Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, MunichNark said:

If you are feeling nauseous but can't seem to recycle that food, or if you feel particularly debonair and in want of some entertainment, then check out the latest Jilly post with her kissing photos.

Warning - you CANNOT unsee this one.

I may never fully recover from the Jeremy's crotch-Derick's armpits day. I'm not looking. Not looking. Not looking. 

• Love 14
3 hours ago, flyingdi said:

The main difference I see between the Bates and the Duggars is that Gil and Kelly just genuinely seem to like children.  Any children.  They like having them around, Jim Bob and Michelle, not so much.

I've seen what looks like genuine affection to and from Jim Bob. [Not saying he's a good dad by any means, just he does seem to love his kids.] With Michelle, I thought the wedding interactions with her daughters was very telling. I don't see any affection or closeness at all. I'm thinking particularly of Jinger's wedding. 

• Love 6
29 minutes ago, PuhLeeze said:

I've seen what looks like genuine affection to and from Jim Bob. [Not saying he's a good dad by any means, just he does seem to love his kids.] With Michelle, I thought the wedding interactions with her daughters was very telling. I don't see any affection or closeness at all. I'm thinking particularly of Jinger's wedding. 

True. I do think Jim Bob actually likes children somewhat but I think his main concern, above his children, is keeping Michelle and himself happy.

• Love 12
5 hours ago, flyingdi said:

True. I do think Jim Bob actually likes children somewhat but I think his main concern, above his children, is keeping Michelle and himself happy.

Tied with : Keeping a TLC show on the air and hoping to change it  to "19 Kids and Counting....up to 200 Grandbabies", starring Mullet and her wonderful husband.

• Love 10
6 hours ago, PuhLeeze said:

I agree. He's awful on multiple levels, but I don't doubt that he loves his kids and that they love him.  Michelle, though? She really doesn't seem to connect with them once they're out of her uterus. 

• Love 11
53 minutes ago, drafan said:

Tied with : Keeping a TLC show on the air and hoping to change it  to "19 Kids and Counting....up to 200 Grandbabies", starring Mullet and her wonderful husband.

I once had a dream that Michelle got pregnant again, they changed the name of the show to "19 Kids and Grandma's Pregnant Again," she had twins, and named then Jamelia and Jamabile.  Although I feel like that last one isn't terribly likely, this was right after Josie (and Mackynzie) were born so the rest seemed possible ...

• Love 9

Poor Prissy and TFDW can't wrap their tiny brains around the science that the moon can come between sun during the day. Someone put a science pamphlet in their kid's Wisdom Booklets. 

So Daniel lives in Houston now? I wonder when he moved from SC.  Also, is he still married? I can't imagine him leaving his wife in Houston to fend for herself during a catastrophic hurricane. 

Inquiring minds want to know. I miss Waller Wednesdays. 

IMG_0212.PNG

IMG_0213.PNG

• Love 2
4 hours ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

Poor Prissy and TFDW can't wrap their tiny brains around the science that the moon can come between sun during the day. Someone put a science pamphlet in their kid's Wisdom Booklets. 

To be fair, I think they are saying that it was hard for Paul to wrap his mind around the concept. Though I may be giving them too much credit. who knows?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

@FakeJoshDuggar, what were Waller Wednesdays?

I like your user name & avatar, unlike the real version.

So waaay back when, before all of the scandals hit, Josh was really active on social media. I had an instagram account that mirrored his that broke down all of the fundie speak and called Josh/Duggars out on their billshit. 

Waller Wednesdays focused on TFDW and Prissy. I checked and it's still a thing on instagram but way less funny. 

49 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

To be fair, I think they are saying that it was hard for Paul to wrap his mind around the concept. Though I may be giving them too much credit. who knows?

How old is P. Willy Waller these days?

• Love 2

Paul has to be almost 4, but I don't know any of their birthdays (nor care to look it up). 

Daniel and Candice did divorce. I believe she stayed back in SC. Not sure what kind of custody arrangements they have for their son. Rebekah married a guy who is LOADED, and the last time I checked, she also lived in the Houston area. I wonder if Daniel got a job working for Grandpa (Rebekah's husband is older than Pa Keller)?

I too miss Waller Wednesdays. Ah, the days of bible bees, gleaned pecans, and jolly black cops. 

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Paul has to be almost 4, but I don't know any of their birthdays (nor care to look it up). 

Daniel and Candice did divorce. I believe she stayed back in SC. Not sure what kind of custody arrangements they have for their son. Rebekah married a guy who is LOADED, and the last time I checked, she also lived in the Houston area. I wonder if Daniel got a job working for Grandpa (Rebekah's husband is older than Pa Keller)?

I too miss Waller Wednesdays. Ah, the days of bible bees, gleaned pecans, and jolly black cops. 

Damn, really? When did that happen?

