Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E08: Tad & Loreen & Avi & Shanaz

Jessa gives Shoshanna advice on the art of seduction; Marnie and Desi argue over money; Hannah spends an afternoon with a new young friend; Loreen and Tad have an awkward dinner party with another couple.
  • Love 1
(edited)

Hannah's father is gay!!!  Woah!  Elijah called it.  (p.s. As a therapist, please don't break reality to your partner 10 seconds after leaving our offices.)  Is Peter Scolari gay in real life?  I lost my bet in the "father has cancer" pool.

I like Hannah as a teacher, but she has to really work on boundaries and limits with her students.  "Best Frenulum Piercings".  She's going to lose the first job that she's been good at.

Shoshana looked adorable in her red-white-and-blue politician wife wear.  I'd like for her to get back with Ray one day, but for now John Ritter's son will do.

Marnie's proposal? Zzzzzzz....  We see the ending of one bad marriage and the start of a new bad marriage.

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 3

The way everyone participated and respected Hannah the Substitute last episode was a total fantasy and the way the female student idolized her this episode is another. There are teachers that inspire that in students but I don't see Hannah as one of them.

The parent plot and dinner scene was very Woody Allen and I liked that better than the other stuff. 

• Love 10
(edited)

I thought Shosh grooming her bikini line was going to be the grossest scene of the episode, but then came the frenulum piercing. I thought Hannah was an absolute c*nt for not telling the piercing artist to stop when Maude started screaming, especially since she must have already decided in that moment not to have her own frenulum pierced. After the last episode I was hoping Hannah would become a successful teacher, but now I hope Maude tells on her and Hannah is blacklisted by all the schools in the tri-state area. I was also hoping she could make it work with Fran, but now I'm glad that he's got her number.

"I swore I would never get married until my gay cousin Dustin could" - of course you did, Assface. I wonder whose money he spent to buy the engagement ring. This marriage, if it even comes to it, is going to be even less successful that Jessa's with Thomas John.

Elijah is a perceptive dude. I'm glad we know what's up with Hannah's dad now, but I hope we don't have an episode where he comes to New York and hooks up with guys (maybe even Elijah) at Hannah's apartment.

Shosh totally thought that if she played her cards right, she'd become Jason Ritter's trophy girlfriend and could stop looking for a job. I'm glad he set her straight. Her attempt at dirty talk was hilarious.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 7
(edited)

"It's not not about me, Tad." 

Shosh was hilarious....."I'm going to campaign over here now."

In general, hilarious episode. I love Hannah's parents. 

That piercing part was horrible. And I can't quite believe that someone squealing and saying stop doesn't make the piercer stop. Like, stop. 

And I don't think Hannah is "inspiring" her students to participate in her classes in a "good teacher" way but rather by relating to them and behaving like one of them. It's superficial and the pierced student just learned a lesson about how Hannah is an asshole. 

Edited by Pogojoco
  • Love 9
(edited)

That student's mom is going to shit a brick when she tells her what Hannah did and how Hannah backed out of it. And not an ounce of guilt. What a shitty thing of Hannah to do.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 6

This episode was an insult to girls everywhere. I can no longer chalk Hannah's absurdity up to her being young. She is an asshole.

Marnie: sad sad sad. But at least I can buy this particular poor choice--unlike Hannah, whose poor choices are completely unbelievable. (BTW, I suspect that Desi's ring is an heirloom from his ex's family.)

Hannah's mom: I don't feel bad for you.

• Love 3

The Hannah-Cleo story line is random and strange and feels like Apatow is just desperate to force his kids on us.  Give me a damn break.  That kid had more lines on this show than some of the regulars.  The piercing scene was gross and I actually muted it and looked away.

Of course Hannah's father is gay.  *eye roll*  Now we get to enjoy Hannah's single parents visiting her for wild, slutty weekends in NYC.  I feel like we can expect an Elijah, Thad, and Hannah rave scene soon.

Shoshanna and Jessa are just caricatures at this point. I have never cared about Marnie and after tonight, I still don't. 

• Love 2

Hannah's parents killed it tonight. Every time they are on the show there is more of Hannah's personality that comes out. Well done on the writing and acting front.

If Hannah is lucky, only getting fired will be the best outcome. There could be a lawsuit. There could be charges. But if all the parent does is slap Hannah hard across the face, that'll be enough for me.

