Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

AFAIK, Shrek only has one brother who was SEVERELY disabled fairly young. I don't think he ever married.

David has 2 sisters and his brother Daniel, who I believe has a daughter.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

He is a cutie. Poor kid, he is now part of the Rodrigues circus. 

At least he lives in a different state from the GlamMa from Hell.

His real parents may feed him. I hope they don't blanket train him and keep him illiterate, but that may be asking too much. 

10 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

At least he lives in a different state from the GlamMa from Hell.

His real parents may feed him. I hope they don't blanket train him and keep him illiterate, but that may be asking too much. 

With Nurie "homeschooling" him, he doesn't stand a chance. ☹️

• Love 2
On 10/2/2021 at 11:31 AM, LilJen said:

Exactly what came to my mind. And why on earth does she have this need to post “Glamour Shots by Deb” all the time? She is, after all, deeply in love and married to the Hunkiest Hunk that ever Hunked.

Alot of the MLMs highly suggest posting aspirational photos. Jill would probably do it anyway but this biz model would give her a good reason for glamorous shots.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

897A699C-413F-4083-A9C9-F85F6A8F2A04.jpeg

5CE6D837-99C1-4A99-8497-39F0CC01506A.jpeg

00EA91A1-FA43-40AD-ABAD-683008DF96F0.jpeg

Oh just STFU, Jill, you nasty, judgemental POS.  The baby doesn’t want you near him, can’t you tell?!

ETA:  Nurie’s boobs are huge! 🐄

Edited by farmgal4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 4

In those closeups of Nurie, it's possible to see where her eyebrows were before they were reduced to the size of a stand of spaghetti. I wonder if the extreme eyebrow plucking is a result of stress like hair pulling or nail biting can be. Even Jill's brows don't look like that. 

Maybe with little Nemo here, Nurie will be too busy for the "beauty" routine. 

• Love 10
9 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

I have two cousins with the same first and (before marriage) same last names.  It happens.

In my family, we have one common boy’s name—John. My grandfather was John (called Jack).  He had 3 sons.  The middle son was also named John (Jack).  Each of the 3 sons had a son named John.  The next generation had one John, plus a Sean(Irish for John).  The latest boy born in our family was my brother John’s first grandson.  This little guy’s name was John, and he is known as Jack.  So, this little guy is the 7th boy in our family named John.    

I think that my grandfather was named John after his grandfather.  Different last name, though.

I would think that Nurthan’s next son will have a first name that starts with N, but with the middle name Michael after Nathan’s dad.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, marypat57 said:

In my family, we have one common boy’s name—John. My grandfather was John (called Jack).  He had 3 sons.  The middle son was also named John (Jack).  Each of the 3 sons had a son named John.  The next generation had one John, plus a Sean(Irish for John).  The latest boy born in our family was my brother John’s first grandson.  This little guy’s name was John, and he is known as Jack.  So, this little guy is the 7th boy in our family named John.    

I think that my grandfather was named John after his grandfather.  Different last name, though.

I would think that Nurthan’s next son will have a first name that starts with N, but with the middle name Michael after Nathan’s dad.

It was Milford in my family.  Your family got off easy and with a usable name.

• LOL 17
10 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

In those closeups of Nurie, it's possible to see where her eyebrows were before they were reduced to the size of a stand of spaghetti. I wonder if the extreme eyebrow plucking is a result of stress like hair pulling or nail biting can be. Even Jill's brows don't look like that. 

Maybe with little Nemo here, Nurie will be too busy for the "beauty" routine. 

Are the eyebrows some sort of weird control thing with Jill?  Because if Nurie, nine months pregnant and ready to pop, felt the need to quickly pluck her eyebrows into oblivion in preparation for BME's visit, that's pretty twisted.  I feel like they haven't been that thin since she escaped Jill's clutches.

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Are the eyebrows some sort of weird control thing with Jill?  Because if Nurie, nine months pregnant and ready to pop, felt the need to quickly pluck her eyebrows into oblivion in preparation for BME's visit, that's pretty twisted.  I feel like they haven't been that thin since she escaped Jill's clutches.

They definitely are a product of the trauma Nurie is dealing with.  Nurie hears Jill is coming, and her immediate response is to pull out the tweezers to set her eyebrows right, since she knows that is one of Jill's triggers.  She is doing whatever she can to mitigate Jill freaking out.  All of the Rodlets will experience this due to Jill.  It's instinctual and Nurie probably does not know why she does it, just that she needs to have her brows tweezed to please Jill.  

I suffered through this for a couple of years after I finally moved out of my parent's home.  I would furiously clean my apartment  before my Mom showed up because I knew she was going to look for a speck of dust and just go off on me like how she used to back when I was in high school and college.  After a couple times of her not freaking out, I stopped being so obsessive about cleaning before her visits.  

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

Maybe the Covid rumors are true, since we only saw Jill with the baby. I was expecting pictures with all of the kids since Nurie is at home

Even if they are all positive for COVID, Nurie is at home and presumably she and Nathan are anti-vax, anti-mask, COVID is a hoax people too.  And even if they're not, no way Nurie is going to tell BME she's wrong.  So, if the Rods are down there, they are all over Nurie and the baby, COVID or not.  We probably haven't seen pics because Jill really doesn't care about photos of anyone but her with the baby; she's a new grandma and that is all anyone cares about.  We haven't see Shrek with the baby yet, either, as far as I know.

