Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

I just knew when Jill was blathering about canoeing being hysterical, that that meant she had laughed at someone's misfortune at falling in the water. I was kind of relieved that it was GWE. I hate to think of her laughing at one of her kids, once again in dripping street clothes after a fall in the water. Can you imagine if it was JillR who fell in? No laughter allowed! BME could have SEVERELY injured herself!

• Love 18
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

Phillip is 18? 

79F9A016-A396-443D-B05B-4CA1CE9BBCE1.jpeg

18C4D908-386A-4C70-AF66-CA803CE8415B.jpeg

Um....so this poem has actual punctuation and is fairly lucid with unique phrasing and imaginative descriptions.  How did this come from a Rodrigues kid?  I'm not saying it's Shakespeare or anything, but either Phillip has an untapped gift for words or he copied it from somewhere.  Typically people who write fairly well also read a lot, and I don't see much of that happening in the JillRod homeschool program.  

Basically, this confuses me.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
Just now, farmgal4 said:

O.M.G.  I’ll have nightmares from listening to him read that.  His voice is beyond creepy. 

I didn't even realize there was sound....thank you for the warning. 😳

• Love 5
51 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

"Nudeness in her very soul" - is that some sort of Bible-speak, or is that another Fundy preoccupied with with the female figure?

It's no Bible-speak that I can figure out. I think he has found some old National Geographic magazines. 

• LOL 19

Replace “Nudeness” with Nakedness. It doesn’t only refer to not being clothed. It’s a person’s spiritual “condition” being exposed. Guilt, sin….. 

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 7
1 hour ago, BetyBee said:

I just knew when Jill was blathering about canoeing being hysterical, that that meant she had laughed at someone's misfortune at falling in the water. I was kind of relieved that it was GWE. I hate to think of her laughing at one of her kids, once again in dripping street clothes after a fall in the water. Can you imagine if it was JillR who fell in? No laughter allowed! BME could have SEVERELY injured herself!

Having been married to a narcissist at one point in my life, I would be willing to wager that this "error" will be brought up over and over and over again. "Joking", of course.
It looks like he might be trying to dry his phone in the picture. That would upset a lot of people. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 9

not a life jacket in sight...sigh.

in one of the videos best mama and her man laugh at the girls being unable to steer the canoe and going sideways. i wonder if the girls were allowed to laugh at daddy when his fat ass fell in the water, phone and all.

Edited by crazy8s
  • LOL 4
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

O.M.G.  I’ll have nightmares from listening to him read that.  His voice is beyond creepy. 

I didn’t realize he read it until you pointed it out. He sounds like a serial killer. Holly meatball. I’m going to have nightmares.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

"Nudeness in her very soul" - is that some sort of Bible-speak, or is that another Fundy preoccupied with with the female figure?

My guess is that the Rodlets are taught that Africa is filled with people living in mud huts and women walk around topless. That was the image given to me when I went to xtian school from 6th-8th. I was shocked when I found out Africa had nations, cities, and women wearing modern clothing. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 8

The thing is, Nurie and GWE traveled to Africa on a two week missioncation a few years back. I forget which country it was, but they were certainly aware that this place existed IN Africa. I bet Jill even had a map, much like the one they watch now, to illustrate where they were. 😁

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

The thing is, Nurie and GWE traveled to Africa on a two week missioncation a few years back. I forget which country it was, but they were certainly aware that this place existed IN Africa. I bet Jill even had a map, much like the one they watch now, to illustrate where they were. 😁

Was that the trip where, erm, "Nurie" posted about all the "sluttish" women?

• Love 6
31 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Was that the trip where, erm, "Nurie" posted about all the "sluttish" women?

Yep, she told Jill that it was such a treat to be in Africa where the women wore traditional native dress which came nearly to the ground and didn't look 'sluttish' like American women.

• Love 5

It was, but wasn't "Nurie" complimenting the African woman on their modest non-pants and comparing them favourably to the sluttish ladies of the Americas?

Jinx, Rootbeer!

Edited by satrunrose
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Jill repeatedly said Africa - missions trip to Africa, great time winning souls in Africa, etc. she gave a one sentence mention to David meeting some great missionaries in Botswana, Africa and he felt called to go there. There is a pic of Nurie and friend in front of the Botswana flag. They took a pic of a sign saying Welcome to South Africa. I guess to the Rods that would be South Africa, Africa??🤣

https://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/?p=3380

https://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/?p=3401

eta - i was just curious after @emmawoodhouseposted and went back to look at what Jilly actually said at the time. also these old posts will bring up the Horrendous Persecution jill faced while her man was away. Van stuck in snow Twice and the killer can of veggies that attacked her finger.🤣🤣

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5

At least best beast mama ever stopped mentioning having another baby. Guess even she knows that ship has sailed. Janessa is the last victim to bme.

