Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

In normal families if the parents are away

kids throw a party and sneak in their boyfriend/girlfriend 

imagine if Jonathan came over to spend time with Kay alone…

I hope at least one of those kids tries to do something, anything that Jill forbids while they’re gone. FFS even just watching a heathen reality show.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Maybe this hotel stay was a gift from Jill's church. It would be worth the donation to get rid of her for two days. 

Wonder if Jill bothered to leave any food for the kids at home? 

How many gifts do the other church members and their families get? The Rods must have gotten their share by now. 

2 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Or, you know, eating…

Good choice! Surely Tim has hidden a couple dollars away for snacks? It’s just not normal for so many kids not to rebel a bit when their parents are out. 

• Love 6

Anybody else trying to check arrest records for members of the Bates family. It helps to know the first names for the various Bates. Lawson and Gil are both William Bates. Nathan is Kenneth Nathan Bates. 

If you have time and not much to do, you can try it.

• Useful 6
19 hours ago, crazycatlady58 said:

They have to show how much fun they are having...such wild and crazy times.

Look at what a bottle of Coca Cola can do! No rum and coke for our godly bunch. No sireee just wholesome fun with our best friends mommy and daddy CHEAPO. 

🙄

• LOL 6
42 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

I always cringe at how quickly the girls paste a smile on and giggle when BME turns the camera on them. I shudder to think of what would happen if one of them didn't smile on command.

The fact they don’t SAY anything gets me.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I'm not watching 45 minutes of sheer hell. I have much better ways to spend my time. 

I agree, I've got paint drying on my cupboard doors that's way more interesting to watch than that video.

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, TrixieTrue said:

Genetics are a funny thing. I think the mini-Rods are nice looking kids. Some of the younger girls will be stunning. The boys could be really cute if they didn't look so underfed. 

I agree. I think most of the Rodlets would be attractive with proper clothes, a good haircut and a little meat on their bones. 

• Love 17
3 hours ago, TrixieTrue said:

It's a lot of the same photos and videos she's posted before. I skipped my way through most of it. There was a nativity play and some other stuff, none of it is worth your time. 

Genetics are a funny thing. I think the mini-Rods are nice looking kids. Some of the younger girls will be stunning. The boys could be really cute if they didn't look so underfed. The girls are victims of their mother's horrible makeup and hair. If they were left alone and got enough to eat, they would be a really nice looking family. Except for the parents. 

Jill is bat shit but a nice looking woman. She has nice features, big doe eyes and decent skin from what I could tell. I can see how she passed on good genetics to her kids. 

David is SO unfortunate looking, but I could see him coming from a family of nice looking people and the features just came together “wrong” on him. We were discussing this in The Royals thread- how Grace Kelly (a great beauty) & Prince Rainer (fine as hell even with the hair loss) produced average looking daughters and a seriously homely son. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Oh Prissy. She hasn't changed at all in 10 years. Thankfully, this video is short.

Wow Prissy and TFDW even have matching wrinkles around their eyes! She still looks pretty good, maybe being generally clueless has worked out for her.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Oh Prissy. She hasn't changed at all in 10 years. Thankfully, this video is short.

OH, @emmawoodhouse,  you misled me! It seemed as if she droned on forever and said the same thing over and over and over! And then he started! That was a LONG 3 plus minutes to me.

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

He looks like he is wearing pajamas. And omg Prissy sounds like she has marshmallow for brains. She's always been an airhead, but, wow! she sounds so out to lunch here. Like worse than usual. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Liddy52 said:

OH, @emmawoodhouse,  you misled me! It seemed as if she droned on forever and said the same thing over and over and over! And then he started! That was a LONG 3 plus minutes to me.

I made it 17 seconds. TikTok has destroyed patience for dull content. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
On 1/30/2022 at 10:38 AM, ginger90 said:

Make Your Life Count Minute with Jill.

Okay, so, bathroom + counting… my inner 8-year-old thinks “ha, ha, counting…number one, number two…” oh Jill, you have no idea the inadvertent thoughts you inspire with your Ministry of Counting in the Bathroom…

• LOL 5
10 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

IIRC wasn't a grandparent the reason that that poor baby (Anchor, Anthym? Idk I can't keep the kids names apart)even went to the hospital. She was carrying on like nothing was wrong with the baby?

I am, too, so fearful for those children. Her husband needs to get her help but doesn't seem to be interested in that.

I can't remember the full story, but yes, she did carry on like nothing was happening. Like, the kid had completely lost the ability to hold her own head up and Karissa just took her to a restaurant to eat lunch. I think you might be right that it was a grandmother at the restaurant who was like "Um what are you even doing?" 

