Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

If they could at least masturbate that would be a release of some tension! 

I can't believe we got all these new reaction emojis and they didn't include a brain bleach one.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 19
8 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Interesting.... wasn't there a post on how David never seems to hug his kids? ANd now this? 

AS for Kaylee, nothing wrong with faith but what a boring life. God and babies..... as for the man of her dreams.... sure. 

And not just babies but A BUNCH of babies. 🙄

• Sad 9
(edited)
11 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

And not just babies but A BUNCH of babies. 🙄

I feel there should be more to life than just what these people have. You can have your faith but enjoy life. Go to an art museum, the zoo, travel and see the world, enjoy a fine glass of wine. The kids should be playing with friends, being silly.... these people spend all their lives in church. Even the little ones. 

FFS, I think even the Pope has more fun than these people! 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 6
  • Love 14
40 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Tim has his own space now. . . 

I’m sure one of the 100 Rod relatives pops unannounced all the time. Doubt he is even in there alone. I bet one of his brothers lives with him in the van.

• Like 2
  • Sad 5
6 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

"Man of her dreams?" She is marrying the only male that ever spoke to her that is not related to her. And I thought her "dream" was to live on a farm?

The farm life was her dream, until BME told her it wasn’t.

• Sad 16
3 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Read what Debi Pearl said. That sent shivers down my spine. Imagine her definition of a godly man and she complimented Dave… 

Those poor poor kids.

2E47508B-9B1B-4B7B-8EF7-2D41C2568E5E.jpeg

We need a barf emoji! 

• Like 2
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Sweet baby Jesause look what someone did! It’s so deliciously hilarious! 

How is it possible that Hunk looks BETTER in a parody of himself in which he should look worse??? OMG!!  😄

• LOL 16
1 hour ago, lascuba said:

I can't believe we got all these new reaction emojis and they didn't include a brain bleach one.

When I first saw the mind blown emoji, I thought it was brain bleach. 

Regarding Jill Rod’s post praising David, It’s over the top like all things JRod, but I think it is interesting that she has posted at least 2 of these this week, yet her kids didn’t  even “borrow” her phone to make their own over-the-top posts for David’s 50th birthday this past Sunday. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 9
12 minutes ago, EVS said:

When I first saw the mind blown emoji, I thought it was brain bleach. 

Regarding Jill Rod’s post praising David, It’s over the top like all things JRod, but I think it is interesting that she has posted at least 2 of these this week, yet her kids didn’t  even “borrow” her phone to make their own over-the-top posts for David’s 50th birthday this past Sunday. 

Give the "kids" time. Jill's been busy with grifting and cowbells at the "old fashion revival." 

To Debi Pearl: David is not one of the "good godly men [still] standing." He's usually sitting and stuffing his face or lying in his recliner and snoring. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 15
  • Love 4
Just now, BradandJanet said:

Give the "kids" time. Jill's been busy with grifting and cowbells at the "old fashion revival." 

To Debi Pearl: David is not one of the "good godly men [still] standing." He's usually sitting and stuffing his face or lying in his recliner and snoring. 

And watching his map 🤪

• LOL 17

I'm really curious to see what will happen with Jilldo's SM relationship to Rod Boy 2. So far, it seems like she's recreating the Timcel narrative: a weirdly specific missionary dream (to do things that really aren't needed by any organization with sense), leaving the "family band", grifting for college money, vague posts about finding a job, many compliments from Mama about overall Godliness. I'm wondering if a) RB2 will cut it (his school seems less reputable than Moody, and I wouldn't think Moody has super high standards) and b) whether Mama will keep fawning over him or if he'll just sort of fade away to the trailer like big bro. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 8

Just watched a story on Carlin’s Instagram. She says she’s had episodes every day. She also said she’s on seizure meds but will come off them next week. After that week passes, she’ll be doing the home EEG.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 3
(edited)

I think back to when I was little. I think back to my teens years. I think back to my young adult life. These memories are filled with imagination, with hopes and dreams, with excitement and adventure and yes, with mistakes.

What do these Rod kids think of when they're falling asleep, or going for walks? What to they look forward to each day?

No show & tell, no neighborhood capture the flag, no sleep overs at friends, no butterflies at a school dance, no living with friends, no road trips with friends...

Their lives are filled with fear and hate and they have no idea what fun and love is out in the real world.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Hugs 1
  • Sad 25
  • Applause 3
  • Love 5
(edited)

From a jilly rant in 2016 we can see exactly what jill expects of phillp attending bible college. Living at home, I expect he will be grilled by jill every night about his time at bible college. He is not going have a second of the little bit of freedom timbits had.

"I guess I’m tired.  I’m tired of being (many times) the very rare minority that takes a stand.  Of course, we are NO better than anyone else……..just rather willing to be conservative in our standards.  Our children have seen what is out there in the way of “mate material”, and it makes them wonder, “Mama, will we find that godly mate that I am looking for?” (YES, God is able when we trust in Him – so put your worries to rest).

I am truly thankful for how young people have a desire to serve the Lord and many times head off to Bible college.  Maybe even some of our children will do that.  However, what worries me, is they think THAT is what makes them spiritual.  Yielding to CHRIST, is what makes us spiritual, and if Bible College is in that equation to learn more about the Word of God (and not to flirt with the opposite gender and have an independent, expensive social life), then great!"

https://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/?p=2709

Edited by crazy8s
  • Mind Blown 5
  • Sad 12
  • Fire 1
  • Thanks 2
49 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

and not to flirt with the opposite gender and have an independent, expensive social life

I love how she decides a social life is automatically expensive.   Well, I guess in her world where there is no money for things like FOOD for the children, even going to McDonald's is an expensive social life.   

