Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Cinnabon said:

As an MSW, that HAS been MY experience.  

That’s a shame. Perhaps there’s a way to correct that. Thankfully it’s not like that across the board, in my experience. It shouldn’t occur, of course.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

That’s a shame. Perhaps there’s a way to correct that. Thankfully it’s not like that across the board, in my experience. It shouldn’t occur, of course.

To correct what?

Edited by Cinnabon

Carlin and Evan went for an ultrasound (real office). At the end when they're in the exam room alone, Carlin pulled down her mask. Does she not get it? If she has covid she's leaving infectious germs in the room for the next pregnant woman to breath.

I mean I get that even non-assholes are over covid and over following protocols, but Carlin could at least be careful in a medical facility. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Carlin and Evan went for an ultrasound (real office). At the end when they're in the exam room alone, Carlin pulled down her mask. Does she not get it? If she has covid she's leaving infectious germs in the room for the next pregnant woman to breath.

I mean I get that even non-assholes are over covid and over following protocols, but Carlin could at least be careful in a medical facility. 

I would guess Carlin has no clue about why she should wear a mask. She wears one at the hospital and doctors office  because they won’t let her in otherwise. Plus filming for Instagram is more important.

• Love 15
25 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

I would guess Carlin has no clue about why she should wear a mask. She wears one at the hospital and doctors office  because they won’t let her in otherwise. Plus filming for Instagram is more important.

Well, bless her heart then…

• LOL 6
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Carlin pulling her mask down for a few minutes while alone with her husband in an ultrasound room is not particularly dangerous behavior. The risk of getting COVID through fomites rather than direct transmission is very low. When you factor in the fact that the medical facility is presumably cleaning the room between patients, that risk becomes negligible. 

• Love 7
11 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Anyway, if a Dingus daughter escaped a life stuck to Timcel, God has shown his mercy to the Dingus family. 

I just had to laugh at this !

• LOL 5

I had guardianship of my grandson at a time when my daughter had physical custody. I spoke with his pediatrician about alleged abuse and the doctor said that CPS will take my complaint more willingly than his. 

• Useful 5
7 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

Carlin pulling her mask down for a few minutes while alone with her husband in an ultrasound room is not particularly dangerous behavior. The risk of getting COVID through fomites rather than direct transmission is very low. When you factor in the fact that the medical facility is presumably cleaning the room between patients, that risk becomes negligible. 

Its my understanding covid can hang in the air for twenty minutes. I'm guessing there's less than 5 minutes between patients entering exam rooms. Enough time for a med assistant to pull the paper down on the table and leave the room. If the facility has a great ventilation system the risk may be negligible, but if it doesn't, and Carlin spent 5 minutes talking in that small room mask free, while infected with covid, covid is still hanging in that room. This is why we wear masks - because of what is passed in the air, not because of what lands on surfaces - that is why we wash our hands.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Useful 1
  • Love 16

The Rods usually end up in Florida sometime in February (wonder why?) but JillyBean hasn’t said anything about it yet. She’s often wonky with her timelines and posts, but it’s almost a guarantee she’ll be in Florida sooner or later in the winter months. Poor Nemo hasn’t seen BME in at least a month!

• Love 3

Pet hair and lint on clothes skeeves me out probably more than the average person. Josie Bates bought (grifted?) a large area rug that kind of looks like a chunky knitted blanket. Ever since they bought it, the whole family has been covered in white lint. While they're cooking, hugging/holding babies, pacifiers, driving, eating, etc. I can't imagine their newborn playing on this rug of lint -EWW.

I don't know if more frequent vacuuming would solve the problem, but ick, they need to do something.

Adding a pic: image.png.dfd3d6597c7e3d9c3d8fe3e7865b60c0.png

Edited by GeeGolly
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
28 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

The Rods usually end up in Florida sometime in February (wonder why?) but JillyBean hasn’t said anything about it yet. She’s often wonky with her timelines and posts, but it’s almost a guarantee she’ll be in Florida sooner or later in the winter months. Poor Nemo hasn’t seen BME in at least a month!

