Type keyword(s) to search

Like Sand Through an Hourglass: Behind the Scenes of DOOL

Message added by Door County Cherry

The Behind The Scenes thread is not a spoiler thread.  So spoilers, including casting information, do not belong in here.  The "behind the scenes" information specifically related to casting should go in either the spoiler thread or the Salem International thread which discusses. departures and arrivals thread. 

• Start Topic

Corday and Meng needs to stop paying Sloan to write such lies.

Yep. Everything out of the major soap mags is sunshine and kooshballs about Days. There is hardly any biting commentary.

I know they have posted about senseless deaths (Will, especially) but they don't go where they need to go on what needs to be said. 

• Love 1

Great news but thanks for the spoiler.

Casting isn't spoiler, especially when it's on the front of US Magazine's website and is such big mainstream news that's being picked up all over by major sites and entertainment news.

Entertainment Tonight http://www.etonline.com/tv/179356_days_of_our_lives_star_kate_mansi_confirms_exit_this_was_not_a_decision_i_took_lightly/

Entertainment Weekly http://www.ew.com/article/2016/01/06/days-our-lives-kate-mansi

Variety http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/kate-mansi-days-of-our-lives-leaving-abigail-deveraux-1201673532/

The Wrap http://www.thewrap.com/days-of-our-lives-star-kate-mansi-to-leave-show-in-may/

US Magazinehttp://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/days-of-our-lives-star-kate-mansi-leaving-show-details-w160899

What they choose to do with Abby, ie kill the character in a car accident. That would be a spoiler. 

Entertainment Weekly's article says that NBC declined to comment on whether they'll recast or not.  

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 1

It wasn't a huge story at the time it was posted as someone's tweet.  I get it that people are dancing happily.  Comings and goings are definitely spoilers.  It's news about the future often with a bunch of speculation.

I keep forgetting who JPL is playing. He was in the waiting room & I'm like "why is the guy from OLTL there?" LOL!!!

I haven't watched in a while but my DVR still does its thing.  I decided to watch Daniel die and I see this guy in the waiting room with 1990s Boy Meets World hair...for the love of all that's holy, why do Days execs think that look is ok?  God, it's horrendous.

• Love 2

Boy Meets World hair

You're going to have to be specific.

Everyone on that show had very specific hair styles from Cory's Brillo curls to Topanga's early looooong fall to Mr Turner's poofy mullet.

But seriously whatever the heck the guy playing Phillip is trying to do reminds me more of He Man pageboy feathered out. He's just not attractive plain and simple.

• Love 1

Ryder Strong/Shawn's was like that too but when they all went to college Shawn and Eric cut their hair short and a little spiked. RS is so cute why couldn't they get him to play Philip? That's what is crazy; there's only 4 soaps left and plenty of good looking people with some talent needing work, so I don't get why there's some actors on soaps phoning it in or being so bland and blank!

• Love 5

Huh. So he's dead for real. His exit was kinda lame. First, the entire episode should have revolved around him instead of mixing in the car crash stuff. Second, there should have been an entire week of various people confronting him leading up to his death, not just one episode with Hope yelling at him. Third, once Unhinged Hope is gone and Normal Hope fully realizes what she's done, then what? Fourth, why out of nowhere was Stefano making ominous, suicidal statements a week or two ago and then on Friday acted like he legit wanted Hope to kill him? Since when does Stefano give up? Fifth, when is someone going to burn down the mansion. 

• Love 2

Tweets from the women who played Stefano's daughters in the 80s Megan Hathaway and Renee Dimera. Megan had more of a problem with Hope because of Bo and more of a daddy's girl before Lexie ever was. I wouldn't mind if she came back from the dead. This would be a perfect time with a chip on her shoulder to seek revenge.

33dxp8m.png

From Days's spoiler page on Facebook:

Out With a Bang: Salem will never be the same when a vengeful Hope kills Stefano. Kristian Alfonso gasped and was shocked when she got the scripts about the story line. Hope never trusted Stefano but thought he'd never hurt her, even though everyone else was fair game. He saved her life in the turret. She said it was extremely difficult to shoot the scenes. She still can't believe Joseph Mascolo won't be just down the hall at work anymore.
Hope feels justified and enraged at what Stefano did to Bo. She fully intended to kill him. Rafe is her rock and they form deeper bond because of this. Their shared secret brings them closer. Hope feels monumental guilt but she is so careless. She fears for her children if she goes to prison.
After wrapping it up, Kristian and Joe did a lot of hugging and kissing goodbye without talking about story. It hurt her heart and she looks up to Joe. Kristian says that Joe is an icon in this business and such a great man with a big heart and so much kindness. She loved working with him. She always called Joe Mascolo “Marshmallow” or “Cupcake” and recalls going to her dressing room totally exhausted after taping his last day.
  • Love 4

:(

I wish the writers had given them more to play in those scenes then, since there were extra emotions flying around. Stefano didn't have to die instantly...there could have been some fairwell chatting and tears...

• Love 3

:(

I wish the writers had given them more to play in those scenes then, since there were extra emotions flying around. Stefano didn't have to die instantly...there could have been some fairwell chatting and tears...