Marnie is an idiot. She and Desi are still out $2K and she's agreed to marry the guy who blew it. 

I really wanted to see Zachary Quinto this week. Maybe he'll perform the Vulcan Nerve Pinch on Jessa.  And eventually everyone else. (Except Hannah. She gets The Slap.)

• Love 10
(edited)

I loved Hannah's mom's lines this episode. Gold.

“HANNAH. Your father is gay.”

heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

And any of the descriptions of theoretical gay sex were really funny, too. 

Edited by Pogojoco
  • Love 5

So that really was Josh Charles in the background at the restaurant was it not?  It sure looked like him, lol.  

I so wish Hannah's mom could have reached through the phone and slapped her for not listening and kept making everything about her until the mother finally raised her voice.  I kind of hope Mrs. Weir wins an Emmy for this episode b/c she was great in this episode.

Again, why is Jessa here and why doesn't Shosh kick her bohemian ass out on the street.

Marni and Dezi...wow...I just can't.  I was glad when Marni stood up to him about the money in the apt and restaurant but she is a fuckin' idiot for accepting that proposal.  

I also loved Shosh being shot down when she thought she could just ride Mr. Ritter's financial coattails to being a trophy wife.

I was glad that the teacher can see that Hannah is nothing but drama, and i'm sure that she will be using the "but my dad just told me he is gay" card quite a bit now.

I can't wait for the Hannah supervising the student getting a piercing come back to bite her in the ass.

• Love 4

Ghost is mute.

“HANNAH. Your father is gay.”

heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

And any of the descriptions of theoretical gay sex were really funny, too. 

And the ten thousand dollar question is, how did Elijah know? Was it 'dar, or did he have some first hand knowledge or see Hannah's Dad at one of the gay bars?

• Love 2

I've seen every episode of this show and at the end of each one I would wonder if Lena Dunham is a terrible actress or is the character Hannah a dead eyed sociopath and tonight's piercing/hanging out with a student thing makes me lean more towards Hannah is a sociopath. Also, how could she be so clueless and horrible? She's fucking up the one job she seemed good at although she did make me nervous in a previous ep when she used the term MILF in her class. Like...uhoh here come Ms. Inappropriate again! 

• Love 6

I've seen every episode of this show and at the end of each one I would wonder if Lena Dunham is a terrible actress or is the character Hannah a dead eyed sociopath and tonight's piercing/hanging out with a student thing makes me lean more towards Hannah is a sociopath. Also, how could she be so clueless and horrible? She's fucking up the one job she seemed good at although she did make me nervous in a previous ep when she used the term MILF in her class. Like...uhoh here come Ms. Inappropriate again!

A sociopath wouldn't so desperately seek the student's approval.
  • Love 5
Sooooooo I just realized the character I relate to most on this show is Hannah's mom. If faced with the her daughter and her husband I would probably get the drunken giggles too.

I would say, in fairness, Hannah's mom played a role in the raising of Hannah, so she only really has herself to blame for that quasi-mess of a person.  Having said that, whenever I see Hannah's mom look as though she just wants to murder Hannah, I know if I was on the jury at the murder trial, I would vote to acquit her.  

I can't even start with Hannah's decision to take out her former student and get tongue rings.  Her judgment constantly amazes me.     

• Love 2
(edited)

I like Hannah as a teacher, but she has to really work on boundaries and limits with her students.  "Best Frenulum Piercings".  She's going to lose the first job that she's been good at.

Even though that substitute teaching assignment is over, she deserves to be banned from teaching in that school...maybe all NYC Catholic schools...for life.  It seems like they're setting that up.  Fran walked up as Hannah and the student were talking about where the student had had sex.  He knows Hannah is a mess.  There's no reason for him not to report that.  I'm very glad that Fran was shown as well over Hannah and completely on to her malfunctions.  Which are many.  Taking a likely underaged student for a piercing is completely unforgivable.  Cleo (the student) is going home with a swollen tongue.  Her parents are going to notice that.   They'll ask, she'll tell them, they'll call the school.   If a ton of rocks don't fall on Hannah for her relationship with that student, this show is absolutely, completely, entirely unrelated to reality.