HUNK must float like a marshmallow in hot cocoa, homie did not sink like a rock. At least Jilldo go in a good godly laugh at the expense of her lazy headship.

Yay for vacation from ever working for a living. 

• Love 8
On 3/16/2022 at 6:59 PM, iwantcookies said:

Stay home then. Your never ending traveling/grifting is not needed. Get a real job ma and pa grifters. Actually home school the kids. What losers. Bet they set up a separate donation box just for gas $. 

These 2 piss me off too much. 

BF5C2A7B-95CA-445C-BAB8-599543293E06.jpeg

Is “diesel gas” kind of like a “pediatrician doctor”?

On 3/17/2022 at 1:03 PM, iwantcookies said:

9F8A9C67-ABF4-4C74-AC8D-73366C90347E.jpeg

Swinging over mud! What fun!

On 3/17/2022 at 1:06 PM, iwantcookies said:

Any idea how much extensions cost? How much does Jill spend on the hair and how often? 

34DE2724-0D85-4AD8-AA37-2549DC44D8CD.jpeg

634D24AF-DB90-4978-A194-65134E452484.jpeg

Joyful Noyes School Fail #3647: “liscence.”

On 3/17/2022 at 1:25 PM, BradandJanet said:

The extensions are bad, but check the nails. 

Screen Shot 2022-03-17 at 1.21.42 PM.png

But THE FACIAL EXPRESSION! I mean, I guess it’s a screen capture, but…

10 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Screenshots from videos:

8E0433D4-BD14-4DC0-9BAB-0839D1F365C3.jpeg

01EE70AC-810A-46A2-B3C2-5A7B18FE2530.jpeg

Joyful Noyes School Failure #49300: “your” is NOT the same as “you’re.”

Edited by LilJen
  • Love 9
5 minutes ago, LilJen said:

And “upstairs attic “.

I typed upstairs, and my phone added attic automatically. 😂🤣 

• LOL 17
40 minutes ago, LilJen said:

Joyful Noyes School Failure #49300: “your” is NOT the same as “you’re.”

This is a typical Joyful Noyes School Failure, but, unfortunately, it appears to be wrong on the album too. There's no way "your" makes sense. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

Yep, she told Jill that it was such a treat to be in Africa where the women wore traditional native dress which came nearly to the ground and didn't look 'sluttish' like American women.

I did not remember where the “sluttish” women were from. Africa or America? I only remember pearl clutching and sluttishness.

OMG! I forgot this was also the trip where Satan attacked JillyRod with the green bean can! It’s all coming back to me now… like PTSD.

Edited by Westiepeach
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 9
2 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

I did not remember where the “sluttish” women were from. Africa or America? I only remember pearl clutching and sluttishness.

Jill said the African women didn't dress SLUTTISH like Americans. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

76BB2707-1C32-485F-A753-48689B606AA4.jpeg

9C41E20C-6E67-4DFB-AA20-F4E9D1B56573.jpeg

how lucky Nathan was able to wake up in Kyiv with full cell phone service to receive his daily bible verse and remembered to think of the 2 guys driving that van with 5 or so boxes of supplies to one of the most dangerous cities. How lucky he got a photo op with them first....

• Love 19
5 hours ago, LilJen said:

Good thing it's relatively easy to figure out the price of a tank of "diesel gas". She won't need to ask her son to use his extensive knowledge of "algebra math".

• LOL 18
3 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

Nathan Bates is starting to look like he is 50.

I hear that missionaries have shown up to teach the fleeing Ukranian about the correct Jesus.

Starting? 😏 He also looks like someone squashed the top and bottom of his face together like a bulldog's. I wouldn't be surprised to hear him bark. 

• LOL 19
  • Love 4

I just watched the Rods canoe videos again, and I realized that they actually seem like a semi-normal family in those videos.  I would’ve also laughed my ass off when Shamu fell in the river.  I hate that Jill didn’t post that video too.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, smallfry said:

Hate to tell Nathan but I do not think of "religion as spiritual rituals performed in a building with a steeple on top." Religion is accepting people as they are and not passing judgement on them because they do not think, dress, or believe as you do. Religion is not posting all over social media about all your so called good works. Religion is being kind to all people. Religion is helping others and not broadcasting it for all to see to prop yourself up. Religion is humble. You are in a cult of hate. Religion is love.

^^^^^^^^ This. ^^^^^^^ A million times this.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Nurie looks like a down-on-her-luck bar wench.

i thought with a few more props she would be off to a Renaissance Fair/festival and would fit right in costume wise

• LOL 10
  • Love 6