Yep. It's time to load the stink van and sing their way to Florida. I hope Nathan has some savings from his lawn business because feeding and entertaining Jill and David can get expensive, and even more so when Jill decides the kids are allowed to eat too.

• Love 1

Pet hair and lint on clothes skeeves me out probably more than the average person. Josie Bates bought (grifted?) a large area rug that kind of looks like a chunky knitted blanket. Ever since they bought it, the whole family has been covered in white lint. While they're cooking, hugging/holding babies, pacifiers, driving, eating, etc. I can't imagine their newborn playing on this rug of lint -EWW.

I don't know if more frequent vacuuming would solve the problem, but ick, they need to do something.

Funny you posted this because Josie has an IG story, Willow is her cute, chatty self. Kelton’s sweatshirt desperately needs a lint brush. 

• LOL 6

I had an area rug that shed constantly and no amount of vacuuming helped. It is now rolled up in the garage waiting to be donated, lol. Josie even had lint on her black sweater in one story where she was going to work. Balkas you need lint rollers, ASAP.

• LOL 7
1 hour ago, Cinnabon said:

I hope Timothy gets to stay home and enjoy a break from the horde. I’m sure he’ll eat better, too.

He probably won't go on this trip. It's not the family reunion, so he gets a pass.

Anyway, he's working "90-100 hours a week" at two jobs to keep the family afloat. He seems to have lost the aviation and care center jobs, so I wonder what these new ones are and whether or not he has to drive to them. 

As @Insert Username suggested, Tim is likely in exile at home. He probably doesn't spend much time with the family or get many invitations to the barndo unless he's needed for labor or Best Momma isn't angry about something. Whatever he's doing at these mystery jobs could be more satisfying than sitting in that little camper thinking about how depressing his life is and how satan is attacking him through his dog. 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

He probably won't go on this trip. It's not the family reunion, so he gets a pass.

Anyway, he's working "90-100 hours a week" at two jobs to keep the family afloat. He seems to have lost the aviation and care center jobs, so I wonder what these new ones are and whether or not he has to drive to them. 

As @Insert Username suggested, Tim is likely in exile at home. He probably doesn't spend much time with the family or get many invitations to the barndo unless he's needed for labor or Best Momma isn't angry about something. Whatever he's doing at these mystery jobs could be more satisfying than sitting in that little camper thinking about how depressing his life is and how satan is attacking him through his dog. 

I hope he finds just a little bit of piece in the solitude and respite from BME.

• Love 11
23 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

For sure, they definitely already have had DCF involved. And I don't believe for a minute the kids will be removed, but I'm guessing each time DCF comes around JillR temporarily ups her game at the very least. I'm also thinking she's had a couple of 'pending' cases with DCF, where they say check these boxes and we'll close the case before we ever open it. Like when all the kids had PCP appointments and when she started posting meals and homeschooling - she was likely scrambling to move the 'non-case' to closed.

If I had my druthers, I wish DCF would open a case and work with her for a year. Sadie and Phillip could be seen by the Child Pediatrician Doctor more often and get their nutritional needs met and maybe even the kids education would improve.

Food insecurity has increased in Ohio (and probably all 50 states) during the last 2 years due to the pandemic and other reasons. A lot of kids had been receiving both breakfast and lunch in school, and when schools were closed, many lacked sufficient food at home. Some districts made food available for students in other ways - as boxed lunches that could be picked up, for example. Some schools with many food insecure students made boxed meals available during school breaks and summers prior to the pandemic as well. 
Because the Rods homeschool, their kids miss out on these meals.