22 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Here's hoping little Nemo decides to call Jill something other than Mimi.  

I doubt it. Little Nemo has the Rodrigues fundies on one side and the Keller fundies on the other. Any idea of insubordination will be beaten (literally or figuratively) out of him before it can take root.

Speaking of the Kellers: Ma Keller is the woman who was so busy being a godly helpmeet to her headship when she had a lot of kids at home, that each kid had a scheduled time for their direct private talk with mom. It was a blazing FIFTEEN minutes, per week. Ma Keller is, I hope, not such a scorched-earth narcissist as JillR, and I also hope she has been kind to Nurie. But I don't look at her with misty eyes as wonderful or specially nurturing. It's all God, all rules, all obedience, all the time with all those fundie nutjobs. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 11
44 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Jill just posted more pics/videos with just HER and Nemo. She announced that she will be Mimi and Shrek will be Poppy. 

She could always let the kid decide what he wants to call her - never mind, I didn't think that all the way through.

8 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

4A32BEE8-E8F6-4094-93DE-8F35001EEB3D.jpeg

That top left picture looks like something out of a film by M. Night Shyamalan.

And yes, Jill, you are LITERALLY so in love with what that baby can do for you, not about the actual fact of being a grandmother.  That child was splashed all over your scary social media pages 15 seconds after he exited Nurie's birth canal, and hey - did you check with Nurie and Nathan if they were cool with that?  Pump the brakes a little, Mimi.

• LOL 7
  • Love 17

I wonder what the odds are for Jill's kids. If you look at the Bates and Duggars, some have seemed to have left Gothard behind, but no one has gone too far from Fundiville.

But then there's the Kellers and Plaths where some of the adult kids seemed to have veered far from the Fundy course.

Are there any other kidults from families we discuss here who have gone mainstream?

2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

She could always let the kid decide what he wants to call her - never mind, I didn't think that all the way through.

My ex-MIL decided before my son was born he would call her Nona. And it was a given that he would call my parents Oma and Opa, though he could have gone with Abuelo and Abuela, but we all preferred the German easier for a little one to say. My ex-FIL was just plain grandpa. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 1

we have 4 grands, all siblings, oldest picked what she would call us, next 2 followed suit, 4th one, now almost 3, is having none of that and has made up 3 names for each of us. It is hilarious. The older ones have mostly given up the nickname thing, at least in front of their friends, then we are always introduced, or spoken of, as grandma and grandpa.

Jill will never go for that, she will be sending that poor child videos every single day with that screechy, baby talk voice repeating over and over she is MeMe.

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

My ex-MIL decided before my son was born he would call her Nona. And it was a given that he would call my parents Oma and Opa, though he could have gone with Abuelo and Abuela, but we all preferred the German easier for a little one to say. My ex-FIL was just plain grandpa. 

In case someone doesn't know Oma and Opa are grandma and grandpa in German, my dad was German so it made sense. They say some of these names are easy for little ones to say, though Abuelo/Abuela is hard for me to say! 

My ex-MIL picked Nona because her sister's grandkids called her that and she had to be the same! 

• Useful 3

I picked "grandma" and my daughter in law's mother picked "nana".  We were good friends and it wasn't an issue.  Kids weren't confused and managed to say the words.  Is picking a thing?  My good friend who is less than glamorous picked "glammy".  It cracks me up.  She is a wonderful grandmother.

• Love 5

MeMe fits Jill and Poppy (the buttons off his shirt) is good for David. I wonder if he had any say in his grandname. 

Little Nemo has a nice head of hair. Jill can hardly wait until she gets to make him a blond. At least she's not after his eyebrows. 

Edited by BradandJanet
  • LOL 12
  • Love 6
55 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

When I was a kid it was grandma and grandpa - not sure what's wrong with that. (other than the ethnic thing with is fine)

Yep. Me too. And if we were talking about them… it was “Grandma PaternalLastName” or Grandma “MaternalLastName.” NBD.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Insert Username said:

I wonder if Nathan and Nurie have had any time at all to hold and bond with their baby. It looks like Jill has him all wrapped up in her clammy hands.

I think Jill only holds Nemo for pics. Once her 10 minute photo session is done she hands off Nemo… I doubt Jill even takes care of her own minor children.

I envision Jilldo spending her day applying make up and screeching at her kids to fetch her snacks etc.

Well my life is ruined...because to my grandkids call me Mimi and my husband poppy...i guess in my defense I can tell them I wanted to be called Gigi ...but their father thought it sounded like a drug dealers name...sigh....

• LOL 18
  • Love 5

My grandson refers to us as grandma and papa.  For several years he was calling his other grandfather grandma Joe!  I think he's over that now~

Eta:  I just looked at MeMe's photos with Nemo.  She looks so possessive--It's a good thing that breastfeeding will allow Nurie to hold her son every so often!

Edited by riverblue22
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5