I'm glad Tad ended up being gay.  It gives them longer term drama with which to work.  We've already seen that Hannah doesn't handle illness and death well (Grandmother).  This is a new area to explore.   The actors playing Hannah's parents did a great job.  They made fairly basic and unimpressive dialog into real emotion.   

I was wondering the same thing.  Is it bad writing and acting?  Is this frickin behavior supposed to be cute or relate-able?  To whom?   She has to face repercussions for this one.  Then again, she's been doing crap across all the seasons and still seems to skate along as a princess in la-la land.

I would say, in fairness, Hannah's mom played a role in the raising of Hannah, so she only really has herself to blame for that quasi-mess of a person.  Having said that, whenever I see Hannah's mom look as though she just wants to murder Hannah, I know if I was on the jury at the murder trial, I would vote to acquit her.

They've set up Hannah as Daddy's Girl.  Mom sees who Hannah is, has tried to deal with her, Daddy swoops in to save her.   It'd be interesting if they showed that dynamic changing now, but I suspect that kind of subtlety is beyond this show.

Edited by terrymct
  • Love 4

Hannah's "Fuck no!" was hysterical.  I hope her inevitable firing isn't too traumatic.  At least we found that self-centeredness is hereditary "It's not not about me!"

I don't what this means but I was more appalled by Fran wearing a T-shirt to school than the pierced freneculum.  I haven't been in a high school in 35 years, do teachers really wear (just) T-shirts in school now?

• Love 2

Hannah's "Fuck no!" was hysterical.  I hope her inevitable firing isn't too traumatic.  At least we found that self-centeredness is hereditary "It's not not about me!"

I don't what this means but I was more appalled by Fran wearing a T-shirt to school than the pierced freneculum.  I haven't been in a high school in 35 years, do teachers really wear (just) T-shirts in school now?

I went to high school in the late 70's (Class of 1980).  The hip younger male teachers mostly wore t-shirts.  If they taught science, the shirts were science themed.  If they taught literature, the shirts were literature themed.  None of them wore just a t-shirt with the local sports team or a business.

• Love 1

We're basically the same age terrymct, (class of '81) but I don't recall any teacher of any subject wearing only a t-shirt, except PE, of course.  I know memory, especially mine, isn't always reliable.  If any of my teachers looked like Fran I might've attended more classes.

• Love 1

We're basically the same age terrymct, (class of '81) but I don't recall any teacher of any subject wearing only a t-shirt, except PE, of course.  I know memory, especially mine, isn't always reliable.  If any of my teachers looked like Fran I might've attended more classes.

None of my male teachers, no matter what they wore, looked like Fran.  

Am I the only one who didn't recognize Judd Apatow's daughter?  Good lord has she grown up!

I'm assuming they intended for the audience to fast forward thru the piercing scene.   My mother only let us get our ears pierced at the doctor, and I still almost passed out.  Jesus people actually go to these places?  And don't die of tetanus or some gross infection? 

Why is Shoshanna's vagina sandy and broken? 

I don't what this means but I was more appalled by Fran wearing a T-shirt to school than the pierced freneculum.  I haven't been in a high school in 35 years, do teachers really wear (just) T-shirts in school now?

I think you should be more appalled at the pierced freneculum.  

• Love 1
(edited)

A sociopath wouldn't so desperately seek the student's approval.

Good point. How about just, "Dumb as fuck"?

"St. Justine's" is not a Catholic school, I'd wager. I think this is supposed to be a progressive, non-traditional high school--hence Fran's t-shirt, and the kids named "Ryder" and "Rainbow" (whom Hannah greeted in this episode). I'd imagine St. Justine's  is meant to mirror Saint Ann's, where Lena Dunham and Jemima Kirke went to school. Saint Ann's defines itself as independent and non-sectarian, though it was founded by an Episcopal priest. My favorite part of their stated history web page is this line: If history is meant to provide a definitive narrative for institutions, Saint Ann’s School may never have an official history. The School’s reality lives in the minds of its students, its faculty, its parents, its administrators and alumni: continuously evolving, deliberately challenging our own traditions as well as those of the world around us.

So, yeah.

With that said, even at a non-traditional school, parents have the reasonable expectation that their child's sub won't accompany her for a piercing.

