said:

think it’s as simple is Jillpm doesn’t care about (andKaylee)

Pretty sure this is the reason.   She didn't care enough to make it about her.   She figured no one would pay attention to Kaylee getting married because SHE doesn't pay attention to Kaylee.   If no one is paying attention, there is no point in making yourself the center of attention.    

And now she is all sulking because it was a success and people liked it and are talking about Kaylee and not her.

• Like 7
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, merylinkid said:

If he is making around $20/hr, that is close to 40K a year.   Which for a young couple starting out in rural Ohio is probably decent enough.   I don't know how expensive the area they are is, but it doesn't sound like they will be hurting if they budget properly.   Of course, Kaylee has no clue how to do that.   

They can live a modestly middle class life in that part of Ohio on that income.  As far as Kaylee being able to budget; it depends on how she now sees her status, I think.  Old Kaylee is used to getting the leftovers, to fasting so the younger kids can have more, wearing ill fitting hand-me-downs from Goodwill.  She has never been allowed to even think of spending much on herself.  If she continues in that vein, she should have no trouble living within their means.

However, if Kaylee now sees herself as a new person, the mistress of the household, just like BME, except not nearly as wonderful; she is going to be spending on herself lavishly.  She's never had access to any significant amount of money herself, but was raised since birth to believe that her mother deserved every fine thing; new ugly clothes, new cheap jewelry and shoes, all the hair and makeup products out there.  Not to mention the closet full of stuffed animals.  If Kaylee thinks she is now on Jill's path; there is going to be trouble with budgeting.  Kaylee learned her algebra-math from BME, so I doubt she can balance a checkbook, let alone add and subtract in her head while shopping to stay on track.  She also has only been a bystander at Mama's griftmania episodes and likely doesn't really understand how to start begging strangers for stuff.  There's also the possibility that BME will see her as competition and demand that a cut go to her.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 12
51 minutes ago, Notabug said:

However, if Kaylee now sees herself as a new person, the mistress of the household, just like BME, except not nearly as wonderful; she is going to be spending on herself lavishly.  She's never had access to any significant amount of money herself, but was raised since birth to believe that her mother deserved every fine thing; new ugly clothes, new cheap jewelry and shoes, all the hair and makeup products out there.  Not to mention the closet full of stuffed animals.  If Kaylee thinks she is now on Jill's path; there is going to be trouble with budgeting.  Kaylee learned her algebra-math from BME, so I doubt she can balance a checkbook, let alone add and subtract in her head while shopping to stay on track.  She also has only been a bystander at Mama's griftmania episodes and likely doesn't really understand how to start begging strangers for stuff.  There's also the possibility that BME will see her as competition and demand that a cut go to her.

I don’t think any of the Rodlets have the ability to think of themselves as individuals, or have any thoughts that do not align with BME & DBD. 

• Sad 17
33 minutes ago, SMama said:

I don’t think any of the Rodlets have the ability to think of themselves as individuals, or have any thoughts that do not align with BME & DBD. 

That is why we'll always be hoping, probably in vain, for the one who breaks away.

• Like 3
  • Sad 6
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Screenshot (316).jpg

It was a gift for Kaylee and Renee for their parents to lecture them about their sex lives?

• Mind Blown 6
  • LOL 14
  • Love 2

Well, I've seen far worse pics of the Rods. David's facial expression might just be a smile. Jon looks about 14 (awkward pose and pants are too long) and Renee's modestly high-necked dress pulls a lot of attention to the Nike! area (Modestly immodest fundie dresses always crack me up). 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Turquoise said:

Why did no one help Kaylee adjust her headpiece? It looks like it's sliding off in a lot of the pictures.

There was a photographer for this wedding. She should have adjusted Kaylee's headband. Things like that are part of the job. 

• Like 8
  • Love 9

I'm still baffled as to why these Fundie men continue to buy/rent pants that are comically too long when they can figure it out when buying jeans and khakis.  They can get it right for everyday pants, but when it comes to suits they insist upon getting the inseam of a man 6 inches taller.  Those pants Jonathan is wearing have got to have at least a 36 inch inseam maybe even a 38.  That's the average inseam for a man who's 6'4" to 6'6".