• Sad 13
(edited)
5 hours ago, merylinkid said:

I love how she decides a social life is automatically expensive.   Well, I guess in her world where there is no money for things like FOOD for the children, even going to McDonald's is an expensive social life.   

right?  maybe phiilip could ask a girl out, stop at the dollar store for a pack of hot dogs, buns, a bag a chips and some inflatable swim rings and have a date a the storm run off site for like, what $6??  The whole rod clan and a dingus had that outing for around $20

Edited by crazy8s
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL 9

Heck walks in the park are FREE.   Maybe buy a soda if you really feeling spendy.   But that would involve, you know, being around people OTHER than family and Jilly can't have that.

• Like 3
  • Sad 4
  • Love 5
40 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

I think Jill was trying to say that paying the tuition to go to bible college in order to have a social life is expensive. But that expense is okay if one is attending bible college for Jill-approved reasons. 

• Useful 1
47 minutes ago, Triple P said:

I think Jill was trying to say that paying the tuition to go to bible college in order to have a social life is expensive. But that expense is okay if one is attending bible college for Jill-approved reasons. 

i might think that except that she included independent. So in 2016, when her oldest child was 17, she had her children worried about finding suitable mates for marriage and was laying more groundwork to squash any thoughts of independence. while also being sure they had no means of funding for any further education or any social life.

The talk of Phillip dreaming of being a missionary to Hungary has been talked about for years, but he has not been allowed to work to save for that, or a vehicle, or anything. Just as Tim was set up to fail with no money saved for pilot school.

• Sad 13
  • Love 5

Not only does Jill not trust her children, she doesn't trust God either. Jill wants total control.

https://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/?p=2709 is a terrifying insight into Jill and her little army for Christ. The woman is a control-freak fanatic. She describes one of her late-night rages, where she stumbles upon something on the Internet (!) that causes her to gather her kids so she can rant into the night about sin and hell. I believe the Reddit AMA babysitter mentioned these episodes. 

Bible college will be a good experience for Phillip for the time he's there. However, Jill will fix things so that time is as short as possible. Then, as we know, she will find other people to blame. 

I send my best wishes to the faculty and staff of Massillon Baptist Bible College. They'd better dust off their full armor of God. 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 25
On 6/3/2022 at 11:05 AM, iwantcookies said:

The sons aren’t lookers either. They are better looking than dad but that’s it.

Well, dad ended up with Jill who was pretty young, so there's hope for the boys? 🤷‍♀️

(edited)
On 6/3/2022 at 3:01 PM, libgirl2 said:

I feel there should be more to life than just what these people have. You can have your faith but enjoy life. Go to an art museum, the zoo, travel and see the world, enjoy a fine glass of wine. The kids should be playing with friends, being silly.... these people spend all their lives in church. Even the little ones. 

FFS, I think even the Pope has more fun than these people! 

Ahem. The Pope is an EVIL Catholic, so of course he engages in evil things like socializing and enjoying food and having clothes in good repair and that fit.

7 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Almost all of us have had to live a social life that had to be inexpensive at some point. Going to a park, free concerts, cheap food, checking out an art museum, second-run movies, and so many more things are inexpensive but good ways of enjoying the company of others and getting to know potential spouses.

Interesting phrasing from her "I Yelled At My CHildren!" post on her website: 

I surrendered my life to the Lord at 12 yrs. old for full-time service to Him.  However, for the next 27 years of my life, I grew up, got married, and I had baby after baby.  

at this point she ends up describing all her childbearing and rearing (barfing kids, poopy diapers, etc). Her 'however' sure would seem to indicate that her full-time service was somehow INTERRUPTED by getting married and having oodles of kids. . . rather than the "godly service" she claims that motherhood is. <rolls eyes> Chicky, if you WANTED to go into full-time service and NOT be a mother, you could have done that! Instead she married Shrek and had 13 kids (and 5 TRAGIC SEVERE miscarriages). Her choice!

Edited by LilJen
  • Like 1
  • Love 13
(edited)
On 6/2/2022 at 11:07 AM, tabloidlover said:

I’ve been hoping for the eye roll 🙄 emoji.

How am I supposed to respond properly to posts about Jill Rodrigues without an eye roll emoji?

Edited by the-grey-lady
  • Thanks 8
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Nysha said:

Well, dad ended up with Jill who was pretty young, so there's hope for the boys? 🤷‍♀️

I hope the boys don’t end up with women like Jill.

• Like 3
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Cinnabon said:

I hope the boys don’t end up with women like Jill.

Jill herself will make sure that this won’t happen. The boys can’t marry without her permission and she’ll only pick girls who are quiet, timid and easy to bully.

• Like 2
  • Sad 12
  • Applause 1
9 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

Gee, I'm amazed she could find the time with her busy schedule of doing nothing. 

I think the only reason she was in Nashville was because of Lawson’s show. If Carlin’s in-laws lived somewhere else Carlin would still be waiting on a visit from KJ.

• Like 3
  • Sad 10
  • Love 1