Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Happy bday ddawg! I will never forget you dressed like this.

Hide contents
  Reveal spoiler

20C1478C-E640-4625-9A91-4EACB9C26FAF.jpeg

What the hell? It looks like he is wearing leggings or tights.

• LOL 8
23 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

What the hell? It looks like he is wearing leggings or tights.

This is a photo from a few months ago.  I believe they're sweatpants, but they're so tight they look like leggings, awful ugly leggings.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
(edited)
5 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

This is a photo from a few months ago.  I believe they're sweatpants, but they're so tight they look like leggings, awful ugly leggings.

The picture is from their Texas vacation last summer at Anna's sister's vacation house. 

Sidenote: Jill posted a couple months ago looking for a CHEAP (read FREE) vacation spot for this summer. I think we can assume Rebekah won't be inviting them back. 😂

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • LOL 8
  • Love 8
(edited)

She also posted the poster from the Old FASHION tent revival they attended last week. She seems to be making up for lost WiFi time. 

And the picture of the Rod family is almost four years old. Janessa is a baby. 

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Love 2

Apparently Gabe only has two brothers instead of three, and Jill is a lying liar who lies. And doesn't proofread or looks over anything before she posts.

• Love 14
6 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Of course Gabriel chose his brothers. He doesn't have any friends.

Exactly. She posted this same thing when one of the other Rod boys had a birthday and he “chose” his brother as well. I think it was Sammer’s birthday and he chose Phillip or vice versa. No one chooses Timcel.

• Love 6
(edited)

Oh FFS. She filters her selfies to hell and back, but can’t be bothered to flip them over from mirror view to allow people to read the words on the bottle she’s hawking. 

Edited by Jeeves
Grammar. It's a thing.
  • LOL 16
  • Love 1

Timbits used to accompany Nurie back in the day, always looked like a double date with BME and GWE. Plus Timbits works 100 hours a week. I don’t think the Rodlets are allowed any sweet friends on their birthday excursions, the choices are limited to siblings. Very sad.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

Oh FFS. She filters her selfies to hell and back, but can’t be bothered to flip them over from mirror view to allow people to read the words on the bottle she’s hawking. 

Oddly, the inability to flip an image or video in order to sell a product is not a hindrance to many influencers.  I'm guessing brands don't really mind because flipping the image so people can read makes the image/video feel produced instead of off-the-cuff.  People with millions of followers do this all the time.  We are just supposed to be able to read backwards.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I think Philip and Samuel are closer in age to Gabriel, so I kind of get why he may select them, but yeah, it seems like those three are closer to each other than any of them are to Timothy.

• Love 3

I guess these fake birthday traditions are Jill’s version of the messy Duggar sundae. I wonder why she never invites any of those gun-totin’, totally non-“sissy” good ol’ boys to these things. 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, charmed1 said:

Exactly. She posted this same thing when one of the other Rod boys had a birthday and he “chose” his brother as well. I think it was Sammer’s birthday and he chose Phillip or vice versa. No one chooses Timcel.

I've been meaning to ask...what gave rise to "Timcel?"

He may as well be locked in a cell.  Having those loony-tunes for parents, how awful.

(edited)
19 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I've been meaning to ask...what gave rise to "Timcel?"

He may as well be locked in a cell.  Having those loony-tunes for parents, how awful.

It was born of those misogynistic rants Tim posts on YouTube chastising women for their ungodly clothing. Basically telling women that no man will want them if they’re not dressing to “honor god” 🙄. Typical incel-speak (incel=involuntarily celibate) just tied up in a fundie bow.

Edited by charmed1
  • Love 16

I believe the actual word incel is a portemanteau of involuntarily celibate. But they are a big online menace who feel women owe them attention and sex and that feminism ruined their lives etc. The person who went on a rampage in Toronto a few years back self-identified as an incel. While I don't Tim adheres to the entire philosophy, the rage and the view of women lines up.

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, charmed1 said:

It was born of those misogynistic rants Tim posts on YouTube chastising women for their ungodly clothing. Basically telling women that no man will want them if they’re not dressing to “honor god” 🙄. Typical incel-speak (incel=involuntarily celibate) just tied up in a fundie bow.

3 hours ago, frenchtoast said:

I believe the actual word incel is a portemanteau of involuntarily celibate. But they are a big online menace who feel women owe them attention and sex and that feminism ruined their lives etc. The person who went on a rampage in Toronto a few years back self-identified as an incel. While I don't Tim adheres to the entire philosophy, the rage and the view of women lines up.

Thank you both!  I have never heard of incel.  Sounds right up the Rod's alley.  Ugh!

• Love 6
15 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Didn’t Jill say she doesn’t post on Sunday? Liar liar 🤥 lolz.

She may not post, but she's surely taking pictures, filtering them, captioning them, and getting them ready to dump onto her unsuspecting followers Monday through Saturday.

15 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

1A68F88F-8A7F-408C-A53A-0A3E54435D4A.jpeg

Haha, never mind...."Jill Doesn't Post on Sunday: Part Two - The Evidence."

And how does she know she loves Pastor Spurgeon's Spurlock's preaching when she's so busy capturing him in photos every time he opens his mouth?

• LOL 16
8 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Timbits used to accompany Nurie back in the day, always looked like a double date with BME and GWE. Plus Timbits works 100 hours a week. I don’t think the Rodlets are allowed any sweet friends on their birthday excursions, the choices are limited to siblings. Very sad.

