Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Okay, I'm just saying that if I was fully in labor and my husband suggested breakfast on the way to the hospital he would be unable to father any more children.

On the other hand, maybe he was hoping for that and is too dumb to realize that there's a less painful way to accomplish it. .... He doesn't look too bright to me.

• Love 3

Just read J-Rod's labor and delivery story of her 12th child. To sum it up it goes something like this:

She wakes up in the middle of the night with contractions, mild then hard. She hurries up to take a bath and shave. She decides not to wake David up so he can rest and get ready for the labor. She continues with contractions rising frequently. Finally daybreak comes and she takes a shower. David awakes and she tells him today is the day. He says - really, I should call the print shop to tell them I won't be in today. She readily agrees. She bends over in pain with each contraction as she does her hair and puts on her makeup. She takes some herbs her midwife from NY had given her. Her contractions are becoming more intense. David suggests they go to breakfast on the way to the hospital and stop at Lowes for something he needs to fix the RV. She agrees. During the trip her pain becomes more severe and she suggests going straight to the hospital. David readily agrees. 20 minutes after arriving at the hospital the baby is born.

My husband would still have my foot planted up his ass.

• Love 8

Hospital? How much do you want to bet Davey and Co. are on Medicaid? He has no job, so I doubt they can afford to purchase insurance, even through Obama care. It wouldn't surprise me if a lot of Fundies are on assistance, but just won't admit it.

Or they do what the Bates used to, use the ER for everything and then claim inability to pay.

They probably are, yes. A guy I used to know who converted to fundy land used to plaster Facebook with Tea Party rants about the evils of taxes and how it's stealing his hard-earned money for lazy other people. Well, unbeknownst to him, his wife let it slip that they in fact were not only in a low enough income bracket that they weren't paying taxes, but also that they were receiving WIC and Medicaid. (Not to mention benefiting from public schools, as they'd given up on homeschooling because of the expense.) When I gently brought this to his attention on one of his particularly vicious posts, he got furious and unfriended me. It was obvious that what really upset him was that someone had seen through his deception and astounding hypocrisy.

Jill has said enough things about our "godless government" that I'm sure they're firmly entrenched in similar beliefs, but there is no way they've been making it without government assistance. Every time I read about the "printing ministry" it just makes me laugh. It seems so random and dated and pointless. Really, you say you want to devote your lives to god's work and that was the best and most important thing you could come up with? And are there really enough people wanting bible tracts printed to justify that being your entire career?

• Love 8

It seems like an especially bad idea to make your laboring wife go to a place with a lot of power tools and heavy objects.

Sure David we can walk around Lowes for awhile while I'm in labor.  Can we go down the chainsaw aisle and visit the sledgehammers? 

• Love 6

Knowing these fundies and their love of "exaggerating" (Waller's Halloween story for example) I don't believe Jill.  If David said it at all he was probably joking.  We really don't know David at all since he sensibly keeps his mouth shut, but Jill is a proven wacko.

• Love 5

Knowing these fundies and their love of "exaggerating" (Waller's Halloween story for example) I don't believe Jill.  If David said it at all he was probably joking.  We really don't know David at all since he sensibly keeps his mouth shut, but Jill is a proven wacko.

You could be on to something there.  Jill wanting to tell the world how she puts her husband's needs first at all times - even when in labor!  In fact most of the story is about how she doesn't want to wake David up so he can rest and then the pain she was in putting her makeup on and doing her hair.  Even when in labor women put your husband's needs first!

• Love 3

She's having a baby, why worry about makeup and hair?  I think if I was having a baby and in pain like she said she was in, maybe brushing my hair, but full on makeup? It's not the face the doctors are going to be looking at.

David asks about breakfast? What he's hoping it would be a cheaper delivery at IHop? What is wrong with these people?  

• Love 6

You could be on to something there.  Jill wanting to tell the world how she puts her husband's needs first at all times - even when in labor!  In fact most of the story is about how she doesn't want to wake David up so he can rest and then the pain she was in putting her makeup on and doing her hair.  Even when in labor women put your husband's needs first!

Particularly ironic coming from a person who not only puts her own needs first -- always -- but who seems likely to be unaware that anybody else on the planet besides herself, including David, actually has any needs.

• Love 4

She's having a baby, why worry about makeup and hair? I think if I was having a baby and in pain like she said she was in, maybe brushing my hair, but full on makeup?

I know, like she's expected to do some Duchess of Cambridge style photo op six hours after giving birth or something.

• Love 5

I had a feeling that they'd waited a while to announce the pregnancy, but now it looks like that they waited almost 4 months! This means that Erin and Whitney aren't all that far apart; Erin's due date will be early-mid July IF she goes full term. That's only 15 months between two high-risk pregnancies. 

Congrats, but I hope they slow down after this. How many cycles of heparin will her insurance pay for???

• Love 3

Oh God, no. Not Brooklyn. That's one of those names I wish would hurry up and die. What is the obsession Southerners have with naming their daughter after an NYC borough?

