Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

JRod has a new IG post, and she and Shrek (“my hunk”) are in a gym somewhere, supposedly working out.  She is working out with a skirt on.  In a previous post, David is in a church pulpit speaking to the congregation about his printing business.  He insinuates that it’s a sin to be cremated.  

Here's the post, special attention to the third pic where she appears to be wearing slutty leggings and BOOTS on the exercise bicycle with her handbag sitting behind her. My hunch is that she and Shrek commandeered the workout room of some local building to stage the "workout" and left after she took her crappy pictures.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CG5xxOCpOpt/

15 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Is JillR in Barnes and Noble? If so, why?????

Goodness knows, she doesn’t read books!  

14 hours ago, Panopticon said:

If those pictures are new... put a damn mask on, Jill. Even if they aren’t new... maybe let other people browse the books in peace?

I’m sure it was just to proselytize!  “Daniel in the bookstore!”

3 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

JRod has a new IG post, and she and Shrek (“my hunk”) are in a gym somewhere, supposedly working out.  She is working out with a skirt on.  In a previous post, David is in a church pulpit speaking to the congregation about his printing business.  He insinuates that it’s a sin to be cremated.  

Strangely, my fundamentalist dad does too. I think they believe it’s a desecration to the body. I’m not sure what they’re thinking happens once one is buried. 

• Love 8

JRod has ANOTHER post on IG. (WTH is she doing, trying to make Nurie jealous??) In this post the older kids are doing science experiments- the same science experiments that 2nd graders do in public schools.  I’d bet everything I own that the kids don’t have a clue as to why the experiments had the reaction that they did.  Teenagers doing 2nd grade science experiments... I truly have no words. 😶

So, the "kids" often write paeans to the glory that is Jill and how she is the mother of all mothers and the most wonderful person to ever grace the planet with her presence...have "they" ever written anything praising David? Jill writes plenty about her "hardworking" "hunk" but I can't remember anything from the "kids" (I know, I know, the "kids" and Jill are one and the same person).

• Useful 2
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Insert Username said:

So, the "kids" often write paeans to the glory that is Jill and how she is the mother of all mothers and the most wonderful person to ever grace the planet with her presence...have "they" ever written anything praising David? Jill writes plenty about her "hardworking" "hunk" but I can't remember anything from the "kids" (I know, I know, the "kids" and Jill are one and the same person).

We have not seen any posts praising Shrek but now that you have put the idea out there, we should be seeing one of the not Nuries or Timbits posting soon. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 15
19 minutes ago, Gweilo said:

I'm guessing the "big Sister" T-Shirt is a clue 😜

LOL, couldn't read it at first on my phone! 😵

Just now, GeeGolly said:

Is she the sister who was engaged about 5 times and had a child 'out of wedlock'?

Yes, that's her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Is she the sister who was engaged about 5 times and had a child 'out of wedlock'?

5 hours ago, BitterApple said:

She is, yes. She's had so many fiances, I've lost track.

She is currently married. She got married last year.  It must be hard being ex-fundie. I give her props for leaving the fundie world and not settling for a fundie marriage. 

• Love 18
14 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

I know someone for 4 years. She cycled through 3 fiancées already. 

I once had a roommate who had four at once. Now that's where it really starts to get interesting. The constant changing of rings....

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
On 10/29/2020 at 7:58 AM, ginger90 said:

She wants you to know she’s a homeschooling mama!

3 videos:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CG6iOMlJJWD/?hl=en

Aren't part of experiments learning & explaining why things happen? The Rods seem to have missed that or at least we weren't told.

17 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

9ulokfpng2w51.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Why are these people always standing in the woods, in a field or other itch producing locations when a special announcement is made?  

• LOL 18
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

I once had a roommate who had four at once. Now that's where it really starts to get interesting. The constant changing of rings....

Probably became the mom of the girl I know now

Wow that’s funny churchhoney 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
59 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

@Churchhoney so did she marry any of the 4 fiancées???

Yeah, like Susanna Keller with her string, she did. She married the oldest and most successful one. Very successful. And then she destroyed his very successful life in a rather spectacular fashion, they divorced and she quickly moved on to somebody else. lol 

Hope this isn't the story of Susanna Keller or any of her betrothed! 