If someone called CPS to report that they thought the Rod kids weren’t getting enough to eat, a social worker would try to contact them for an interview. The Rods wouldn’t be obligated to grant an interview or let the worker see the kids. If they did, however, the social worker would offer resources, such as SNAP and food banks. I would be very surprised if the Rods were not already receiving SNAP benefits (food stamps). They would also be offered healthcare resources. I also think they’re all already on Medicaid, as we’ve seen Jill talk about some of the kids seeing doctors and dentists. Any doctor who examines an underweight child would discuss that with the parents,  but unless extreme, I highly doubt the doctor would  make a report to CPS. If the doctor found suspicious bruises or broken bones, that would obviously warrant a report. Many kids are underweight and picky eaters, and Jill has no doubt told doctors how hard it is to get some of hers to eat enough (sure, Jill). The pediatrician’s office would give Jill the same resources that CPS would - SNAP, food banks, etc.

Again, the Rods have the legal right to refuse to be interviewed by CPS. They aren’t obligated to open the door, much less allow workers to see or speak to the kids. CPS would have to get a court order to see the kids if Jill and David refused an interview.  CPS is obligated to follow up on all reports, with a few caveats, one being repeat reports for issues that have already been investigated. So if a family has already been reported by someone who suspected the kids weren’t getting enough to eat, and that issue was already investigated and the case closed, CPS doesn’t have to open a new case. They certainly could,  but are not obligated to do so. If that report came from someone who has had real, repeated contact with the family, CPS would be far more likely to reopen the case than if some random who follows Jill on SM but has never met the kids made the report. 

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I was watching Josie's most recent stories and noticed Kelton's sweatshirt was covered in lint and hair. I wondered if he'd just got off a job at a house where there were lots of cats. I didn't figure it could be there rug.

For those who don't follow Josie, her Instagram can be really entertaining. Willow is a hilarious kid and really well spoken. She'll guarantee to give you a good laugh. 

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Food insecurity has increased in Ohio (and probably all 50 states) during the last 2 years due to the pandemic and other reasons. A lot of kids had been receiving both breakfast and lunch in school, and when schools were closed, many lacked sufficient food at home. Some districts made food available for students in other ways - as boxed lunches that could be picked up, for example. Some schools with many food insecure students made boxed meals available during school breaks and summers prior to the pandemic as well. 
Because the Rods homeschool, their kids miss out on these meals.

If someone called CPS to report that they thought the Rod kids weren’t getting enough to eat, a social worker would try to contact them for an interview. The Rods wouldn’t be obligated to grant an interview or let the worker see the kids. If they did, however, the social worker would offer resources, such as SNAP and food banks. I would be very surprised if the Rods were not already receiving SNAP benefits (food stamps). They would also be offered healthcare resources. I also think they’re all already on Medicaid, as we’ve seen Jill talk about some of the kids seeing doctors and dentists. Any doctor who examines an underweight child would discuss that with the parents,  but unless extreme, I highly doubt the doctor would  make a report to CPS. If the doctor found suspicious bruises or broken bones, that would obviously warrant a report. Many kids are underweight and picky eaters, and Jill has no doubt told doctors how hard it is to get some of hers to eat enough (sure, Jill). The pediatrician’s office would give Jill the same resources that CPS would - SNAP, food banks, etc.

Again, the Rods have the legal right to refuse to be interviewed by CPS. They aren’t obligated to open the door, much less allow workers to see or speak to the kids. CPS would have to get a court order to see the kids if Jill and David refused an interview.  CPS is obligated to follow up on all reports, with a few caveats, one being repeat reports for issues that have already been investigated. So if a family has already been reported by someone who suspected the kids weren’t getting enough to eat, and that issue was already investigated and the case closed, CPS doesn’t have to open a new case. They certainly could,  but are not obligated to do so. If that report came from someone who has had real, repeated contact with the family, CPS would be far more likely to reopen the case than if some random who follows Jill on SM but has never met the kids made the report. 