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
33 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

I wonder if Kay was wearing flip flops under the wedding dress 

In one brief shot, it looks as if she's wearing white satin ballerina flats.

But speaking of shoes, I hope Jonathan didn't pay a lot for those white shoes he wore. He's going to have to be in a lot of formal weddings to get his money back on that purchase. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
23 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

In one brief shot, it looks as if she's wearing white satin ballerina flats.

But speaking of shoes, I hope Jonathan didn't pay a lot for those white shoes he wore. He's going to have to be in a lot of formal weddings to get his money back on that purchase. 

Not just formal weddings, but formal weddings where the groomsmen wear white.  Even at his own wedding, he was the only one in white pants and shoes.

Someone should've done Kaylee a favor and adjusted her headpiece, fixed her hair before they took formal pictures.  Surely BME had a pocket mirror or there was a restroom where she could've seen for herself that things were askew and remedied the situation prior to the big photo op.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I'm still baffled as to why these Fundie men continue to buy/rent pants that are comically too long when they can figure it out when buying jeans and khakis.  They can get it right for everyday pants, but when it comes to suits they insist upon getting the inseam of a man 6 inches taller.  Those pants Jonathan is wearing have got to have at least a 36 inch inseam maybe even a 38.  That's the average inseam for a man who's 6'4" to 6'6".

Jonathan’s whole look is absolutely hideous. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7
38 minutes ago, Notabug said:

Not just formal weddings, but formal weddings where the groomsmen wear white.  Even at his own wedding, he was the only one in white pants and shoes.

Someone should've done Kaylee a favor and adjusted her headpiece, fixed her hair before they took formal pictures.  Surely BME had a pocket mirror or there was a restroom where she could've seen for herself that things were askew and remedied the situation prior to the big photo op.

BME was sulking because she wasn’t in charge.  She certainly wasn’t going to do Kaylee any favors.  It’s pathetic that she posted probably 50 pictures of Nurie’s wedding but has only posted 2 of Kaylee’s.  BME is a Level 10 BITCH.

• Like 11
  • Sad 1
  • Love 9
43 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

BME was sulking because she wasn’t in charge.  She certainly wasn’t going to do Kaylee any favors.  It’s pathetic that she posted probably 50 pictures of Nurie’s wedding but has only posted 2 of Kaylee’s.  BME is a Level 10 BITCH.

I wish we could get the lowdown on the situation.  I find it hard to believe that BME didn't make numerous 'suggestions' designed to place herself front and center at the wedding celebration and was apparently rejected.  If so, go Kaylee!   

There is no possibility IMO that Jilly didn't strongly hint that it would be wonderful if another daughter had her as matron of honor.  I expect Jill was hoping that all of her daughters, and maybe her sons, too, would give her a prime position in the wedding aside from MOB.  Then, Jill not only just celebrated a milestone wedding anniversary and also had a birthday.  I don't see how she could've restrained herself from trying to get Kaylee and Jonathan to share their wedding with her and celebrate her milestones, too.   Nurie is definitely her favorite kid, but there is no way that Jill doesn't expect to exploit all her kids, even the lesser ones, in order to get the spotlight for herself.

I hope this sets a precedent for the other kids and also hope that, at some point, Kaylee and maybe Jonathan, sat Jill down and explained how it will be.

• Love 9

My bet is Kaylee only had a little bit more say in the wedding preparations as Jill. Her mother-in-law probably had no plans to let her son's wedding turn into the JillRod show and said things like "No, sweetie, it would be much better for Nurie to be your Matron of Honor than your mother." and "Don't worry about decorating the barn, they take care of that."  Jill got one little corner for a stupid sign and a cookie tray, plus the Rodlets probably put together the celery plates.

• Like 8
  • Love 3
19 minutes ago, Nysha said:

My bet is Kaylee only had a little bit more say in the wedding preparations as Jill. Her mother-in-law probably had no plans to let her son's wedding turn into the JillRod show and said things like "No, sweetie, it would be much better for Nurie to be your Matron of Honor than your mother." and "Don't worry about decorating the barn, they take care of that."  Jill got one little corner for a stupid sign and a cookie tray, plus the Rodlets probably put together the celery plates.

I think Renee was MOH. 

But in the scheme of things, that doesn't really matter. It's considered a success because it wasn't BME.