Congrats on the girl, though.

For serious. Every child born in this decade is going to be named some variation of Harper, Vivian, Jaden, or Brooklyn. Also, Brooklyn Paine? Sounds like a Marvel

Comics villain.

• Love 7

She's having a baby, why worry about makeup and hair?  I think if I was having a baby and in pain like she said she was in, maybe brushing my hair, but full on makeup? It's not the face the doctors are going to be looking at.

David asks about breakfast? What he's hoping it would be a cheaper delivery at IHop? What is wrong with these people?

I know can you imagine - the baby is coming in like less than an hour and she's literally doubling over in pain while doing her hair and makeup, it's beyond bizarre. 

Then planning to go to breakfast on the way - grab a booth honey just in case.  Don't worry they have bathrooms at IHOP if you need one and hopefully the transgender you find in there will have a medical degree.  If we get through breakfast since you're all done up anyway let's stop at LOWES. 

• Love 11

You gotta admit though, not much goes with Paine. Maybe Ima? Or Precious?

Carson is not bad.

I think any name that is already not known for something.  No Daisy or Kitty or Constance, but Emily would work.  Or Catherine,

• Love 1

Inalota?  Ura?

Seriously though, Avery? Ava? Chelsey? Veronica? I think something that holds it's own against the last name Paine.  A couple of syllables or more at least to offset and distract from Paine.  Brooklyn I don't know, everyone will probably shorten it to Brooke so it'll end up Brooke Paine.

What is the obsession Southerners have with naming their daughter after an NYC borough?

It's better than Nashville.

Or Birmingham.

Or Little Rock....

Sinus?

Gas?

Acute?

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 7

I had a feeling that they'd waited a while to announce the pregnancy, but now it looks like that they waited almost 4 months! This means that Erin and Whitney aren't all that far apart; Erin's due date will be early-mid July IF she goes full term. That's only 15 months between two high-risk pregnancies. 

Congrats, but I hope they slow down after this. How many cycles of heparin will her insurance pay for???

Good question. Does anyone remember if Erin and Chad had the "agreeing to trust god with the size of our family" line in their wedding vows? I remember that Josh and Anna did, and David and Priscilla. But this statement gave a ray of hope that they may indeed not see fit to proceed with 12-20 high-risk pregnancies.

"As for whether the family plans to keep on expanding, Erin explained, "It’s hard to imagine what the future may hold. So far, parenting has been fun, rewarding and quite the adventure. While Brooklyn was a surprise, we feel so blessed and so excited that she’s on her way, and we couldn’t be more in love with Carson. We’re really trying to stay focused on getting Brooklyn here and soaking every moment in as our little family of three."

• Love 3

It sounds like they didn't plan on another baby so soon. Even with family nearby, having two kids so close in age is going to be tough. Honestly, I wonder if Chad and Erin aren't exactly as thrilled about the pregnancy as they claim to be, but naturally they'd never admit it.

• Love 1

It sounds like they didn't plan on another baby so soon. Even with family nearby, having two kids so close in age is going to be tough. Honestly, I wonder if Chad and Erin aren't exactly as thrilled about the pregnancy as they claim to be, but naturally they'd never admit it.

I got that vibe from Erin in the article. That the baby was really a surprise. I know it shouldn't be a surprise if they don't use birth control, but maybe they were using a somewhat limited version of birth control -not having sex during her fertile time & it didn't work.

• Love 5

I got that vibe from Erin in the article. That the baby was really a surprise. I know it shouldn't be a surprise if they don't use birth control, but maybe they were using a somewhat limited version of birth control -not having sex during her fertile time & it didn't work.

I wonder if Erin figured she wouldn't get pregnant because she was breastfeeding and decided to forego birth control.

• Love 1

Why even say they are surprised? Unless they really don't know how biology works, of course they are not surprised. Sex without birth control leads to babies, and we know that they don't believe in birth control. Congrats on the baby, and with all Erin's pregnancy history I truly hope everyone is safe and healthy. But no way they are truly surprised.

• Love 9

If they thought they were using NFP or a barrier method that should have been somewhat successful, then they may have truly been surprised.  Their parents being strictly no birth control doesn't translate that they are no birth control.  They attend a regular brick and mortar church now.

• Love 1

Oh God, no. Not Brooklyn. That's one of those names I wish would hurry up and die. What is the obsession Southerners have with naming their daughter after an NYC borough?

Congrats on the girl, though.

Brooklyn is also Josie's middle name...

Of course the Maxhells would make voting out to be a fun, family event. Maybe they'll go home and celebrate with animal crackers and Pepsi. Yeehaw! Such party animals.

Pepsi? Surely you jest! Since Terri made an idol out of it...no doubt it's now a banned item....because Bible...and patriarchy

What is it about Fundies and their love of shirts that are a bilious shade of green? Not waxing ones eyebrows is supposed to make us fix our eyes on the countenance?

Mm mm.kay?

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
  • Love 1