I would think anyone who reported the Rods would have a lot more to report than nutritional neglect. I was just throwing out something that would be an easy improvement. Having DCF eye spy and support Jill for a year could only help, even if only in little and temporary ways.

I go back and forth thinking whether they utilize government entitlements like insurance and SNAP.

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I would think anyone who reported the Rods would have a lot more to report than nutritional neglect. I was just throwing out something that would be an easy improvement. Having DCF eye spy and support Jill for a year could only help, even if only in little and temporary ways.

I go back and forth thinking whether they utilize government entitlements like insurance and SNAP.

They don’t have the time or money to eye and spy on any family, unfortunately. The agency is underfunded and understaffed during the best of times. If a report was made and Jill and David refused an interview, CPS would have to try and get a court order to compel them to do so, and that’s not done very often.  I think they utilize SNAP and Medicaid because they can. They qualify for more than $1500 a month in food stamps, and I can’t imagine them not taking it. David and Jill wouldn’t stay so well fed without it!  And in Ohio, the application for SNAP and Medicaid is the same one. How could they afford to see any doctor or dentist without it?

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Useful 2
  • Love 10

I think the Rods are definitely on food stamps. I think the problem is Jill and David eat the majority of the haul. Jill is too selfish to meal plan, shop sales and learn how to stretch a buck. She probably buys the foods she and GWE like, and the kids get the scraps. She's also a narcissist, so I can see her getting sick pleasure from her kids watching her eat a steak, while they split packs of Ramen noodles. She really is that cruel. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

Apparently JillRod’s definition of “pretty” and mine are miles apart…

There’s no nail polish in the world that can make those ugly, fat, stubby fingers look even halfway decent.  I imagine the girls are working tirelessly on getting everyone packed for “travels” while, in the meantime, Jill is focused on the most important thing, which is Jill.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14
6 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I think the Rods are definitely on food stamps. I think the problem is Jill and David eat the majority of the haul. Jill is too selfish to meal plan, shop sales and learn how to stretch a buck. She probably buys the foods she and GWE like, and the kids get the scraps. She's also a narcissist, so I can see her getting sick pleasure from her kids watching her eat a steak, while they split packs of Ramen noodles. She really is that cruel. 

Yes, she really is that cruel.  I’ve always believed that they get a large amount of food stamp money every month, but most of that food goes into lard-ass’s mouth.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
38 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I remember that several months ago someone posted one of Jill’s Insta stories and it included a photo of her Aldi shopping cart. It did not look like she was shopping to cook meals for a large family. Most of the items in the cart were packaged convenience foods in quantities that would serve maybe 4-6 people with light appetites. They looked like snacks, not meal ingredients. 

If Jill is getting food stamps, she could feed her family quite well if she planned ahead. Three-bean chili with cornbread and a veggie, beans and rice, pasta dishes with a salad, beef or chicken stew with lots of veggies, breakfast for dinner, etc. could all be easily made for a large family out of ingredients that don’t cost much. But Jill’s clearly not cooking like that, because she and David are overweight/obese while every single child is emaciated and sickly looking.* It wouldn’t surprise me a bit if she and David had sit-down steak dinners every night while the kids are left to pick at a few plates of microwaved snacks. 

*She claims the kids are naturally thin. As a nurse I’ve seen plenty of naturally thin kids. They look healthy and athletic. The Rod kids look skeletal and pallid, with thin hair and dark circles under their eyes. These kids aren’t naturally thin, they’re malnourished.

• Useful 2
  • Love 16
3 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

I remember that several months ago someone posted one of Jill’s Insta stories and it included a photo of her Aldi shopping cart. It did not look like she was shopping to cook meals for a large family. Most of the items in the cart were packaged convenience foods in quantities that would serve maybe 4-6 people with light appetites. They looked like snacks, not meal ingredients. 

