Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

55 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Where are they right now? Did they make it to Florida? Nurthan and Tim are there. And Jill is wearing Nurie's demon tree dress.

That pray for Israel graphic is so odd. Of course, the Rods are praying for all Jewish people to go to Israel and convert to the "right" religion so God can airlift out the "right" Christians and presumably destroy the rest of the earth. Their choice of image for that message is a huge photo of themselves rising out of and hovering over a cityscape? It looks like an old movie poster for Godzilla, King Kong, or . . . . 

Screen Shot 2021-08-05 at 1.03.39 PM.png

They don’t care if they convert the Jews or not. They’re happy to doom them to hell.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

Where are they right now? Did they make it to Florida? Nurthan and Tim are there. And Jill is wearing Nurie's demon tree dress.

That pray for Israel graphic is so odd. Of course, the Rods are praying for all Jewish people to go to Israel and convert to the "right" religion so God can airlift out the "right" Christians and presumably destroy the rest of the earth. Their choice of image for that message is a huge photo of themselves rising out of and hovering over a cityscape? It looks like an old movie poster for Godzilla, King Kong, or . . . . 

Screen Shot 2021-08-05 at 1.03.39 PM.png

Ha! I just changed my fb background picture to this.

• LOL 10
31 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

Many fundies of Jill's ilk feel that the creation of Israel as a Jewish nation is a sign of the end times being at hand.  They don't so much want to convert the Jews (they may consider them a lost cause for all I know), but they are sure that Israel's existence is required for the rapture and all the other fun stuff to come.  It's their interpretation of the Book of Revelelation which, if read while sober, comes off like a bad acid trip.  And, if you know your history of that part of the world, was probably based on the politics of the region a couple thousand years ago.  Jill loves history you know!

That photo of Jill and David's torsos floating over Jerusalem is creepy AF.

You can also read all about it in the Left Behind books. 

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

It seriously looks like a picture from the 80’s frumpy prom. Jill really is stuck in the past. She must still long to go to a public high school. She would have been a mean cheerleader for sure.

D935E773-C5CF-4B16-ABA9-F4759F337602.jpeg

Is Hunk wearing headphones??

• LOL 6
1 hour ago, Rootbeer said:

Many fundies of Jill's ilk feel that the creation of Israel as a Jewish nation is a sign of the end times being at hand.  They don't so much want to convert the Jews (they may consider them a lost cause for all I know), but they are sure that Israel's existence is required for the rapture and all the other fun stuff to come.  It's their interpretation of the Book of Revelelation which, if read while sober, comes off like a bad acid trip.  And, if you know your history of that part of the world, was probably based on the politics of the region a couple thousand years ago.  Jill loves history you know!

That photo of Jill and David's torsos floating over Jerusalem is creepy AF.

My wacky relatives have a conversion opportunity for the Jews in Israel. I suppose they can refuse. The problem is that some American evangelicals, like those I know, are deep in a rabbit hole where Christianity and QAnon and other conspiracy theories intertwine.  

also how nice his shirt shown in all the 24hrs of driving pics looks nicely pressed in each one and he was able to wear that same color coordinated shirt for the family pics on the beach.....

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

That last picture is seriously creepy.  Why would he brag about driving with no sleep?  What a moron.  I can't imagine having had my spirit broken by those loonies who pretended to raise him, and the others.  Beyond tragic.

• Love 4
36 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Timothy has a new post on Jill's page about how his flight to meet the family on Spirit got cancelled and he drove 24 hrs straight

He didn't actually drive 24 hours straight, though it's hard to parse his word salad and it sounds like he would have been quite fatigued regardless (5 hours or less of cat naps?).

• Love 4

Tim isn't joining them for the full month, is he? He wasn't in the lineup by the river, and neither were Nurthan. I guess they all need to show up for the Wallers and Big Sandy, if that's the event, so Jill can capture as much drama and attention for herself as possible. Then, they'll all head to Florida, with a few self-guided tours at some exciting Covid hotspots along the way. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Many of their photos are worthy of the covers of a Ransom Riggs book - see also Jill's garden/graveyard pictures, the photos of her girls holding hands while walking in the woods, any close-up of Jill...all capable of sending a shiver down the strongest of spines.