The whole recent Hope-Stefano storyline really made little sense. Stefano made his peace with most of the Bradys over the past decade.  Sure, they weren't besties, but the irrational years-long cat-and-mouse game had subsided, mostly thanks to Alexandra.  The only good thing is that we are going to get most of this mess re-written, re-structured, and ret-conned in the next few months.  Andre has always been the off-kilter diabolical DiMera and that's the saving grace.  He most likely had Stefano brainwashed, just like he did with Chad.  That would explain so much of Stefano's antics the past few months.

The Phoenix always rises.  Stefano is no doubt being secretly nursed back to health by some combination of daughters (Kristen? Megan? Renee?  A trifecta?). 

• Love 2

The Phoenix always rises.  Stefano is no doubt being secretly nursed back to health by some combination of daughters (Kristen? Megan? Renee?  A trifecta?). 

JMO but I doubt it.  There's a wonderful farewell interview with JM complete with pictures of his farewell party over in the spoilers thread here.  I think at the very least we'll see Stefano's ghost around for a bit but not him rising from the dead yet again.  I would love to see Stefano around until the day DAYS is no longer on but realistically? Joe is 86 years old and has been dealing with a a lot of health problems so I figured it was a matter time before we had to say goodbye even though I despise this particular story.

Greg Vaughan was on the AfterBuzz show today, he was sporting a pretty thick beard (thought he said he had actually trimmed it before he came on the show). He was wearing a beanie and he took it off at one point, and his hair is really long.

They have one of the diamond-smuggling elephants that Jen Lilley brought them one time, and Greg signed it. On the butt.

He said that the aftermath of the car crash and what is going to be coming up is, as far as he is concerned, his best work on the show.  He also said that he is no longer on the show. "I'm unemployed", as he put it.

He was praising Daniel Cosgrove as an actor and as a person, and he hated what they did with Aiden.

Martha Madison was supposed to be on, but they said she woke up extremely sick.

• Love 2

The Daytime Emmys are a fucking joke

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/daytime-emmy-prenominations-revealed-0

All these bad actresses and actors made the final Emmy PreList

Molly Burnett.... Vivian Jovanni.... Kate Mansi is in lead

Wow, what an insult to KA and AZ to not make the list--they have been stellar in extremely emotionally exhausting scenes but it's KM, who has one facial expression and can't cry on cue, who is on the pre-list for noms.  

I just don't get it.

• Love 3

I knew Kate Mansi would get (pre) nominated but as motherfucking LEAD? Wow. Wow. I'm 100% sure she'll actually get nominated. 

I actually like Molly Burnett but I don't really remember her getting any Emmy worthy material. 

What the hell did Vivian Jovanni get nominated for?

• Love 3

Wow, what an insult to KA and AZ to not make the list--they have been stellar in extremely emotionally exhausting scenes but it's KM, who has one facial expression and can't cry on cue, who is on the pre-list for noms.

I just don't get it.

The younger actors and actresses are one big ass joke. Those newbies who can't act got noms for Days. Molly Burnett is still bullshit. I'm sorry. I don't even give a shit what she turned in. Travesty. No RSW neither. SMH.

What the hell did Vivian Jovanni get nominated for?

She probably turned in all that crying crap with Ciara and Bo reuniting.

• Love 2

I really want Lauren Boles to cinch the win! She deserves it, and how horrible is it that they put her recast on the pre-nom list as well? No justice.

Yeah I think the only ones who will win are:

Reign Edwards (Nicole, B&B) or Brooklyn Rae Silzer (Emma, GH)

If that gal who plays Kiki wins I might kick a kitty. Not really. But the thought will be there.

• Love 1

Keep in mind half of those names won't actually make the actual, final nominations but they are still a joke to even get this far. Last year like 20 Days actors were pre nominated and in the end IIRC only 4 got nominated.

And thats suppose to make the people who got snubbed feel better?

And again even in the prenom process, Molly Burnett and Those teens shouldn't be on the list. The teens were nominated for 3 months of work. It's a joke.

The Daytime Emmys are the Grammys for Daytime. Either the same mofos get nominated and win and/or we get a bunch of vapid nothings who get nominated. Hardly no one is surprise or no one new wins at this show. It's politics and who's kissing the most ass to get nominated.

True, KM, Vivian and Molly are awful or just not that good. Still don't see what the Emmy committee sees in Molly Burnett to keep giving her nominations everytime she's on Days. She dont sizzle on my screen.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 1

Oh geez. I didn't say they are supposed to feel better. I was just trying to say there's a good chance many of them won't actually get nominated in the end. Shrug. If there's this much of an outcry now I'm trying imagine the meltdown if KM does get nominated.

• Love 1

Wow, KM and BM submitted for Lead categories. Lots of heavyweight they're going up against.

Although I love Wally, I can't think anything he did that stood out.

I guess we'll know who made the cut in March.

• Love 1

Oh geez. I didn't say they are supposed to feel better. I was just trying to say there's a good chance many of them won't actually get nominated in the end. Shrug. If there's this much of an outcry now I'm trying imagine the meltdown if KM does get nominated.

Oh the idiots will nominate her for Lead just so more stronger actresses will have a better shot beating her. This happens all the time. There is always a weak wonder in a group of stellar performers. It's like a group of pretty girlfriends and there is that one in that group that isn't attractive to be with them.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 1