Edited by lovinbob
  • Love 4

I also thought Hannah's dad was going to have cancer but this makes a bit more sense. I remember the scene in the hospital when Hannah's mom gave her a lecture about Adam and about marriage and relationships and it seemed to have a lot of her own regret tied up in there.  Ok, I found the quote from that ep and her mom says: "You're so special. You deserve everything and more. He's really nice, but, y'know, stay open to possibilities... I don't want you to spend your whole life socializing him like a stray dog, making the world an easier place for him. It's not easy being married to an odd man. It isn't."

Well, that's telling in retrospect. 

I also appreciated when she said "It's not NOT about me!" to him. I mean, for Christ's sake, they built a life together.  He can't just say "It's not about you!" - it is about her.  It's not because of her but it's about her. It's around her. 

• Love 9
(edited)

Ugh, Hannah.  In her mind, she's the cool, hip, cutting-edge teacher.  She doesn't want to mold young minds, she wants to be thought of as 'one of the cool kids'.  Of course she fits in at a school, since it makes her feel forever young.  God forbid she ever grows up or takes any responsibility for her actions.

The random, pseudo-trendy names in this episode cracked me up.  "Hey Rider, hey Rainbow".  One of the tenure dinner guests was named Thyme, and the hostess Shanaz mentioned her daughter Soraya (sp?).  Then again, Judd Apatow named his daughter Maude, which is one of the old-fashioned, old-ladyish names that are trendy now.

Also, that was John Lithgow's son Ian as the dinner guest whose daughter smoked meth.  He looks a lot like his dad, and sounds just like him!

What the heck was Shoshanna doing in the bathroom at the beginning?  Anyway, she and Ray seem to be the only real, self-aware main characters.  At least Shosh now realizes how hard it's going to be to get a job.

ETA, it was so great to see Jackie Hoffman!  I loved her in both 'Kissing Jessica Stein' and 'Garden State'.

Edited by Kat From Jersey
  • Love 2

Hannah's "Fuck no!" was hysterical. I hope her inevitable firing isn't too traumatic. At least we found that self-centeredness is hereditary "It's not not about me!"

I don't what this means but I was more appalled by Fran wearing a T-shirt to school than the pierced freneculum. I haven't been in a high school in 35 years, do teachers really wear (just) T-shirts in school now?

I think it's the school. I'm pretty sure the school (St Justin's?) is based on St Anne's where LD and JK went to school. It's a progressive school, not a religious one.

And Fran's completly unembarrassed and unironic "My mom bought it" made me want to propose to him on the spot. A history teacher who loves his mom? Call me, Boo!

• Love 5

Shoshana looked adorable in her red-white-and-blue politician wife wear.  I'd like for her to get back with Ray one day, but for now John Ritter's son will do.

Marnie's proposal? Zzzzzzz....  We see the ending of one bad marriage and the start of a new bad marriage.

I LOVED that skirt Shosh was wearing- I'm thinking Anthropologie, maybe.

I doubt Marnie and Desi actually make it to the altar. She was already starting to have serious doubts about the guy. I think she was just excited about being proposed to and getting a ring. She's been CHOSEN! She'll show off the ring to her family and friends, but at some point that cloud will lift, and her instincts about him will kick back in and the actual marriage won't happen. Or maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part.

• Love 6

Hannah's parents killed it tonight. Every time they are on the show there is more of Hannah's personality that comes out. Well done on the writing and acting front.

If Hannah is lucky, only getting fired will be the best outcome. There could be a lawsuit. There could be charges. But if all the parent does is slap Hannah hard across the face, that'll be enough for me.

Marnie is an idiot. She and Desi are still out $2K and she's agreed to marry the guy who blew it. 

I really wanted to see Zachary Quinto this week. Maybe he'll perform the Vulcan Nerve Pinch on Jessa.  And eventually everyone else. (Except Hannah. She gets The Slap.)

Please, can we have a Slap for Jessa, too?

I LOVED that skirt Shosh was wearing- I'm thinking Anthropologie, maybe.

I doubt Marnie and Desi actually make it to the altar. She was already starting to have serious doubts about the guy. I think she was just excited about being proposed to and getting a ring. She's been CHOSEN! She'll show off the ring to her family and friends, but at some point that cloud will lift, and her instincts about him will kick back in and the actual marriage won't happen. Or maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part.

Yeah, that's not going to last. And where did Desi get the ring? Isn't he broke? And hadn't Marnie been pouting over coffe for like 15 minutes? Does Desi just have engagement rings laying around in case his girlfriend of the week is about to make him get his own place?