But thanks to your dream, we all know exactly what to do if we are ever in that situation - just display a bottle of booze and they'll scatter like mice!  But on the other hand....Jill might send her kids over to you to sing in 13-part harmony about how your soul is tarnished and throw a box of tracts at you, so - yeah, never mind.

Pictures of the entire family dining at Olive Garden with Nathan grimacing next to Nurie in 3, 2, 1..........

“13-part harmony”.  I am cackling! 😂

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

He didn't actually drive 24 hours straight, though it's hard to parse his word salad and it sounds like he would have been quite fatigued regardless (5 hours or less of cat naps?).

and after he had already been up 18 before he left and wasn't mentally prepared as he had previously been for long drives..... story seems a bit contrived.

i just know when we have driven 24 hours and cat naps our hair is not perfectly photo ready and our shirts are most likely wrinkled, wiped with the orange stuff from cheetos, mustard from Pilot hot dogs, etc.

• LOL 2
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

Timothy has a new post on Jill's page about how his flight to meet the family on Spirit got cancelled and he drove 24 hrs straight while already being awake 18 hrs or some nonsense. Anyway he felt need to take a lot of pics while driving on no sleep.

the caption here had me dying laughing 6842458_Screenshot(100).png.a6afb5f882aa442b36571428884a9574.png

image.thumb.jpeg.26bf484bb108a0468140fb48c4279505.jpeg

Okay, real talk. Is being “on the fairy” a euphemism for cocaine like when someone does “blow” or “white horse”? (And yes, I am doing Dr. Evil air quotes) because Timbits looks stoned than a mother-for-ya in that picture? Or is “the fairy” code for meth? That would explain his ability to drive this alleged 24 hours after 18 hours of no sleep without any accidents in the same manner that Nazis were able to relentlessly cross Europe and fight like machines. Being hopped up on meth can have that affect.  

ETA:Not alleging anyone is an abuser, but with Jill as his mom, who the hell could blame him.

Edited by Ijustwantsomechips
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

It seriously looks like a picture from the 80’s frumpy prom. Jill really is stuck in the past. She must still long to go to a public high school. She would have been a mean cheerleader for sure.

D935E773-C5CF-4B16-ABA9-F4759F337602.jpeg

Why is everyone so dark? They are usually pale and now they are ... not and what's going on with the girl on the white dress? She looks odd, poor thing. 

• Love 3

Jill really doctored this pic. Hannah in the white dress and gabriel in particular have odd looking limbs. Though their skin is darker, everyone's ears and teeth are blinding white. Phillip has lost the gap between his front teeth that he had a few days ago.

I swear Nathan and Nurie are one video away from a JB and Michelle mini golf re enactment episode....

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Timothy has a new post on Jill's page about how his flight to meet the family on Spirit got cancelled and he drove 24 hrs straight while already being awake 18 hrs or some nonsense. Anyway he felt need to take a lot of pics while driving on no sleep.

the caption here had me dying laughing 6842458_Screenshot(100).png.a6afb5f882aa442b36571428884a9574.png

Poor, poor Tinkerbell.

• LOL 16
43 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Jill really doctored this pic. Hannah in the white dress and gabriel in particular have odd looking limbs. Though their skin is darker, everyone's ears and teeth are blinding white. Phillip has lost the gap between his front teeth that he had a few days ago.

I swear Nathan and Nurie are one video away from a JB and Michelle mini golf re enactment episode....

Thanks a lot crazy8s!  I shall be having nightmares tonight about miniature golf and that revolting humping scene.  🤢🤢🤢

• LOL 6
20 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

I think she took the picture at dusk, and then played around with the light filters. Hence the glowing teeth and dark, blurry appearances.

Well,  she needs to take lessons that is a horrible picture. 

• Love 6
53 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Well,  she needs to take lessons that is a horrible picture. 

Oh, I agree. I don't know why anyone would take an "important" picture in low light, but it's Jill, so... I'm sure she thinks it's a masterpiece!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Or is “the fairy” code for meth?