Timothy's special friend was his grandfather. Those poor children have never had real friends. It makes me wonder how Nurie is doing being a pastor's wife and having to socialize with so many people.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

Someone in one of the FB groups I follow posted this and I actually snorted out loud, and liquid may or may not have come out of my nose. I want to be their new BFF.

285382698_10159654273175781_4030904080810980443_n.jpg

The guy in the middle looks like Lawson!

• LOL 10
15 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

The guy in the middle looks like Lawson!

It is! Someone took his wedding picture with his groomsmen and photoshopped it into a joke boy band album cover. This is his actual honest-to-god wedding photo!

• LOL 23
21 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Looks like he’s missing a leg!

933C8F0A-C9D0-43F5-A965-07813D64A8B8.jpeg

Jilly had better clarify this pose… he might be kneeling for BAD UNPATRIOTIC reasons…

• LOL 16

I know this isn't nice and that looks aren't everything, but Jill, you keep calling your boys handsome and precious and sweet.  Sorry, but I don't think any of your malnourished brood is good looking.  The one girl who was pictured in a new red and white outfit the other week is cute, but I think all of your kids look too much like your "hunk" to be considered attractive.  The two youngest always remind me of the scene in the George C. Scott version of "A Christmas Carol" where the ghost of Christmas present (I think, not sure which ghost) whips open his robe to show two skinny little waifs.  

The Duggar boys are not attractive, but at least they don't look skeletal.  Most of the girls are very pretty, though.

Since I watched your boys singing a song that sounds like one taught in elementary age Sunday School, I keep waking up with "Can He, Could He, Would He" stuck in my head.  I cannot believe the leg-humpers think this is wonderful.  They were not harmonizing at all.  As a matter of fact, I wasn't even sure they were all singing the same song.

Now we have you posting about the boys remaining PURE until marriage.  Cannot tell you how much that grosses me out.  Is nothing private?  Where are the limits?  I can't imagine talking to several almost grown young men about this.  I had boyfriends while in high school, and yes, even KISSED them (gasp!)  and didn't ruin my life doing so.

As for your boys being "best friends" with their brothers, what choice do they have?  Like the Duggar girls Boob-approved marriages, where they all married their "best friend" that they knew only for several months, never spending time alone, or even talking alone, the whole thing makes me sad.  Do any of these kids ever get to have real friends?  Have they ever gone to the movies, gone out for pizza, bowling, to a football game?  Hung out after school at a friends house?  Gone shopping or just hung out at the mall?  Gone to a birthday party, a dance, or a sleepover?  Played on a sports team?  NORMAL stuff like that.

Grifting and reproducing.  Not a lot to look forward to.

• Love 16

Poor Gabe not only lost a leg, his missing left foot seems to be tacked onto his right leg at a painful angle. 

However this misfortune happened, Best Momma and Photoshop Expert Jill, we need you to have a tacky funeral with a cake for POOR Gabe's SEVERELY DEAD legs! I think you already have a poem you can read with just a few changes. You might as well throw in some bible verses about purity. Get yourself a manicure and new extensions for the occasion too. 

• LOL 14
(edited)
5 hours ago, Nysha said:

Timothy's special friend was his grandfather. Those poor children have never had real friends. It makes me wonder how Nurie is doing being a pastor's wife and having to socialize with so many people.

She’s probably handling it better than Jessa, lol.

5 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

It is! Someone took his wedding picture with his groomsmen and photoshopped it into a joke boy band album cover. This is his actual honest-to-god wedding photo!

Those damn hands in their pockets, ugh. Only slightly less douchey than the arms folded pose.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

Are all of the other guys Lawson’s brothers?

10 minutes ago, Turquoise said:

"Preparation for saving for college"...isn't he supposed to start in a couple months? You should have already saved and made deposits by now, Jilly. I know you're expecting someone to announce they will sponsor your waif, but you're cutting it close.

No kidding. I suppose he's been purposing to prepare to save for college. And now he's at the preparing to save stage? (I'm not fluent in fundie-speak. I think "purposing to" means "intending to." If I'm incorrect, pls let me know. It won't burden my heart with shame.)

All the while JillR is grifting like crazy in search of someone to give the guy a car and pay his way through Bible College. Has she put up any GoFundMe appeals since the infamous one that followed Nurie's and Not-Nurie's car wreck? (The one that Nurie in her hostage video called something like a "Go to me funds" although allegedly Nurie had created the GFM appeal.)

I wonder if by this time next year we'll have seen a repeat of Jill going ballistic on social media over the college's unfair! billing! for his tuition and fees. Like she did when Tim was at Moody Aviation college. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 12

Why is Jill dangling the prospect of college in front of another kid when everyone knows she'll yank him out of there the minute she senses persecution in any form - and then he'll join Tim in the RV of the Shunned, parked in the creepy backyard where roadside junk goes to die, to live out his days?  It's like she enjoys handing her boys a tiny taste of freedom but the second they start to enjoy it, it's all over.  They can't win.  They either start to adapt to the real world and then Jill will lose her mind and force them to move back home, or they follow BME's teachings and wonder why everyone at school gives them such a wide berth.

Wonder if any of these kids will figure out a way to escape, or if they even understand that a better life is possible. :(

• Love 10