Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Look at the ceiling. You can she the sheet rock panels.

image.thumb.png.0ddfad351f9c5f5717d82f08b323fb63.png

So the storage area is behind that sheep door, correct?   It looks like they did wall off the stairs and add a door (the one by the trash bag (and by trash bag I don’t mean the not Nurie standing there 😂)).

2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

The textured paint is supposed to hide that.

I think they’re probably further along in real time. I really want to see what the “finished” renovation looks like.

I want to see where Jill fell and SEVERELY injured her knee 😂😂😂🤪🤪🤪

• LOL 6
1 hour ago, louannems said:

My old boss spent 20 years in the Marines and he weighed 134 lbs with his clothes on.  He was also 5'6" tall.  We called him little man behind his back.

I do agree that if they can pass the entrance test, the military would be so good for the Rod boys and girls.

Was it Tom Cruise? Lol little man.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm a seasoned DIYer. Between my parents' homes, siblings' homes and my own homes, I've done it all. I'm seriously going to have nightmares over these rooms.

I totally agree. Like, why is the old looking door there? It leads into a room I can literally look into! And the doors open on opposite sides. I am so confused.

ETA: I’ve done some REALLY amateur DIY in my younger years (round of applause for the sanded and freshly painted door I left outside in a wind storm.) but this shit is next level!

Edited by Enya Face
Thinking
  • LOL 11
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, Enya Face said:

I totally agree. Like, why is the old looking door there? It leads into a room I can literally look into! And the doors open on opposite sides. I am so confused.

Jill’s designed it so… yeah it’s crazy but that’s her mad decorator skillz 

Where is the door that Jonathan wrote on?

Upstairs attic aka insane asylum of Jill’s creation 

• LOL 10
22 minutes ago, Enya Face said:

ETA: I’ve done some REALLY amateur DIY in my younger years (round of applause for the sanded and freshly painted door I left outside in a wind storm.) but this shit is next level!

Well, more room for all the tchotchkes BME can display!

Doesn't that opening overlook the staircase where she took a tumble and SEVERELY tore SOMETHING (according to the doctor) in her knee?

• LOL 10
5 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Uh what… Jill is truly vile for writing this about her kid.

https://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/?p=2160

4E1DC205-882B-48F5-B80D-B1AB54C170C2.jpeg

I think when she refers to the baby as "dark skinned " she is saying that she is glad that one of the kids looks like David, but yes an awful way of saying that. Also if you want your young daughter to really think before she has a child have her read that post. That's horrifying. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

I think when she refers to the baby as "dark skinned " she is saying that she is glad that one of the kids looks like David, but yes an awful way of saying that. Also if you want your young daughter to really think before she has a child have her read that post. That's horrifying. 

She's said the same thing about Hannah, too.

38 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

I did see Jill 80s glamour shot at her wedding renewal. She is really in love with herself.

FA7F21B2-81C9-46FD-8171-E4D9A3559254.jpeg

She made Renee pose like this for her "graduation" portraits. Nurie and Kaylee probably did too, but I don't remember now. 

• LOL 4
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

Uh what… Jill is truly vile for writing this about her kid.

https://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/?p=2160

4E1DC205-882B-48F5-B80D-B1AB54C170C2.jpeg

And what? Weird that she got excited over hospital food. Guess she went to the GOOD hospital.

5AE6C1E1-6B6F-4410-838E-C20991E5F8D2.jpeg

It was most likely better food than she ever made for her family! Well, assuming she ever makes food for her family. Which we all know she doesn’t…

Edited by Westiepeach

I think there was a birthday post for Tessie stating she was their first dark skinned baby. How happy and blessed they were by that etc.  Maybe ole Jilly was worried when they took all those frail and pasty looking white skinned kids out in public people would think David wasn't their father. now she can say some have her coloring and some have their dad's or whatever nonsense.

• LOL 8
3 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Jill’s designed it so… yeah it’s crazy but that’s her mad decorator skillz 

Where is the door that Jonathan wrote on?