• Love 6

Yeah, that's not going to last. And where did Desi get the ring? Isn't he broke? And hadn't Marnie been pouting over coffe for like 15 minutes? Does Desi just have engagement rings laying around in case his girlfriend of the week is about to make him get his own place?

Mark my words -- that ring probably belonged to his ex's grandmother! Whatever the case, it's definitely something totally douchey.

• Love 4

I assumed Des sold or returned the guitar things and bought the ring.

Why is Shoshanna's vagina sandy and broken? 

I want to know too. It looked like she was picking something out, but… I just don't know.

I don't remember the the refrigerator with the Eiffel Tower on it. That's very cool.

And Fran's completly unembarrassed and unironic "My mom bought it" made me want to propose to him on the spot. A history teacher who loves his mom? Call me, Boo!

I loved that too. He's so genuine, and I loved his honesty with Hannah.

I really enjoyed this ep. Everywhere was a train wreck, and I mean that in a good way, TV-wise.

I also appreciated when she said "It's not NOT about me!" to him. I mean, for Christ's sake, they built a life together.  He can't just say "It's not about you!" - it is about her.  It's not because of her but it's about her. It's around her. 

I agree. I didn't think her remark was self-centered. His declaration impacts her. It's certainly not ALL about her, but she never said that.

That piercing scene was so hard to watch, of course mainly because it was somebody getting their tongue (or whatever) pierced, but also because you know Hannah had already changed her mind. I really hope Hannah gets into trouble for doing this with Cleo. 

I had to laugh when Hannah told Cleo she was so wise. Cleo's a child who has dreams of having a relationship with Shia LeBoeuf and changing him.

Shosh is a mess, too. Her sudden sexual talk with Jason Ritter was awful. She's kind of awful too.

And then Marnie. First she tells Des that she's not materialistic, then she goes all gaga over a ring. Yes, the proposal had a lot to do with her reaction, but I think she also liked getting a ring.

Everything with Tad and Loreen was great. I had thought he either was very sick or wanted to tell Hannah that he was getting divorced, so this was a surprise. I wonder if they might stay together but have an open marriage.

Excellent ep.

• Love 4

I assumed Des sold or returned the guitar things and bought the ring.

I want to know too. It looked like she was picking something out, but… I just don't know.

I don't remember the the refrigerator with the Eiffel Tower on it. That's very cool.

I loved that too. He's so genuine, and I loved his honesty with Hannah.

I really enjoyed this ep. Everywhere was a train wreck, and I mean that in a good way, TV-wise.

I agree. I didn't think her remark was self-centered. His declaration impacts her. It's certainly not ALL about her, but she never said that.

That piercing scene was so hard to watch, of course mainly because it was somebody getting their tongue (or whatever) pierced, but also because you know Hannah had already changed her mind. I really hope Hannah gets into trouble for doing this with Cleo.

I had to laugh when Hannah told Cleo she was so wise. Cleo's a child who has dreams of having a relationship with Shia LeBoeuf and changing him.

Shosh is a mess, too. Her sudden sexual talk with Jason Ritter was awful. She's kind of awful too.

And then Marnie. First she tells Des that she's not materialistic, then she goes all gaga over a ring. Yes, the proposal had a lot to do with her reaction, but I think she also liked getting a ring.

Everything with Tad and Loreen was great. I had thought he either was very sick or wanted to tell Hannah that he was getting divorced, so this was a surprise. I wonder if they might stay together but have an open marriage.

Excellent ep.

Yeah, I don't see how you can be married to someone for probably around 30 years and then hear that he's gay and not have feelings about that. It is about her. Her life with her husband. And finding out that he kept something huge from her. I'm not trying to be harsh. I get that coming out is a different thing for baby boomers than Millenials or even Gen Xers. I get that this isn't something he can just decide to be or not be. I get that it's not about rejecting or hurting her personally. I get all of that, but is she supposed to not have feelings about it?

Oh Hannah. You shouldn't be getting friendship anythings with a teenager. A teenager who is your student. And you really should not be taking your student to get anything pierced. And you should not be talking to her about your personal life. And you shouldn't care if she thinks you're cool. And you should know all this without being told.

• Love 7

And you should know all this without being told.