• Love 3
On 1/28/2022 at 2:46 PM, ginger90 said:

A review of dumb ass decisions:

164CF502-5846-4540-A851-0446AFC3695F.jpeg

What a dipshit...does he know he's not the only one on the road?! 😠😠😠

From:https://www.cdc.gov/sleep/about_sleep/drowsy_driving.html#:~:text=Lack of sleep can make,as drinking too much alcohol.

"Lack of sleep can make you less alert and affect your coordination, judgement, and reaction time while driving. This is known as cognitive impairment. Studies have shown that going too long without sleep can impair your ability to drive the same way as drinking too much alcohol."

Ugh. 

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, SJC said:

I'm sure she left a couple cans of Campbell's soup.

Campbell's is too expensive to waste on kids. Store brand on sale is possible but only two cans. Maybe a loaf of week-old white bread completes the meal. 

I bet Jill loves to show the stay-at-homes photos of the go-carts, chicken wings and pizza, and the hotel. She has no ability to understand how much that might hurt the kids left at home with nothing to do but chores and nothing to eat but what the Not-Nuries can scrape up. As long as Big Momma is having fun, life is great. 

• Love 1
Just now, BradandJanet said:

Campbell's is too expensive to waste on kids.

True !

On 1/31/2022 at 8:41 PM, Nysha said:

I agree, I've got paint drying on my cupboard doors that's way more interesting to watch than that video.

I'd rather watch grass grow.

• LOL 3
59 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I bet Jill loves to show the stay-at-homes photos of the go-carts, chicken wings and pizza, and the hotel. She has no ability to understand how much that might hurt the kids left at home with nothing to do but chores and nothing to eat but what the Not-Nuries can scrape up. As long as Big Momma is having fun, life is great. 

oh but Nurie explained this to us while boasting how her great parents came up with the idea of special child of the week. When a sibling comes home with a chocolate bar and eats it in front of them, they are not jealous because it will be their special week too sometimes. Surely the same logic applies to senior trips.

https://nogreaterjoy.org/articles/ideas-love-week/

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

oh but Nurie explained this to us while boasting how her great parents came up with the idea of special child of the week. When a sibling comes home with a chocolate bar and eats it in front of them, they are not jealous because it will be their special week too sometimes. Surely the same logic applies to senior trips.

https://nogreaterjoy.org/articles/ideas-love-week/

I think BME and GWE have forgotten about child of the week, you know Jill would be mentioning it and showing the treats the three of them enjoyed. 

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

I think BME and GWE have forgotten about child of the week, you know Jill would be mentioning it and showing the treats the three of them enjoyed. 

Well, if it suddenly starts up again, we’ll know she reads here. Hi Jill!

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

i think they still do that. probably the only time they remember Olivia exists. they have pics of a random kid with them at various coffee shop or whatever.

the link for the Nurie story No Greater Joy is the Pearls - dang i looked at that today. they are apparently now advising doomsday prep.

36 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

i think they still do that. probably the only time they remember Olivia exists. they have pics of a random kid with them at various coffee shop or whatever.

the link for the Nurie story No Greater Joy is the Pearls - dang i looked at that today. they are apparently now advising doomsday prep.

There’s an Olivia?

• LOL 2
2 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

They missed her 10th birthday in January. Or at least Jill never posted anything about it. 😢

How are we supposed to know what God has in store for Olivia, if Jill doesn't post about her?

• LOL 10

olivia is left out all the time in jilly's posts. Hannah has started to be included with the older girls. so watch for her to move up when Kaylee gets married. the 3 younger waifs often appear together in pics. Olivia seems to not belong in either group.

Bold prediction - we will see a post on SM all about Olivia and how godly, precious and obedient she is - sometime this week. Isn’t JillR usually on her way to Florida to sing and share their ministry by now? Did no one invite her? Did the Kellers figure out how to prevent the Rods from mooching off them?

• Love 12
Just now, Cinnabon said:

Why did Philip graduate in mid-January? Don’t her kids usually “graduate” with a group of other homeschoolers?

This was just his senior trip not graduation. The Rods seem to go on this senior trip whenever BME needs a little playcation and time away from the Barndo.

• LOL 10
  • Love 10

watch for Samuel to take his best friend Phillip on his senior trip next year. surely Phillip, who will turn 19 this summer. and Sammers who will be 18 next fall, will still be sleeping in bunk beds in the barndo a year from now.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1