If Jill is getting food stamps, she could feed her family quite well if she planned ahead. Three-bean chili with cornbread and a veggie, beans and rice, pasta dishes with a salad, beef or chicken stew with lots of veggies, breakfast for dinner, etc. could all be easily made for a large family out of ingredients that don’t cost much. But Jill’s clearly not cooking like that, because she and David are overweight/obese while every single child is emaciated and sickly looking.* It wouldn’t surprise me a bit if she and David had sit-down steak dinners every night while the kids are left to pick at a few plates of microwaved snacks. 

*She claims the kids are naturally thin. As a nurse I’ve seen plenty of naturally thin kids. They look healthy and athletic. The Rod kids look skeletal and pallid, with thin hair and dark circles under their eyes. These kids aren’t naturally thin, they’re malnourished.

Thank you. I was thinking about this, and you explained it very well. 

Every photo of a grocery trip Jill has posted shows a cart (or two) with just a few items in it. There's usually a kid or two taking up space in the cart too. However, she always makes a point to brag about what and how much she is buying. The Duggars, at least, were filmed with four or five carts full of groceries. Granted, it was mostly processed food, but that's what the Rods buy too. Michelle had a big pantry stocked with canned and packaged food; Jill has a small pantry filled with cleaning products. 

For someone who lives on social media, Jill really doesn't get how bad she and David come across. In addition to being oblivious, she's also spoiled and lazy and does only the things she likes--Plexus, performing, vacationing, decorating, shopping, and dining out. The house servants get stuck with the rest.  

Edited by BradandJanet
  • Love 21
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

Every photo of a grocery trip Jill has posted shows a cart (or two) with just a few items in it. There's usually a kid or two taking up space in the cart too. However, she always makes a point to brag about what and how much she is buying. The Duggars, at least, were filmed with four or five carts full of groceries. Granted, it was mostly processed food, but that's what the Rods buy too. Michelle had a big pantry stocked with canned and packaged food; Jill has a small pantry filled with cleaning products. 

For someone who lives on social media, Jill really doesn't get how bad she and David come across. In addition to being oblivious, she's also spoiled and lazy and does only the things she likes--Plexus, performing, vacationing, decorating, shopping, and dining out. The house servants get stuck with the rest.  

You forgot her most favorite thing to do - pontificate on how godly she is and how the rest of us are Satan’s tools or something.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 15
57 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

agree - her cart never shows enough for 13 people. I always notice the lack of bread in the pics. Just 1 loaf of bread is usually shown. with 2 parents, 3 teenage boys and the rest of the bunch, that is not even 1 sandwich or 2 pieces of toast each. the girls are never shown baking bread, or anything else.

I grew up with not much food, but the one thing we had with every meal was bread from a bakery outlet or "homemade bread" which was the generic 5 frozen loaves of bread, that all 4 of us kids knew how to bake by age 7 or 8. Every lunch and dinner we all had 1 or 2 slices of bread with whatever skimpy meal, because it was cheap and filling. not healthy food, but we did not look skeletal  like the rod kids. 

• Love 19
4 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

She claims the kids are naturally thin. As a nurse I’ve seen plenty of naturally thin kids. They look healthy and athletic. The Rod kids look skeletal and pallid, with thin hair and dark circles under their eyes. These kids aren’t naturally thin, they’re malnourished.

Agreed. A big tell to me (as a non-medical person) is also how as soon as they leave home, they start gaining weight and looking healthier. Tim did when he went to school and Nurie did as well when she left home. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 18
4 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

I don’t like Michelle Duggar (or any of them for that matter) but I do have to give credit where credit is due. Tater tot casserole doesn’t look appealing to me but at least she figured out a way to feed a large family on a budget.  The Duggars never looked unhealthy; not even on their first special. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
3 minutes ago, awaken said:

What is with the wide-legged stance on all of the rod males?  Weird. 

A. Mama can photoshop their crotches 

B. Airing out their crotches (I doubt they are allowed to bathe regularly)

C. It makes them look manly (haha)

• LOL 10
  • Love 2