This is the part that strains credulity for me. (I mean, the whole thing does, but it's Hannah, so ... We know she has poor judgment.) But I didn't think her judgment was so poor that she wouldn't KNOW what a series of bad decisions she was making.

• Love 2

I definitely see this happening. After Loreen gets to work out a lot of anger over this, and rightly so, I could see the two of them realizing that they do love each other, and becoming friends within the marriage, while their romantic needs get met outside the marriage.

This is the part that strains credulity for me. (I mean, the whole thing does, but it's Hannah, so ... We know she has poor judgment.) But I didn't think her judgment was so poor that she wouldn't KNOW what a series of bad decisions she was making.

Hannah's probably just happy to have a "friend" who isn't judging her and considers her advice valid.  I would LOVE IT if they cast Leslie Mann as Cleo's mother and she came after Hannah for encouraging the piercing.  She will cut a bitch. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Oh my so much going on! Finding out your husband is gay after the better part of 30 years is rough, but she obviously went outside the boundary of marriage as well so they both knew something was unfixable. 

I snarfed at my tv watching Shosh groom herself because I had a flashback to college where a friend of mine was wearing a mini skirt and dry shaving her legs, door open, all hiked up on the toilet. I pointed this out to her roommate who waved it off saying, "she does that all the time" and roommate's boyfriend sitting right there added "and no panties". 

It seems odd that Jessa wants Ace, unless it's only because she can't have him. She's thrilled she had 4 men attempt suicide over her, not the other way around so the minute Ace shows interest, she will no longer care. The only thing I thank Jessa for is that I adore with all my being, Chris O'Dowd, who played her husband of a minute Thomas John. 

And the piercing was so gross. 

Edited by nachomama

I'm not surprised Hannah didn't show better judgment about the piercing. As a teacher, I see newbies come in and while most of them are very professional and have no desire to be the "cool, hip teacher" who is everybody's buddy, there's always the one who's just that insecure, who'll go to student parties, who'll pick them up at 2 am and let them crash on their couch, who will get over involved in the students' personal lives - and not in a caring adult way. Those teachers are generally spotted and fired pretty quickly.

[Of course we have one teacher at our school who would overshare in the classroom about her romantic relationships and ramble on about how her weekend was "epic," and then blurt out loudly in the hallway about some guy she had sex with…she's on the Admin team now. (We're all baffled and honestly just assume she lowered boundaries with a boss and slept with someone to get where she is because she is dumb as a rock.)] 

Hannah is immature and self-centered enough not to understand that rules and procedures also apply to her as well. The school system, just like the Iowa Writer's Workshop, have conspired to keep her down.

So for the Wedding of the Century, who do you think will be more insane: Shosh or Marnie's mom?

• Love 1

The whole interaction of Hannah's parents, the dinner party etc. Was done so so well. I was surprised that LD had any role in the writing, as it really showed the hand of a wise writer of a certain age. For example, Hannah's mom's giggling at the toast and her colleague/ex-lover's confession of love...just so spot on.

• Love 3
(edited)

Agreed!

The best part of the show for me was absolutely when Hannah's mom was in the room with her would-be paramour, and she got the giggles as he professed his love.

She perfectly summed up the absurdity of life when you're well into adulthood and that s*** keeps happening. You think it will end in high school, then you think it will end in college, and then you think it will end in your 30s. Anyway, you think it will end at some point.

And it NEVER ends. It is hilarious and hard to believe, but it is true!

Edited by jennylauren123
  • Love 10

I'm not surprised Hannah didn't show better judgment about the piercing. As a teacher, I see newbies come in and while most of them are very professional and have no desire to be the "cool, hip teacher" who is everybody's buddy, there's always the one who's just that insecure, who'll go to student parties, who'll pick them up at 2 am and let them crash on their couch, who will get over involved in the students' personal lives - and not in a caring adult way. Those teachers are generally spotted and fired pretty quickly.

I'm over 2 decades removed from high school, and as I get older, I am amazed at how many teachers I had in high school that are exactly what you described: insecure and overly involved in our lives, but for their needs, not ours. I often wonder how they weren't caught in an interview process.

As a result, I found Hannah's behavior completely believable, just because I experienced it myself. Well, not myself, but a friend of mine got a tattoo in the presence of a teacher. He was a scumbag....