• Love 3

No one really knows for sure. He just started showing up at Keller family gatherings alone all of a sudden. Candice wasn't there for the Mother's Day extravaganza; I can't remember if their son was there or not. This is when we first saw Rebekah's new daddy....errr...husband. And his plane, which is light years nicer and newer than any in the Duggar fleet. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

He's 4 1/2 , he and my niece are only a few days apart.

Edited by lianau

Now it's saying Thurday's episode is a "social" edition of the episode when Lawson made his video. That's not what it said a couple of days ago when I went in to delete the earlier episode from my DVR (the social edition episode that always precedes the new episode). 

Is Tori already engaged? On the last episode of their show it seems like Carlin just started courting and Bobby asked for permission to propose to Tori. Not sure how far off the timeline is between TV show and real life.

• Love 1

The trip to WV was filmed in early June. I assume that Gil "greenlighting" Carlin's courtship is basically affirming that they are now courting. If Tori's engaged, they've kept really quiet about it, but I don't think Tori even has social media, and Bobby never uses his. 

• Love 1

Have you noticed that a FEW rooms are STILL available for Jilly's retreat? Smile!

Don't delay, guys and girls, snap up this exciting opportunity NOW!

..........nothing to do with the fact that people just aren't terribly interested in it?

• Love 7
On 9/18/2017 at 7:56 PM, ozziemom said:

Is Tori already engaged? On the last episode of their show it seems like Carlin just started courting and Bobby asked for permission to propose to Tori. Not sure how far off the timeline is between TV show and real life.

I read a post that said that Carlin and Evan have been together for a year on September 17. 

I hope the news is that Michael is pregnant. Haven't seen much from her lately.

• Love 1

The comments are interesting.  All congratulations and "Duggar girls take note".  Only one dissenting opinion, who voices concern that with her newfound career, Whitney will not be able to homeschool.  Also asks  isn't Zach's salary and the UP money enough? 

On a shallow note, even if she only sells one or two houses a year, it will be enough to keep her in clothes and pretty things.  Her instagram shows that she does like to dress nicely.

And maybe the baby train will slow down for them...

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Love 5

Let's wait and see what Whitney being a 'working mom' actually means. If it's anything like the Duggar style of women working, it's not what we're expecting. I highly doubt that Whit will go to a real estate office M-F, 9-5 and have an actual j.o.b.; even if it's part time and she has only a few listings, I doubt the Bates family will approve Whitney going in to strangers' homes with clients who may be male....alone with that client. Doesn't add up to me. If they're wanting to be 'that normal' and mainstream, I find it silly that Whitney has to wear the womens' uniform around the Bates parents. That's just not respectful to Zach's household and HIS beliefs. After all, didn't Kelly also say that the skirt wearing was 'her preference' and not a religion? What's wrong with Whitney having her preference in front of her in laws? Her parents don't wear the uniform when spending time with Kelly and Gil as a family group, do they?

• Love 10

I think she chooses to wear it out of respect, the same way that Alyssa does when she's home. They aren't my cup of tea as people, and I think Gil is too close to Gothard insiders, but it can not be denied that they are raising / have raised individuals rather than sheep. They have children that have gone their own way and don't sit around espousing their parents hard core beliefs. Considering this group (quiverfull/Gothard) that is remarkable. They also seem to love their children for themselves rather than as a collective "our 19 kids" like the Duggars. 

Edited by Tasya
  • Love 13

Agree. Whatever their toxic beliefs and what not, the Bateses have raised children that are alive. They chat and talk, have been quite cheeky and actually disrespectful at time, they don't seem to be afraid to voice their own opinions, they all look clean and tidy.

Now compare that to the Duggar zombies. Not a clean one between them, no life, no spark, no opions, no jobs.

• Love 16
5 hours ago, MunichNark said:

Agree. Whatever their toxic beliefs and what not, the Bateses have raised children that are alive. They chat and talk, have been quite cheeky and actually disrespectful at time, they don't seem to be afraid to voice their own opinions, they all look clean and tidy.

Now compare that to the Duggar zombies. Not a clean one between them, no life, no spark, no opions, no jobs.

Yes- the Bates are of the same beliefs as the Duggars BUT they actually value their children as individual people and have allowed them to fly. I remember when Kelly admitted that the lean years were really hard ok the older kids- could you ever see JB or Michelle acknowledging that?!! Not in a million years. 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I remember when Kelly admitted that the lean years were really hard ok the older kids- could you ever see JB or Michelle acknowledging that?!! Not in a million years. 

Because they know that the next logical question would be "If the lean years were so hard on the kids, why did you waste $250,000 on a political ego trip for Jim Bob when you could have used that money to provide a decent standard of living for them?"

• Love 16
2 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

Because they know that the next logical question would be "If the lean years were so hard on the kids, why did you waste $250,000 on a political ego trip for Jim Bob when you could have used that money to provide a decent standard of living for them?"

No shit!  That question would be avoided at all costs.  What shitty parents who spew out kid after kid after kid ad nauseam would do that?  1/4 of a MILLION DOLLARS?  All kinds of fucked up.