But serial (or simultaneous) engagements probably aren't a sign of, you know, much stability. 😊

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, drafan said:

Why do all these people look alike? I would've said the above pic consists of Pricilla's guy (kinda roughed up),  Smuggar's oldest kid, and Anna.

They must fish in the same gene pool. I'll give JillR credit for marrying someone a little different. That's all I've got right now. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, drafan said:

Why do all these people look alike? I would've said the above pic consists of Pricilla's guy (kinda roughed up),  Smuggar's oldest kid, and Anna.

Well, it is Anna's sister and niece, so that sort of makes sense.  My sister's youngest daughter looks so much like me that it is ridiculous.  

• Love 7
35 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Just weekly? The poor girl is probably grilled every time they talk or text.

Maybe.  But I think there's an equal chance that Jill hopes Nurie doesn't get pregnant until Jill has her own positive test.  Since we know Jill is hoping to get pregnant again, it would most likely be torture for her to have to sit back and watch Nurie get all the attention, while Jill has a letdown every month.  Even though she's had thirteen children, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if she feels she somehow knows the pain of infertility.  🙄

• Love 8
41 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

One thing is for sure, Anna's face looks pregnant and she has her girls snug in front of her mid-section.

Every time Anna pees on a stick, a still small voice in Jim Bob's head repeats "I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore." 

And Jim Bob answers -- "Sigh......"

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

One thing is for sure, Anna's face looks pregnant and she has her girls snug in front of her mid-section.

Psssh. People are always saying Anna's or Jessa's or whoever's face looks pregnant, and they're usually not. 

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Psssh. People are always saying Anna's or Jessa's or whoever's face looks pregnant, and they're usually not. 

Very true, however...  the odds lean toward a pregnancy for Anna. A tad soon, but she gives birth in odd years, so she if she isn't right now, she will be soon.

But that picture - between her face and hiding her middle, screams pregnancy. Then again, she is with Jessa, so Jessa may have said, oh, oh, hide your middle so we can get 'em all speculating, you'll get more clicks.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

So that child had open heart surgery less than a month ago and in the space of a week she has spoken at the Bates' church and travelled to Arkansas to the petri dish that is the TTH?

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE?  There were 100000 new cases yesterday.  That child is vulnerable.  With all that was involved to get her to the US for her surgery, why are they so cavalier about her possible exposure to a virus that might very well kill her?

ETA:  Anna has limited comments on the post.  Probably deleted any calling them out on the lack of masks and distancing.  What a coward she is.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Love 20
23 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE?  There were 100000 new cases yesterday.  That child is vulnerable.  With all that was involved to get her to the US for her surgery, why are they so cavalier about her possible exposure to a virus that might very well kill her?

Because they know for a fact that it's all a big hoax: the number of deaths has been greatly exaggerated by the media, catching COVID is no worse than a bad cold, masks and social distancing do nothing to prevent the spread of the virus; everybody knows that children can't catch the virus and most importantly, they have special magical protection because Jesus.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
32 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

Because they know for a fact that it's all a big hoax: the number of deaths has been greatly exaggerated by the media, catching COVID is no worse than a bad cold, masks and social distancing do nothing to prevent the spread of the virus; everybody knows that children can't catch the virus and most importantly, they have special magical protection because Jesus.

I don't doubt where they get their news from, and it's the same place where so many other people have as well.  For months, I have heard people whispering that the death count and the total number of cases has been inflated because hospitals, doctors, states, etc get more money for every covid related death.  

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I don't doubt where they get their news from, and it's the same place where so many other people have as well.  For months, I have heard people whispering that the death count and the total number of cases has been inflated because hospitals, doctors, states, etc get more money for every covid related death.  

And none of that is true. Also, the Bates of all people should now know better as several of them have contracted the disease.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

My daughter and her husband are both doctors.  They each had their pay cut- their combined income is down almost 30%- due to COVID.  The only money to be made is in the development of a vaccine.  Why these lies are being spread is beyond me.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Useful 1
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

Erin Bates Paine had a case that she has implied was much worse than a bad cold. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 12