Upstairs attic aka insane asylum of Jill’s creation 

I think it’s the door to the storage room—the one with the sheep on it. 

• Useful 3
50 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

I think there was a birthday post for Tessie stating she was their first dark skinned baby. How happy and blessed they were by that etc.  Maybe ole Jilly was worried when they took all those frail and pasty looking white skinned kids out in public people would think David wasn't their father. now she can say some have her coloring and some have their dad's or whatever nonsense.

Genetics are weird. The Rod kids are only 1/4 Portuguese, so I wouldn't expect too many "dark" ones. Like Shrek, I'm half Portuguese and am pasty white. My childhood coloring was like Janessa, although my hair got darker as I got older. I don't have kids, but if I did, I would probably have some "darker" ones; my husband is half Serbian and is around Nurie on the color scale. However, my SIL is more like Hannah. I doubt any of my kids would have been ghost white like me. 😁

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Triple P said:

She made Renee pose like this for her "graduation" portraits. Nurie and Kaylee probably did too, but I don't remember now. 

Jill spent money on her glamour shots. You'd think she has better things to do with her limited resources than idolizing herself. She really doesn't see that plank in her eye, does she? 

• Love 18
12 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Genetics are weird. The Rod kids are only 1/4 Portuguese, so I wouldn't expect too many "dark" ones. Like Shrek, I'm half Portuguese and am pasty white. My childhood coloring was like Janessa, although my hair got darker as I got older. I don't have kids, but if I did, I would probably have some "darker" ones; my husband is half Serbian and is around Nurie on the color scale. However, my SIL is more like Hannah. I doubt any of my kids would have been ghost white like me. 😁

I am part Dominican but look like a gringa because I take after my German side. I look like a WWII German ideal. I do like surprising people by speaking Spanish. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, crazycatlady58 said:

I have never had children but shouldn't the 12th be easier? I mean I know there is pain but her description seems over the top.

Jill had a pretty quick labor, she delivered less than half an hour after getting to the hospital and it seems like she wasn't even in active labor until after they got in the car. Much of her post describes latent labor, which varies from woman to woman, but usually lasts at least a few hours.  You'll note she not only showered but shaved, did her hair and put on a full face of makeup before leaving for the hospital, and, even then, planned a trip to Lowe's and out to breakfast before hitting the doctor's office.  Then, made Shrek turn around and go back to get her purse.  She was not in active labor when any of that was happening, even Jill is not that nutty.  As far as painful contractions, yep, every woman gets those at the end, during transition and the second stage (pushing).  No matter how many kids a woman has had, she's going to feel that part very intensely.

I delivered all 5 of my cousin's children.  She had 3 unmedicated births and then was expecting twins.  Because one of them was breech (not breach, Jill), I recommended she get an epidural in case we needed to try and turn the kid.  Once she got it, she was absolutely amazed, 'Why did I never have one of these before?  This is amazing!  Too bad I'm not doing this again!"

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 9
9 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

agree on genetics. my point was more that jilly points out that difference in her children. Since she makes assumptions and forms opinions about total strangers she sees in public, with no real facts at all,  then judges them based on her opinions, I was just speculating maybe jill maybe had a thoughts along the lines of people would make assumptions.

probably i was just giving jill too much credit on the thinking part.....

• LOL 9
On 11/13/2021 at 6:55 PM, louannems said:

My old boss spent 20 years in the Marines and he weighed 134 lbs with his clothes on.  He was also 5'6" tall.  We called him little man behind his back.

I do agree that if they can pass the entrance test, the military would be so good for the Rod boys and girls.

JRod would never allow it.  They would be forced to associate with the heathen’s.  It ain’t happening.

• Love 4
On 11/13/2021 at 3:13 PM, GeeGolly said:

Look at the ceiling. You can she the sheet rock panels.

image.thumb.png.0ddfad351f9c5f5717d82f08b323fb63.png

I know little to nothing about home improvement, but you’re not supposed to put sheet rock on the ceiling, are you?