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

I think I know why all of the fundy men have ill fitting wedding suits. 
I have a friend who works at a formal wear rental store and mosyyof the staff is female. These females measure the clients for the rental clothes. I’m pretty sure no fundy man is letting any woman near his inseam!  (Of course they should be able to HEM the damn pants…) 

Even if they went to a (male) tailor, it would be “wrong” to have another man near “that area”. 

Most of. Not mossy women!!! 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 7
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, Teriacky said:

I think I know why all of the fundy men have ill fitting wedding suits. 
I have a friend who works at a formal wear rental store and mosyyof the staff is female. These females measure the clients for the rental clothes. I’m pretty sure no fundy man is letting any woman near his inseam!  (Of course they should be able to HEM the damn pants…) 

Even if they went to a (male) tailor, it would be “wrong” to have another man near “that area”. 

Most of. Not mossy women!!! 

I agree to a point, but their everyday trousers and jeans are a more manageable and correct length. Even if they refuse to be measured at their local Men's Warehouse, the staff will ask them what's the size listed on the pants they came in wearing.  Shit, some manufacturers put the size on the outside logo.  It's not rocket science, nor are suit trousers consistently mislabeled.  And if for some reason all of their pants are missing a label with the size emblazoned on, they can see the pants are six inches too long when they try them on.    

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 6
14 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I agree to a point, but their everyday trousers and jeans are a more manageable and correct length. Even if they refuse to be measured at their local Men's Warehouse, the staff will ask them what's the size listed on the pants they came in wearing.  Shit, some manufacturers put the size on the outside logo.  It's not rocket science, nor are suit trousers consistently mislabeled.  And if for some reason all of their pants are missing a label with the size emblazoned on, they can see the pants are six inches too long when they try them on.    

One of my uncles was 5'5" tall and of hefty build.  When his son was married, he had to wear a white suite.  The rental company made sure the suit fit him well.  True, the pants legs were folded under up to his knees when hemmed, and the jacket sleeves were turned under several inches, but the suit looked "finished" and he looked great.  I can't imagine anyone in the rental business allowing their customers to walk out of their store with an ill-fitting suit.  My real puzzlement is that ALL of the grooms look messy.  Do they all go to the same tux-rental place??

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
41 minutes ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

Kelly Bates' Mom died of RSV.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CkuSoYvuEli/

12 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Wow. I heard it is getting really bad, especially in children and I would assume the elderly as well. 

Her husband died of covid over a year ago and it seems she never fully recovered from having it, which would make her even more vulnerable to RSV complications.

• Sad 13
2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Her husband died of covid over a year ago and it seems she never fully recovered from having it, which would make her even more vulnerable to RSV complications.

I posted as much in the Gil and Kelly thread. And Kelly, too little, too late regarding her IG tribute. Her mother was largely ignored, maybe because she was divorced and married three times. 

• Sad 9
  • Useful 1
7 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

However it happened that Jill wasn't the centerpiece of this wedding, I have no trouble believing she was petty enough to notice but not fix Kaylee's headpiece for the photographs. And she will probably point out the lopsided crown for laughs every time people look at Kaylee's wedding album. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 18
On 11/8/2022 at 2:36 PM, the-grey-lady said:

It was a gift for Kaylee and Renee for their parents to lecture them about their sex lives?

And in Burger King, no less!  What a memorable moment for those girls!  😱

10 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Jonathan’s whole look is absolutely hideous. 

I’m so glad I’m not the only one who thinks this!  It looks so baggy and clown like!  

• Like 7
  • Sad 2
13 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Back to Kelly Bates' mother for a sec. I just read her obituary, and she wasn't married 3 times. She was married FOUR! 

I'm sure she was made an example of in Gil's holier than thou household as the kids were growing up. 

Didn’t KJ live with her dad when her parents got divorced? And her siblings stayed with her mom? I forget the actual explanation but maybe KJ blamed her mom for the divorce. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Jill is wearing a mannish hat. How is it okay for her and not for others.

9D6BDF41-BAA8-40A1-9842-DC3B74ED5E47.jpeg

She at least needs to call this hat a bonnet - just like the way she feminizes sweatshirts by calling them blouses.

• LOL 20
  • Love 1