Tim doesn't look like a meth user to me, personally. Thanks to living in Arkansas, I can pick a meth user out at about a mile away. 

I do think he looks like someone who is crazed after staying awake for way too long, and he definitely shouldn't be driving in that condition. It's about the same as if he was driving under the influence. 

The one and only time I ever drove without sleeping was coming off a transatlantic flight. (The same school trip in which people wanted McDonalds in France. 🙄 ) I can't sleep on planes and I hadn't slept the night before I flew out. I honestly have no idea how long I'd been awake. Landed really late and didn't have anyone I could call to pick me up, so I drove myself home. I ended up having hallucinations and running off the road. I'd read Something Wicked This Way Comes on the plane, so the hallucinations involved terrifying carnivals. Thanks, brain. I was fortunately on a dirt road by the time that happened, so I managed to not injure myself or damage my car. Just succeeded in scaring the living shit out of myself. I was lucky, and I learned my lesson. Tim needs to learn his, preferably without hurting himself or anyone else. 

• Love 13
10 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

It looks like David’s head is floating next to Jill 😂. Her photoshop skillz are horrible!

90ACA47C-5909-4CC7-BE71-35C2D600C236.jpeg

I think Jill photoshopped some pounds off herself in this picture.  I’m not trying to fat shame - I’m overweight myself - but when you look at this picture next to the family picture, she looks much thinner here, and not just because of whom she’s standing next to.

• Love 8

7E0645AC-C8D1-4F8D-B7D2-71FF1D5CBF1C.jpeg

1 minute ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Can someone go to FB and c/p Jilly's latest lost from the outside of the church? The grammar made my head ache. 

This?

Playing in the heat of Texas at the church we were parked at.  🤪

• LOL 12
8 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

E1038113-4DBF-41D3-B0CF-84FF01736DC2.jpeg

78D41760-8EE5-41C8-8A38-DB0964241BF7.jpeg

819B0775-04E6-40DF-B681-CE156897C5F5.jpeg

Single ladies I’m available for marriage! Dearest mama is included at no extra cost!

8 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

E1038113-4DBF-41D3-B0CF-84FF01736DC2.jpeg

78D41760-8EE5-41C8-8A38-DB0964241BF7.jpeg

819B0775-04E6-40DF-B681-CE156897C5F5.jpeg

Single ladies I’m available for marriage! Dearest mama is included at no extra cost!

Again, I would have to be in a casket before i would look at this boy/man.. sorry

1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

7AF2D7D5-AFF8-4A21-A5A6-1FEF9385D328.jpeg

4DF89C9F-1BFF-429B-9A0A-98612D34D4CD.jpeg

"the heat of Texas".. yeah, no not dressed like that.  good lord.

2 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Timbot is truly brainwashed. Instead of driving off away from MAMA he obeyed her commands. Truly a sad thing. 

Timbot doesn’t have an original thought in his head.

A normal young man of his age if stranded in Cleveland, with vacation time, would've probably lived it up there.  Sorry Mom, I just can't join you!

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

They're running in a sprinkler. Fully clothed and ruining their already cheap thrift store shoes.

And then what - they get to change into fresh, lightweight clothes appropriate for the stifling humidity of a Texas summer?  Or they roll into the RV and have to finish out the day in damp, musty, sweaty clothes while Jill freshens up in the church ladies' room?

Seeing a bunch of kidults running through a sprinkler in an attempt to escape the heat and then paste on a smile for Mama like they are having a great time is so uncomfortable.

• Love 11

Tim is panicked because his flight to Texas is cancelled. He goes to the airport and stands in a long line to beg for a ticket, which is not available. Instead of rescheduling for the next day, he hops in his car and drives 25 hours (30 with catnaps) to get to Texas. To get on a "fairy." To go to an island. To pose on the beach for a weird family photo. 

He doesn't make the trip because a kidney he needs suddenly becomes available or a dear friend is near death. He risks his life to drive without sleep because Best Momma wants everybody assembled to start the family vacation on her schedule.   

Tim is completely under Best Momma's big thumb. I don't think he will be leaving his trailer on the compound any time soon. 

• Love 1