• Useful 1
14 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

It was most likely better food than she ever made for her family! Well, assuming she ever makes food for her family. Which we all know she doesn’t…

Remember the burned ham dinner or the soup that looked like slop? I agree Jill can’t cook and of course  not Nuries can’t cook either. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
Just now, iwantcookies said:

Remember the burned ham dinner or the soup that looked like slop? I agree Jill can’t cook and of course  not Nuries can’t cook either. 

That was not nearly enough food for the amount of people in that family. Which was a good thing, because it was burned and looked SEVERELY horrible!

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Yes you put sheetrock on ceilings. But that looks like they did a terrible job. Maybe they are attempting to put texture like popcorn on the ceiling.

Another example of the work of master carpenter, plumber, and electrician David "the Hunk" Rodrigues. 

Of course, he was also laboring day and night in the print shop, churning out the millions of tracts that had been ordered. He's a wonder. 

• LOL 12
2 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Another example of the work of master carpenter, plumber, and electrician David "the Hunk" Rodrigues. 

Of course, he was also laboring day and night in the print shop, churning out the millions of tracts that had been ordered. He's a wonder. 

Oh, he is a wonder all right... ::eye roll::

• LOL 10
4 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Is JillR doing an internet FU? She has posted since the 12th. Or maybe she's recently heard the term photo dump and wants to be part of the in crowd, so she'll post eleventy million photos today.

She could be, but normally she doesn’t post on a Saturday or Sunday.

• Useful 2

I’ve been reading old posts from the Rodrigues Family Ministry blog.  Jill is the most reprehensible and judgmental bitch that I’ve ever come across.  I still can’t believe that she and Shrek decided to cram all of those children into that RV and call it their home for months and months. They should’ve lost custody of those children then. 😤

• Love 16
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Is JillR doing an internet FU? She has posted since the 12th. Or maybe she's recently heard the term photo dump and wants to be part of the in crowd, so she'll post eleventy million photos today.

I don’t know why anyone photo dumps. Maybe it’s just me, but I don’t have the time or patience to look at someone’s eleventy million pictures (usually of themselves).

2 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I’ve been reading old posts from the Rodrigues Family Ministry blog.  Jill is the most reprehensible and judgmental bitch that I’ve ever come across.  I still can’t believe that she and Shrek decided to cram all of those children into that RV and call it their home for months and months. They should’ve lost custody of those children then. 😤

Unfortunately, there are already a million homeless kids in this country. And that’s not necessarily a reason to remove them from their parents. However, even most kids on the street eat better than the Rods.

• Love 5
On 11/14/2021 at 4:08 PM, iwantcookies said:

I did see Jill 80s glamour shot at her wedding renewal. She is really in love with herself.

FA7F21B2-81C9-46FD-8171-E4D9A3559254.jpeg

Album cover. Album consists of cheesy “Jesus Is My Boyfriend”-type songs. With a token track about The Hunk.

• LOL 5
2 hours ago, 65mickey said:

So Jill is on the left side of the picture. Who is on the right, Nurie?

14 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I don’t know who it is.  I wondered the same thing.

They're both Jill. It's from a spoof site and the caption says she's "My best friend and the most wonderful mother I know. I just LOVE her ♥️

It's a joke because Jill thinks so highly of herself  😁

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
47 minutes ago, LilJen said:

Album cover. Album consists of cheesy “Jesus Is My Boyfriend”-type songs. With a token track about The Hunk.

Jill’s song for hunk 

My hunk, my hunk, what a lumpy hunk

All I want is my lumpy hunk 

My hunk, my hunk, give me some Jesause juice tonight 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

I just read in the Small Talk thread that Nathan’s brother is moving to AR after he marries. Maybe Sammers can move to FL and join Nathan’s lawn care business. That would get him somewhat out from under Jill’s thumb and might give him some hope for a future.

• Love 5